• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! Our FIERCE is a very popular model that has been embraced by our clients as their "favorite vaporizer that they have ever used" and that it is "a vapor beast". Nevertheless, we do believe that there is always room for improvement and we are navigating through all of the variables to make it an even better device. We appreciate your patience as we carefully consider all of the new ideas and feedback that we have received, and should have an announcement shortly after the first of the year. Health and performance are our top priorities and our FIERCE has been RoHS, CE, and FCC certified for your health and safety - please read here: https://www.healthyrips.com/health.html.

Have an amazing weekend!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

zippy

Hi healthy rips those certifications are for stainless heater , mine is nickel so what do I do now as I have an allergy to nickel ? Thanks

zippy,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Those certifications are for the exact FIERCE that you have. Nichrome wire coils are perfectly safe and are some of the most desirable coils on the market. If you have a rare allergy to nickel, please be aware that stainless steel has nickel in it as well - and feel free to contact us at: healthyrips@gmail.com. Further, the heater does not touch your material and the chamber on our FIERCE is stainless steel. RoHS certification does ensure that there are no harmful metals or off-gassing.
RoHS Certification restricts the use of the following ten substances:
1. Lead (Pb)
2. Mercury (Hg)
3. Cadmium (Cd)
4. Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
5. Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
6. Polybrominated dephenyl ether (PBDE)
7. Bis (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)
8. Butul benzyl phthalate (BBP)
9. Dibutul phthalate (DBP)
10. Diisobutul phthalate (DIBP)

We sincerely hope that this helps you better understand the health and safety of all our devices.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com/health.html

grogazola

Hey! I’ve had my fierce for about a month and it’s served me well.

I can’t use the dosing capsules as flower directly in the bowl is very medicating! Except my bowl already looks gross!

Has anyone noticed performance drop off after not using capsules? Seems like everyone does! Sorry if it’s a silly question!

Love this vape when it’s full and you really get a few healthy ripsss!!

OF

ing! Except my bowl already looks gross!

Has anyone noticed performance drop off after not using capsules? Seems like everyone does! Sorry if it’s a silly question!

Yes. Not just this vape, but 'all' similar ones (FMs etc). Since they are conduction vapes, depending on heat being conducted into the load from the heated walls, adding what amounts to a layer of insulation slows the transfer rate as you'd expect?

Performance will return when you remove the fouling.

Keeping it clean is, of course, the solution. That is greatly aided by keeping the herb 'well cured' (dry) going in. Moisture that goes in with the load must be evaporated off before we can get to the good part (slows the session) and contributes a LOT to fouling. We learned from MFLB (where it's not possible to clean under the screen) this was an important key.

It goes without saying (but I will), cleaning while it's still hot is a plus.

Regards to all.

OF

grogazola

Hey I totally didn’t type that right! I was medicating with my Plenty haha!

I meant, does the performance drop off long term if you don’t use dosing capsules? I really only plan to use my fierce with flower directly loaded into the bowl.

hey, OF, what do you mean by fouling? Thanks for the info! Gives me something to think about :peace:

edit - my flower ranges from well cured to dry - which should be good!

John Coaltrain

. . . my bowl already looks gross! . . . Has anyone noticed performance drop off after not using capsules? Seems like everyone does!

I owned a Fierce for a little over a year – throughout which I used dosing capsules maybe 3 times. I used the Fierce on average twice a week (sometimes much more, other times much less).

I never noticed any drop in performance whatsoever, and my bowl still looked brand new when I eventually sold the vaporizer. I dumped out the AVB immediately after each session, and brushed out the chamber very thoroughly each time (with the great brush that Healthy Rips provides). I also swabbed it out with isopropyl alcohol once a month or so.

I only used flower in it – no concentrates, kief-like substances, or liquids of any shape or form.

I do the same now with my Fury Edge – and it also still looks brand new after 5 months or so.

OF

hey, OF, what do you mean by fouling?

About what you mean by "my bowl already looks gross".

Keep the unit clean and the walls (which are at the same temperature as ever) should transfer heat and perform 'as new'. Capsules help do that, but any way it happens, it happens.

OF

grogazola

About what you mean by "my bowl already looks gross".

Keep the unit clean and the walls (which are at the same temperature as ever) should transfer heat and perform 'as new'. Capsules help do that, but any way it happens, it happens.

OF

Thank you! So in depth.

I took a couple of pics. Is fouling harmful? Got me a little scared! Is this gross in your opinion? Here are pics of that dirty, dirty girl: https://imgur.com/a/ktzOAer

I’ve been using it heavily as I love the taste from the glass stem! Sold my EQ because my fierce is legit better! I only use it cause I love it!!!!

Would you consider that gross or anything? I’m guessing those black rings might be from combustion maybe...

OF

Thank you! So in depth.

I took a couple of pics. Is fouling harmful? Got me a little scared! Is this gross in your opinion? Here are pics of that dirty, dirty girl: https://imgur.com/a/ktzOAer

Would you consider that gross or anything? I’m guessing those black rings might be from combustion maybe...

No IMO nothing to worry about. There's very little, it's quite thin, and would be very hard to remove. It's pretty baked on, solvents (like ISO on a q-tip) unlikely to remove it and you should avoid abrasives like Magic Eraser to avoid getting debris below. Wood (like a toothpick or matchstick) is probably OK but not very effective. Avoid metal to avoid scratches.

Others, of course, will take a more purist stand and recommend replacement?

You didn't combust, it's basically impossible at allowed temperatures.......and if you did there'd be no question in your mind.

I vote enjoy it, just try to keep it clean for freshest taste.

BTW you're welcome, glad to help when I can.

OF

grogazola

No IMO nothing to worry about. There's very little, it's quite thin, and would be very hard to remove. It's pretty baked on, solvents (like ISO on a q-tip) unlikely to remove it and you should avoid abrasives like Magic Eraser to avoid getting debris below. Wood (like a toothpick or matchstick) is probably OK but not very effective. Avoid metal to avoid scratches.

Others, of course, will take a more purist stand and recommend replacement?

You didn't combust, it's basically impossible at allowed temperatures.......and if you did there'd be no question in your mind.

I vote enjoy it, just try to keep it clean for freshest taste.

BTW you're welcome, glad to help when I can.

OF

Cool! I was really hoping you’d say enjoy it! I mean, it would be so cool to replace it...but it’s been well loved.

I’ve been on a path to quit moles/yachts/pops (called different things everywhere.) I quit smoking them 4/20 this year. I quit combustion five months later with an EQ.

The EQ was only good for like a month until I needed an upgrade. I picked up a HR Fierce and it was so much letter than the desktop EQ. I sold the EQ immediately and bought a Plenty. Plenty is great but it’s sooooooooo medicating!

I decided to quit nicotine vaping and have absolutely relied on my Plenty (for effects) and Fierce (taste and harsh hit and high temp) so I need to be happy that I am quitting nicotine and these things really work for me :)

Oh! My volcano is coming today! Two weeks nicotine free must be celebrated!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@grogazola - that doesn’t look bad at all.
My favorite (most effective) way to clean oven is to turn it on to 430F, turn it upside down and clean with an ISO soaked q-tip. Keep switching out soaked Q-tips until no residue. Then swipe it with plain water. (All done while hot and upside down).
As @OF said, it may never get factory clean, but that’s no matter. Nothing like a seasoned vape. The stories it could tell. :)
Enjoy your new Volcano! And congrats on being nicotine free for 2 weeks - that is an amazing accomplishment!

I’ve been on a path to quit moles/yachts/pops (called different things everywhere.)
What is this? Cigarettes? I am way too old.

grogazola

@grogazola - that doesn’t look bad at all.
My favorite (most effective) way to clean oven is to turn it on to 430F, turn it upside down and clean with an ISO soaked q-tip. Keep switching out soaked Q-tips until no residue. Then swipe it with plain water. (All done while hot and upside down).
As @OF said, it may never get factory clean, but that’s no matter. Nothing like a seasoned vape. The stories it could tell. :)
Enjoy your new Volcano! And congrats on being nicotine free for 2 weeks - that is an amazing accomplishment!

What is this? Cigarettes? I am way too old.

Cut a piece of cigarette and shove in open ended tube bowl. Add enough weed to sprinkle top of tube and cigarette. Light it up, rip it, it’ll pop! A gross cloud of weird tingly stimulation and relaxation. Not good tho because the high is fleeting!

I’ve noticed the fierce doesn’t seem as powerful as before, full bowls seem to stick to the bottom of the pan. I’m guessing the best bowl size is just a sprinkling? I will go back in this thread and read.

But maybe it doesn’t seem as strong because when I bought it, I had an EQ. Now I have a Plenty??? And my volcano should be delivered today!!!!!!

edit - @ Jill NYC good call with the upside cleaning til there is no residue left. With the heat on right??

Edit - does everyone dump flower in the bowl? Does anyone pack the glass stem??

Last edited:
grogazola,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Cut a piece of cigarette and shove in open ended tube bowl. Add enough weed to sprinkle top of tube and cigarette. Light it up, rip it, it’ll pop! A gross cloud of weird tingly stimulation and relaxation. Not good tho because the high is fleeting!
Ahh. Gotcha. Thanks for filling me in.

edit - @ Jill NYC good call with the upside cleaning til there is no residue left. With the heat on right??
Yup, keep the heat on, and hear it sizzle. Helps loosen the resin clinging to the oven.

Edit - does everyone dump flower in the bowl? Does anyone pack the glass stem??
With my Fierce and Fury 2 - I switched back and forth between stem and directly in the bowl (depending on mood & circumstances).
With my Edge, I have been using the capsules mostly. It definitely keeps the bowl cleaner and almost nothing gets baked on the oven (except me).
Honestly, you are fine any way you choose - as long as you don’t mind cleaning oven occasionally.

grogazola

Ahh. Gotcha. Thanks for filling me in.

Yup, keep the heat on, and hear it sizzle. Helps loosen the resin clinging to the oven.

With my Fierce and Fury 2 - I switched back and forth between stem and directly in the bowl (depending on mood & circumstances).
With my Edge, I have been using the capsules mostly. It definitely keeps the bowl cleaner and almost nothing gets baked on the oven (except me).
Honestly, you are fine any way you choose - as long as you don’t mind cleaning oven occasionally.

Content trigger: Dad joke

I’m exclusively looking for some Fierce Healthy Rips!

Last edited:

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Last time I used a vape without some kind of dosing pod was my old NO2, which has a similar bowl configuration with holes on the bottom for air flow. I was worried that small pieces of flower would clog it up (eventually), so I added a very small screen. Has kept it clean and running for years.

So if you don't use the caps, you might add a small screen to keep those bottom holes open. Keep in mind that the Fierce is a hybrid conduction/convection vape, so keeping those holes open is just as important as keeping the sides clean.

I did a test awhile back to actually prove this point by putting a screen in a glass mouthpiece so the flower sat just above the bowl. It still vaped - so the air coming thru the bottom is hot enough on it's own, without any conduction, to vape. Of course it still works better with some conduction - that's the way hybrids are designed.

So I'd also be concerned over any clogged air holes, and consider a small screen for the bottom in the future.

IMHO....

grogazola

Last time I used a vape without some kind of dosing pod was my old NO2, which has a similar bowl configuration with holes on the bottom for air flow. I was worried that small pieces of flower would clog it up (eventually), so I added a very small screen. Has kept it clean and running for years.

So if you don't use the caps, you might add a small screen to keep those bottom holes open. Keep in mind that the Fierce is a hybrid conduction/convection vape, so keeping those holes open is just as important as keeping the sides clean.

I did a test awhile back to actually prove this point by putting a screen in a glass mouthpiece so the flower sat just above the bowl. It still vaped - so the air coming thru the bottom is hot enough on it's own, without any conduction, to vape. Of course it still works better with some conduction - that's the way hybrids are designed.

So I'd also be concerned over any clogged air holes, and consider a small screen for the bottom in the future.

IMHO....
Thank you! Yes my vape was getting clogged. I followed @Jill NYC’s advice and a lot of resin came off the bowl.

I noticed the airflow seems stronger.

Would the lid of the dosing capsule work well as a screen?

I’ll be honest, the draw is too good without the screen. You get some fierce ass rips with flower directly in bowl! I can’t settle for less...

The Fierce is cleaned up. She’s ready to go with some improved airflow. How much is yet to be seen! I’ll edit this post with my results after cleaning the bowl with the heat on to 430F with iso qtips. Qtipped til I couldn’t see any resin coming off.

edit - I don’t know if owning a Plenty has complete obliterated my opinion of what a vape should be!!

after a seriously deep bowl cleaning I feel like she’s back to 75%

thing is I’m getting super frustrated with the pack. do you sprinkle the bowl? do you pack the bowl to where the metal and kirksite alloy meet? do you gently press down on your flower? I know HR says you must never pack the bowl right. I feel like I get better experiences when I take my thumb or index and gently flatten the flower lol - anyone know what I’m talking about? anyone else do it differently? I will reread through the thread

decided to give her another bath this morning.

quick thank you for all of the advice so far!!!

Last edited:

grogazola

:tup::tup:Thank you!

I’m having a great session now! Had a few volcano bags and then reached for a few fierce ass rips.

I love desktop vapes, but I needed something portable. I really do enjoy this vape when it’s putting out ;)

This may be one of the few cures for my S-B.A.S. (trademark? pending?)

never used a crafty or mighty but I feel like the form factor and glass-ish airpath give the fierce/edge some interesting benefits

my main gripe is a big one tho - I notice some air seeping through other areas...kinda sketches me out as I sold my EQ because of the allegedly dirty airpath.

Haha i know why I’m having such a great session right now! My fierce is set at 430F where I usually have it set at 410F.

This thing is putting outttt at 430F - might be my new default :) :) :) :tup:

Last edited:

grogazola

Just to be clear, I may be full of shit. I also exclusively use the regular sized bent and straight glass stems.

When I cover the intake hole I can definitely still get a little air to seep from...somewhere.

EDIT - Healthy Rips says the airpath is 100% isolated I’ll try to make a video and see if I can hear anything I might just be imagining things

i know I’m making a pretty substantial claim so I’ll look into it. wish the thread was smaller haha

do you find the airflow to be completely blocked when you cover your finger on the intake? maybe I’m confused and there is another intake? this happens with or without the adapter on.

Last edited:
grogazola,
Top Bottom