Discontinued Ghost MV1

ClaretVape

Hi @ClaretVape

You might have also submitted a ticket. Just in case I'll repeat what I wrote here: Thank you for writing in. Great observation although we've never received a report/comparison like this before. At any rate I'm happy to send you a brand new heat sink; hopefully that's the trick.

PM me your shipping info!
Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase
Hi @ClaretVape

You might have also submitted a ticket. Just in case I'll repeat what I wrote here: Thank you for writing in. Great observation although we've never received a report/comparison like this before. At any rate I'm happy to send you a brand new heat sink; hopefully that's the trick.

PM me your shipping info!
Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes
Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories+GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase

Yes it was me. Very much appreciated

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
Few questions for my new MV1.

1. How long are vape sessions? I did my first bowl (capsule) but I never knew when to stop. I'm so used to a vape that turns off automatically haha.

2. Turning off when not in use. The only way is pulling the battery out and back in?

3. The Ghost app for controlling Temps. Is it worth it and work good? The reviews are horrible on Play store.

Djsleepy

1. How long are vape sessions? I did my first bowl (capsule) but I never knew when to stop. I'm so used to a vape that turns off automatically haha.

2. Turning off when not in use. The only way is pulling the battery out and back in?

3. The Ghost app for controlling Temps. Is it worth it and work good? The reviews are horrible on Play store.

@Bearded アレン
1A= 6-8 draws.per crucible.when vapor fades out you are near end

2A= if I remember correctly (thread correct.me if I'm wrong) this was in regards to battery.draining and bluetooth being left on after use. Fix was shutting off Bluetooth on phone(app would need.to have been installed)

3A= IME and I'm on iPhone no problems with app it is nice to be able to.play with temps and see.different extraction temps/effects

hope it helps and I as said thread pls correct any incorrect info.......

don't know how I did that lol @Stu can you fix?

Modnote: Replies removed from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

badbee

To expand on Djsleepy's answer: there are three modes on, off and shipping. Three button presses turns it off so that you don't pocket vape by accident if the button gets pressed, but really, who puts this beast in a pocket :). There is a bug\design flaw that the Bluetooth transmitter stays on even when the vape is off which will drain the battery over several days. Unplugging the battery puts it into shipping mode and the battery won't drain.

I have an iPhone so no app for me. It's not a big deal (this is a reverse answer to your question I know) but it does take 9 button presses to turn the damn thing on and go back to my starting temp.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

Thank you @Djsleepy and everyone else that shared insight, always appreciated.

Just wanted to add, for all new users, the best information for you is in our introductory article linked below. If you familiarize yourself with the information in the article, you'll get going with your MV1 a lot faster than I did lol ... Your time and your herb are far too valuable!

+MV1: Initial Setup

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

kiddvudu2

Down right now but already.talked to Ghost CS and should be up and running soon but sucks when you have to use a.back up.....you really see how bada** the MV1 is......
Bummer! I'll go enjoy a crucible at 345 and feel bad for ya brother, then I'll be feelin really good for both of us! Be well, you'll be back up and running in no time as we both know!

:peace:

One thing I have to say for this unit is that it really embodies the old aphorism of cleanliness is next to godliness. The unit really shines when it is super clean but the fall off when one gets lazy is pretty substantial.

I have in the past called it finicky, but really most of my issues with the MV1's performance are easily addressed with a quick clean of the bottom of the heat sink assembly and it is usually good to go again. I'd fault this in other units, but the heat sink is pretty merciful when it comes to disassembly and cleaning.

The crucibles are great and I find I can get several uses out of them depending on the flower being used. If the lid or bottom airholes of the ceramic get a build up, a quick blast of an empty crucible at 2a or 3a and some blowing once the crucible is out normally clears it enough for continued used.

So, in short, as long as you do a continuous minimal maintenance routine your experience should be pretty consistent. Except for packing. To be consistent in that art even after a year, eludes me. I have come to accept the odd green fleck in my ABV.

A fully kitted out Ghost MV1, as I so happily won over a year ago now, is a killer vape. Swapping between the batteries, fast charger, crucible holder. Absolutely great experience.

Now I just wish I had remade my account to work out some issues with Neera (if I remember her name correctly) sooner, but this thing is a beast.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
HI All!

Friendly reminder if you've reached out to us via our support portal on the website and you have not received a response within normal business hours (M-F 9AM-5PM PST) , please remember to check your spam/junk or trash email folders. It's possible our emails are being filtered away from your inbox.

We have seen this issue especially with @hotmail.com email accounts.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

floribud

What is everyones best tips for even roasting. My MV-1 is great on the first couple draws, but it seems to get little bits of charing really quickly. And my abv always has some green and some burn. I have several different grinders but haven't bothered to keep an engineering log of what leads to what. As of right now all I use it the lowest setting... one amber/yellow. Anything higher and it's too uneven maybe after 2 draws.

This is the only thing that's disappointing about the Ghost to me. I mean my FF2+ is absolutely primitive compared to the Ghost, BUT I can stir it. And as long as I'm at home in a chair with my stir stick I can take 6 to 8 draws off my FF and the taste on the last is almost as good as the first. However with the Ghost, of course there's no option to stir. And while the Ghost cools WAY better than my RBT Splinter, the Splinter also produces amazingly even ABV(when using VapeCritic's 2 screen method).

So I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions. Fortunately, I was able to get the App installed on my $29 Amazon Fire tablet, so I do have access to the extra settings. Any advice would be appreciated.

Top Bottom