• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
So i recently purchased all the three vaporizers by Gn0me .
Nice description on the site
The Gn0me Glass Convection Vaporizer, or GCV, is a two piece, glass-on-glass instrument which utilizes the heat from a butane torch lighter to safely and gently heat tobacco or an alternative smoking blend just until the active components become volatile.
Unlike other butane-powered vaporizers, the GCV does NOT rely on the user inhaling the exhaust from butane gas. A torch-flame lighter is used to heat a section of glass, in turn heating fresh air passing through it, which then releases the active components of anything loaded into the chamber.
This is a true convection vaporizer, utilizing heated air to evenly and efficiently release the desirable components of your smoking blend. You will be surprised at how little material is necessary to achieve your desired results, as well as how amazing your blends taste. Through smoking, herbs such as lavender and chamomile would be entirely unsuitable for inhalation. With the GCV, these can be used for on the go aromatherapy, helping you through the day, and bringing a big grin to your face.

First of all i met awesome customer service by Calen Harmon (Gn0me). He responded quick and we got a very nice deal.. He is truely a Santa gnome offering me FC discount of 15 % + package discount + sent it in the most economic way possible :). All you in the USA get free shipment !!!
My package includes :
Gn0me classic portable
Gn0me Gong version
Gnome oil Vaporizer + 1 extra custom made with a hole so i can do dabs, he even included a quarz stick so i can try the hot stick method too .
He does all kinds of curves for adaptors 14-14 14-18 18-18 :) Anything you like . Here in the pictures you can see a bubbler made to match the lovely octopus piece .
Soon the website will be updated with pics and i am curious to see the glass art sections.. may be some nice bubblers will appear there :),
Prices Gnome Classic:
$32.50
Quantity discount!! Two GCVs for $50, Three for $65!
Replacement heat exchanger sections are $15 in your choice of colors.
Ground Glass Gnome:
$50
Waterpipe adapter:
$20 - 14mm-14mm
$22 - 14mm-19mm
Gnome Oil Vape (with one globe):
$50
Waterpipe adapter:
$20 - 14mm-14mm
$22 - 14mm-19mm
Extra/Replacement Globes:
$12.50
Ground glass stopper:
$6

_wsb_510x240_VapeHeating.jpg
_wsb_130x121_VapeSmile.jpg

VapeLoad.jpg

img2566q.jpg

haveanicedayvape12.jpg

haveanicedayvape7.jpg

haveanicedayvape14.jpg

haveanicedayvape15.jpg

img2567a.jpg

img2559h.jpg

img2560kz.jpg

img2561w.jpg

img2562v.jpg

I hope that my package is delivered in a week . I plan to make videos of operation + include more pics + pics of the moded oil vape (it has a hole for dabs )

http://thegn0me.com/

Pretty stuff, man!

The question is, how well do they work?

The added air turbulence created by all the ripples might lead to a more consistent, thick vapor than the Vapocane, which is operationally similar. I know the cloud's glass tube is supposed to have narrowed sections in order to increase its performance..

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

In the vapo cane you heat the whole body. In the gnome there is a special heating area meant for that.
See picture one.
Anyway i will soon enough i will find out how it performs.

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Nice OP, but I see to many glass parts without understanding what they are for.

What is the bended thingie for, and that bowl shaped thing, is that the oil dome?

Will there be video? :brow:

OhTheAgony,
Abysmal Vapor said:
In the vapo cane you heat the whole body. In the gnome there is a special heating area meant for that.
See picture one.

You don't heat the bowl area of the Vapocane at all, if that's what you're thinking. It's the upper portion (the cane) which is heated, while the bowl portion stays cool. It's zero conduction, all convection, as the Gnome will be when used intelligently.

BTW Abysmal, I saw your bong in the UD thread, that is a nice-ass, unique piece with how the downstem wraps around the body.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: ataxian

Abysmal Vapor

That is not my package :).Mine is still traveling to me . Thats just teasers sent to me by Gn0me.
So the Gongs male to male are for hanging the oil dome or the gong gnome to a water pipe , he can make any angle you like any size.
Gong gnome is attached just like vapocane . Most of my pipes have 90 degree bent up bowl and i wanna watch vaporization in the chamber , thats why i wanted a bent connection for the gong gnome and the dome it was a must.
Videos are to come as soon as i get my hands on the package :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

charliedontsurf said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
See picture one.

You don't heat the bowl area of the Vapocane at all, if that's what you're thinking. It's the upper portion (the cane) which is heated, while the bowl portion stays cool. It's zero conduction, all convection, as the Gnome will be when used intelligently.

BTW Abysmal, I saw your bong in the UD thread, that is a nice-ass, unique piece with how the downstem wraps around the body.
I've meant that with vapo cane you can heat the whole body while in the gnome you must heat the narrowed area meant for that :).
As for the bong i like it very much it can be dissassembled in 6 parts which are all gong connected, also there is the possibility of adding a vapor tamer to the upper percolator :). Also it is german hand blown and it is just 45 euro .
http://www.bong-shop.biz/article/07271/Narcotic-Modular-Bong-68cm.xhtml , Check other model of this brand if you like .

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sounds awesome. Don't rush it please, I have a terrible urge to buy stuff at the moment.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
Sounds awesome. Don't rush it please, I have a terrible urge to buy stuff at the moment.
I really feel for you as a co-diseased .. This hobby really hits the wallet. Also it is x-mas comming and i think they spray someting in the air to make you buy things..
I wanna get a Vapman/Lotus,VripWT perc or some crazy diffused bubbler,another vapo bowl cap,one of the UD microtwigs or a Ubertwig or TV's HI .., and some other vapes getting realeased January ... like the
Stealth vape, which i would definetly buy if it is using more than a heated screen ... also karma pocket vaporizer might be a nice unit too .. they are very responsive.. so far ..
And i thought i needed only Heavy hitter,Log vape,Glass pipe, and a portable.. Now i want to have the all that is new and beautiful...
BTW as a therapy to the vapor buying fever i recommend hypnosys via the oldest vape you own ..
Mine is a DBV .. I just hit it and told my self.. well it is working quite nice , and now it is gathering dust.. i bet the vapes i wanna own in the future will someday gather dust with the DBV :).

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: grokit

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I thought it was just me!! I always get so needy this time a year. New cellphones/tablets/PDA's/laptops/computers always get bought this time a year, as well as (electric) toys&clothing to make winter-bike-rides a bit more comfortable. I'm so glad I stopped playing the guitar for now, that was a very expensive one as well (bought 3 new guitars & an amp in one month once :o

My list of currents 'wants' in order of most desired ones are now a nice bubbler (or two), oil rig (dome) + BHO extractor, Eclipse H20, Glass VG/CRZ/hakko type mod with handsfree SSV heater cover, and I'm also very interested in the Gnome, Stealthvape, vape or smoke and Lotus (the large kit). Plus I just lost my favorite stirring pick so I need to take another trip to the Canary Islands to replace it :brow: ....& I sort of want an old Ural or Djepnr with a sidecar for a while now......

I even left a few out there ^^ for now, as the list keeps changing (luckily).

I think I need help :(

edit: I just realized I also want the new improved Lithe Vape & a Supreme if I can get my hands on a nice used one :(

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Well i tried Vape or Smoke ones, and i wasnt impressed.. Although i tried it with herb and multiple screens. It tasted a bit metalic. The omicron is almost the same price...
The hakko is no better than the ssv or the dbv. Those type of vaporizers heat only the top of the herb and some gets more extracted other even combusted and some green and unfinished.So you have to stir..
I would never use my hakko over my dbv , i would never use DBV over my UD and MW.
I wanted to buy a oil dome ,vapocane and eclipse but instead i went with Full gn0me package :).
I was trying to decide Vapman vs Lotus (both are very easility adapted to water).
The lotus has no EU retailers and the new price of the vapman from the reworked site.. only 64 euro with free delivery.. I also grew kind on wood after i got mu UD..

Abysmal Vapor,
As we rampage off subject, I echo the sentiments about the VOS. The "flame arrestor" doesn't do nearly enough arresting for herbal materials, and stacked screens are a sad and mostly ineffective way to cope. They can also make stirring a nightmare as they always want to move out of place. Also, the lighter is of dubious quality as you can read about in its thread, and the design by which it sparks involves the user most likely inhaling a small amount of uncombusted butane. It's okay for solid concentrate but for liquids you would have to stack more screens. Someone took apart its atomizer and it was a rough tangle of wires which didn't work well, and he replaced it with, what? A stack of screens. :) I say put that money toward another vape. Some people do love it on the thread though. Abysmal is right about the UD, it's a great vape with great vapor density. I just wish it, and all log vapes, just had a dial so I could crank it up a bit when I felt like it.

I can't believe neither of you very bright, experienced vaporists have an itch for the cloud! I can't wait, it's like a giant, space-age, computer controlled, all glass retained-heat vaporizer - all designed by people who will forget more about vapes than most other vaporizer manufacturers will ever know. The idea of an all glass, zero butane, zero hassle vape sounds so good to me. It has more in common with the Gnome and the Vapocane than any of the electrics, except the vapolution. I'm dreaming about hooking it up to hookahs and attaching a whip and figuring out a way to blow bags using the HA pump - kinda like it's the infinite vapor engine. I can't wait for 6 years down the line when they miniaturize the design into a battery operated portable, maybe with the glass tube making a U bend or two inside the body to keep it compact, with a solid metal mesh over its intake end so the glass is protected.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Gnome, Abysmal.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: ataxian

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks, that post was actually kind of helpful with understanding some of those vapes a little better Absymal.

Do you know if the separately sold Vapo Bowl cap is the one that comes with the GVB or the MVB btw? I do like the one that comes with the MVB but I tried two GVB ones now & they keep falling apart on me as soon as they warm up.

I'm probably going off topic to much, but I'll try to circle back to the Gnome in the end of this post..

The reason I want a hakko is because I liked my SSV but I just couldn't get over the fact that it costs so much for what it really is. I'm not sure if it would get much use now my preferred way of vaping has changed so much with the discovery of lighter based vapes, but I'd still like to have it even just for occasional use.
I just don't know which 220V iron to use & I don't want to spend 200 euro's first to find out so I keep researching ones I see locally for cheap until I run into one I believe will work.

Vapo or Smoke isn't really rational either, I just like the package, the looks of the thing. & I'm a sucker for gadgets with build in lighters, lol. Not sure if I ever actually buy one though, probably only if I can get a nice used one for cheap.

The vapman always looked a little silly to me & I'm very sensitive to visual stimulance so it never made it to my 'want' list for that reason.

I think I remember checking the Lotus website & that they do ship to Europe. But this will automatically mean it becomes more expensive with the custom & tax fees which will make it a bit over priced imo, so still contemplating on that one.

Good reasoning for getting a Gnome though. It would be neat if it could replace all of those, especially at this price point. I'll guess we'll have to await your review to see if it can or not.

edit: Thanks for the complement Charlie, but to be honest I still feel like a novice when it comes to the world of vaporizers (my first year anniversary as a vaporist was just yesterday!) & the Cloud is one pricey unit. For the price of one I can try out several other vapes which at the moment is more appealing to me, just for fun as well as for the sake of experience.
Plus I really enjoy as well as appreciate the simplicity of lighter based vapes, and I like tampering with them and playing with fire. Perhaps I'll be more tempted when it's out longer and the price drops significantly, but to be honest I would consider the little cube thingie the hippie dude on here is making first probably. The idea of a battery operated Cloud is appealing though, we'll see what the future brings I guess.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Well there is no EU version of the Cloud for a start and the price range is something i can't afford to blow on a single unit. Also there is a 150 $ dollar part of the cloud you can easily brake ,IMO easier than a bubbler or desktop wp . The cloud has a dial but it has not accurate temperature read.. so it not justifies its price for me well may be if i have preordered on 300$ i would thinking of getting one right now .
As for hookah use ? Don't you have MW hookah adaptor ? It performs very good. I stack it with the 18" bowl loaded with concentrates over the hookah bowl with herb .. It is the best party combo for me :).
Some day i might get one although when i have the :2c:, but i rather buy cheap innovative vaporizers than smth like the cloud.,
+1 for the CUBE before the cloud

Abysmal Vapor,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Abysmal Vapor said:
...it has not accurate temperature read...

Accuracy expressed in absolute numbers is one ting and i'd be quite interrested to know how this can be accomplished in a cannabis vaporizer! Such a concept implies that a reading on one unit would mean the temperature is exactly the same with another unit if its reading is identical - but i wonder, the temperature of what?... Most of us only use *1* vaporizer per session, i see no need for this sort of "accuracy" and hence i'm happy with single knob devices like my HerbalAire, actually.

The need to have reproductible temperatures using *1* specific unit is quite another thing because then it doesn't matter much what the reading in absolute numbers would be as long as it's the same from one time to the next once a sweet spot has been found.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Abysmal Vapor

I have tried steinel heat gun and i think is pretty accurate on the temp read although i can't prove it.. But it vaporizes quite nice set at 160 degrees C..
I am currently looking into the APE vape and i think it gives pretty nice temp read too.. What about Aro.Med ?
Anyway it is not the most important for me, dude ! Just for 450 $ i would expect to have it.. Many other vaporizers have it.
We have nothing against the cloud , we shared that before we get a cloud we would probably get 10 other vapes.. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
now those are some sexy pics. i woulda ordered them if they used these pics. hahaha still getting used to the vapocane so i can't justify ordering this just yet.

ilovebOObs,

Abysmal Vapor

Well the classic gnome is 1000 times more portable than vapocane IMO + requires less butane .. And it is only 27-28 $ with free shipment with the 15 % FC discount

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: 215z

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
alright you sold me, hahaha
i gotta stop reading these forums or otherwise i'll end up broke, which i am already. i will prolly pick this up but after a few other stuff on my list first.

Abysmal Vapor

What is making me poor are those discounts. I am so glad i resisted the 20 % discount on the stealth vape.. I am not big fan of mflb style (screen heating the herb) vaps.

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

Bananiq said:
that smile on the mouthpiece of portable version is worth buying it
I am expecting my gnomes in the next 2-3 days. I bet the the smile from the mouthpiece will transfer to my face as soon as i vape some dank off it :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

darkrom said:
Where can I order lol?
Can't stand the beauty huh ? :) "Calen Harmon (gn0me)" gn0me@thegn0me.com
Don't forget to ask about fc discount :).

Abysmal Vapor,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Probably my next purchase. For 30 dollars this seems like a no brainer. Ive never used a lighter based vape so im in for some reviews and videos as well.

tranceporter,
Top Bottom