Heady Glass Appreciation

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Been looking for this little beauty everywhere ....

View attachment 14692

^ That's my picture. I got it about three years ago from an Instagram glass blower, @thenotoriouspak.
(https://www.instagram.com/thenotoriouspak/)
I don't know if they made any more or not, but I suspect that they'd make one for you if you ask.

And I found the bubble cap in the image below that just happened to match it very well, but was made by a completely different glass blower on instagram, @chevelle_glass
(https://www.instagram.com/chevelle_glass/)

Zav6-XZEm-Qu-Oh-Qv-B-Di-X86-A-thumb-91e.jpg

MegaMan2k

I scooped up this 2013 Darby Holm tripod about 6 months ago at 60% off because of the male joint. It took some time, but I finally found a glass blower willing to make a custom drop down adapter to match and change the piece from 70 degree male to a 90 degree female joint, using only photos. It was @SwanGlass on IG, and he knocked it out of the park! Did a great job striking the amber purple to match and the flower sculpting is perfect. It was a super smooth transaction and I highly recommend him.

Amazing, i know its from 2013 but i feel like there is some even more old school vibes to it, like early 2000s
Such a great idea to have the matching adapter made, it almost completes the piece.
How does it sit? Does it feel sturdy or will it move to the sides easily if u life the rig or something like that?

Also, must be the first Darby Holm posted on here! (From a owner atleast)
Def one of my all time favorite artists.

To anyone out there not familiar with Darby Holm go check out some of his work over on his IG, NOW!

:D

tb42091

Thanks, the pads on the feet are really flat and even so it is super sturdy. More so than some of my other pieces. Lucky for me, the male joint put it in my price range. His more recent work is really amazing.
Amazing, i know its from 2013 but i feel like there is some even more old school vibes to it, like early 2000s
Such a great idea to have the matching adapter made, it almost completes the piece.
How does it sit? Does it feel sturdy or will it move to the sides easily if u life the rig or something like that?

Also, must be the first Darby Holm posted on here! (From a owner atleast)
Def one of my all time favorite artists.

To anyone out there not familiar with Darby Holm go check out some of his work over on his IG, NOW!

:D

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Here's my new double uptake recycler by Julian J Glass:

51717559251_e8d7caf075_6k_d.jpg

With a simple 4-hole perc, this thing has some nice chug and holds up well for flavor with flower. It feels so organic in the hand.

@Shit Snacks He also makes a single recycler that's basically a heady version of the cool little TAG recycler.

Just gorgeous, and holy shit his work is incredible, you are right about those recyclers in the style I like (I'm not sure about the mouthpieces but everything else is beautiful perfection):
Screenshot_20211203-112443.png

And check out these:
Screenshot_20211203-112722.png

More beauties he sent to a Maryland shop:

Ripstar

Wondering how well this works
Just gorgeous, and holy shit his work is incredible, you are right about those recyclers in the style I like (I'm not sure about the mouthpieces but everything else is beautiful perfection):
View attachment 14879

And check out these:
View attachment 14880

More beauties he sent to a Maryland shop:
Happy Regular Season GIF by NBA

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
^ That's my picture. I got it about three years ago from an Instagram glass blower, @thenotoriouspak.
(https://www.instagram.com/thenotoriouspak/)
I don't know if they made any more or not, but I suspect that they'd make one for you if you ask.

Hi Ramahs ... unfortunately @thenotoriouspak 's instagram account is private and he hasn't accepted my request as yet ...hopefully just late getting to things and I'll get access soon ☹️

NYC_Frank,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Picked up this piece by Chris Schuler (@quartzcastlebowl on IG) recently.
Stunning ... these are truly amazing ...
I saw this one and now am convinced it reminds me of the New Years Eve Ball in Times Square that I need to have come midnight on the 31st 😎

Screenshot_20211208-074118_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Jeremy has another nice heady rig available:
Screenshot_20211230-132513.png

Also check out this recycler on eBay:
Screenshot_20211230-133322.png

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

BiaoT is doing a discount on a small-mid-sized opal heady gridded inline perc rig with red accents, under $80 only one left here on IG with function video (you comment or message him and get the link for DHgate it will be sold by bongt there) Great deal:

Shit Snacks,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I dunno about that one from BiaoT... sure it has an opal, but the video was not promising. He was able to stack some bubbles with no restriction on the other end, but g'lawd check out that perc. Look closely at the slits in the video- I can see a few slits firing (4-5) but a TON that are not. IMO that perc is all looks but does not fire like should, and that is sitting flat on a table. No bueno.

For what it is worth, I am not sure BaioT even qualifies for Heady glass ... He is no Bear Mountain :dog:

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

For what it is worth, I am not sure BaioT even qualifies for Heady glass ... He is no Bear Mountain :dog:

I totally agree, in my view BaioT is not considered "Heady" at all, and therefore shouldnt even be mentioned in this thread.
It discourages people from posting their actual heady-rigs...

and its not that much effort to post it in the Cheap china glass-thread, where it belongs. :tup:

Shit Snacks

It discourages people from posting their actual heady-rigs...

and its not that much effort to post it in the Cheap china glass-thread, where it belongs.

I did post it there too, I was just trying to cross post here to be helpful for anyone who might be interested, like I've done before. I don't see why that would discourage people from posting their own heady rigs now...

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: MegaMan2k

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Nah, nothing will ever be heady about imperfect scientific glass, knockoff designs and nonfunctional slits in percs. It’s all cheap and also arguably shitty… but it is not heady.

It is comical to try to put BaioT on the same platform as a Jay Gordon @evolempireglass, Banjo and or other truly exceptional artists.

MegaMan2k

I did post it there too, I was just trying to cross post here to be helpful for anyone who might be interested, like I've done before. I don't see why that would discourage people from posting their own heady rigs now...

Yet another reason to not post it here if you already have posted it there :D

Nah, nothing will ever be heady about imperfect scientific glass, knockoff designs and nonfunctional slits in percs. It’s all cheap and also arguably shitty… but it is not heady.

It is comical to try to put BaioT on the same platform as a Jay Gordon @evolempireglass, Banjo and or other truly exceptional artists.

this is exactly what i mean when i say discourages people from posting actual headies.

And i fully support this statement aswell, BaioT is chineese prodo

Top Bottom