• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Help finalizing a 420 portable purchase

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Hello everyone!

I know threads like this are a little cliché, but I have narrowed the choices down, and done a good amount of research and narrowed the choices down this time.

I’ve been watching hundreds of reviews and reading thousands of posts here, but I still can’t seem to come to a concrete decision regarding which portable vape to grab this 420.

I have a ton of vapcaps, a few woodscents that give me convection use with the vapcaps as well, and a splinter, all of which I love dearly. I am looking for something I can take with me on the go that is discrete.

I don’t care at all about clouds, just flavor and effect.

The vaporizer needs to be discrete in form and function.

As you can see, all of my vapes so far are on demand, while most on my list are session. I microdose, so whatever we pick has to be able to work with vapcap size amounts of flower or concentrate.

I like the idea of dosing capsules, or some other “already loaded” option, but anything that is easy to load out and about is probably ok.

I would prefer removable batteries, but am open to internal.

Here is the list I have thus far, with the current 420 deals pricing:

-Replaceable batteries-
Ghost: $280
Fierce: $189 PIU
Argo PLUS goodies: $175 420edc
Terra: $120 Boundless
Starry: $89 POTV
Fog: $84 PIU

-Non-replaceable batteries-
CFX: $108 boundless

-Mostly decided against because...-
Fury 2: $109 PIU - Fog is similar but has replaceable batteries.

—————————————————

Any direction, opinion, observation, etc. is welcome and appreciated.

I really like the form factor of the Argo, and it’s on sale with lots of extras. Plus I could take a stem out if I wasn’t able to finish a session to cool it off quickly and save it for later.

The fog seems like a great deal for a super discreet convection (mostly) vape. Plus can handle concentrates.

The ghost sounds amazing for flavor, has dosing capsules, and can handle concentrates. Kinda bulky though.

That’s where I’m at! Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

-dab8-

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Have you considered a fillable cartridge system like the CCell Palm or the PCKET (or however they spell it)? That would be the most discrete and stealthy option. Couldn’t be used with dry flower obviously but the convenience and stealth factors can not be beat.

DirtyD

The lil bud. Amazing vape. Hits like a train, full convection, on demand, manual, durable, and Mike always has deals going on. The lil bud elite looks awesome too, a bit out of my price range tho. Cheers! D.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Have you considered a fillable cartridge system like the CCell Palm or the PCKET (or however they spell it)? That would be the most discrete and stealthy option. Couldn’t be used with dry flower obviously but the convenience and stealth factors can not be beat.
I do have a small cartridge battery that I love, but I am looking for a portable flower vape. You’re right, nothing will ever beat a cart for discretion. Thanks!

The lil bud. Amazing vape. Hits like a train, full convection, on demand, manual, durable, and Mike always has deals going on. The lil bud elite looks awesome too, a bit out of my price range tho. Cheers! D.
Interesting, someone just recommended the lil bud elite. I have the splinter, but it sounds like this is a whole new level. I’ll check it out, thanks!

Where's the Tera for $120?
The place where I found the price attached to the vape is listed to the right. In this instance Boundless.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
someone just recommended the lil bud elite. I have the splinter, but it sounds like this is a whole new level. I’ll check it out, thanks!
The Elite will not likely have a 420 sale and has a waiting list, it is also closer to $300 with a stem. @Bravesst correct me if I am mistaken. They are too nice to risk having them confiscated at a show. I use my ArGo just how you have described. The pop-up cap/bayonet style is pretty worthless and the same is true for the included carry case, I would recommend a longer stem and a water adapter would be desirable to get the most out of this little guy.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Right and they're advertising 25% off for their 4/20 sale, which gets it down to $150. That's why I was asking where he found it for $120.
Hmmm... possible I miscalculated that one.

Are you asking because if I can get it for that price, out of all the options on that list, that’s the one I should go for?

Or...

Lol why are you asking?

Vaporware

I have the same hole in my lineup, and I went with the Nomad. Since mine’s still not going to be ready for a couple of months though, I’m considering taking advantage of the 4/20 sales to try something else and probably pass it on to a friend later. Every time I start looking at the other small options again though, I remember why I skipped each of them. :doh:

I’ll keep looking this week though, and maybe I’ll just try something that’s a good deal and respected around here even if I don’t like everything about it.

Here’s a pic from @SloJimFizz showing the Nomad between the Fury 2 and Milaana in case you haven’t seen it next to them before. There is a waiting list, but it’s a list well worth getting on in my opinion. :)

2ngew4y.jpg

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I have the same hole in my lineup, and I went with the Nomad. Since mine’s still not going to be ready for a couple of months though, I’m considering taking advantage of the 4/20 sales to try something else and probably pass it on to a friend later. Every time I start looking at the other small options again though, I remember why I skipped each of them. :doh:

I’ll keep looking this week though, and maybe I’ll just try something that’s a good deal and respected around here even if I don’t like everything about it.

Here’s a pic from @SloJimFizz showing the Nomad between the Fury 2 and Milaana in case you haven’t seen it next to them before. There is a waiting list, but it’s a list well worth getting on in my opinion. :)

2ngew4y.jpg
I’m actually on the waiting list for a nomad, but that will likely never leave my home. Like the lil bud elite, it’s far to expensive, and in this case too beautiful to risk carrying to concerts, hiking, etc.

I’m looking for an “out and about” vape.

justcametomind

Fury2 is a great option. Imho it's better than the Fog. Fog has restricted draw. A friend of mine decided not to get a Fury2 and got a Fog instead. Just because of the replaceable battery. He is now back to joints because he dropped it and lost the screw that keeps the battery compartment closed. I dropped my Fury 2 a million of times. It's almost on demand like the Grasshopper. It's like if the Grasshopper and the Mighty has a baby: it has LCD screen, capsules, almost on demand vapor. It is still my go to portable after 3 years, and I have a few.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
can please someone compare the fury2 to aizer air or milaana?
thanks
I'd take a Fury over an air if you're shopping for a session vape, especially at the $99 sale price that's ending today in some places. The milaana is in a different class and rates among the best unregulated on demand convection vapes.

If on demand convection interests you tonight is the end of the Splinter V1+ sale at vgoodiez.com and the end of the Splinter V2 sale at Sneaky Pete Vaporizers. I got one of each of these deals (an earlier V1 if I'm not mistaken) and I couldn't be happier with them.

Top Bottom