Heavy bong smoker trying to convert and need advice

JCat

Accessory Maker
Pollen hash does definitely work well in the EVO ELBs ... on it’s own without mixing ... but like you said @Seek, you’ll want to break it up.

GoldenBud

Pollen hash does definitely work well in the EVO ELBs ... on it’s own without mixing ... but like you said @Seek, you’ll want to break it up.
if this is true, then the ELEV8R will extract it well too. and much cheaper.

GoldenBud,

JCat

Accessory Maker
if this is true, then the ELEV8R will extract it well too. and much cheaper.
The elev8r isn’t really much cheaper by the time you add the coil and the enail if you want temp controlled electric and not butane though ... and then both require glass of course ...

butane is fine, and I know some prefer heated that way ... but personally, I much prefer electric. That’s why I nodded the SV3 to use an enail and why I use an induction heater when I use a Dynavap.

JCat,
Reactions: YaMon

daoist

A traditional pollen hash is probably the hardest thing to vape and most messy. Never put pollen hash into a concentrate device like dab-pen, e-cig or a concentrate attachment for herb vapes. All of those depend on the concentrate to be meltable and evaporable without leaving any mess behind. A pollen hash will not do that, it will mess them up.

I think the only way you can vape pollen hash is to grind it together with weed into an fluffy weed-hash mixture without any large chunks and then vape that just like weed in a herb chamber of a vape. Don't put more hash than weed into the mixture or you'll risk clogging it. I don't think there's any way to way only pure pollen hash. The hash pieces should be as small as possible, if they are chunky, the vape will not be able to reach the goodies inside, only on the surface, but it will also dry it up, so you could then break the chunk easily with by stirring and make more vapor accessible with the next hit. I think a convection vape would work much better for vaping such a mixture. A conduction vape would work too, but weaker.

Don't forget to empty (and better - brush) the bowl after the session when it's still warm, it you leave hash ABV to cool down in the bowl, it could clog it up. That is also applicable to only weed, but hash especially.

I would advise to try steer away from pollen hash if you want to vape, find meltable concentrates for concentrate vapes or try to get back to pure weed. Do you need hash medically? If not, then a need for hash is a sign of tolerance out of control (or shitty weed...?), then I would advise to jsut bear with the disappointing effects of pure weed for few days and the brain will adapt and turn that back a to a new normal like the hash effects used to be.

I agree. if you use traditional oldskool hashish mix it with some flower and just hand pick the hasish in very small pieces.
you have to stir each hit to keep it going. You can use ABV instead of fresh flower. but don't put to much in the bowl. the hasish will melt a bit and stick to the abv.
I generally get good results with my Arizer extreme q with vaping hashish. But i am sure there are better options out there.

I am not sure how a dab rig would deal with hash. Like Herborizer Ti with hash on a dab nail. I like to vape more hasish. It is usually much more pure smoke. Sometimes i have to hand press the hash and warm it with hot water bottle to make it brown and sticky before i vape. Lot of the decarbing already takes place during vaping from the heat of the bowl, so i am not really to concerned if the decarb was not perfect, but if you just put some dry keef in the bowl you won't get any good results. So you have to hand press and hand decarb the keef first.

I also look for a vaporizer that is good for vaping hash. but for now i just mix hashish with some abv in my extreme q.
I used to use degummed hemp fire but this just iriitated my throat because it felt really dry, so i don't use that hemp fibre anymore.
just either fresh flower or a little abv seems to work better.

Last edited:
daoist,
Reactions: Siebter
Top Bottom