GLASS BLOWER WANTED !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi !I'm searching for a glass blower is there any on this forum ??? can some one point me one ?

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
a custom bowl and atachement for my extreme ! ....those piece are really simple ,I just want some color and shape in them !! and this is not a rush ! so if you know some ''artist'' I'll glady accept your link spyderman :D

...what I'll want will depend of the skill of the blower !

Spiderman

oil baron
well with things like that, it really more depends on how nice of a piece of glass you want, and how much $$$ you wanna spend. But don't worry, finding you a glass blower shouldn't be too hard.

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Nicce thanks spiderman !!! I'll try to add a drawing of what I'll look for !

oh yeah and if it's possible a blower in canada (or in usa)

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The SSV guys do some custom stuff. I would imagine they could do something like that, given the right dimensions.

Shivadas has some really nice stuff and talented artists, website says custom stuff is possible.

vtac,

Spiderman

oil baron
Clear Dome, whats you're price range here man? It can get pretty crazy if you've got the cash to throw down.....you could do very heady bubblers with just a GonG attachment hook for the end of the hose, something to that effect.

I promise, you'll be blown away by whatever we find you...just gotta find out what you want!

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Spiderman said:
Clear Dome, whats you're price range here man? It can get pretty crazy if you've got the cash to throw down.....you could do very heady bubblers with just a GonG attachment hook for the end of the hose, something to that effect.

I promise, you'll be blown away by whatever we find you...just gotta find out what you want!
thanks for the GonG attachment hook tips ! but this is not why I'm searching a glass blower , I want those piece but customize..
this is basicly a 18.8mm 90d helbow tubing attachement , a double 18.8mm bowl, and a 14.4 tubing attachement and I'm ready to pay the big price if you can get something sick (like around 150$maybe over ) I love nice glass.

and I would like to see some piece from the blower befor !!

Clear_Dome,
Reactions: davesmith

Spiderman

oil baron
by design, you mean you want that...method of patterning glass? those are called "reversals."

And, not to be self-important, but $150 for a bubbler is just gettin started ;). A company called VaporWhips makes a Volcano attachment that converts the volcano into a whip-style vape. The VaporDome's had "worked" glass editions, with top-name artists making bubblers designed to fit the vaporizer system. One of my buddies actually owns one of those very bubs, but they're worth a whole lot more than $150.

Any other examples you can post up of art that you like will really help me with your selection. I'v got a couple ideas goin right now that could work out great.

Keep in mind, the sky is the limit here. You could drop $500 and be happy as hell.....just as long as you choose carefully ;)

Feel free to PM me too!

This is totally unrelated but....hey mod's, is there any chance of us gettin an IRC server? Be nice to chat with some of ya'll!

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Spiderman said:
by design, you mean you want that...method of patterning glass? those are called "reversals."

And, not to be self-important, but $150 for a bubbler is just gettin started ;). A company called VaporWhips makes a Volcano attachment that converts the volcano into a whip-style vape. The VaporDome's had "worked" glass editions, with top-name artists making bubblers designed to fit the vaporizer system. One of my buddies actually owns one of those very bubs, but they're worth a whole lot more than $150.

Any other examples you can post up of art that you like will really help me with your selection. I'v got a couple ideas goin right now that could work out great.

Keep in mind, the sky is the limit here. You could drop $500 and be happy as hell.....just as long as you choose carefully ;)

Feel free to PM me too!

This is totally unrelated but....hey mod's, is there any chance of us gettin an IRC server? Be nice to chat with some of ya'll!
Yeah, that VaporWhips glass VaporDome is probably my favorite thing about the Volcano. :)

Here's what Spiderman is talkin' about!

dscn5156rv4.jpg

Hope you don't mind I brightened the image a bit. Get that camera and show me the titanium swing arm in action :brow:

As for IRC, current host doesn't allow it... If someone wants to donate one or even just make a channel on some secure network, go for it. It's been a while, any good vhost providers these days?

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Spiderman said:

Feel free to PM me too!

Thanks it make a long time that I search for the name of those pattern.I know I can get some freak glass for 500$ but I just dont wanna pay more than the vap it self to customize it ...but I'm still ready to pay a lot for those custom parts .I'll show you some crazy thing (IMO) :

I want some thing on a clear base like this (this is just and exemple to show you the reversal pattern on clear background)

I love this kind of spiral inside a reversal pattern:

I also want some grey dicroic (not sure of the spelling) like this (this is just an exemple for color not for pattern):

and finaly I love psycadelic marble like this one :

(this one is the sickest I ever seen IMO)

so as you can see I dont want a complex shape but I prefer complex color on simple shape...I know there are some vapor dome kits , I saw some made by mike fro but I think they where around 500$ but I dont whant piece as complex ...

Clear_Dome,
Reactions: davesmith

Spiderman

oil baron
HERE GOES:

SO.....you like reversals over clear tubing, fumed mibs, dichroic colors, and windows. You have a good eye, by the way, the pieces you picked (except for the "dichro" ones) come from top artists....sheepdawg, opas, freeek.... good shit.

You need to also decide on a general shape for the bubbler to take (sherlock, sidecar, inline like that sheepdawg one you posted, etc).

The "windowing" technique is an extremely cool one, and is miles more so in person.
As far as dichro, its actually clear. YOu have to "back" the dichro with a different color. That being said, im not even 100% sure theres even dichro in those. To me, they look like a color called "unobtanium," which looks a lot like gray with a small amount of dichro in it. Still a cool look, but we want you to be able to get exactly what you want ;).
The marbles you posted are both Freeek "brain" marbles. If you want that exact one.....you need a Freeek pipe. Otherwise, a honeycomb marble is a very similar effect, and a lot more feasible.

So it looks like you want.....

Reversals over clear tubing
Window section
Unobtanium (or similar) sections
Honeycomb attachment

...for the bubbler, and then matching mouth pieces/etc to make it a full set.
Yes?

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Spiderman said:
HERE GOES:

SO.....you like reversals over clear tubing, fumed mibs, dichroic colors, and windows. You have a good eye, by the way, the pieces you picked (except for the "dichro" ones) come from top artists....sheepdawg, opas, freeek.... good shit.

You need to also decide on a general shape for the bubbler to take (sherlock, sidecar, inline like that sheepdawg one you posted, etc).

The "windowing" technique is an extremely cool one, and is miles more so in person.
As far as dichro, its actually clear. YOu have to "back" the dichro with a different color. That being said, im not even 100% sure theres even dichro in those. To me, they look like a color called "unobtanium," which looks a lot like gray with a small amount of dichro in it. Still a cool look, but we want you to be able to get exactly what you want ;).
The marbles you posted are both Freeek "brain" marbles. If you want that exact one.....you need a Freeek pipe. Otherwise, a honeycomb marble is a very similar effect, and a lot more feasible.

So it looks like you want.....

Reversals over clear tubing
Window section
Unobtanium (or similar) sections
Honeycomb attachment

...for the bubbler, and then matching mouth pieces/etc to make it a full set.
Yes?
damn ;) your freak buddy !!! LOL you 'r right for all the artist name LOL !! like I 've said befor I 'm a canadien (from quebec to be more accurate) so my english is'nt perfect and I just want to make sure that you understand the right thing !!What I want for now is not a bubbler or a ti vap (not for now LOL :D) What I want is those piece but with diffrent shape of coarse !! I'll try to make a scetch of what I want for the shape

and for the marble the freeek one is ?! sublime for sure but it can be honeycomb too,I like it but it must be the same color as the freeek one (like translusid dicroic or some think like that) to get this psycadelic look

EDIT: after ready once again what you write I think I understand what you meen with the bubbler ....I must admit that a full custom kit might be awesome but it will depend of the cost ...like i said befor i dont wanna put like 500$ buck of custom glass on a 300$ vap ....but anyway I love where this thread goes !! ...do you think when I'll give you a drawing of the shape you'll be able to give me a kind of aprox. price ? this way I'll see if I want a custom bubble to add white the rest !!!

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
ok LOL dond laugh about my drawing LOL I have no skill to make hand draw so I do it with auto cad and let me tell you that this is not the best tool to make glass drwaing LOL so here we go I have think to some thing like this but if any of you have idea please post it ..

I dont put the color cause I'm not 100% sur of what I want so .....and for the pattern on the drawing ,they dont need to be exact like this , this is just to show where I want reversal ,marble and spiral

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
Im really startin to see this. Good drawings, I think i get it. The thing in the middle of the disc is a marble? And then the disc involves a window section, as does the mouthpiece.

The only one i dont get is the right hand...can you maybe draw labels on it real quick, just to be sure?

One thing you could think about is getting facets on the center of those discs.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
not sure of what you dont understand ? the bowl ? take a look at the picture of the original one ...than trade the black part (on the top) for reversal pattern with 4 small single honeycomb marble around

maybe it will help you

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I was looking to glass thread on toke city and just find it ....damn this is beautiful ....exactly the color and the ''clear background effect'' that I want ....this pix as been post by El Hefe this is the original link (2 thumbs up El Hefe ) https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=14968
.....freakin wierd this is exacly what I got in my head :/

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
funny you should bring up TC and Hefe.
I was actually thinkin of asking Hefe to do your piece, or at elast showing you his work to see how you like it. TC is my home, and im technically a staff member of their affiliate site Glass Aficionado. Didnt want to make a big deal out of it or anything, or link it, tryin to be polite for ya'll ;D

WHen i saw him post that inline two days ago i thought...wow, i bet thats what clear_dome wnats hahahahahha!

TC is a great place to look for info on glass, you'll definitly enjoy it.

Anyways, give me a little bit more to ruminate o n this, and il get you back on it.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahaha I was shoked when I saw hefe's job :o ...but I was shy to ask for glass on tc ...cause this is in there ''rules'' soo ....here there is no rules about that so I 've post here ....anyway this is not a rush I'm ready to wait ,you seem the right guy to ask for that type of work :D

Ps: this is a pix of a nice honey comb marble :

Clear_Dome,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom