• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

3l3tric

Nice find! Just tried this method with a small nug filling less than half the bowl, about a dozen tasty rips at 198c/390f. A bit of a tight fit snapping on the mouthpiece holder, but on my year old unit not concerned. Definitely one to use in quick situations!

Edit: Seconf time around, less than half bowl with no lid cap on top…..
I’m not digging that the dosing cap is making contact with the silicone area constantly, so gonna stop this method.
That's a good point, not sure how much of a concern that hot metal against silicon would be. In my case I was never trying to stuff too much in there so I'm sure the cap wasn't heavily pressed into the gasket, but still.

3l3tric,

vapeape77

That's a good point, not sure how much of a concern that hot metal against silicon would be. In my case I was never trying to stuff too much in there so I'm sure the cap wasn't heavily pressed into the gasket, but still.
I’m about to insert my 4th new gasket in over a year… they do wear down a good bit over time if you do 6 bowls a day like me 🤙 Probably didn’t help that over the summer I mostly used caps and left the Edge inverted on bubbler during sessions.

vapeape77,
  • Haha
Reactions: BigJr48

Robert-in-YEG

Let them good times roll.

I really like the look of this vape.

The entire Healthy Rips line looks interesting, but an internal battery would never last me a day. Is there any chance that new models may include removeable 18650 batter support?

Robert-in-YEG

“Pleasing one king is difficult enough. Pleasing two is nearly impossible.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Robert-in-YEG,

Zipford

I really like the look of this vape.

The entire Healthy Rips line looks interesting, but an internal battery would never last me a day. Is there any chance that new models may include removeable 18650 batter support?

Robert-in-YEG

“Pleasing one king is difficult enough. Pleasing two is nearly impossible.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

I don't have any inside knowledge but I tend to doubt HR is going to move to a removable 18650. Mostly because they have redesigned it a few times and come out with new models without including one with a removable 18650 battery. I think part of the attraction of the Edge is the simplicity and smooth lines. Also, I only have the Edge but I think a 18650 battery would probably require the Edge to be bigger, and again a big part of the attraction for me at least is how pocketable the Edge is. So my guess is that it is unlikely a removeable battery is coming anytime soon.

A removable battery was one reason I upgraded from the Edge to a Tinymight -- the Edge is a decent vape, but its life is limited by the internal battery. That said, I believe HR does have a program where they'll sell you a replacement at half price, so that's something.

3l3tric

Well, now that I've had the unit for some time, I feel like it's only appropriate for me to give some extended impressions. Currently enjoying a nice morning sesh at 378.

I'm still blown away by the versatility of this unit. The low temp settings are incredibly smooth and flavorful, but with more vapor than I see most units produce at 390-400, while the higher temp settings can really send you soaring and leave the avb right where I want it after a few hits at 410. The 3D Flow stem has become a permanent resident of the accessory attachment, with a small piece of silicon whip tubing on the end to help a bit with the heat on extended sessions, although it does seem the heat of the stem correlates with the temp of the heater, and keeping the unit below around 390 seems to keep the heat on the lips mostly in check. The 3D Stem+accessory attachment has become my primary build at home, but I must say the stock mouthpiece with 3mm Borosilicate beads ("Adamas-Beta Solid Round Clear Glass Boiling Stones Beads, 3mm Diameter" on Amazon) does cool incredibly well and makes for a great on the go pocketable build, although the beads do seem to build up vapor resin considerably faster than the 3D Stem.

Both the dosing caps and the "naked" bowl loading seem to require a moderate pack, as expected in a (mostly) conduction vaporizer, although this requires no more than using the back of a small screwdriver to lightly tamp the load until mild resistance is felt. I'm definitely glad I opted for the Edge instead of the Rogue, since it really does rely on the bowl being completely full to perform at its best. It comfortably holds .2-.25g when packed as described, which IME has been more than enough for both solo sessions and use between two people, with the dosing caps lowering this requirement a bit to probably around .15g apiece.

The battery life has been ok, though as others have noted a replaceable battery like an 18650 would be nice. I do have to admit my experience with the battery is probably worsened by my need to thoroughly roast every bowl rather than just run a 3 minute sesh then dump the load, so I could certainly get much better results with shorter session times/not reusing bowls. Even with running bowls for 2 sessions at approx 11-12 total minutes, I still manage to get 4-5 bowls per charge, with each charge taking about 2 hours. For the size of the unit, I really can't complain, since that would probably be at least 10 bowls at 4 minute sessions each.

Overall, it's a pretty incredible little portable, and I'm definitely satisfied with my purchase. I'm soon VAS will set in at some point (I already have my eye on a dyna welcome kit, hehe), but for the use cases I had in mind before purchasing, the Edge has definitely satisfied.

Now, to go ahead and finish off that bowl from earlier at 398 :spliff:

Pistol Pete

Darn, my Edge just thru a Protect E 08. Second time it happened with the Edge. I never had this happen with my Fury 2. Looks like I'm taking my Iolite and a can of butane with me to work tomorrow. 😅

Pistol Pete,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! We are excited to announce this year’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales Event - our biggest sale of the year!

20% Off Storewide at healthyrips.com including our ROGUE, FURY EDGE, and FURY 2. Our Black Friday sale is live now and runs through Tuesday, November 30th 11:59 PM PST. Use coupon code: BLACKOUT

bf-sale-2021_orig.png

We wish you a very merry holiday season ☃️ Stay safe & stay healthy!

Healthy Rips Team
healthyrips.com

Robert-in-YEG

Hi All! We are excited to announce this year’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales Event - our biggest sale of the year!

20% Off Storewide at healthyrips.com including our ROGUE, FURY EDGE, and FURY 2. Our Black Friday sale is live now and runs through Tuesday, November 30th 11:59 PM PST. Use coupon code: BLACKOUT

bf-sale-2021_orig.png

We wish you a very merry holiday season ☃️ Stay safe & stay healthy!

Healthy Rips Team
healthyrips.com
When you release one with an 18650 replaceable battery, I'm your next customer.

Robert-in-YRG

Robert-in-YEG,

Bazinga

I haven't seen a post from someone who has had a Fury where their battery had become exhausted to the point of rendering the device unusable. I'm wondering just how long the battery lasts assuming normal (whatever the hell normal is) usage. In my feeble mind, if the usability is there for 3 years and a new one can be purchased at 50% discount, then I'm satisfied.

vapeape77

I’m more concerned about the air flow from those small holes at the bottom of the unit over time than the battery life, 6 bowls a day keeps the doctor away

vapeape77,
  • Haha

3l3tric

Checking back in now that I own one of the POTV One Mini Bubblers! I'd seen in a reddit thread someone claiming they fit the Edge, so I decided to go ahead and buy one and see how it performs.

First, the bad news: Unfortunately, the stem is just slightly too short to be properly installed. It'll clear to about the second of the three o-rings, but there's a noticeable gap that I'm not really comfortable with trying to vape through. Kind of a bummer since I like the curved form factor more than the open faced form factor of the standard bubbler, but ah well...

...Because the good news is, with a small piece of whip tubing and the straight glass mouthpiece, I was able to rig the bubbler up, albeit slightly higher than normal. I'm blown away by how much smoother hits are through this thing, even smoother than a 3D stem loaded with glass beads.

TL;DR curved mini bubbler doesn't fit the Edge properly, but I'd definitely recommend picking up the standard retail bubbler for this unit. Your lungs will thank you

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Hello guys, I am Aezhenn, wood turner and accessory maker.
I really enjoy my Fury Edge, and I would like to propose stems for the Rogue and the Fury Edge, with a glass vapor path and wood to bring a nice color and a warm touch to your black vape.
All the glass tubing is from Glass Charlie, for great quality.

20220130_113910[1].jpg

20220130_105526[1].jpg

If you are interested, you can see more pics in my thread aezhennwood

Thank you! :)

deadsouthernblake

Anyone know what could make the Edge suddenly stop coming on? A couple nights ago I was in the middle of a session and it shut off, it came back on but only for less than a minute... and it hasn't come back on since. It will charge like normal, the screen lights up. The power button doesn't seem to be messed up in anyway. I'm lost

deadsouthernblake

I'd thought about that but it was a gift from an ex.....I managed to get the vape and charger but somehow left the box that had the papers. I'm not sure if it got registered.....

deadsouthernblake,

Zipford

I'd thought about that but it was a gift from an ex.....I managed to get the vape and charger but somehow left the box that had the papers. I'm not sure if it got registered.....
I haven't seen your issue discussed or seen many people tinkering with the Edge to fix small issues (like we do with the TinyMight, for example).

HR has a decent reputation for customer service -- I'd say no harm in reaching out to them and seeing what they say. I'd be interested to know how they handle a situation like this -- I've always thought registering a product is BS. They should know if it is theirs when it is returned, and also when it was purchased if that is important to them (and if they can't tell, what stops me from registering a 2 year old device and then making a warranty claim as if it were newer?). But anyway, people seem to say HR are good people -- I'd see what they say.

Ddubziggy

Hello, 1st post on this site so please bear with me.

Long story short I'm interested in picking up a Healthy Rips device (see title), but am hesitating due to some lack of clarity regarding the materials.

These devices look extremely safe to me, however:

- only the pathways and chambers are
specified as "food grade/high temp" stainless
steel
- however, I cant find any mention of the
heating element/coil itself being certified as
such (I would think the material used in this
component would be the most critical)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Ddubziggy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
@HealthyRips.com - can you clarify for @Ddubziggy question?
Hi, we will be happy to clarify!

Our devices have the following:
  • Isolated Air Path - Food Grade Stainless Steel
  • Food Grade Stainless Steel Chamber
  • Stainless Steel Heating Coil (we outsource our stainless steel coil from Japan due to its purity and reliability).
Further, all of our devices are CE and RoHS Certified for your health and safety. To read more about our dedication to health and safety visit our Health & Safety page.

If you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help :).

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Ddubziggy

• Stainless Steel Heating Coil (we outsource our stainless steel coil from Japan due to its purity and reliability).
Further, all of our devices are CE and RoHS Certified for your health and safety. To read more about our dedication to health and safety visit our Health & Safety page.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
Thanks so much for the reply. Would it be possible to know a little more about that steel? For example, whether or not its 304/316 grade and what qualifies it as safe for being heated to the temperatures requisite for vaporization and subsequently inhalation? Again, thanks :)

All the Best!
Healthy Rips

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
And one more (just thought of it haha).

Could you also tell me about the finishing process/machining done on all your steel? Does it undergo a burning off/kiln heating to remove final potential toxins?

Thank you for your time ~

Ddubziggy,
Top Bottom