Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
My Fury 2 is now 2 1/2 years old and still going strong, still heating up quickly and doing a terrific job of extraction. Though I got the dosing caps from out and about--I'm a serious mtn biker, hiker, xc skiier, snowshoer, etc.--now I use them in the house too. They just make loading and unloading so damn easy and keep the vape and my belongings clean. I'll load between 4 and 8 at a time and then put them in little plastic very inexpensive centifuge tubes. Sometimes I'll have sativa loads in one tube and indica in another. And a third empty tube for the spent caps. Great fun and so easy.

Mr. Me2

My Fury 2 is now 2 1/2 years old and still going strong, still heating up quickly and doing a terrific job of extraction. Though I got the dosing caps from out and about--I'm a serious mtn biker, hiker, xc skiier, snowshoer, etc.--now I use them in the house too. They just make loading and unloading so damn easy and keep the vape and my belongings clean. I'll load between 4 and 8 at a time and then put them in little plastic very inexpensive centifuge tubes. Sometimes I'll have sativa loads in one tube and indica in another. And a third empty tube for the spent caps. Great fun and so easy.
I was leaning towards the caps. My only concern was impact on performance by adding a lot of conduction. Can you or anybody weigh in on that?

Plus, if I remember right @Ratchett has a tray to hold the caps

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey, some of you F2 and Edge users,
A friend has an F2 and smartly has only ever used the glass stem and I believe the glass is the only thing he ever needs to clean. I'm used to using capsules in a Mighty with a wpa and the only cleaning is the wpa and occasionally some caps.
Can you tell me about cleaning, maintaining when you use the standard chamber and mouthpiece in a Fury?
How much hassle is mp cleaning with Fury? Or that adapter thing in the Edge?
thanks!

vapviking,
Reactions: Jill NYC

OF

I think the Edge comes with a lot. The bent glass mouthpiece is tempting but may not be necessary if the stock mouthpiece is comfortable(which I know it is on the Fury2).

Actually the bent stem is all I use these days. But twisted around so it goes back over the top. Then invert the display (long press on fire??) so you can read it in use. No need to bend your neck like you were messing with your cell phone ..... again.

I was leaning towards the caps. My only concern was impact on performance by adding a lot of conduction. Can you or anybody weigh in on that?

Good instinct, it does degrade performance. Not because it adds conduction but rather because it blocks (slows the transfer) that's already going on. Conduction is the only game going on. All vapor is made that way. No such thing as 'hybrid', any convection calls for air heated much hotter than we have available.

So, yes, introducing a gap (never a good idea if you're goal is conduction heating) and a layer of SS isn't helpful. But also, very significantly, it reduces the volume available for herb. Cutting load volumes in half, give or take. So, you get half the total vapor and it takes longer to get it all out......

Nothing in life is free, it is more convenient and does keep the unit much cleaner, also in the balance? One other thought, the capsules are great for bubble or traditional hard pressed hash! They clean up easily when warm, hold much more THC than a normal herb load, and seem to go and go and go. Several serious sessions in a row. It's what's loaded in mine right now (and has been for a while), I bump the heat up to 415F to compensate for the slowed heat transfer for 'normal' hits.

OF

Mr. Me2

Thanks @OF. That info helps. The convenience of preloading is very tempting. But having the best stem is important too. And with the bundle choices, I’d like to pick right. Now to say I won’t have an add on.

Hey @Jill NYC - don’t you have one of these or a Fury2? I’d love to hear your recommendations!

C No Ego

A friend has an F2 and smartly has only ever used the glass stem and I believe the glass is the only thing he ever needs to clean. I'm used to using capsules in a Mighty with a wpa and the only cleaning is the wpa and occasionally some caps.
Can you tell me about cleaning, maintaining when you use the standard chamber and mouthpiece in a Fury?
thanks!

I have never touched the plastic mouthpiece that comes with the vape, just use the glass WPA all the time ... the bottom of the bowl will eventually dirty some over time and may need cleaning with a lightly doused Q tip and isopropyl alcohol ...
the way I use it is upside down on the bubbler so vape residue travels upwards into the isolated air path because it is higher than the vaporization point ETC.... eventually that air path will accumulate cannabis resin ... I use a small funnel and iso to run down through the air path to clean it out while being careful not to touch the silicone band located on top of chamber ... that little silicone band holds the WPA in place .

ParanoidAndroid998

I'm trying to decide between the EDGE or stretching my budget to the Mighty. I had the Mighty in the passed and it was blissful. Don't REALLY have the money to buy another at the moment, which is why I'm considering the EDGE. Can anyone who has used both vapes share their thoughts? Would it be a significant downgrade?

GoldenBud

I'm trying to decide between the EDGE or stretching my budget to the Mighty. I had the Mighty in the passed and it was blissful. Don't REALLY have the money to buy another at the moment, which is why I'm considering the EDGE. Can anyone who has used both vapes share their thoughts? Would it be a significant downgrade?
I had Fury II for almost an year, and tried Mighty for like 5-6 times
Fury is good, with WPA at 221C it rips on a bong!
The taste is good, for a session it's great. with or without water.
Get the capsules. it make it much easier to clean the Fury.

**What I didn't like about Fury 2: battery life. in EDGE it's much better tho!

shredder

I have both, and consider the edge a better value. They both work very well, both have water tools, both have capsules available. The mighty's advantage is its bigger and has bigger batteries. Its also probably a better pass around vape (if anyone does this anymore, lol)

The biggest edge the edge has over the mighty is its cost. Its size is more convenient to carry. Its bowl is smaller than a mighty, so its not quite as good to pass around.

Even if money is not a concern many people would prefer an edge, but with such a monetary advantage
Id say the edge is the better value and the performance is negligible between the two vapes. They actually work close to the same.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks @OF. That info helps. The convenience of preloading is very tempting. But having the best stem is important too. And with the bundle choices, I’d like to pick right. Now to say I won’t have an add on.

Hey @Jill NYC - don’t you have one of these or a Fury2? I’d love to hear your recommendations!
I don't fuck with dosing capsules for the reasons Of explained. I opted for the WPA when I got my Edge and figured rather than the bent stem I'd get a dimpled cooling stem at some point.

Mr. Me2

Actually the bent stem is all I use these days. But twisted around so it goes back over the top. Then invert the display (long press on fire??) so you can read it in use. No need to bend your neck like you were messing with your cell phone ..... again.

Good instinct, it does degrade performance. Not because it adds conduction but rather because it blocks (slows the transfer) that's already going on. Conduction is the only game going on. All vapor is made that way. No such thing as 'hybrid', any convection calls for air heated much hotter than we have available.

So, yes, introducing a gap (never a good idea if you're goal is conduction heating) and a layer of SS isn't helpful. But also, very significantly, it reduces the volume available for herb. Cutting load volumes in half, give or take. So, you get half the total vapor and it takes longer to get it all out......

Nothing in life is free, it is more convenient and does keep the unit much cleaner, also in the balance? One other thought, the capsules are great for bubble or traditional hard pressed hash! They clean up easily when warm, hold much more THC than a normal herb load, and seem to go and go and go. Several serious sessions in a row. It's what's loaded in mine right now (and has been for a while), I bump the heat up to 415F to compensate for the slowed heat transfer for 'normal' hits.

OF
Thanks again @OF. Any other recommended add ons? Screens, o rings, etc.?

And @OF, I’ve read many of your posts in various threads about conduction and “hybrid” vapes and have appreciated your insight in each case.

I’m a big fan of @HealthyRips.com and their vapes. They just seem to provide great bang for the buck, solid build quality, and very strong customer service. What more could an enthusiast ask for?

Hey @bossman ! I admit I’m torn between those 2 stems (bent glass and dimpled). I really like the dimpled stem in my Splinter...thanks to you!

Decisions, decisions.....

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Thanks again @OF. Any other recommended add ons? Screens, o rings, etc.?

And @OF, I’ve read many of your posts in various threads about conduction and “hybrid” vapes and have appreciated your insight in each case.

I’m a big fan of @HealthyRips.com and their vapes. They just seem to provide great bang for the buck, solid build quality, and very strong customer service. What more could an enthusiast ask for?

Hey @bossman ! I admit I’m torn between those 2 stems (bent glass and dimpled). I really like the dimpled stem in my Splinter...thanks to you!

Decisions, decisions.....

I completely agree with you. I’ve wanted a Healthy Rips device since the Fury 2 but never tried it. Then when the Fury Edge came out I was about to jump on it but waited. At the 420 price I’m jumping in and finally giving Healthy Rips a shot.

I have a similar question I got the bundle with the water piece adapter, but I wanted to know what the best glass mouthpiece is for cooling? The hula stem or the bent stem?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Mr. Me2 - I think everyone else already answered but my :2c::2c: - you will be very happy with the Edge.

I rarely use the native mp- I almost always use the bent stem - even when out and about (like @OF said, you can twist the stem over the vape, which I do to make it portable.)

I also love using the sidewinder stem (see sneaky Pete’s site) at home and get extra large hits! I would think the 3D stem would help with extra cooling as well, but I don’t have it.

I love the new capsules - I tend to only use them on the go though, because the Edge is so easy to maintain.
But on the go - prefilled capsules make it so simple to use, and flavor/efficiency is barely noticeably different.
I actually like the old screens better (the ones from Fury 2) as they are sturdier and easier to clean - but others may feel differently. But, I haven’t had to replace one yet - don’t really think you need to buy extras.

I also got this caddy https://delta3dstudios.com/fury-edge-capsule-caddy/ which is really handy when you want to carry a bunch of capsules.

olivianewtonjohn

@Mr. Me2 - I think everyone else already answered but my :2c::2c: - you will be very happy with the Edge.

I rarely use the native mp- I almost always use the bent stem - even when out and about (like @OF said, you can twist the stem over the vape, which I do to make it portable.)

I also love using the sidewinder stem (see sneaky Pete’s site) at home and get extra large hits! I would think the 3D stem would help with extra cooling as well, but I don’t have it.

I love the new capsules - I tend to only use them on the go though, because the Edge is so easy to maintain.
But on the go - prefilled capsules make it so simple to use, and flavor/efficiency is barely noticeably different.
I actually like the old screens better (the ones from Fury 2) as they are sturdier and easier to clean - but others may feel differently. But, I haven’t had to replace one yet - don’t really think you need to buy extras.

I also got this caddy https://delta3dstudios.com/fury-edge-capsule-caddy/ which is really handy when you want to carry a bunch of capsules.

What are your tips of maintenance? I let mine get pretty bad and cleaned it when my HR baskets came in. I might try saving the baskets for on the go, and using without when home (for better performance).

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: C No Ego

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
What are your tips of maintenance? I let mine get pretty bad and cleaned it when my HR baskets came in. I might try saving the baskets for on the go, and using without when home (for better performance).
- I brush out oven and screen each load.
- When screen gets too sticky (every 2-5 bowls depending on herb), I use an ISO wipe to clean both sides of screen.
- When oven starts looking a little dingy (actually haven’t done yet with Edge, but probably soon), I turn on heater with empty oven, turn upside down and clean with ISO soaked Q-tips until nothing left to clean. Then give it a rinse with water soaked Q-tip. (Love the sizzle sound it makes).
- I pretty much exclusively use glass with it - and I just throw the stems in my Ultrasonic Cleaner with ISO when it feels like time.

Easy, low maintenance in my book.

D4Dank

just pulled the trigger on a edge. 25% off so with the black mouthpiece it came to 183 aud.

over $40 off with the extra mouth piece.

Hopefully i like it, use my vap cap and my buddha at the moment
Whered you get it off?

Hey everyone. New to this side of the site(usually in the dynavers) but am seriously considering getting an EDGE. Been watching some vids and scrolled through a few pages here. I’m not in the best financial position but have saved enough on the side to get the edge. Are there any essentials if need on the side?(I assumed the wpa but they’re sold out on PIU)
Also does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy from??? Cheapest/most add ons included is best of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
D4Dank,
Reactions: C No Ego

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Hey everyone. New to this side of the site(usually in the dynavers) but am seriously considering getting an EDGE. Been watching some vids and scrolled through a few pages here. I’m not in the best financial position but have saved enough on the side to get the edge. Are there any essentials if need on the side?(I assumed the wpa but they’re sold out on PIU)
Also does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy from??? Cheapest/most add ons included is best of course.

The Healthy Rips has it for $125 shipped with 1 free attachment. I just received mine yesterday, I am upset it took so long for me to make the purchase. This little thing is a monster. Very happy so far.

GoldenBud

as @LAWTHEONE said get a WPA. get a nice bubbler too, and a JHook. if you use it On-The-Go, get the capsules too, enjoy!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

D4Dank

The Healthy Rips has it for $125 shipped with 1 free attachment. I just received mine yesterday, I am upset it took so long for me to make the purchase. This little thing is a monster. Very happy so far.
Right on thanks for the info. Ya I’m searching for the best deal so I can make the purchase today

as @LAWTHEONE said get a WPA. get a nice bubbler too, and a JHook. if you use it On-The-Go, get the capsules too, enjoy!
I read a lot of people talking about the capsules being clutch. Do they take away from the flavor or performance at all? Rn I have my PIU cart at like 136 for the edge and capsules

Last edited by a moderator:
D4Dank,

GoldenBud

I read a lot of people talking about the capsules being clutch. Do they take away from the flavor or performance at all? Rn I have my PIU cart at like 136 for the edge and capsules
No, they won't change the performance or the flavor, but it'll help you keep the chamber cleaner too....

GoldenBud,
Reactions: D4Dank

Agent_Age

Whered you get it off?

I purchased it from Australian Vaporizers but if you live in America or somewhere else you are probably better off looking for a deal with someone over there

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
thanks!

Yeah my Edge chamber is spotless, never cleaned it and never loaded directly into the bowl. I usually use the glass stem from the F2, enjoyed a nice one this morning in fact, or the Edge capsules with the black bent stem. That's another really nice thing about this vape, I've recommended it to several people lately...

Top Bottom