Handheld or tabletop bubbler?

Which do you prefer to use most often?

• Total voters

placetime

Some people seem to prefer a larger/heavier bubbler that is very stable while sitting on a table. Other people seem to prefer something smaller/lighter that is easily hand-held. Which do you prefer to use most often?

placetime,

placetime

Thanks to all who are voting in the polls! The FC community rocks! :D

I am finding it fascinating to watch the difference in how people are responding to this poll vs responses to the poll about the label for "FC bubblers". There are currently 67 votes and numerous comments in the labelling poll --which is purely about aesthetics. But here in the tabletop/handheld poll --where functionality is the issue-- there are no comments and only 14 votes. Both polls are in the same subforum, both are about a similar topic (roughly, specs for a bubbler worthy of being an "FC bubbler"), and they were posted on the same night within about 30 minutes of each other. Curious. :hmm:

Maybe more people are simply more curious about, interested in, excited about, want to participate in, etc., anything about "Fuck"? :haw:

placetime,

Ontariovapes

I think people are not commenting because they don't really pay attention to how they use things. Before answering I had to give it some serious thought. I currently have eleven glass pieces that vary from five inch bubblers to twenty seven in triple showerheads. I had to decide which I use more fen, with which different capes, and how I use them, before I coud form an opinion, and in the end, I straddled he fence just like the majority of responders. More versatility is always better. Hence the interchangeable mouthpiece option that people are asking for. I'd like that a lot.

Ontariovapes,
Reactions: placetime

placetime

Interesting perspective, Ontariovapes. I don't have a bunch of glass myself, so that way of thinking about it hadn't even occurred to me. Makes me wonder what kind of responses there would be to a "How many pieces of functional glass do you currently have/use?" poll… ;)

I agree that versatility can be better, but at the same time, a dual-use piece is a compromise: it's probably heavier and larger than is needed for a handheld, so it's not as comfortable and easy to use as it could be; and it's also probably not as large/heavy/stable as a piece designed solely for tabletop use, so it's functionality as a tabletop piece is also probably a bit less than optimal.

Having lots of different options on hand, as you do, is possibly the best/most-fun option, of course. :brow:

placetime,

Ontariovapes

Yes but very hard on the bank account. If one can afford it, it is always better to have a purpose built piece than a compromise, however, I was thinking more of the medical patient on a fixed income that needs a piece to medicate with rather than son done who has glass collection addiction. I'm sure there are more here of the former than the latter and their need is greater. It would be nobler to serve them with something they really need rather than something the rest of us just want. I'll buy it no mater what t is like but you'd be wrong to cater to the likes of me than the people in more need. Perhaps a poll along those lines would provide some surprising information.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, I like the split in the voting right now...
6 for one, 6 for the other, and 10 in the middle.

for me, handheld is just far more comfortable.
I don't need to worry about the weight of a vape tipping my piece, and I find that I always have to hunch down or similar if I let my pieces sit on a table...

I don't like to hunch over because it feels like it puts that little bit more pressure on my lungs while I'm hitting my piece...
I most often vape sitting on a couch, or sitting on my bed, and a handheld bubbler is the best option for that IME.

Top Bottom