Hello to all! First high on vape!

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I wanted to say that those of you who have been using a vaporizer for all this time...well you are the smart ones.

I just purchased a trainning wheel version of a vape compared to what I've been reading most of you have, but HOT DAMN!!! Thanks to all your helpful hints throughout the forum, this virgin just popped his gaseous cherry tonight sucessfully. I have a great strain right now, and I ground it up...set my temp to 350F (176C)...waited 10 min...2 pinches later...WOW. I haven't felt this stoned since collage.

I found that with my vape, a DIGITAL REVOLUTION 1.0 from ebay (a ceramic heating elemnt & glass whip based system), it helped to turn the base to where the heating element angel was more straight up and down. This helped when the pot touched the then 340F element. Great Vape! Is that a normal thing to do? Is it bad for it, or for me? Forgive a newbie for silly questions.

Either way. It KICK'S ASS!

Thanks again for all your helpful hints.

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Welcome DD. Yes its normal to find a way to prop the back of a box vape up to get the heater on a more horizontal angle. I did read somewhere 'why' the heaters are angled upwards but it didn't make sence. I use a block of wood for my box vape.

:tup:

:buzz:

:horse:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
And of course any suggestions for enhancing my experiance with my new best friend is greatly welcome.

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thats a great idea. I'll play wood shop tomorrow.

Wow...the waves of stonieness...the waves.

LOL

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Nice...that is the vape I got. Just a little info for anyone who is looking to buy the same model...I got it for US$70 with a realy nice grinder on Ebay, and it shipped from California to Florida in 2 days!!! It works as advertised. It deosn't have a cheap feel, and the glass parts are quality. I'd love to try these $500 models to see the differance.

Now that I'm normal and at work...I can convey my thoughts more clearly about my fantastic experiments last night. :ko:

IMO:

1. I'll probally end up smoking more than combustion, but the jury is still out on that one. I've been smoking at least 5 times a day for 10 years now, and I think the old ways will take a while to reform. Probally why I continuously seemed to want more last night. My lungs seizing is when I stop with cumbustion. Nothing like that with vape. Awesome!

2. I have lung problems, and for the first morning in ages I haven't coughed up "stuff". Whatever it is. I do on the other hand have a seriously irritated and dry spot in the back of my throat. Any way to releive that?

3. The high is better than I expected, and my wife just laughed at me when she saw my eyes for the first time after I vape'd. It is much better than a water pipe in almost all respects, but the classic feeling of smoking. Seeing how the smoking feeling is the toxins rushing into your lungs...I'll get over it.

4. My only complaint is the speed which you must ingest the bud. Since my unit is whip based...I can't lay the bowl down without the bud spilling. Also it continues to cook in the hot glass/screen, so if you don't finish what you started to the end you'll watch your vape go up into the air. Unlike with a water pipe, which I can take a hit and chill before the next. I don't like the rushed feeling to get all out of my bud before it is rendered useless.

5. Mixing mint and lime leaves/zest (I'm sure other herbs as well) is a nice way to flavor the half spent bud. I found the half spent stuff unappealing to the palette, and herbal additives were a nice touch.

My experiance. Take it for what it is worth. I'm sure as I learn to use my vape peoperly, then I'll continue to have even better experiances than last night. All and all. I'm a vaper for life (While at home. No good hand-held units out there from what I read.)

DD

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
I'd love to try these $500 models to see the differance.
Around here we tend to recommend whip vapes >$100 and <$300. Under about $120 you get a made in China vape with questionable parts as far as safety and reliability, and for $550 you can also get a made in China vape with questionable parts as far as safety and reliability. :lol: And the warranty sucks on both. :/ Not trying to trying to trash your vape, but digital is a crap shoot at the low end and while you can't expect the same guts in a cheap box that you get with a high end digital vape, electronic controllers in a high heat environment and glass heating elements (Vaporfection) have not yet been proven to be reliable at the high end either. Bells and whistles don't = quality, and especially reliability.

I have lung problems, and for the first morning in ages I haven't coughed up "stuff". Whatever it is. I do on the other hand have a seriously irritated and dry spot in the back of my throat. Any way to releive that?
Actually, switching from smoke to vapor quite often makes you cough up stuff at first-usually for a few days at most. Dry throat is fairly common. THC itself can irritate the throat. Taking in a lot of air with hits (hard to avoid with some vapes) makes it worse. Drink water while vaping to rehydrate a dry throat.

No good hand-held units out there from what I read.
Not true. Which ones have you heard are "no good"?

Welcome to the world of vapor. :cheers:

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahah welcome to FC man ;) alway fun to see new member !! enjoy this place ,I think there is no better place to find info on delicious vapor ;)

Clear_Dome,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks for all your replies.
Clear_Dome:, and vaporcloud
Thanks man. I'm glad you guys are around. I would of never made the right decisions or preformed the right methods without this community!

Max:
I thought I'd see if I'd like vape before purchasing the expensive ones. You all seem to recommend the Extreme, so starting with this paycheck.. I'm saving for one of those. I don't really like all the plastic on the Vape I have now. Good for a start, but you are right. I need to spend the cash for a good vape now that I'm whipped;). I have to be patient though. 250 USD is a lot for me right now.

As for the sore throat. It realy isn't that big of a deal, but I was thinking about using a combo. Maybe slide the end of my whip into my water pipe, and hit it through that. I'm worried about waste though. Not too sure if that is a good idea. Anyone had any luck doing something simular?

Finally, I've read that the Vapir, HappyVapy, and the butane based ones on Ebay don't heat to a proper temp (not to mention contain aluminum heating elemnts. Booooo Toxins!) on www.marijuana.com. I've also read they combust your bud anyways in most cases. No one that I've read that owns a vapir recommends it. I'd love to have a good vape for my lunch hours, but obviously need a portable. Any suggestions?

Thanks again to all

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Do some trolling and you'll find many theads that have posts about using water filtration. Its easy as ... just run the whip end into your bong and suck baby!!! I prefer dry whip delivery than water filtered and but do suffer from a dry throat after a couple of bowls. I just take a 10 min rest and drink a glass of water and then hit it again without probs.

1. I'll probally end up smoking more than combustion, but the jury is still out on that one. I've been smoking at least 5 times a day for 10 years now, and I think the old ways will take a while to reform. Probally why I continuously seemed to want more last night. My lungs seizing is when I stop with cumbustion. Nothing like that with vape. Awesome!
Yes the jury is still out. Some vapes seem to be more efficient than others but what I find is vapping is so much nicer than smoking I hit the whip more often and therefore consume more product. Like you I am a habitual user and have been vapping exclusivly since December last year after years as a bong and pipe smoker. I certainly don't conserve anymore herb but I get higher, it tastes better, has less throat and lung irritation and (I'm a muso/singer) my singing voice is waaaaaay stronger.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
vaporcloud...Thanks for the trolling tip. Of course you guys would have a thread about water pipes and vaporizers. I have a big cup of tea tonight by my side. No irritation so far, and I'm BAKED! I have read many simular thoughts toward water filtrating your vape. I like the whip. Getting the hang of it now.

I totally agree about the consumption of more bud due to the enjoyment of the smoke. It's cool. I used to take my smokes for granted. Meaning I'd smoke till I was stoned without actually taking time to enjoy the process of getting stoned. Now I'm like a teen again. Really makes me slow down, plug in, and zone out.

So your a singer? Fantastic. I'm happy you've been able to find a safe way to get stoned without harming your talent. Are you from New Zealand? Kiwi and all. My dream is to work for WETA Productions as a 3D Artist. It is a beutiful country in my opinion. Thanks for the tips, and your insight.

Well Florida weather is at its best. Thunderstorms, lightening, and wind. Time to protect my machine. Good Night All.

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
I thought I'd see if I'd like vape before purchasing the expensive ones.
We could have clued you in there ;). You can always use the DR as a backup.

You all seem to recommend the Extreme, so starting with this paycheck.. I'm saving for one of those.
:tup: You'll have all the vaping methods covered.

I've read that the Vapir, HappyVapy, and the butane based ones on Ebay don't heat to a proper temp (not to mention contain aluminum heating elemnts.
You got some bad info. There are some fake vaporizer review sites out there. Hope you haven't been reading that garbage.

Vapir isn't a top rate brand, and reliability is a big issue, but a lot of people have been satisfied with the One and especially the Mini. The HappyVappy also has many satisfied users, and it's better quality than the Vapir. A butane vape can certainly get hot enough. The main problem is they tend to get too much heat, especially when you go cheaper than the VaporGenie. Decent quality aluminum heaters have never been a health issue. It's been the most common vapor myth. Vape makers went to ceramic elements for longevity. You won't find any name brand vapes with aluminum heating elements anymore. They just don't last. Vapor Brothers stuck with aluminum heaters longer than most, and they had a ton of failures.

Good butane portables are the Genie and Vaporstar. The Vapir Mini is a good one with the battery pack. I know a guy who's been happy with that one as a portable. The 12V vapes are better, but larger too.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
So your a singer? Fantastic. I'm happy you've been able to find a safe way to get stoned without harming your talent. Are you from New Zealand? Kiwi and all. My dream is to work for WETA Productions as a 3D Artist. It is a beutiful country in my opinion. Thanks for the tips, and your insight.
Guitarist and Singer ;) Yup a kiwi thru and thru brother ... I work in Wellington (NZ) which is the home of Weta studios and LOTR.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Max:
The vaporgenie is the winner. That looks awesome, and for $60. I didn't realize you could adapt a normal pipe so efficantly to vape. It looks safe as long as the flame never touches the bud. I have to decide if I save for the Extreme first, or the Vaporgenie. Looks like it may have to be a Christmas present. I smoke more at home so the Extreme will probally come first. That is about 2 months away unfortunetly. Thank you for the insight. I never saw those models before.

Vaporcloud:
I've been in love with New Zealand since I was about 17 when I was assigned to write a geography/sociology research paper. The lands are so beautiful, the people so nice, and the traditions so interesting. I'm an artist, and I have drawn many tattoos. The Mouori are a very impressive people, and I want to get a representation of their type of tattoo fro my shoulder. Of course not to offend anyone...I will do my research as to what symbols a non-Mouori person can use. If you know af any great reference materials other than googel, then I'd love to see them.
My wife has read LOTR every year for about 25 years now. Before the movies...I hadonly heard of it in passing. I'm not much of a reader of fantasy. She is obsessed. Even more now due to the movies. I've seen all the behind the scenes footage at least 7 times. Not to even mention the movies. I am a 3D Artist, and to work there would be heaven to me. My wife would be so happy she'd be able to walk on the ocean to New Zealand if I got a job at WETA. LOL

Enough rambling...back to work. See you all after work.

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I seem to remember a store or two that give you a free Vaporgenie when you buy an Extreme. That would be a nice present. ;)

I'd recommend taking your time and doing some research before deciding on a vape. I'm not saying the Extreme isn't good, just that there are some really good units (and lots terrible) out there and one of them might suit you better. If you want an all in one, then maybe not.

Pretty cool stuff, DDV. What 3d apps do you work with?

Let's all go to NZ, big party at vaporcloud's! You'd better grab another pound. :party:

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Nice vtac!
I'd be happy to vape with any of you. Your a cool bunch. :D

The all-in-one aspect is not as important in a vape to me as the quality. If I'm going to spend some serious cash, then I want to be sure to get something that delivers. Not to mention last for a while. I have about 2 months before I can afford anything, and I figure that $250US is about all I can spend for now. Overtime hours at work is the way I'll save, so it will be slow going.:(

I use 3D Studio Max 2009, Mudbox, Photoshop, and After Effects almost everyday. My work I've done for contract is on my website(email me if you'd like to see my artwork). I love oil painting, drawing, and sculpting and they are on there as well.

I noticed there is no place for hobbies in the profile section. I'm sure there is a sticky thread with what everyone likes to do besides getting stoned or while your stoned. I'll have to look at what you all do for fun. Are you into 3D vtac? Email me if you'd like some cool links to awesome 3d websites. Great to look at while baking your brain.

Take Care

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
$250 is more than enough. ;)

I dabble in Photoshop, still a lot to learn. Made an untextured hammer in Maya, that's about it for 3D, tons of respect for those guys though. Didn't check out everything on your site but pretty impressive stuff (cool flash interface too). I liked the chase homes flyby, very nice work. :tup:

Yeah a hobbies thread might be a good idea, we have some interesting characters around here. :)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vtac said:
I seem to remember a store or two that give you a free Vaporgenie when you buy an Extreme. That would be a nice present.
Greatvape.com.

DIGITALDAVINCI said:
I figure that $250US is about all I can spend for now
Where do you find an Extreme for $250? You could get that price when it was first out, some months ago on eBay, but the lowest I see it these days is $290.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I could of swore I saw it on EBAY for 250? I just looked, and the Extreme with bunches of "gifts" is $290. I think it is the same seller. Was just selling it without any "gifts" before. So much for free gifts.

Of course you are talking to a stoner...I never rule out user error. lol

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks for checking out my site vtac, and for the compliments.

I've got a great link to loads of pro training videos from Gnomon. FREE!!! They usually range from 35 - 50 dollars each, and there is about 10 tutorials on MAYA and PS. All you have to do is download each chapter. Let me know if you are interested.

I think I'll start that hobby thread when I get home. While I'm waiting for "herbie" to warm-up;-)

DigitalDavinci,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
hey DDV welcome man, Nice to C wev'e got another unit to take us off tread with interesting stuff :) Vaping is definately the bomb, I"M sure ur current vape will b great backup in a short time, My recomendation if you like many quality hit's for fun etc. BHO + VG (dressed salad)using a SSTB out of yah kitchen, while your saving for that Extreme, BY which time you will be thinking of an SSV And maybe some green Thumb hobbie outlet amongst a whole lot of other Extra shit you will be keen to achieve since you won't be SMOKING anymore :D

That Digital revolution reminds me so much of the Vaporite, which i'm thinking of trying out with a dressed salad by the way(if i drag my self away from the VG hippy crack pipe :lol; )

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, im in one of those financially tight situations as well, right now im saving up for a ssv and my medical reccomendation + a quarter of dispensary bud, maybe a little more
thats 225 for the ssv, 100 for the doctor appointment (the more legitimate ones charge less) and 100-15 for bud (i havent had weeed since april, cause i told my parents i wouldnt till i had a med card)
im on a student budget and my parents were stupid enough to put my college fund (5k) into a cod that doesnt mature till next semester :disgust: ... so i had to buy my books out of my personal savings account... that i had 500 in... :mad:
long story short i need to find a job... there arent any job in my pos town it doesnt seem

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
If you don't have too many bad habit's you'l get wher yah goin in no time, The Universe does provide if your making the right moves, i'm feeling if You have faith in plants you also need patience too, I'm getting seed's @ the moment that could take 5 to 10 years to give me what i want, 4 various reasons, I can't get the product or plant for instance but the seed is another matter, i'm eating noodles right now, but it will be worth it im sure :)

OH & ive never been to concerned about what my parent's thoughts were about what i chose to do with My Body/Mind, Same reason's why i don't care about authorities views on that issue either :) & while i could be seen as a rabid Lefty i'm certainly no anarchist, just vehemently opposed to Fascism no matter what it's Label , Dictatorship,Demagoguery, Democrazy etc. FUCKEM ALL

The 2 longest runing Con's of all time Religion and Democracy, Just my opinon of couse i'm not trained in philosophy :D

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well the only reason ive kept my word to my parents is because i gave my word, i believe in honor
if i give my word then next week they find more weed then my word becomes next to worthless, my parents are usually pretty reasonable and trust me, and i dont like to abuse other peoples trust

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom