• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

Pistol Pete

I also received an email from Healthy Rips on July 6th. It is true, the Fierce is discontinued. They are working on a replacement device. Its going to be bigger than the Edge with a bigger battery. Same size bowl as the Fierce. NICE!!! I love my Fury 2 and I really liked using my friends Edge. It is so similar to my Fury though, which by the way still works great 👍. Last week another friend broke my Tera 3. I truly believe that this new device from H.R. is going to be the ticket. I just have to wait 4 to 6 months. I wonder what they are going to call it? 🤔 Anyone have any ideas?

Pistol Pete

I was just thinking of a few good names for the new vape coming from H.R. So far I have Punch, Bullet, Sonic, and Starfall. But its got to start with a F though to follow the theme.? I got Falcon, Flash, Firestorm, Freefall and Frosty. My favorite is Flurry though. These words are all from strains. The definition of flurry - a small swirling mass of something.😎

nms

Flux is 4 letters, related, brandable and easy to remember, reflux makes people think about stomach acid reflux, health concerns, repetition/copy and is awful in every other way (just an opinion). Not like HR would name it, but I want to be clear that I wouldn't ever call a vaporizer reflux either :D

Bonkers420

Hi everybody,
after almost 3 years of (more or less) constantly using my Fury as my main vape the battery became kind of too weak and I decided to pull the trigger and get me a Fierce. I was hoping for just the same vaping experience with the upside of exchangeable batteries. I now have been using the Fierce for a couple of weeks and all in all I like it very much and it is everything I expected. Especially the glass mouthpiece options are really fun to use. But I noticed one major difference to the experience I always have with my Fury: I Have the feeling that the Fierce kind of extracts the whole load basically in one session, no matter what temperature I use. With the Fury I always did some kind of temp-stepping (starting a fresh bowl at max 356°F and vaped on that temperature for 1-2 sessions. After that I would repeat that with ~390°F and generally finished off the bowl with one session at max temp. This process sometimes got me through the whole day with one bowl pretty satisfied).
With the Fierce I get one session (still set to 4 min) at lower temperatures with great clouds and taste but afterwards cloud production and taste drop off significantly. I can see a clear difference in AVB-colour between a bowl vaped at 356°F and one vaped at max temp but unlike the Fury the bowl already vaped at 356°F basically does not do anything cloud- and flavour-wise when the temperature gets increased to max temp (except the AVB becoming darker). At first I thought it could be because I used the glass mouthpieces or the dosing capsules but I get the same results when filling the chamber directly...Is this someting I just have to accept with the different unit or am I doing something wrong?

Bonkers420,
Reactions: thrl

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
As I wait for the new Fierce, has anyone found a current source of Fierce dosing caps? (in the USA)

Also, has anyone found a Fierce compatible dosing cap?

I did some research and generally found people talking about the Fury caps as if they were the same (they are much smaller)

I thought that maybe a Mighty cap might work, but I read conflicting opinions. (and again, the Fury was mentioned)

Thanks for any input!

Solomon,

Vibiojj83

Don't know. I know the only capsules made are by Healthy Rips, S&B, Flowermate, Focusvape, and the last two are very close in size. Here's a picture near the top https://blog.vapefuse.com/dosing-capsules-for-vaporizers/.

The 3 on the right are the Flower Focus, and the S&B is on the left. Honestly they all look the wrong size but I've never seen a Fierce cap in person.

I would try both, and if that fails, buy basket screens, cut off the rims and see if you can mate one of their lids to them.

Also, wasn't HR supposed to make a Fierce 2? Maybe ask them about that and if capsules would be the same size.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I wrote HR to see if they had any Fierce dosing caps in stock and they said:

"We are currently manufacturing newly designed FIERCE Dosing Capsules that will be similar to our new FURY EDGE Dosing Capsules. These new capsules are being crafted with solid stainless steel siding and top and bottom filter screens, vs the all-around stainless steel mesh build of the original FIERCE capsules. This will make the capsules much more durable and easier to use, with a more sustainable lid design.

We are hoping to have these new FIERCE capsules finished up and available for purchase within the next couple of months. Unfortunately, we are experiencing some minor delays in manufacturing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We sincerely apologize for this delay in capsule availability and for any inconvenience this may cause."

So this is EXCELLENT news! It suggests the new caps will be similar to the Mighty caps - stainless all around, solid! It also suggests that any new Fierce models will have the same size bowl - so, presumably, the old caps will also work (and I have 30 of them, so that's good!)

Glad they wrote back cause I was seriously looking at the S+B Mighty. The "40 cap refill kit" is what really had me going until I couldn't find anyone actually selling it - and all the Mighty's were also out-of-stock.

So either way....I gotta live with what I have and wait.....

My Fierce is till going strong after 18 months - that's approx. 540 days w/ an average of 5 caps per day = 2.700 Fierce sessions - w/ zero problems. Other than some of the rubberized surface coming off on one side, it works just like new.

If they release an updated model, I will be first in line to buy it. :rockon:

chillmike

i am dying to hear an update from Healthy Rips on what they are focusing on for the new Fierce... what are going to be the upgrades/fixes for this new model, and how will it stand out from the Fury Edge, other than a replaceable battery (which I'm assuming they're going to do again, but possibly different?)... i am just excited to finally hear what kind of ideas they are planning for the new Fierce, since we're so close to the time they said they'd be coming out with the new model.... anyone have any idea or new updates on any information about this at all???

Sn4Pz

Although I have no idea what the next vape will be, I'm slightly dissapointed by HRs decision to overlook Pass through charging in favor of "battery safety" :hmm: (I emailed them recently asking about this)

Mighty and plenty of other regular vapes use the technology, and I wouldnt ask for it to be implemented "for free" lol. Of course it would result in a higher price, and maybe even a small trade off.

Battery life (and session duration) was the killer for my Fierce, and with the battery puffing I found it undesirable to continuously swap batteries... :shrug:

Dont dissapoint me HR 🥺

Sn4Pz,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Mighty and plenty of other regular vapes use the technology
They want you to wreck the vape just out of warranty so you will buy a new one...plus the Fierce had fast swap batteries so easy to use a spare.

LesPlenty,

Sn4Pz

plus the Fierce had fast swap batteries so easy to use a spare.
Yeah thats how its supposed to work 😂

I had to mail my Fierce in and have them remove its battery, and I'm not sure how they even did it. It was so tight in there that I couldn't even shake the battery around a millimeter. Nor did I have the nuts to pull on that little lip of the battery that peeks out of the body.

Yeah they probably do want you to buy new devices but I don't know how many $200+ dollar HR vapes I want to buy if they go the cheap and disposable route... not to mention that for the same price I can get many other competitive vapes. Not saying you're wrong, but I'm just saying they might want to re-evaluate their position in the "high performance" territory, as other vapes are creepin.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Don't forget the HR 50% lifetime warranty set up that covers you after the initial period...nice.

Dec 14, 2016 — We just wanted to make a commitment to our clients - that we want to keep you vaping uninterrupted as long as your needs require. That is why we have our 1 year replacement warranty - and more importantly - our Lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty

fareast

I'm hoping that the Fierce replacement will be an on-demand, pure convection vaporizer, with a bigger bowl and bigger battery than the Edge.

There is a glaring hole in the vape market when it comes to on-demand convection vapes. The really good available options are either difficult to buy or have questionable customer support. The market is clearly in need of a solid, well-supported alternative.

Pistol Pete

Well I emailed H.R. last week. They are still designing a Fierce replacement. Nothing new to report though. I already know it's going to bigger than the Edge, more powerful battery and bowl size similar to the Fierce. A few months away still. I can't wait, I have so many questions! They said more details coming shortly. The good news is my Edge is running like a champ! What a workhorse. I wonder if it will make it by April 20th.

Pistol Pete

I just received some info from H.R. on the Fierce replacement. Their hoping to be about 4 to 6 weeks away and the same info as the above post. The name is the ROGUE. I can't wait to see what they have been up to. I will be checking their blog page for a release date!

Top Bottom