• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

Razshiro

Really pissed with the shipping thing, UPS want to charge me 30€ in import fee for a 55$ package, after i paid 22$ for USPS +19$ for UPS total of 70€ for a 55$ package..... Crazy shit, 1st time i need to pay so many in import fee for a charger, some cable and a battery slot unbielievable, idk what your company @maxvapor710 declared for custom but it's pissing me off !!

And your (fast answer this time, after waiting for an answer since 1month)CS answer is really annoying too:" This has nothing to do with us! We have not been paid on our end. You still owe us for shipping. "
I didn't say i'm not paying the shipping difference ,just saying the total shipping cost + import fee hurt me badly .... You can understand that? After so many months i'm disappointed, not my fault if USPS is shitty atm.... Well at least i hope this adapter kit is awesome !!!
Cheers

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@maxvapor710 CS sent me an email yesterday asking me which shipping option I wanted. This should be shipped next week sometime after we sort shipping out and I can finally finish paying for this adapter.

It's been a long haul in uncertain times but it seems we are nearing the end of the pre-orders.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Razshiro They charge everything above 14$ with 20% VAT + import duties here... in the poorest country in the EU.. I have asked people to lie at customs for me and have gotten 90% refusals. ,because it is not a good business practice,so you cant blame @maxvapor710 for following the rules,but you can call your government or complain at the ombudsmen in your country that this is a pure ripoff.. :)

MoltenTiger

This Samsung 25R is powering the io like an absolute champ - so too is the LG HG2 and maybe better, holding 4.2V through multiple tokes with massive clouds...

_20200801_011701.JPG

Absolutely ripped. 2500mAh, in theory that could be the equivalent of 5 new GHB1s and probably even more capacity than my 5 GHB2s in rotation, now after their faithful years of service. The io has really been crushing the life out of them of late.

This is like nothing else. A new GHB would still be going after 3 chambers, but it's been years since I've got 3 solid chambers out of a battery it seems. Now it's just too easy to have everything turned up to 12.

The MFLB in the background is nearly 10 years old, but this 2020 io with '17 Trap floating recycler, powered by MaxVapor engineering is ahead of it's time.

Basically lost for words trying to explain the awesomeness

That airflow gives improved water function, and the power is like nothing I've experienced yet. This vape combo is amazing. Big fan of this staple fix.

Hope the orders keep on going because this is too good to be true.

I've got super charged having this much power on tap, it's like being on the fucking moon

I got carried away drawing out my frustration of redundant tube
allyaneed.PNG

a hacksaw mod would be pretty dope

Ultimately that scribbling is about the only way I would consider the GH bested. io with MaxPower as above is like having a beer tap for vapour

Wow I got knocked out after writing all that. I think this set up is priceless - that sucks about the extra fees @Razshiro but at least you should be happy once it is set up too

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Absolutely ripped. 2500mAh, in theory that could be the equivalent of 5 new GHB1s and probably even more capacity than my 5 GHB2s in rotation, now after their faithful years of service. The io has really been crushing the life out of them of late.

This is like nothing else. A new GHB would still be going after 3 chambers, but it's been years since I've got 3 solid chambers out of a battery it seems. Now it's just too easy to have everything turned up to 12.

Remember in November you told me that a 18650 powered Hopper wouldn't make for much of a capacity increase over a GHB and would take way too long to charge, are you having a change of heart? :D :D :love::love:

Love hearing these happy endings :rockon:

MoltenTiger

Remember in November you told me that a 18650 powered Hopper wouldn't make for much of a capacity increase over a GHB and would take way too long to charge, are you having a change of heart? :D :D :love::love:

Love hearing these happy endings :rockon:
Haha, yep I have made some anti-18650 hopper comments.

Mostly they have been aimed at the concept of making a fat tube which is beyond 18mm dia. and won't sleekly interface with glass, hands or mouths.
I still think for actual portable use I'll be mostly using GHBs and especially once I get GHB3s - that will be interesting.

However with all my hopper batteries suffering in capacity in a big way, now having the ability to better see what the io is capable of, I definitely think this is a big improvement over the limitation 'suffered' before.

I still had to swap cells last night and have two 25Rs on the charger now, which do take a long time to conservatively charge (and are probably full as fuck now, I better get them off and bring them down a bit :p)

Honestly the HG2 surprised me with how well it kept the 4.2V light on on the sled. So I will have to concede I was wrong about what to expect, even the 25R which lost that led indicator earlier still powered through 3 chambers without any sign of slowing down.

I have seen something like 8 chambers as a PB with a GHB, so I do think they are impressive cells with their tiny size and limited capacity. GHB3s should better compare, but it's a lot better a.) Not having to wait or rely on them and b.) Still retaining the 14mm taper and sleek 'glass slide' like experience.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

:lol::lol::lol::lol::rockon::rockon::rockon:

You know I'm just bustin' your balls brother, love hearing of this light at the end of the tunnel!! If I still had me ole' Ti I'd be all over this adapter, still watching from the sidelines as it would look really cool next to my MaxVapor e-nail and MV-DNA75C :D
Look I did expect and deserve it haha :)

Maybe I can say that the io outperforms my mains powered adaptered legacy with the io using any of my GHBs, and then powering the io with the sled outperforms all but two of my cells.

Getting new batteries probably won't outperform the sled just better match it, but it's a lot easier and neater using a standalone device than a tethered option.

However the tethered option has brilliant use case. Mixing the concept of the Hopper io and the G43 like in my sketch is really the product the community needs over any of the other stuff I've seen since I got the GH

edit: I might actually stand corrected with 4.2V and the HG2 - turns out the LEDs are labelled upside-down (?) and the 4.2V does switch off during the first toke. It revives on idle, but during every subsequent draw it isn't lit up. So, I need to sort out a mains adapter to properly get the most out of this thing

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Is there a recommended PSU to power the IO for wall power? I am kinda baked and haven't read last couple of pages, but will start digging.

Midnight Toker

That is not a drug, it’s a plant.....
@lazylathe @maxvapor710 is Last seen Jul 20, 2020. I hope everything is fine with him,cause i remember him visiting the site/posting almost daily. I consider him a valuable member to the community and am sending positive thoughts and wishes for health and luck ! Hoping he will be back soon onboard.

Hey man. You responded to @lazylathe, who up until recently was similarly situated to me...and thus I feel compelled to respond in kind with clarification.

Yes @maxvapor710 was last seen on the forum July 20 but the last time he posted to THIS thread was July 6 when he responded to me and told me that I should receive a shipping notice that day or the next (since shipping of the adapters had resumed). I still haven't received anything and my simple requests for an update both here and through email have been ignored. I wish him well also and hope that everything is good, but I also wish that he would take a moment and provide some update to those who by all accounts should have their order by now but don't. I am one such customer.

MonkeyTime

Just tried this to power my Hopper io and still no beans. Powers up for a sec, then shuts down.

Back to waiting for someone to recommend one that works :uhoh:
Any chance you can measure what it's really putting out? I've tried two 6A units that did the same thing, solid for a second, flicker once or twice and power off.

I've got an adjustable power supply somewhere, I'll have to find it and see what it takes to fire this damn thing!

MoltenTiger

Just tried this to power my Hopper io and still no beans. Powers up for a sec, then shuts down.

Back to waiting for someone to recommend one that works :uhoh:
I bought a similar looking cheapy off eBay last night, might get it later this week.

On the fence as to if it was a waste and now I'm expecting it will be.

Interesting to note the model number on the supplied image of yours though - ALT-1210. It seems normally that 1210 models refer to 12V1A supplies and 12100 refers to 12V10A so it might be interesting to measure the output.

I've also read that these cheap chargers weigh about 300g where a typical branded 12V10A supply weighs in the 400-700g range.
The insulation is usually rubbish and can be compromised just by high humidity. Also the amount of electrical noise emitted will be very high on these LED driver supplies, they're not suitable for many applications and that might be the case with the hopper.

These kinds of items are fairly risky, but I factored in that use with the io and adapter will basically be completely supervised indoor usage.

MaxVapor said something about crank amps possibly not being enough after someone tried to use a 10A version of the included PSU.

It's not straight forward finding an option that is guaranteed to work, but it is looking like if the cheap nasty stuff won't work the price is going to be much higher

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm not too bothered by all this, as in reality I can just leave my OG Hopper tethered up to the PA, and once I get batteries I'll be using the io on the go.

Just figured I'd give it a go.

I do have a VVPS for my Woodscents that goes up to I believe 24v I can try later

Last edited:

Guest399

does anyone know if maxvapor no longer sells grasshopper adapters?

I can not see on his homepage that they are still listed.

I had a pre-ordered one via email weeks ago, I received a short confirmation email but I didn't have an order number that Max asked me for two days. :(

MoltenTiger

does anyone know if maxvapor no longer sells grasshopper adapters?

I can not see on his homepage that they are still listed.

I had a pre-ordered one via email weeks ago, I received a short confirmation email but I didn't have an order number that Max asked me for two days. :(
did you ever complete the purchase and choose the part options?

It was a 40/55 purchase depending on the material choice of the power adapter enclosure.

I'm really liking the blue SLA and look forward to getting it working with the io eventually

Guest399

did you ever complete the purchase and choose the part options?

It was a 40/55 purchase depending on the material choice of the power adapter enclosure.

I'm really liking the blue SLA and look forward to getting it working with the io eventually
no i dont because there is written on his page: "This Item is for Pre-Order Reservation Customers to Finalize their purchase.

if you have not already Reserved a power kit please do not purchase this item, we will have them for sale as soon as all pre-order customers have been fulfilled.

If we cannot match your order to an existing reservation, your order will be cancelled and your payment refunded."

If you have any questions, please email support@maxvapor.com

so i dont purchase and wrote him an email to add me in his list to pre order. so he wrote me that he did add me. and i thought it was ready pre ordered. now he said he cant find an order number to my email adress

i said to him that i dont have and what i must to do to get an order number

Guest399,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Did you ramp up the voltage?

no one told me this was an awful idea, or that I shouldn't ... etc. So I figured hey fuck it let's go!

Yeah no.

Simply went to turn the voltage up and it auto turned the Hopper on for a sec and I'm assuming blew the box.

Now let's all laugh at me for completely ruining my PA

....... I really should have just continued my life, not reading this forum lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom