Heady Glass Appreciation

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
this wacky colorful (US made?) heady hammer is surprisingly low priced...

But they also have much more expensive stuff, a wide range, check out this lay down sidecar inline to swiss rig:

And this is also sort of sidecar with such a unique mouthpiece:

Tempting for this unique colorful quality at such reasonable prices although I have too much now lol

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I usually stay out of this sub to protect my wallet, but I somehow stumbled in here and saw that sea urchin hand bubbler and had to grab one.

Thanks @Shit Snacks

Awesome dude, you have to let us know how it is in person! With photos of course... Here is the Instagram for them, Curated Flame, seems like that was a new design he tried and it literally was just listed on the site according to IG haha so a fantastic score!

Last edited:

SonicBacon

Awesome dude, you have to let us know how it is in person! With photos of course... Here is the Instagram for them, Curated Flame, seems like that was a new design he tried and it literally was just listed on the site according to IG haha so a fantastic score!
For sure, will do in a few weeks if
it survives the trip through customs. Thanks for the links 👍🏼

SonicBacon

So it turns out that the price that the Sea Urchin was listed at was an error, it was supposed to be north of $400 not the $85 it was listed (and purchased) for. Curated Flame gave me the option of a full refund, or they will put together a mystery box.

I know what $85 looks like already so I went for the mystery box, it will be interesting to see what they send.

Shit Snacks

So it turns out that the price that the Sea Urchin was listed at was an error, it was supposed to be north of $400 not the $85 it was listed (and purchased) for. Curated Flame gave me the option of a full refund, or they will put together a mystery box.

I know what $85 looks like already so I went for the mystery box, it will be interesting to see what they send.

Damn that sucks, should have known it was too good to be true! They're only human making a mistake like that haha easier to avoid the temptation at $400 though it seems very nice, indeed worthy... I wonder what $85 would get you in the mystery box, did you specify what type of things you would have a use for? I wouldn't want that just because I presume it would have combustion things I don't want and basic grinders I don't need (but I know they source custom artist engraved grinders, and other cool exclusive artwork, along with a great many other accessories in their shop)

SonicBacon

Damn that sucks, should have known it was too good to be true! They're only human making a mistake like that haha easier to avoid the temptation at $400 though it seems very nice, indeed worthy... I wonder what $85 would get you in the mystery box, did you specify what type of things you would have a use for? I wouldn't want that just because I presume it would have combustion things I don't want and basic grinders I don't need (but I know they source custom artist engraved grinders, and other cool exclusive artwork, along with a great many other accessories in their shop)
Yes I did specify that I was not a smoker and that I was only interested in something with a 14 or 18mm joint, not a bowl. If I end up with something that I won’t put to use I will pass it on to a friend that still prefers combustion

Shit Snacks

Another Instagram discovery: updog glass, doing some very nice work and been honing his skills especially with newly named UCR (updog conical recycler) there is a 14 mm version with big blue pearl still available I think, and there was a 14 mm one with green horns on the sides that was only $120 because it had annealed cracks, but I held off since he had more 10 mm versions posted with colors and fancy tube styles...

Anyway I just scored this one in a little auction for $140 even though it is only 10 mm (should not be a big deal since I'm going to use it for dabbing I just need a smaller banger which I kind of wanted anyway! And I do have a 10-14 mm drop-down if necessary) because it has a nice mouthpiece tip with a slight curve even though most of them are pretty straight, the size seems great and unique style, plus the colors of course!! He finish fired it in the kiln and the colors changed a bit, I can't post the video (told him to post it public so it may even be there by the time you see this) but here are a couple shitty snapshots from it:
Screenshot-20220318-003444.png

Screenshot-20220318-003422.png

The pandemic color of the tubes became less white and translucent, now more opaque yellow pink red hues, the joint and base are egyptian green, while the mouthpiece and klein drain are fire water blue UV reactive to orange I think? I don't have a black light so I'll never know really lol

Anyway I will of course post more photos of my own once it arrives! :brow::o:freak:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Another Instagram discovery: updog glass, doing some very nice work and been honing his skills especially with newly named UCR (updog conical recycler) there is a 14 mm version with big blue pearl still available I think, and there was a 14 mm one with green horns on the sides that was only $120 because it had annealed cracks, but I held off since he had more 10 mm versions posted with colors and fancy tube styles...

Anyway I just scored this one in a little auction for $140 even though it is only 10 mm (should not be a big deal since I'm going to use it for dabbing I just need a smaller banger which I kind of wanted anyway! And I do have a 10-14 mm drop-down if necessary) because it has a nice mouthpiece tip with a slight curve even though most of them are pretty straight, the size seems great and unique style, plus the colors of course!! He finish fired it in the kiln and the colors changed a bit, I can't post the video (told him to post it public so it may even be there by the time you see this) but here are a couple shitty snapshots from it:
Screenshot-20220318-003444.png

Screenshot-20220318-003422.png

The pandemic color of the tubes became less white and translucent, now more opaque yellow pink red hues, the joint and base are egyptian green, while the mouthpiece and klein drain are fire water blue UV reactive to orange I think? I don't have a black light so I'll never know really lol

Anyway I will of course post more photos of my own once it arrives! :brow::o:freak:

Well it is here and as usual much more beautiful in person! Also so tiny naturally, but so very impressive, such quality work, lovely unique multi colors... :drool::luv:
PXL-20220324-020423544.jpg

PXL-20220324-020429752.jpg

Have not tried it yet, don't have a 10 mm banger, but I ordered one from GooRoo (another non-frosted thermal quartz since I like my 14 mm one from them and they are quite reasonably priced) coincidentally this piece is also from Oregon!

SonicBacon

My order from Curated Flame showed up and I think it’s pretty fantastic. After talking over the mystery box with the owner, he offered me a great deal on the Sea Urchin and I did end up getting it.

It is a nicely sized bubbler that works equally well in either hand, has a nice place to hook a thumb, and can be laid down without spilling water or flooding the bowl.

This is my first heady piece and I am very happy with it. Thanks again @Shit Snacks for posting it here.

Now I just need a better camera.

Shit Snacks

Ahh that is so awesome @SonicBacon! Yeah he seems like a good dude, glad he was able to hook you up with that piece for a reasonable price after all, it was originally listed for $84 and then he told you it was $400? Nice to meet in the middle because it does seem beautiful, functional, very heady!

Shit Snacks

This place on Instagram does sales of small IG artists heady glass, there is an auction right now on a nice one of Jeremy's whales going for a steal bidding at only $35 (+10 for shipping) right now...
Screenshot-20220409-102717.png

I am very tempted to throw up a $40 bid myself right now, but since I already have a nice Jeremy whale, figured I should share it here so another FC member can score this beauty with great function!

Shit Snacks

@borokato through instagram makes small bubblers and sometimes REALLY small bubblers that RIIIP. He hosts daily auctions of his pieces typically ranging from $100-$150. He changes his style quiet often, I did however pay $200 for my bubbler, i love mine as the whirlpool function makes them rip hard! I wanted it so bad I went to $200 its almost 7" tall'

yes I do have my skull bowl and lighter as my friend dislike the vape due to its popcorn flavor heh. But I wont let the bastards burn through my bubbler dammit, flowermate only

If you like the opal style piece I have he doesn't seem to use opal much anymore but I bet if you shot him a message offering 100-150 to commission one he would do so. Very friendly guy and super underrated for artists IMO.

Nice! I am quoting you here in the heady glass thread, feels more appropriate than the cheap glass thread, since the starting price for these is $100 and you paid $200? Also looks and sounds more like heady work than cheap glass work :tup:

Well it is here and as usual much more beautiful in person! Also so tiny naturally, but so very impressive, such quality work, lovely unique multi colors... :drool::luv:
PXL-20220324-020423544.jpg

PXL-20220324-020429752.jpg

Have not tried it yet, don't have a 10 mm banger, but I ordered one from GooRoo (another non-frosted thermal quartz since I like my 14 mm one from them and they are quite reasonably priced) coincidentally this piece is also from Oregon!

I'm still waiting on 10 mm bangers ordered from China, I got one from GooRoo that has a defective 10 mm male joint so still waiting for them to send a replacement, but in the meantime I got a basic 10 mm banger free from a different china glass order so I was finally able to try out my UCR! And it is pretty phenomenal function I must say...

Another Instagram artist discovery, CodyPlineGlass in Michigan, stuff like this 7.5in 14mm 4hole shower head is only $120:
Screenshot-20220303-205022.png

Fortunately I have hit my limit so I'm not going to grab it, but he makes a lot of cool stuff, more of these in other colors like this green one (@delta hotel?? more too) headyier ones too like this one... keeping an eye on em!

Okay and I've been watching Cody Plines' IG as he regularly has these^ up for auction in various colors, thought I would end up with a purple, but he just posted this wild blue one with an opal so I had to have it:
Screenshot-20220416-142108.png

Edit: well fuck, I had messaged him first late last night, saying I felt like this is probably the one I want if he could confirm it was blue, he replied that it is blue super early this morning, but since I slept in late someone else beat me to paying for it (thought my comment on the post and messaging him first would reserve it for me...) not that I need it, I'm sure he'll make more, maybe I'll find one I like even better, but I'm still pretty sad and annoyed...:rant::cry: crocodile tears!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Ha! I saw that one too and almost bid!:rofl:

Typically they are not auctions, they go up for 110 to $130 and you message him, but I guess it's whoever pays first, gets it? Or maybe it would be enough to fully confirm you want it, not sure... I'll keep watching!

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Nice! I am quoting you here in the heady glass thread, feels more appropriate than the cheap glass thread, since the starting price for these is $100 and you paid $200? Also looks and sounds more like heady work than cheap glass work :tup:
I didn’t realize that OP truly wanted China glass, but yes super high quality, it overall shape and clarity of the glass is superb. I can rip it as hard as I want and it never splashes up
With its whirlpool function

Here’s another shot of it when I didn’t have a vape, I hope she’ll be mine forever within the pelican case

9-B219-EFE-04-E5-4092-B9-DF-568-E0-DD672-F8.jpg

Again blown by @Borokato in 2019

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am so curious how you would qualify something to be Heady Glass?

Do you really feel that tube fits into a thread filled with Banjo, SALT, rjglass, ramickelson, bubbles the butcher, snodgrass and others at the top of their craft?

FlyingLow,
  • Love
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom