Going to a festival, need a new portable!

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, if it doesn't look like I will get my Pax back in time, I'll go for a lighter based vape. I brought one of the "coil" ones when I went to the bahamas. It worked well, but I just left it there. I have a power inverter for the car, but I can't be charging something for hours on end with it.

Tstat,

grokit

well-worn member
I can definitely vouch for the Vapor Genie glass bat, it impressed me enough to make it my off-the-grid, pocketable solution. In fact it's the best portable bang-for-the buck that I've tried yet. I have some hemp lighter stuff coming to see how it works that way, but with a bic the results are outstanding.

grokit,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

JCat

Accessory Maker
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, Palm 2 looks interesting and I do have batts and a nice charger. I had never heard of it before. It looks like it holds a lot of material. Is it the same basis as the MFLB, with the screen heating up?

So, I contacted Vape World and I'm sending my Pax in under warrenty. I might get it back in time, but I'm not sure.

Edit: So I'm 50 and a veteran of MANY dead shows starting in 1979. I've seen a few Furthur shows, Phil, etc and really enjoyed them. Not to the pont where I wanted to run around with them again, however. So Interlocken comes up. My old touring buddy lives about 1/2 hour from the site. I'm old, have a bad back, and haven't slept in the woods since Highgate 1995! But I kept looking at the lineup and just could not resist!

I'll be driving down with my 24 YO son and partying with hippies once again! So, I really need some portable medicine :)

Still missing Jerry, especially this week.
Jerry's my favourite all-time musician ... so well rounded and so inspired (not just the Dead stuff, the Garcia/Grisman, Jerry Garcia Band, etc stuff was also awesome!) One of my biggest regrets in life is that I just missed out on Jerry ... didn't get into the Dead until just after he died ... born in '76 so I'm pretty young to be a Deadhead although that's probably my calling :lol:)

I second the concentrate option ... I'm currently using my MiniVAP when travelling for base camp use ... and ThermoVape Dart LV with e-Go-C style battery for discrete concentrate use (works great for when you need to quickly "top-up" every couple hours where discretion is required) ... also keep tinctures on hand and mix into my coffee, pop, etc throughout the day.

JCat,

hoptimum

I think a lighter tape like the Vapor Genie can be a good option for a festival. I'd suggest practicing with it first to perfect your technique

hoptimum,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I'm picking up my new Pax today at FedEx today, so it's going to be my portable for the festival. I was also going to bring my Solo to mate with a layback I'm bringing, but it's really not holding a charge for very long. I don't think I'll take it. So I was wondering about hooking up the Pax to an 18mm joint. I remember reading that it can be done with some tubing. Anyone know the specifics? I'll probably ask this onthe Pax thread, if I can't find the answer...

Tweek

I'm picking up my new Pax today at FedEx today, so it's going to be my portable for the festival. I was also going to bring my Solo to mate with a layback I'm bringing, but it's really not holding a charge for very long. I don't think I'll take it. So I was wondering about hooking up the Pax to an 18mm joint. I remember reading that it can be done with some tubing. Anyone know the specifics? I'll probably ask this onthe Pax thread, if I can't find the answer...

Bring enough cleaning supplies. If you are vaping some quality herb, it will gunk up fairly quickly. To make your life easier, just pick up some more alcohol wipes and pipe cleaners.

ehakim

The battery indicator is very inaccurate on the solo u can get 4-6 more sessions after it says 0 battery when you start it before the low battery light starts to blink

ehakim,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom