• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ve been trying the tips for the Ghost when I’ve had the time.
I’m still getting inconsistent results but using a super slow draw I’ve had a one or two okay sessions with some decent vapour & even looking ABV.
Packing almost to the top of the crucible with no tamping I think maybe...seems to work better for me.
A slight tamp or filling right to the top seems to adversely affect extraction. My ABV will be uneven or the top still uncooked.

Loading the crucible into the holder while keeping the lid on makes me feel like I’m doing a motor skills test & failing :lol: but I’m sure I’ll get better at it.

In my opinion the cleaning takes about the same effort as cleaning a Crafty mouthpiece, but because of the fragility of the heatsink more care needs to be taken.

This hasn’t been plug & play for me by any means but hopefully I’ll find my way with it.
I should mention I do like that there wasn’t any “new vape” smell on mine when unboxed. Also there’s plenty of support & if I do ever need to send it in, from what I’ve read they seem accommodating.

kiddvudu2

I’m still getting inconsistent results but using a super slow draw I’ve had a one or two okay sessions with some decent vapour & even looking ABV.
Packing almost to the top of the crucible with no tamping I think maybe...seems to work better for me.
A slight tamp or filling right to the top seems to adversely affect extraction. My ABV will be uneven or the top still uncooked.

Loading the crucible into the holder while keeping the lid on makes me feel like I’m doing a motor skills test & failing :lol: but I’m sure I’ll get better at it.

In my opinion the cleaning takes about the same effort as cleaning a Crafty mouthpiece, but because of the fragility of the heatsink more care needs to be taken.

This hasn’t been plug & play for me by any means but hopefully I’ll find my way with it.
I should mention I do like that there wasn’t any “new vape” smell on mine when unboxed. Also there’s plenty of support & if I do ever need to send it in, from what I’ve read they seem accommodating.

if I could offer any advice I would say go ahead and fill that crucible to the top. You don't want to pack it down but just keep in mind the only reason that you don't want to tamp it is so when you draw the air can get through and around everything in there. With that in mind also consider how strong of a draw you pull. When you say you're taking a super slow draw, I cannot do that with this vape. My draws are medium to aggressive for best results.

Stay UP!

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
I want to thank all of you for the useful information in this thread! Again the FC forum has helped me tremendously to decide what vape to get.

This morning i got my MV1 (ordered yesterday!) and just took the first session with it. 2 hits level 1 and another 2 on level 2. Boom! Didn’t feel the need to go any higher. Got very big hits out of it without much effort. Even the first hit on level 1 had a lot of vapor. I'm very impressed!

Lately i started enjoying my Grasshopper with a percolator bong as daily driver. Trustfully banging Mighty every 3 days and handy Pax 2 in the club. The Firefly 2 is resting because it started acting up a bit. But i always liked its flavor the most.
Imo the MV1 tastes as good as the FF with some more airy feel and punch. Love it!

Actually i declared some time ago that i didn't need anymore vaporizers. But it wasn't true. :D
I'm very glad that i convinced myself to add the MV1 to my arsenal and i wouldn't have done it without the help of you fellow FC members. You rock! :rockon::leaf:

Welcome @flipjoe! I am so happy that you are enjoying the MV1. The FC members are great. I appreciate their support and helping out when they can.

I would definitely try what @kiddvudu2 suggested. Let us know if that helps.

Happy Father's Day to all!
Nerissa :)

JayPizzle

You gotta fill it all the way up to get a decent amount of vapor. Try increasing your draw speed after letting go of the button.

JayPizzle,
Reactions: Poostuff

Tommybwell

I rarely show up here and when I did I was so surprised to see all the negative posts on the MV1. I have been running mine daily since December 2017 and could not be happier. I was up and running in no time. The ceramic crucibles and dispenser work perfectly. Were it not for the MV1 I doubt I would be vaping and my health would be greatly diminished.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Hey y’all...
Now that I’m back to using my Ghost, I find I’m still having the previous problem.

At this point I don’t think it’s the rig, but my draw: I believe I’m drawing too hard and too fast.
Let ya know how it goes

Djsleepy

Hey y’all...
Now that I’m back to using my Ghost, I find I’m still having the previous problem.

At this point I don’t think it’s the rig, but my draw: I believe I’m drawing too hard and too fast.
Let ya know how it goes

Remember your pulling the air to the product .....draw too fast and air cools off temps........pull slow/med. Air comes thru close to desired temp.....

JayPizzle

Thanks. Just grabbed mine, along with a heat sink.
Now I can swap out a clean heat sink after finishing the 5 crucibles.
You should definitely be able to do more than 5 before having to clean. I usually clean at around 12 crucibles or whenever I notice the vapor is thinning out. In any case, I like to have an extra heat sink so I can just load it in while the other is being cleaned.

Hey y’all...

Let ya know how it goes

Try drawing at a slower pace when you are heating it and draw until you’re ready to increase draw speed. As soon as you’re ready, let go of the button and pull harder. I’m getting vapor every single time doing this, even on 338F.

Last edited by a moderator:

flipjoe

Try drawing at a slower pace when you are heating it and draw until you’re ready to increase draw speed. As soon as you’re ready, let go of the button and pull harder. I’m getting vapor every single time doing this, even on 338F.
After having the MV1 for a few days i'm having great results with this technique.
I'm still very impressed and the MV1 became my daily driver for now.

One thing i don't like is setting the levels without the app. I know it got mentioned here some times but i have to chime in. If there's any chance to change this in a firmware update, Ghostvapes please make it happen! I don't want to hold the button and wait for the battery level to come up and then wait for the temp settings to come up just to change the temp. It's a minor thing but i notice it every time i use the MV1.

But nonetheless i think this vape is phenomenal. :clap:
A few things i experienced in the last days:

MV1 has the best air flow of all my vapes.

I don't need to draw 15 seconds to get a good hit. 5-10 is cool too.

Good results with a full load but also with half a load. Even without a pad to fill up the empty space it worked just fine. Not as much vapor production but nice flavor and satisfying effects.

I never need to stir, there's a few tiny more greenish spots on the abv sometimes but for my standards it looks very even.

Cleaning is very easy, nice grip, good battery life, i don't have a fast charger but no problem so far.

Very tasty hits and that elevated pure convexion high i learned to love.
Honeymoon is the best! :love:

SquirrelMaster

After having the MV1 for a few days i'm having great results with this technique.

One thing i don't like is setting the levels without the app. I know it got mentioned here some times but i have to chime in. If there's any chance to change this in a firmware update, Ghostvapes please make it happen! I don't want to hold the button and wait for the battery level to come up and then wait for the temp settings to come up just to change the temp. It's a minor thing but i notice it every time i use the MV1.

Good results with a full load but also with half a load. Even without a pad to fill up the empty space it worked just fine. Not as much vapor production but nice flavor and satisfying effects.

I never need to stir, there's a few tiny more greenish spots on the abv sometimes but for my standards it looks very even.

Cleaning is very easy, nice grip, good battery life, i don't have a fast charger but no problem so far.

I agree wholeheartedly on the button presses. It drives me a little nuts sometimes. At the very least the temperature should be the first option and the battery level the second. I would rather have it so that you need to point press to turn the vape off and quick press to change temps.

Airflow is amazing. This was my biggest hurdle to overcome coming from a SOLO 2. I really have to watch my inhale speed as it use to get away from me and the resulting draws were weak. I barely (at least to me) inhale for 20 seconds for the best draws. I let go of the button and keep inhaling at the end. I get a huge amount of vapour this way. VapCap levels but without the harshness.

I find any less then the ideal pack (a light tamp) and the end results suffer. Half packs are terrible for vapor production in my experience. I'll have to try another tonight now that I know my draw speed is bang on as it's been a few weeks.

Speaking of honeymoon phase, I went back to my Solo 2 yesterday after months of sitting and my first thought was "I should sell this thing". Not that it's a bad vape by any means but the MV1 is on another planet.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayPizzle

I agree, GhostVapes please give us an updated firmware that’ll bypass the battery life display before allowing temp change. As for stirring, not necessary, but at the end of your bowl on 428, open the door and rotate the crucible. You’ll get 1-3 more hits or 1 really good hit before it’s completely done. Strangely, I’ve gotten the most vapor production doing this.

I agree wholeheartedly on the button presses. It drives me a little nuts sometimes. At the very least the temperature should be the first option and the battery level the second. I would rather have it so that you need to point press to turn the vape off and quick press to change temps.

Airflow is amazing. This was my biggest hurdle to overcome coming from a SOLO 2. I really have to watch my inhale speed as it use to get away from me and the resulting draws were weak. I barely (at least to me) inhale for 20 seconds for the best draws. I let go of the button and keep inhaling at the end. I get a huge amount of vapour this way. VapCap levels but without the harshness.

I find any less then the ideal pack (a light tamp) and the end results suffer. Half packs are terrible for vapor production in my experience. I'll have to try another tonight now that I know my draw speed is bang on as it's been a few weeks.

Speaking of honeymoon phase, I went back to my Solo 2 yesterday after months of sitting and my first thought was "I should sell this thing". Not that it's a bad vape by any means but the MV1 is on another planet.

I also have the Solo 2 which I thought would be the end game vape for me but I still keep mine for group sessions (I do not like to share my Ghost with more than 1 person) and as a backup vaporizer to use in case I have 2-3 non working MV1’s lol.

SquirrelMaster

I also have the Solo 2 which I thought would be the end game vape for me but I still keep mine for group sessions (I do not like to share my Ghost with more than 1 person) and as a backup vaporizer to use in case I have 2-3 non working MV1’s lol.

I can see that for groups sessions. The MV1 can be hard to learn for some plus I feel like it's best to have the entire crucible to one person so you can experience every ounce of goodness. With that many MV1's you could load one up per person in a small group. A small Ghost army haha.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: flipjoe

JayPizzle

I can see that for groups sessions. The MV1 can be hard to learn for some plus I feel like it's best to have the entire crucible to one person so you can experience every ounce of goodness. With that many MV1's you could load one up per person in a small group. A small Ghost army haha.

I wouldn’t wanna have a group because of the risk of the Ghost getting dropped. I’ve told every single person that’s used it if it’s dropped, it’s theirs lol. But I totally agree one one bowl per person. I genuinely enjoy the experience from one full bowl. I bought a 2nd for a spare and a 3rd in a different color. I’m planning to get a large glass setup from sneakypete (predator v3) and using a y-tube adaptor to attach 2 Ghosts to draw from

Anyone else experience their crucible dispenser getting really messy? The MV1 performs great seemingly regardless of grind size, but it seems like the crucibles leak herb in the dispenser.

My grind is usually medium-course and my dispenser requires a clean every week or so. Not a huge deal cause it comes with the territory of grinding, but it is a bit of a pain to clean with all the nooks and crannies in each slot

IMG-20190618-230439.jpg

Myrrhdyrrh,

Djsleepy

Anyone else experience their crucible dispenser getting really messy? The MV1 performs great seemingly regardless of grind size, but it seems like the crucibles leak herb in the dispenser.

My grind is usually medium-course and my dispenser requires a clean every week or so. Not a huge deal cause it comes with the territory of grinding, but it is a bit of a pain to clean with all the nooks and crannies in each slot

IMG-20190618-230439.jpg

Yup.....mine gets that way...but like you said just part of cleaning....

Djsleepy,

Djsleepy

Happen to find anything that works really well for cleaning it yet? I've tried using a q-tip and iso but can never seem to get it 100% clean

A small brush and blow it out is probably best way to ....wouldn't recommend soaking dispenser .......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Summer

Long Island, NY
Happen to find anything that works really well for cleaning it yet? I've tried using a q-tip and iso but can never seem to get it 100% clean

I think you're talking deep cleaning? When I do a deep clean, I just submerge them in a bowl of 91% ISO & leave them for up to an hour. Then give them a good ISO scrub with a toothbrush & rinse thoroughly.

If you want to keep the white ceramic as white as possible, do frequent dcs. Optimum would be daily at the end if each day. If you do dc daily, you only have to soak for as little as 5 min. Super easy to do. Caring for the crucibles on a daily basis feels the same as how it felt to care for non-throwawah contacts.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: Jill NYC

kiddvudu2

I think you're talking deep cleaning? When I do a deep clean, I just submerge them in a bowl of 91% ISO & leave them for up to an hour. Then give them a good ISO scrub with a toothbrush & rinse thoroughly.

If you want to keep the white ceramic as white as possible, do frequent dcs. Optimum would be daily at the end if each day. If you do dc daily, you only have to soak for as little as 5 min. Super easy to do. Caring for the crucibles on a daily basis feels the same as how it felt to care for non-throwawah contacts.

Lol! I've been wearing contacts for 35 years and I still am not able to get daily wears! I'm hoping my appointment on Monday might change that.

After each crucible, I use one of my nylon bristled brushes on the lid and the crucible itself to get all of the AVB out and then it immediately goes into a small Tupperware with iso. Since I have 12 crucibles I just let them soak until I get low on them and then I pull them all out for a quick dip in pure water. Then I just lay them out to dry. I even reuse the iso until it starts to look dirty.

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
. Since I have 12 crucibles I just let them soak until I get low on them and then I pull them all out for a quick dip in pure water.

Personally, I would not soak them extendedly as I think the integrity of the ceramic material will be compromised overtime & will tend to split, crack or chip. Just my :2c:.

Top Bottom