• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Going domeless in Spring 2014

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is incredibly comforting to hear there is no waste. and it vapes all the way down the intake.

I have been catching up on a Sheldon Black appreciation thread looking at pics and get really put off by pics like this. The poster is loving it, but it seems a bit wasteful.

FlyingLow,

Caligula

Maximus
I thought everyone was about these? I was considering buying one.

http://www.thedablab.com/joel-halen-glass/

DSC_0274__38644.1386650260.1280.1280.jpg

Caligula,
Reactions: LazyIdol

farscaper

@FlyingLow all the residue has been collecting at the botyom of the nails tube. There is gonna be some residue buildup, but that looks like someone ran a gram down the tube! My gordo recycler likes to hog the oil too... but I have others that bairly get buildup. Some of that is the piece of glass and some the nail choice. Maybe thats why domeless have become more popular, its because they are less messy abd wasteful.

@Caligula I never see them in stock, I thought they were for enails, they are more expensive, and its a bummer u can only use it on one joint type. But it is clean though right! I would still be afrade to drop a bhomb down the honey hole lol

hishighness

@Caligula I was looking into the honey hole for tasty enail dabs (instead of the ceramic) but I reeeeaaly don't like domeless nails that have the hole lower than the dish. I have one similar to this:
W2jneXv.jpg

literally never use it because whenever I try half the dab goes down the tube; don't see how the honey hole would be any better. Also don't feel $110 is anywhere near justified for something that provides the exact same functionality as the generic nail above (afaik).

@farscaper how would you say the air flow is on the castle? Any problems clearing it?

hishighness,
Reactions: Caligula

farscaper

@Caligula I was looking into the honey hole for tasty enail dabs (instead of the ceramic) but I reeeeaaly don't like domeless nails that have the hole lower than the dish. I have one similar to this:
W2jneXv.jpg

literally never use it because whenever I try half the dab goes down the tube; don't see how the honey hole would be any better. Also don't feel $110 is anywhere near justified for something that provides the exact same functionality as the generic nail above (afaik).

@farscaper how would you say the air flow is on the castle? Any problems clearing it?
You know I have not noticed an issue.

It does have a small amount of restriction, but I note that it actually improves the hit. It collects as thick as smoke in my C2 ratchet recycler! Fucking baller hits. But there is zero restriction when using my little Cory recycler. In fact the only piece I think that little drag occurs in is the C2, which is my biggest piece... But the one i got is the 14mm too. If I were looking for less drag I would bet the 18mm would work better. In a bigger piece... which is likely to be sporting an 18mm joint anyway.

farscaper,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I got my tracking from Chief last night, and am hoping it gets picked up/delivered to USPS today:D
Says it is going out 2-day priority, but it has not been picked up yet.

Very excited!

Doug

Just passing time
Well I got my castle last week and had the chance to put it through the ringer. I scalded some dabs and was hesitant about it. After it seasoned up and I learned how much to heat it, I have been loving it. I use the glass bowl from my D020 and it works great as a carb cap. Thanks for the recommendations all!

Fwiw, I got my 18mm castle from doubleaa on instagram for 25 shipped. I also got a 14mm nail like hishigness posted. I tried it once and had the same bad result. Not sure I'll use that much but at least it was only 15 bucks.

farscaper

Well I got my castle last week and had the chance to put it through the ringer. I scalded some dabs and was hesitant about it. After it seasoned up and I learned how much to heat it, I have been loving it. I use the glass bowl from my D020 and it works great as a carb cap. Thanks for the recommendations all!

Fwiw, I got my 18mm castle from doubleaa on instagram for 25 shipped. I also got a 14mm nail like hishigness posted. I tried it once and had the same bad result. Not sure I'll use that much but at least it was only 15 bucks.
I had some trouble dealing with him. After he forgot to include the nails with ny order it too a month to get the wrong nails.
That castle he had was not the same as the ones from chief cottonmouth. This I could tell from the picture.

I got some of the older cup straw quartz nails from him and they were all chipped up. Idk... ive not seen REAL QUARTZ chip or shatter. Im always leary when quartz is super cheap. Ive always used high quality quartz.... @Doug where did you order the banger type cup for 25?

farscaper,

Doug

Just passing time
Both nails came from him. Maybe I should question their quality and materials. It was an okay experience.. Took him an extra week to send it out, but when he did it ended up being sent overnight (though I live an hour away from him). There was a small crack in the nail after his first heating, too. I think it was due to a small bubble in the glass that expanded. I can't feel it, and it didn't expand after a few days of somewhat heavy use. Sounds like he'll take care of it when it breaks. We'll see what happens with it.

All that said I probably will go through other vendors from now on.

Caligula

Maximus
From what I recall he (doubleAA) was saying that he bought those quarts nails for something like $5 each. He never did say where he got them from but they cant be that awesome quality wise.

Caligula,

Caligula

Maximus
:doh:
So much for FC rep.....

Meh. Dude gets legit boro for good prices... as there are quite a few FCers using pieces bought through him. NOT sure about the accessory side of things though. I've seen him put up some shitty looking glass dabbers and what not FS as well.

Guy also dropped the ball on my custom order. Cant really say much about it because he supposedly had medical issues, but needless to say I ended up with this sweet EFS piece.

Id still buy from him but only rigs from known artists. Hes got good deals there now and again.

Caligula,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I thought everyone was about these? I was considering buying one.

http://www.thedablab.com/joel-halen-glass/

DSC_0274__38644.1386650260.1280.1280.jpg
OK let me clarify here a little!

Joe Halen's quartz nail are the bomb and very expensive but the quartz quality is superior, and these Mofoz are hard to break I can assure you (several falls even hot from high: never broke!)

The ones you are showing are not for e-nails, they are domeless quartz nail for torches in either 14 or 18 mm and either female or male!
I own 2 of those in male 14 and 18mm. Never had my oil running through the center shaft...I don't know if it's cause they are so big (dabbing area is bigger then on my dab essential which is already huge), or their mass or what but they are awesome.

I also own 8 e-nails from him (for all the different coil sizes and male and female...). As you can see those are different as they always have a "sitting" base for the coil (either a quartz circle or some quartz dots...). As you can see the internal funnel changes for nail to nail:

farscaper

The ones you build yourself
Do all the diy ones just source their coils from other expensive enail or is there soneplace to get them in custom diameters? This quartz castle I most recently got has a ridge that would be great for a seat for a coil.... but idk if I have seen and colis with that I.D.

farscaper,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Do all the diy ones just source their coils from other expensive enail or is there soneplace to get them in custom diameters? This quartz castle I most recently got has a ridge that would be great for a seat for a coil.... but idk if I have seen and colis with that I.D.
There are several industrial sources for heating coils BUT for custom diameter you need to order 10 coils minimum... that's what I was told though...

ollent

Just a head's up for anyone else following the thread -- I'm also getting delays out of Chief Cottonmouth ("Our USPS has been down, we are sorry for the delay, we will be shipping your package out as soon as USPS is back up. We will send out an email with your tracking number as soon as your package ships. Thank you again for your order!")

Uh...the whole damn postal service went down? I ordered Monday, got this message on Thursday.

ollent,

ollent

Looks like I can't edit, but wanted to mention that it was shipped today via UPS after I asked how long it would take. High fives all around.

ollent,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Personally, I was pissed to have been up-charged to pay for expedited shipping, only for Chief to wait one week to ship the order that was in stock- What the fuck did I pay for 2 day shipping for??

Bullshit their USPS went down- are you fucking kidding me? Does Chief think anyone is going to believe this garbage? I am in my 30's and in my lifetime, I have never heard "USPS went down." Do they think customers are fucking idiots???? Their INTENTIONAL LYING really aggravates me more than the terrible service.

They just dropped the ball and are blaming someone else. I do not believe that bullshit for a second... They don't even take responsibility for their own orders or business= Not a good nor reputable company.

Too many good vendors sell the same goods to shop at shit companies like this.

I will not be ordering from them again, and will be encouraging others to look elsewhere as well.

Last edited:
FlyingLow,

farscaper

I think its odd that they blame shipping... mine took just shy if week to get processed to ship, but that was because payment took a few days to clear. which has happened several times when not using PayPal with diffrent companies. I think even the dablab holds shipping until payment clears (which took 5 days when I ordered) which I see why that is done becuase they want to ensure no fraud occurs.

but if they blame it on USPS at seems to be as you said someone trying to shrug their responsibilities onto someone else who doesnt frankly care.

Ironically usps tried to deliver my nail from cheif cottonmouth to a totally diffrent city. [I was watching tracking] then they they had to reprocess it and get it to me a day later. when I got the box there was zero reason they would have erroneously attempted delivery... so USPS dropped that ball big time!

the order I recieved through UPS arrived fine, but it was substantially more expensive.

I won't condemn them yet, but I will suggest that anyone who wants to order from them give them a call and verify they can meet your needs.

farscaper,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I dont argue USPS screws up all the time, but I have never heard of their whole system being down- that kind of headline would make the national news...

To be clear, there have been cases of their tracking system going down, or their website momentarily down for service/updates. But never system down for a week.

FlyingLow,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I dont argue USPS screws up all the time, but I have never heard of their whole system being down- that kind of headline would make the national news...

To be clear, there have been cases of their tracking system going down, or their website momentarily down for service/updates. But never system down for a week.
Maybe THEIR access to The USPS online was down. I'm sure they probably have some kind of online processing for USPS (stamps.com). Or their internet connection was bad. Either way they should refund any up charge for expedited shipping. No excuses, that's just bad customer service. Now if it had left their hands and the delay came while it was in USPS' hands... then maybe not.

hishighness

OK let me clarify here a little!

Joe Halen's quartz nail are the bomb and very expensive but the quartz quality is superior, and these Mofoz are hard to break I can assure you (several falls even hot from high: never broke!)

The ones you are showing are not for e-nails, they are domeless quartz nail for torches in either 14 or 18 mm and either female or male!
I own 2 of those in male 14 and 18mm. Never had my oil running through the center shaft...I don't know if it's cause they are so big (dabbing area is bigger then on my dab essential which is already huge), or their mass or what but they are awesome.

I also own 8 e-nails from him (for all the different coil sizes and male and female...). As you can see those are different as they always have a "sitting" base for the coil (either a quartz circle or some quartz dots...). As you can see the internal funnel changes for nail to nail:

First things first, you have EIGHT of those?? :uhh: Good lord man, what do you like about them so much that you'll spend $900 on just nails? Second you say you don't experience problems with oil running down the center but do you use a dabber or are you dropping it in? Dabbing is never a problem for me but dropping is (literally) hit or miss with those types of nails.

@FlyingLow my local USPS actually burned down recently so it is possible but there's another USPS store like 5 minutes down the road and another post office ~10 minutes away. Unless the dude lives in Bumblefuck, Nowhere, the excuse "USPS is down" is 100% bullshit. When your entire business revolves around shipping how are you not prepared with 5 alternatives? That's like going to a doctor for an appointment you made 6 months ago and he says "oh sorry, we gotta reschedule, I don't have a stethoscope"

hishighness,
Reactions: FlyingLow
Top Bottom