Guitar anyone?........

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
wow that's gnarly.. iv'e only tried learning guitar.. but it didn't like me hah. wow i'm so impressed.. that's fucking amazing... dude's not fucking around haha. holy shit... man what a bad ass..

man that was a good video lwien.. i was just responding as i watched it. haha real time.

Buildozer,

Breathemetal

I've played for 11 years.
Can't imagine not picking up the skills when I did, it is such a stress reliever for me...and I love playing medicated! ha!

Breathemetal,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That was fuckin' cool. Thanks, lwien. Dude looks like Jack Black. :lol:
959291-jack_black_school_of_rock.jpg

:peace:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Man, that dude has some very clean picking and note articulation on that acoustic.

Anytime I see someone shredding I can't help think of buckethead...I love his creepy style.

Buckethead is so awesome, his technique is so perfect its like a machine, which he embraces. The shit he does on guitar is just mindblowing in the most fucked up ways. Plus the guy is a total goof, he lost a gig to play with Ozzy Osbourne because Ozzy loves his playing but told him to lose the bucket, so Buckethead came back with an alien mask on LMAO. And he joined Guns & Roses because Axl bought him a leatherface doll. Totally awesome. :lol:

And while we are sharing guitar videos. Here's one that is hopefully more musical than shred.

SD_haze

For musicality.....
And..............how 'bout we take it down to 4 strings:

Got shown this a few days ago. Played it about 5 times that day, so amazing!

Gotta love some Brian May from Queen
Solo really starts @ about 0:42

SD_haze,

placetime

any other Charlie Hunter fans? add a couple more strings and play the bass line at the same time... :nod:

placetime,

lwien

^^ Their youth makes it cute............Their North Koreaness makes it bizarre.

lwien,
Reactions: Stu

lwien

Ok, I know that this thread is about guitars but being that Stu posted up those amazing North Korean kids, I HAVE to post this up as well, even though it's a bit OT. Watch it all the way through and try to comprehend that this kid is only 3 years old.

And also note the soulful, emotional, free-flowing pure joy of making music that is totally missing from those North Korean kids above.

11eleven11

The way he makes it look almost easy reminds me of this guy
(slow build-up)

I love their instrumental musicianship but I really never could get into their vocals from what I remember. They give me too much of a metalcore vibe. But oh man.. those guitar melodies sound so good. I love the backtrack melody in that video you posted, around 1:38.

These guys are my favorite shredders probably, for my metalhead tastes (and just shredding is by no means great talent IMO, I like it combined with melody):

They are a racist band unfortunately (glorifying historic racial conquests and etc.) but I can't deny their amazing musicianship.

As far as acoustic guitar skillios go I like this (just skip to like 10 mins in if you're impatient):

11eleven11,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I love this "lesson" vid by Dave mustaine.
I showed it to a buddy who plays guitar, and the spider chords tripped him out.
Very cool :nod:
http://youtu.be/xdetrqIKV_g

For musicality.....

And how 'bout we throw a bit of percussion into the mix:
Aww, you beat me to posting andy McKee.
Dudes got mad skills :rockon:

Edit:
Ooh, I forgot to mention Preston Reed. IIRC he is one of Andys influences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3mx6fsJFjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5dtkIXBKes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enEUmskX7VA

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: lwien

JCat

Accessory Maker
Pretty cool! No one is going to mention Jerry Garcia? As far as I'm concerned he had all the technical (he really knew his shit, if you didn't know) and has the best soulful feeling of almost any guitar player ever (just my opinion though :)) ... Checkout the Pizza Tapes with Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, and Tony Rice ... awesome!

Some other favourites:
- Clapton
- JJ Cale
- Hendrix
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Keith Richards

Edit: Buying a new guitar, custom made strat-style (I already have an ES-175 style Gibson hollow body) ... made by Dubosq Guitars ... a local luthier

JCat,
Top Bottom