Discontinued Ghost MV1

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
What is everyones best tips for even roasting. My MV-1 is great on the first couple draws, but it seems to get little bits of charing really quickly. And my abv always has some green and some burn. I have several different grinders but haven't bothered to keep an engineering log of what leads to what. As of right now all I use it the lowest setting... one amber/yellow. Anything higher and it's too uneven maybe after 2 draws.

This is the only thing that's disappointing about the Ghost to me. I mean my FF2+ is absolutely primitive compared to the Ghost, BUT I can stir it. And as long as I'm at home in a chair with my stir stick I can take 6 to 8 draws off my FF and the taste on the last is almost as good as the first. However with the Ghost, of course there's no option to stir. And while the Ghost cools WAY better than my RBT Splinter, the Splinter also produces amazingly even ABV(when using VapeCritic's 2 screen method).

So I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions. Fortunately, I was able to get the App installed on my $29 Amazon Fire tablet, so I do have access to the extra settings. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey @floribud

I know we advertise that stirring is not necessary with the MV1, but I do employ stirring in my process. While I don't always do it, I have never had a bowl that didn't benefit from a little stirring.

If you're maybe a little worried about the physical heat of the components, waiting 30 seconds is enough time to wait before you bring out the crucible and stir. If you're going to do this, best to go in and stir after about 3 draws.

If you're worried about wear and tear on the latch and want to adhere to best practice, I completely understand. Best practice is to wait 3-4 minutes to allow the device to cool down before opening the door.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
M-F 7AM-3:30PM PST
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

ClaretVape

Does anybody know where I can purchase the crucible Despenser in the UK? Every website seems to not have stock and has been that way for a while.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

ClaretVape

ClaretVape,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Djsleepy

For those with ultrasonic cleaners I got this new concentrate cleaner from Amazon and it in just three cleans has got most of my crucibles.looking white again on sides( I don't worry about bottoms) and lids,heatsinks come out sparkling with.no trace of product residue way better than iso , no smell after.rinse whatsoever....here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/Blitz-Jewelry-Cleaner-Concentrate-2-Pack/dp/B00725MAG8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=Blitz+Gem+&+Jewelry+Cleaner+Concentrate+(8+Oz)+(1-Pack&qid=1583190573&sr=8-4

hope it helps.....

Last edited:

badbee

@Djsleepy , how do you know that is safe to use? It claims to be non-toxic but that may only apply to the situation where it is used on jewelry. It also specifically says it is for use on "non-porous" jewelry, I assume crucibles are quite porous. I'm not a person who worries about a little metal, silicone, or even high grade plastics in an air path but a crucible soaked in an unknown chemical bath? I'm not sure I would go there...

badbee,

Djsleepy

@Djsleepy , how do you know that is safe to use? It claims to be non-toxic but that may only apply to the situation where it is used on jewelry. It also specifically says it is for use on "non-porous" jewelry, I assume crucibles are quite porous. I'm not a person who worries about a little metal, silicone, or even high grade plastics in an air path but a crucible soaked in an unknown chemical bath? I'm not sure I would go there...

Well if I'm here next week you'll know it's not toxic! Lol I'm keeping an eye on it to see what if any changes occur ....but thanks for your insight

Edit: found this online about ceramic.....feel better.......Ceramic materials are brittle, hard, strong in compression, and weak in shearing and tension. They withstand chemical erosion that occurs in other materials subjected to acidic or caustic environments.

Last edited:

Saman65

Do Nickel and Satin silver differ in anyway beside the color? I tried to find a picture of Nickel in this thread but couldn't see any. I think the Nickel gets more fingerprint? If it is only that, I don't mind it much. I like the color better than Satin Silver.
Been using my Stealth mv1 for over two months now and absolutely loving it. It's the best of Firefly and Crafty! My avb isn't as consistent as my cloud evo was but it is much more acceptable than firefly2!
Also been loving the CS. They didn't have a fast charger when I got my deal and shipped me one later on. They did something extra foor my order too but can't really say what as I promised them :D

Sadly I got the door latch issue. Was about to do a microdoz yesterday and saw it doesn't close. Emailed Ghost last night and got a response today. Read a few pages here and noticed like Ghost said, it is a known issue and specific to Stealth. Happy that my next unit probably won't be having the same issue but sad that I can't get a black one!
Ghost says I can still get a stealth black and an instruction on how to use it to not face the same issue but I would rather just go with another color and not worry about facing the same issue.

Last edited:

ginolicious

Ultrasonic cleaners regardless of chemicals used inside or not are not recommended for porous materials. So if the crucibles are in fact porous or claim to be porous they should not go in the ultrasonic cleaner. Regardless if a chemical is being used or not.

ginolicious,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
For those with ultrasonic cleaners I got this new concentrate cleaner from Amazon and it in just three cleans has got most of my crucibles.looking white again on sides( I don't worry about bottoms) and lids,heatsinks come out sparkling with.no trace of product residue way better than iso , no smell after.rinse whatsoever....here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/Blitz-Jewelry-Cleaner-Concentrate-2-Pack/dp/B00725MAG8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=Blitz+Gem+&+Jewelry+Cleaner+Concentrate+(8+Oz)+(1-Pack&qid=1583190573&sr=8-4

hope it helps.....

You should try PBW, it's made for cleaning brewery vats and equipment. Much safer and cheaper.

cosimo

What grinder do you use with the herbs you put in your Ghost? I have cheapo no-brand grinders, and while I mostly use scissors vs those grinders, I want to upgrade and hve a good grinder for my ghost. Any suggestions?

badbee

For any tinkerers out there, here is a video of my Ghost running off a bench power supply. No batteries required.

Next up I need to acquire a couple of old dead batteries I can take apart to install a barrel socket and internal voltage regulator so a Ghost can be run from a 12 Volt laptop style power adapter or any 12 Volt DC source. If you have any old batteries you are willing to give away, or sell cheap, let me know.

If you are interested in details of the hacked together power supply or the Ghosts operating power characteristics I can post more details.

Saman65

1GZP28D

Got my replacement Nickel unit! Shipped from US yesterday and delivered today in Canada!
I can't express how satifidied I am with Ghost's CS!
Simply increadible. Last year I had to dispute a $400 transaction(after I had already spent $300 on my first order) after I was shipped the wrong e juices. Luckily my bank backed me up after they saw the vendor is not responding to any of my emails. That experience makes me appreciate good CS even more now.
Nickel seems finger print magnet but it looks dope! Not as cool as Stealth but cool in its own way.
Happy weekend friends! Vape on :)
wC32WWk.jpg

SquirrelMaster

Very cool @badbee tell us more!

@Saman65
There are some smaller operations out there that have pretty damn good customer service but Ghost leads the vaping industry and is top three with Lego and Apple in my books. Yeah there may be bumps in the road but I feel good owning a product that the company stands so firmly behind in after sales support. When I had issues the replacement arrived faster then I can get a reply out of a lot of companies. Enjoy the weekend with the new unit!

badbee

Very cool @badbee tell us more!

Well, you know I'm dying to tell someone...

The output of the battery is the expected 8.4 V from full charge cells in series (although I did the testing on mine after one crucible and got more like 8.2 V). The Ghost heater draws a little over 5 amps at that voltage while preheating then drops below 2 amps to maintain. I expected the amperage to increase while drawing but it only fluttered a little with my hardest draw. That makes the heater about 45 W, similar to a Splinter Z. I was initially expecting a higher amperage, the battery label specifies 8 amps max, but that would be for cells that are low. I presume this is why performance isn't ideal on low batteries, because it doesn't pull the full 8 amps when it should.

I over built and the 18 gauge wire didn't heat at all. I thought the connector blades would match standard 4.8 mm spade connectors but they are a little wider. The 4.8 mm worked for the male into the battery and 6.3 mm worked for the female on the device side. I didn't try any other sizes and the connectors I bought were really cheap ass, would not buy again.

Has anyone taken pictures of a fully disassembled Ghost? I would love a close up picture of the circuit board to see the power regulation ICs and what kind of micro controller they are using. I wonder if it would be possible to upload the control instructions for transfer to an Arduino board.

My supply is a typical hack of an old computer ATX 400 W supply, you can find instructions online. I still need to finish and close it up.

If anyone reading is interested in electronics I'm having a discussion about voltage regulation with some FC folks here.

Last edited:

Vaponatic

Hey all, new here but have been reading the forums for a while.

I’m considering trading my Mighty for a new Stealth MV1, but I just want to hear some unbiased opinions about the device before committing to the deal.

For a bit of background, my current rotation consists of a Firefly 2+, Mighty and Omnivap. I also have a Crafty that rarely gets used (I’d use this for sessions in future if I trade the Mighty).
Each of these serves a different purpose to me, but the majority of the time I microdose a bowl from the FF2+ over a few hours, and this suits me perfectly.

I’ve been interested in the MV1 for a while now, however I’ve never pulled the trigger as I wasn’t sure if it could offer me anything new compared to my current line-up. What is it about the Ghost that stands out?

I’m also interested in hearing how your experiences have been with the device. I see a lot of mixed feelings being posted online. For long term users, how’s the reliability/performance consistency been?

Also, as I have an iPhone I won’t be able to download the app. Does anyone know if the two custom temperature settings are preset at higher than 200°C?

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey all, new here but have been reading the forums for a while.

I’m considering trading my Mighty for an unsealed Stealth MV1, but I just want to hear some unbiased opinions about the device before committing to the deal.

For a bit of background, my current rotation consists of a Firefly 2+, Mighty and Omnivap. I also have a Crafty that rarely gets used (I’d use this for sessions in future if I trade the Mighty).
Each of these serves a different purpose to me, but the majority of the time I microdose a bowl from the FF2+ over a few hours, and this suits me perfectly.

I’ve been interested in the MV1 for a while now, however I’ve never pulled the trigger as I wasn’t sure if it could offer me anything new compared to my current line-up. What is it about the Ghost that stands out?

I’m also interested in hearing how your experiences have been with the device. I see a lot of mixed feelings being posted online. For long term users, how’s the reliability/performance consistency been?

Also, as I have an iPhone I won’t be able to download the app. Does anyone know if the two custom temperature settings are preset at higher than 200°C?
I use my Mighty more than my Ghost, as overall it’s just easier and more consistent. I have several Mightys and wouldn’t give them up for anything.

However....since you mentioned microdosing with the FF, it’s worth noting that the thing the Ghost really excels at, in my experience, is small loads. You can use very small amounts, drop them loosely into a crucible, and get great hits and great vapor. In fact I’d say the MV1 does a better job with small, loosely packed loads than any portable I’ve ever used. It’s my go-to vape for a small short session, or when I just want maybe three really big hits instead of a Mighty session.

The Ghost has its pluses and minuses but damn is it remarkably effective and efficient with small amounts. It can be a little tricky and temperamental compared to the Mighty (but what isn’t?) but since you use the FF you’re used to a bit of inconsistency. If you’re looking for small loads delivered on-demand I don’t know of a better portable. It’s the only vape I own other than the Mighty that I use daily.

Djsleepy

I presume this is why performance isn't ideal on low batteries, because it doesn't pull the full 8 amps when it should.

I notice that the performance does indeed go down with low batteries.....I have some batteries older than a year that I just take off and charge once I get to level 2 on battery.....they just don't have what they used to as they say.....thanks @badbee for info....you will be where I send my ghost for.repairs lol ......God forbid they go out of business....

Top Bottom