Handmade Grasshopper Leather Sleeves

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Hi FC members, let me introduce our great handmade Grasshopper Leather Sleeves.

It all started some weeks ago, when I joined a small team around our head, lets call him D, an artisan leather worker. After school, he started his career with an apprenticeship in Interior Decoration here in Bavaria, followed by a Dipolma in Interior Design and Interior Architecture at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Coburg. During the last 15 years, D mostly worked with leather and has become famous among the enthusiasts of classic motorcycles and very exclusive classic cars, mostly from southern Germany like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi and Porsche. When it's about highest quality restoration of leather interior, leather seats or convertible roofs, D is the man!

As you can imagine, the leather for this work is only from finest quality. Some leathers e.g. are a special brand of the car manufacturer in it's special brand color, not available on the market, others are between 75€/m² and 175€/m² the quantity we buy.

Caused by nature of this work, there have been collected lots of small leftovers cuttings of this great materials. Throwing them away would be a sin and some time ago, I brought in the idea of building bags, sleeves, pouches and so on for Vaporizers and related stuff.
Spring time is the most busy here and we didn't have time to only think about it, until Corona and the lockdown came. Suddenly orders were canceled for different reasons and about a week ago, we had time to start building leather sleeves for the Grasshopper, similar to the one I got together with the used Hopper I bought last year.

Now our very first batch of 29 sleeves has been finished. Each sleeve is handcrafted form finest leather with love and fun and most of this batch are unique ones. The push buttons are Made in Germany and will last a lifetime at least, if not, sleeves could be sent in for repair.
As each sleeve is handcrafted, leather a natural product and we hardly try not to waste a square centimeter, the sleeves may differ a bit in size, not all stitches and cuttings may be perfectly straight, what's giving each sleeve its individual character. For bigger cosmetic defects we decided to reduce the sleeves price instead of throwing parts away :)

Cause we really had much fun while producing, this is our first batch and some Corona discount is added, we offer these first batch for 35€ only + shipping.

After the first 29 sleeves, there will be another 50 - 80 following in two batches within the next weeks. Price will be increased by 5€ per batch. If these are gone and we're producing any more, final price will be 50€ at least.
In some weeks we'll sit together and have a look at what we've invested, what's been sold, what your opinions are about look, quality and pricing and then decide. If all runs well, plans are to establish a small brand for high quality leather sleeves/bags/pouches for Vaporizers and related stuff. If things run not so well and/or Corona is over in 2 weeks and orders and supplies are dropping in like crazy, we'll only do Vape stuff during the winter months, if any.

I'll make pictures of each sleeve an add a short description, seeing the downside of producing unique units here :D

Still don't know how/where to list these first batch best, any ideas are welcome. Up from the second batch, there will be a small shop or something.

First pictures are following, feel free to ask and comment, all is welcome.

Last edited:

mephisto

Looks great! I would be honored to own one. Please let me know when you have the ability to ship to the U.S. I like the browns and the blacks. No doubt you will be able to find homes for the majority of your first run. I have the funds when you are ready.

mephisto,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Very cool stuff! :clap:

I wonder how a smaller, more cylindrical one that only held half as much accessories would look too :science:

invertedisdead,

Baron23

Hi FC members, let me introduce our great handmade Grasshopper Leather Sleeves.

It all started some weeks ago, when I joined a small team around our head, lets call him D, an artisan leather worker. After school, he started his career with an apprenticeship in Interior Decoration here in Bavaria, followed by a Dipolma in Interior Design and Interior Architecture at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Coburg. During the last 15 years, D mostly worked with leather and has become famous among the enthusiasts of classic motorcycles and very exclusive classic cars, mostly from southern Germany like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi and Porsche. When it's about highest quality restoration of leather interior, leather seats or convertible roofs, D is the man!

As you can imagine, the leather for this work is only from finest quality. Some leathers e.g. are a special brand of the car manufacturer in it's special brand color, not available on the market, others are between 75€/m² and 175€/m² the quantity we buy.

Caused by nature of this work, there have been collected lots of small leftovers cuttings of this great materials. Throwing them away would be a sin and some time ago, I brought in the idea of building bags, sleeves, pouches and so on for Vaporizers and related stuff.
Spring time is the most busy here and we didn't have time to only think about it, until Corona and the lockdown came. Suddenly orders were canceled for different reasons and about a week ago, we had time to start building leather sleeves for the Grasshopper, similar to the one I got together with the used Hopper I bought last year.

Now our very first batch of 29 sleeves has been finished. Each sleeve is handcrafted form finest leather with love and fun and most of this batch are unique ones. The push buttons are Made in Germany and will last a lifetime at least, if not, sleeves could be sent in for repair.
As each sleeve is handcrafted, leather a natural product and we hardly try not to waste a square centimeter, the sleeves may differ a bit in size, not all stitches and cuttings may be perfectly straight, what's giving each sleeve its individual character. For bigger cosmetic defects we decided to reduce the sleeves price instead of throwing parts away :)

Cause we really had much fun while producing, this is our first batch and some Corona discount is added, we offer these first batch for 35€ only + shipping.

After the first 29 sleeves, there will be another 50 - 80 following in two batches within the next weeks. Price will be increased by 5€ per batch. If these are gone and we're producing any more, final price will be 50€ at least.
In some weeks we'll sit together and have a look at what we've invested, what's been sold, what your opinions are about look, quality and pricing and then decide. If all runs well, plans are to establish a small brand for high quality leather sleeves/bags/pouches for Vaporizers and related stuff. If things run not so well and/or Corona is over in 2 weeks and orders and supplies are dropping in like crazy, we'll only do Vape stuff during the winter months, if any.

I'll make pictures of each sleeve an add a short description, seeing the downside of producing unique units here :D

Still don't know how/where to list these first batch best, any ideas are welcome. Up from the second batch, there will be a small shop or something.

First pictures are following, feel free to ask and comment, all is welcome.

Wonderful. I like them very much.

Baron23,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Some news:
We decided to "found" a small, separated business for vaping stuff, cause we won't/can't be linked to anything cannabis related here in this region.

Of course this it not possible these rough lockdown days, but we played around a bit and started setting up a small (but right now non functional) webshop.

Not enough struggling with Corona, our head D was badly hit by a car yesterday, driving to the shop by bike. He's relatively well today, but his femoral neck was broken and had to be fixed in a surgery with plates and screws and stuff.
That means, after some days in the hospital, he has to stay at a stationary rehab for at least 3 weeks.

You can imagine, this is a catastrophe, especially these days. Any other person of our team could be replaced (more or less) easily, but not D. His knowledge, experience, skill and business relations are mandatory for most of our work.
We're still shocked and honestly don't know exactly, what will be next and where this all will lead us to.

For now, feel free to look at what we've built and if you're interested in any, please contact me.

Any thoughts and means and tips about "shop" or sleeves are hardly welcome :)

www.ghleathersleeves.de

Baron23

Some news:
We decided to "found" a small, separated business for vaping stuff, cause we won't/can't be linked to anything cannabis related here in this region.

Of course this it not possible these rough lockdown days, but we played around a bit and started setting up a small (but right now non functional) webshop.

Not enough struggling with Corona, our head D was badly hit by a car yesterday, driving to the shop by bike. He's relatively well today, but his femoral neck was broken and had to be fixed in a surgery with plates and screws and stuff.
That means, after some days in the hospital, he has to stay at a stationary rehab for at least 3 weeks.

You can imagine, this is a catastrophe, especially these days. Any other person of our team could be replaced (more or less) easily, but not D. His knowledge, experience, skill and business relations are mandatory for most of our work.
We're still shocked and honestly don't know exactly, what will be next and where this all will lead us to.

For now, feel free to look at what we've built and if you're interested in any, please contact me.

Any thoughts and means and tips about "shop" or sleeves are hardly welcome :)

www.ghleathersleeves.de
I want to wish "D" the fastest and fullest of recoveries. Sounds awful for all involved.

Top Bottom