Hemp Flower

maremaresing

If Arete is a low end source, who would be top shelf for THCA hemp flower. Who would be markedly better than Arete? Seriously asking because I find Arete to be dry and dense but quite good, and less dry/weak than WNC.

jbm

If Arete is a low end source, who would be top shelf for THCA hemp flower. Who would be markedly better than Arete? Seriously asking because I find Arete to be dry and dense but quite good, and less dry/weak than WNC.
Lately I buy from either Lost Oak Farms, Ocean Grown Trees, Holy City Farms, or Hoku, though you need to be a member to buy THCa from them.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Finally got my order from Preston (never any reply though and judging by another review left recently I'm not alone lol) and the quality definitely seems better, the effects as well, but I only tried one herb strain so far and one of the dab strains... Yeah I'm still not sure it would be so full spectrum, but definitely as good or better than anything local seemingly

Arete had good response and WNC dabs alright (Arete okay) but neither feel worth going to for herbs again, might put up with Preston in the future for more despite lol yeah seems like there's always more well recommended ones, the above are good to know as well though I'm not sure when I will be up we're trying another new one again?

tokenknifeguy

public discussion of staff decisions. Warning point issued
Trying to have factual information is taking it personal? I'm speaking of factual information and science. I just think people have a right to know the facts and not some tingling within. thca hemp is the exact same as weed from rec/med dispensaries. I've shown plenty of pictures of rec weed that is literally hemp by federal definition .3% or less d9. The truth (science) will set you free, and I'm just trying to help others understand that you can buy legal thca hemp and have it shipped to your door, even in states where rec/med is illegal. Usually way cheaper (maybe a handful of states have it actually cheap) and with none of that added bs taxes. I think information trying to deny this should be called out and having the correct information should always be strived for.

Most vendors (generally speaking) can have top shelf, but I find on avg arete isn't top shelf. Most of the stuff I got from them were drier than avg and definitely muted smell/taste. Not to mention paying $35/8th and then getting some smalls/micros. And arete is one of the worst vendors in having mold over the past year or so. Arete is a vendor for newbs, and usually most people find better vendors eventually. For some reason arete and wnc are what all the newbs start off with. I've done mentioned many vendors that are better than them two, imo.

Shit Snacks

I've shown plenty of pictures of rec weed that is literally hemp by federal definition .3% or less d9.

Okay, maybe this helps, but my main point is, there is also weed that has more d9 though, correct? Potentially other compounds that could be different as well, aside from just the THCA (I would agree that many of what is sold as regular is just THCA, but I think maybe regular weed is still a separate thing although harder to track?) hemp or not...

The other herbal strains I tried from PHC were not exciting, but the dabs are really nice, they just don't feel fully full spectrum per se, the effects are really good though not as strong as they possibly could be?? No one is trying to deny your findings really, I'm sorry I came across that way previously :luv:

tokenknifeguy

Okay, maybe this helps, but my main point is, there is also weed that has more d9 though, correct? Potentially other compounds that could be different as well, aside from just the THCA (I would agree that many of what is sold as regular is just THCA, but I think maybe regular weed is still a separate thing although harder to track?) hemp or not...

The other herbal strains I tried from PHC were not exciting, but the dabs are really nice, they just don't feel fully full spectrum per se, the effects are really good though not as strong as they possibly could be?? No one is trying to deny your findings really, I'm sorry I came across that way previously :luv:
No weed that you get high on is just thca. CBD don't get you high and actually brings the high down, supposedly. But the plant has 100 or so cannabinoids with the mass majority being thca. CBD (cbda) or CBG (cbga) are usually the next highest, with some cbc mixed in there. There is literally no difference in thca hemp and thca weed. It is all the same. The live cannabis plant doesn't produce any thc. Its all thca. Heat is the main way to convert thca to thc. Thats why you have to decarb your weed before eating it. Decarbing uses heat to convert thca to thc. Smoking converts thca to thc. There is literally no difference from thca hemp and thc weed. I've done shown many pictures of rec weed and hemp weed, and both are literally the same. You will find many strains being sold in rec/med that is in reality by federal definition (D9 of .3% or less) hemp. And most thca hemp is only tested like 30 days prior to harvest, so there is still plenty of time for the d9% to rise over the .3% once harvested.

Go back and look at the strains I posted, unless the mods done deleted it, and look at the thca % for rec and hemp. Then look at the d9 thc %. Even if rec weed tests at 3% d9, and 25% thca, is that any different than a hemp plant with 30% thca and .3% d9? Answer is no. The biggest thing to remember is that this is a loop hole that someone tricked these politicians in passing. Many states are already starting to ban thca hemp, FL was most recent with GA next on the chopping block. Even states with legal rec/med are even banning thca hemp. Why? Bc it is the exact same, but for much cheaper, without all those bullshit taxes. So the med/rec are losing out on millions/billions of potential profits/taxes.

tokenknifeguy,
  • Haha
Reactions: bulllee

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No weed that you get high on is just thca. CBD don't get you high and actually brings the high down, supposedly. But the plant has 100 or so cannabinoids with the mass majority being thca. CBD (cbda) or CBG (cbga) are usually the next highest, with some cbc mixed in there. There is literally no difference in thca hemp and thca weed. It is all the same. The live cannabis plant doesn't produce any thc. Its all thca. Heat is the main way to convert thca to thc. Thats why you have to decarb your weed before eating it. Decarbing uses heat to convert thca to thc. Smoking converts thca to thc. There is literally no difference from thca hemp and thc weed. I've done shown many pictures of rec weed and hemp weed, and both are literally the same. You will find many strains being sold in rec/med that is in reality by federal definition (D9 of .3% or less) hemp. And most thca hemp is only tested like 30 days prior to harvest, so there is still plenty of time for the d9% to rise over the .3% once harvested.

Go back and look at the strains I posted, unless the mods done deleted it, and look at the thca % for rec and hemp. Then look at the d9 thc %. Even if rec weed tests at 3% d9, and 25% thca, is that any different than a hemp plant with 30% thca and .3% d9? Answer is no. The biggest thing to remember is that this is a loop hole that someone tricked these politicians in passing. Many states are already starting to ban thca hemp, FL was most recent with GA next on the chopping block. Even states with legal rec/med are even banning thca hemp. Why? Bc it is the exact same, but for much cheaper, without all those bullshit taxes. So the med/rec are losing out on millions/billions of potential profits/taxes.

For the record, I am 76 and 1/2 going on 77, and I'm getting too old for this.

I think you'll find the forum (and the the interwebs in general) a lot more fun if you just learn when to let it go. Thanks for your cooperation.

maremaresing

CBD don't get you high

This is wrong.

Anyway I'd rather your arguments be additive, in that you provide stores and reviews of hemp that you like. This way, I can go get some of the stuff that has you so fired up.

Currently I need to stock up on THCA and CBD hemp in the month of April, but from a seller that uses long term storage packaging. I probably have 2 months of CBD hemp flower and hash left, and maybe 9 months of THCA flower.

I'd rather wait and get fresh as I need it, but if this will all be banned again, I can't run out.

-Eight Horses has epic CBD flower, so I'll probably pick up some there. Elektra is my absolute fav. I've tried the rest over the years and they are okay, but I really didn't like Hawaiian Haze. Their THCA flower is top notch as well, and the blue dream impressed me and my friends.
-Holy City Farms Blueberry Dry Sift CBD is nice. It works, and I'm tempted to get their Blueberry CBD flower. Anything with blueberry in the name has been a win for me. Supposedly their other stuff is good too, and I need to get more.
-Arete ships in long term storage bags. The GG4 was great, and I look forward to trying some of the others I have. It's dry, but it vapes great.
-MountainFlowersHemp is run by a really nice guy who cares about the product. I've met him, and bought some CBD flower. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the potency, even though the buds were pretty and well packaged. Pricing was a bit high given how much CBD Hemp I consume. It's been a couple years, though, and maybe I should try again.

Ironically, I can just buy it locally, and Sugar Hemp Farms ships locally. I can walk into a store and get it, but they all have them in big jars with customers sticking their hands all over it and NO.

Last edited:

tokenknifeguy

This is wrong.

Anyway I'd rather your arguments be additive, in that you provide stores and reviews of hemp that you like. This way, I can go get some of the stuff that has you so fired up.

Currently I need to stock up on THCA and CBD hemp in the month of April, but from a seller that uses long term storage packaging. I probably have 2 months of CBD hemp flower and hash left, and maybe 9 months of THCA flower.

I'd rather wait and get fresh as I need it, but if this will all be banned again, I can't run out.

-Eight Horses has epic CBD flower, so I'll probably pick up some there. Elektra is my absolute fav. I've tried the rest over the years and they are okay, but I really didn't like Hawaiian Haze. Their THCA flower is top notch as well, and the blue dream impressed me and my friends.
-Holy City Farms Blueberry Dry Sift CBD is nice. It works, and I'm tempted to get their Blueberry CBD flower. Anything with blueberry in the name has been a win for me. Supposedly their other stuff is good too, and I need to get more.
-Arete ships in long term storage bags. The GG4 was great, and I look forward to trying some of the others I have. It's dry, but it vapes great.
-MountainFlowersHemp is run by a really nice guy who cares about the product. I've met him, and bought some CBD flower. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the potency, even though the buds were pretty and well packaged. Pricing was a bit high given how much CBD Hemp I consume. It's been a couple years, though, and maybe I should try again.

Ironically, I can just buy it locally, and Sugar Hemp Farms ships locally. I can walk into a store and get it, but they all have them in big jars with customers sticking their hands all over it and NO.
CBD don't get you high like people are traditional looking for in 'weed'. Cbd definitely don't get me high. I've tried cbd by itself and nothing. Maybe some body relaxing, but definitely no head change like thca does. Not even close. People with low tolerances might have better luck, but when people talk about getting high from weed, its thca that they are talking about. I don't have enough room or time to list out all the strains that worked for me. Since I found thca hemp at the beginning of last year, I've tried over 200 different strains (including concentrates). They all work for me and I'm a daily user going on 20+ years. I've tried some type 2s and they don't really do much either. BOB from flow, eraser v from flow, laughing buddha and lemon skunk from arete. None of them were worth my time. I wouldn't mind a strain with like 20% thca and maybe 2-5% cbd, but haven't really found something like that yet. In fact, I've had way better luck with cbdv strains, like forbidden v and pinewalker (both are close to 1:1 cbd:cbdv with cbdv being like 7%). But even then I had to smoke several bowls of thca and then finish with a bowl of the cbdv strain. And it just added to the 'stone'.

My go to vendors (done listed them already) are Sugar hemp farms, upstate, hemp barn, doctor ganja, wildflower, fire hemp farms, piur, black tie, ogt, veteran grown, wnc, ocoee to name a few. I probably have at least 85 different strains on deck right now, and that isn't even mentioning concentrates, lol.

For the record, I am 76 and 1/2 going on 77, and I'm getting too old for this.

I think you'll find the forum (and the the interwebs in general) a lot more fun if you just learn when to let it go. Thanks for your cooperation.
You probably should have let it go instead of posting that reply of yours. Bc like wtf you even going on about? maybe you can cooperate and give some context on your old ramblings next time?
20240329-174643.jpg

Last edited:
tokenknifeguy,

Shit Snacks

CBD don't get you high like people are traditional looking for in 'weed'. Cbd definitely don't get me high. I've tried cbd by itself and nothing. Maybe some body relaxing, but definitely no head change like thca does. Not even close. People with low tolerances might have better luck, but when people talk about getting high from weed, its thca that they are talking about

I'm sorry, but I just want to say, different people have different body chemistry that reacts to things different ways, so it's not necessarily people with low tolerance either, it is all relative really... I still find all your contributions here interesting though and they have altered my perspective a bit, just so you know (if you even see this, thanks!)

Anyway maybe getting back on track, the mention of CBDV reminds me I almost bought some live resin infused candy that had THCV included... Had to look that up, I guess that is the one that suppresses appetite and is more energetic purely??

maremaresing

CBD gets me wonderfully high, and I pity people it doesn't work on. Even pre hemp, I dreamed of strains like harlequinn that were rumored to be high in this wonderful oft ignored chemical "cbd". High CBD strains were unobtainable until legal hemp, and I love being spoiled for choice now. I'm also angry that this medicine for me was kept from me for so long.

I am also a Strain Hoarder, and want to try every new strain and type. With the legality and cheapness of hemp, the only thing from having a bunch of strains like pictured above ready to go is my concern about them going old after I open them. That being said, I'm still enjoying strains I got in 2017, which shows that stored correctly it does okay even without humidity packs.

Eight Horses Hemp is running 30% off type 1|2 and 40% off Type 3 so I backed up the truck (mostly buying CBD flower). It blows my mind to pay $9 a quarter when, even ignoring inflation, $90 a quarter was a "good price" on the street. I used to be So Very Poor and would buy grams for $20 and was just happy I could try a new strain every time.

I'm particularly looking forward to the Amnesia from EHH, since I've had that before and like it's variants. Got a flu/cold in amsterdam once and had to pass a cold rainy day before I could come back to the USA the next day. An Amnesia preroll helped during that horrible time and I don't remember much.

I haven't even opened my last Arete order and I have strains going back to 2017 to finish and I am buying more somebody please help.

Radwin Bodnic

harlequinn
I've had the chance to get a sample of it from my local CBD shop and I was really amazed by this strain. (Curing was excellent as well, I think it was from an Italian grower, hydroponic under glass house).
Nose was absolutely sublime, sweet and candy while the mouth was full bodied and earthy towards the end of the bowl.
It is one of the few CBD strains that really set me down for a few minutes.

Highly recommend !

C No Ego

C No Ego,
  • Haha

RxPlorer

RxPlorer,

maremaresing

While it is the height of hilarity that that party accidentally legalized it, it's only been a good thing. The only reason the harmful analogues ever existed was due to prohibition. So much harm has been caused by it, and now people don't need to do all that horrible stuff. So of course that is a Big Mistake that should be rectified.

Top Bottom