• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
Got mine yesterday. Some good hits and goes through a packed cartridge pretty quick. Sandwiched some hash in there, about a BT, cooked it pretty good. Very tasty. So far only used capsules, packed tight. I'd put in the crafty space.

USB C - not acting like other USB-C devices I own (phones, laptop, portable power bank) in that it straight won't charge off the adapter I use for the power bank. I plugged it into my powered USB bus I use for my PC and it charged from that. I can charge it from my power bank so that's alright.

This is good for sneaking in a quick few tokes. If I want to use the caps on the go I will have to invest in a bag to dump them in as they do come out pretty hot.

Overall a nice little vape

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! To celebrate the Holiday Season, we are having a 10% storewide sale through January 1, 2021. Use coupon code: SOARWITHSANTA during the checkout process.

10-holiday-sale-2020_orig.png

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Healthy Rips Team
healthyrips.com

djelibebbi

BTW anyone try this vape press thing with the edge? Thinking might be worth a look into...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Vaping relies on hot airflow. There's no air getting through a "small, dense pellet". Seems it'd work much better for smoking.
While I agree that great vaping experience does include hot air, some of the conduction vapes like the pax are more reliant on the heated oven, so in that sense this pellet might work okay, just kinda slow cookin' in there. Apparently some amount of air does pass through the pellets.

I think it will be a better performer for some vapes than others. Pax, for one, works very well with a tight pack of flower. The manufacturer seems to put their money on the Pax and Fury so far. Maybe S&B next? (one size would fit several...)

I think my wrists would get tired! I'd be busy making a lot of these things...just to keep up.

djelibebbi

I thought the puck thing was sketch but I've been packing weed into those capsule things like mad without a problem, so kinda wonder.

djelibebbi,
Reactions: OF

C No Ego

I thought the puck thing was sketch but I've been packing weed into those capsule things like mad without a problem, so kinda wonder.
in my years of vaping I've found that little tiny pieces ( fine grind) that sit there loosely always vape better than a tight pack ... vaping is moving heated air through the material to release it via volatility and heat ... if the load is a packed then heated air bumps into the outer edges and does not enter the load easily .. that initial heated air could start to take the puck apart some and allow more air into the center or it could harden up even more .... usually it will melt some and become more gooey .
anyway , be cautious too of putting concentrates in there , the heater and all the air input is right below the bowl and can clog up if the stuff leaks downward.
Edit - even a loose pack will tighten up after being heated ... the trichs form into a ball in the center until fully vaped ,,, if the laod is packed in there tight it just tightens up more with heat

djelibebbi

anyway , be cautious too of putting concentrates in there , the heater and all the air input is right below the bowl and can clog up if the stuff leaks downward.
I do dabs separately, but I've found sandwiching hash nubs works okay. Those little cannisters really keep out the green and basically the vapor condenses on the top side and screen, where the air flow meets obstruction.

But, I hypothesize the cannisters adds more conduction in the mix, maybe allowing a tighter pack, because the conduction heat causes gasification, causing the mass of the material to diminish, crating internal gaps, even when tightly packed by hand.

TLDR abv in a tightly packed cannister is still dark and even.

But to your point - that is not a puck. No conduction magic in a puck. That leaves the device itself...

I need a demo before I pull the trigger

WRT looseness/tightness of pack and granularity of grind generally, depends on the vape design IME.

Eg a fine dense grind on a plenty gives me an abv puck when I'm done that's actually solid and you can break by hand after maybe 1/2 hour session, but I wouldn't do that with my v-tower etc.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Happy Holidays to one and all!! I just received my Edge, today. I ordered from one of my favorite companies....PuffItUp.com. I just filled a bowl and ran it through my bubbler from Airvape. It was great!! I have the Fury 2, but I wanted a little more battery life. The Edge should remedy that situation. This is a great vape and for someone with small hands, I feel very comfortable holding it. I may end up giving a friend of mine, my Fury 2. She stills smokes and her cough is frightening! She is a three-time survivor of cancer. But, her excuse for not vaping is that it disturbs her throat. But she has only tried vape cartridges from the dispensary. I think she will fair better with flower and the Fury. This way she can control the temperature and use a bubbler or bong. This hopefully will help her out. We could all use a little help from a friend. Have a great evening to all.❤️

Bazinga

Congrats on the Edge !!! I've said it before and I'll continue to say - for me the Fury provides the best bang for the buck. I'm glad your friend is a survivor and I wish her well.

I've have yet to try the Edge with a bubbler. Maybe over the long weekend I'll give it a try.

C No Ego

Congrats on the Edge !!! I've said it before and I'll continue to say - for me the Fury provides the best bang for the buck. I'm glad your friend is a survivor and I wish her well.

I've have yet to try the Edge with a bubbler. Maybe over the long weekend I'll give it a try.

I've been running the vape through a bubbler dry the last few months ... just complety stopped using qwater in it ans really like how much more easy the whole process is and still does what I need, condition the vapor ... I can set it down on its side etc....

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Fury Edge or an induction heater for my BB9 dynavap....? I can't decide. :hmm:
Both of course! :)
I prefer the Edge as a portable. It's overall smaller and simpler, easier to use on the go. Edge and a Jyarz Classic is all I need when I'm out and about.
I love the IH at home, though, and I'll be buying a newly released Fluxer Flite as soon as they're available again.

vapethirty

Just got one. Enjoying. I have the multi-wp adapter but it doesn't fit my 14mm f piece well. it does work.

would prefer to buy a more specific 14mm adapter but haven't yet located one yet.

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hi folks! I'm revisiting my Edge after a year or so in the drawer.

How are people best utilizing this piece for concentrates and herb through water? I am sandwiching dry sift rosin between ground flower in the Fury 2 glass WPA and running the device at max temp (430F); I have not tried using the edge dosing capsules and accessories attachment. Recommended?

One thing that I noticed is that the heater has an odd smell when heating up, and it seems only when heating up. I have taken to blowing through the air port to clear whatever weirdness might be hanging out in there; it is an electric/rubber/toastmaker type smell that is unmistakable if I hold the device upside down and put my nose to the air port.

Has anyone encountered this?

sk8man121,
Reactions: OF

djelibebbi

my doctor just said my lungs sound great,

One thing that I noticed is that the heater has an odd smell when heating up, and it seems only when heating up. I have taken to blowing through the air port to clear whatever weirdness might be hanging out in there; it is an electric/rubber/toastmaker type smell that is unmistakable if I hold the device upside down and put my nose to the air port.

Has anyone encountered this?
Not since I burned mine off. Did you try to run it on max for a few minutes?

djelibebbi,
Top Bottom