Grinders for Arthritic hands.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Anyone else having problems with turning regular grinders? I have arthritis and it is becoming exceedingly arduous to grind my medicine. What are your thoughts or solutions?

lauri melissa,
Reactions: Poostuff

sickmanfraud

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Thanks Sickmanfraud ! Unfortunately, they are sold out. Any other ideas? I don't mind turning something that has a more articulated texture. If it moves smoothly, I'm good with that. Thanks in advance for anyone's input or suggestions!!

lauri melissa,
Reactions: Summer

ginolicious

Brilliant grinders apparently move really smoothly. Also they are connected by magnets so to get your bud you don’t have to unscrew anything. There is a thread going about them. They are about $75. May be something for you look into though.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The Brilliant Cut Grinders are indeed incredibly easy to work with. Its construction allows easy grinding even when it's gunked up, so maintenance factor is low too. I have put some dense nugs into this thing and it always amazes me how smooth and easy the operation is.

The only thing that keeps me recommending them in your case is that its threadless design will let you have to open its part via the so called „clamshell technique“¹ and since the magnets of the BCGs are very strong, I'm not sure if that might cause a problem for you.

¹https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4yMe2F0Si/

Baron23

Anyone else having problems with turning regular grinders? I have arthritis and it is becoming exceedingly arduous to grind my medicine. What are your thoughts or solutions?
I have a BCG, love it, but have no earthly idea why it’s being recommended to some w hand strength dexterity issues.

The BCG is, IMO, too small for people to turn who have hand issues.

Aside from electric grinders like the Chewy, which I tend to view as overly complicated for the job, check out NewVape Fine Grinder Arm Band Edition. It is quite wide in the outside, has tall area w rubber grip to turn, and us a wonderful two piece grinder at a very decent price.

https://www.newvape.com/fine-grinder-arm-band

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

I dont have any experience with these but I have had my eye on them for quite a bit. The design seems to be very arthritis friendly.

gleichdick.at

I own a 2-piece Gleichdick and its shape makes it indeed very easy to twist. It's actually designed for fermented weed, which is known to be very dense, moist and sticky. I've used my Gleichdick for about 2 years and it's still in very good shape and works like at day one. I had to clean it quite often to ensure a smooth workflow, but I suppose a 3- or 4-piece would need much less maintenance (they are a bit wider than the relatively small 2-p. too).

The BCG is, IMO, too small for people to turn who have hand issues.

Ah okay, when size matters / makes things easier to work with the BCGs might not be perfect, in that case a NewVape or the Gleichdick would be a better idea.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Do they ship to the States? And thank you for the info.
I own a 2-piece Gleichdick and its shape makes it indeed very easy to twist. It's actually designed for fermented weed, which is known to be very dense, moist and sticky. I've used my Gleichdick for about 2 years and it's still in very good shape and works like at day one. I had to clean it quite often to ensure a smooth workflow, but I suppose a 3- or 4-piece would need much less maintenance (they are a bit wider than the relatively small 2-p. too).

Ah okay, when size matters / makes things easier to work with the BCGs might not be perfect, in that case a NewVape or the Gleichdick would be a better idea.

lauri melissa,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Do they ship to the States? And thank you for the info.

The FAQs say they do upon request, so if you're interested you should shoot them a message.

https://gleichdick.at/Contact

Edit: ...and what is great about the GDs is that they grind very quick btw, which minimizes the need to stress your hands. Often I will need only two or three full turns to fully shred a load.

Last edited:

Hippie

I bought one of these as I was struggling to grip my old round one
https://www.fasttech.com/p/7695700
Which I've been very happy with

A lot of the older members on a grow forum I frequent use electric coffee grinders and pulse the power to achieve their ideal grind. I was quite sceptical and expected them to say they get gummed up and trichomes stick to the sides of the cylinder but they say that's not an issue if you pulse the power.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Some folks use electric nut or coffee grinders. I've used a hand-crank nut grinder for years. Much easier to use than the twist-style grinders IMHO.

images

ginolicious

Some folks use electric nut or coffee grinders. I've used a hand-crank nut grinder for years. Much easier to use than the twist-style grinders IMHO.

images

I used electric coffee grinders for years. Need to be careful that you don’t over grind and dust your weed with that method. Also they collect mad amounts of kief and some will say totally strips the trichomes off the bud before smoking.

triplehood

Unapproved commercial account.

CanadianBakin

I used to use an electric coffee grinder, but it's hard to clean. I bought a Flowerpot vape last 4/20 and also got their NewVape fine grinder. 3" diameter for plenty of torque and rubber bands for grip. It'll grind anything, unless you overfill it. I brush it out every time and it stays fairly clean - I've only cleaned it with ISO once. It's pretty heavy though - mine is 412g - so probably not a good portable solution.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I used to use an electric coffee grinder, but it's hard to clean. I bought a Flowerpot vape last 4/20 and also got their NewVape fine grinder. 3" diameter for plenty of torque and rubber bands for grip. It'll grind anything, unless you overfill it. I brush it out every time and it stays fairly clean - I've only cleaned it with ISO once. It's pretty heavy though - mine is 412g - so probably not a good portable solution.

I have small hands, so that would not work for me. Thanks for checking it out.

lauri melissa,

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy

images
This reminds of the old flour sifter I used to clean my weed back in the seventies. I thought I had upgraded from double LP's as my solution to getting rid of stems and seeds and whatever was in a lid of Mexican, prior to paraquat. Those were the days................grappling with turning sixty in two months.......I am trying to deal with the feeble funk of unsure hands.

sickmanfraud

If you can't find a chewy I am pretty sure that you can buy a tectonic9 battery powered grinder from Amazon.

I have no personal experience with the Tectonic 9 but I am sure you can find more info.

Top Bottom