Discontinued Ghost MV1

Alexis

Woa! Love my unit so far. I'm rrally impressed. I do wish it were more discrete, but loving everything else, even the finicky stuff. I feel I already have the hang of it.

After about 15 burnoffs, I used it by my self from 1 pm till 7 pm... charged it , then continued using it with a friend from 930pm to 3 am. Didn't wait for the red batery light to show up... just until the slow blinking single green. Would it be better to let the battery reach the red light?
Definitely plan to get extra batteries for when using it with several friends, but a single battery and fast charger seem to be enough for my self.

One crucible was enough for powerful effects, but i kept going through crucibles just for the really tasty flavors and experimenting with the dif temps and herbs i have. Very smooth vapor by the way.

I like using the pick, wish it could be placed/stored in the unit it self as with the Mighty.
I really liked this vaporizer. I still swear it is underrated. I was very disappointed set my allergies would not allow me to tolerate it (not material based in any way).

I was personally really pleased and surprised with the effects I got from just one crucible. But I particularly liked the nature of the high, a very clean and pure vaporizer effect.

Really glad you are enjoying your new device so much mate, long may it continue.

Baron23

It's too bad we're still waiting on smell-o-vision so there's no way we can compete to see who has the most sensitive nose.

I wasn't really worried at all about the type of metal being used ( because I can't taste it ). Somebody else asked what it was made out of and I was speculating that it could be Aluminum. When my successful reading comprehension partner pointed out that aluminum can be toxic I made the counter point that the volcano uses an aluminum heater and even stainless steel can be dangerous :razz:

Be careful, all of your water is contaminated with dihydrogen oxide and you will die if you inhale it. :myday:
So, I have a Volcano but never took it apart.

I do know that there is a big ass chuck of aluminum that acts as a heat sink, but I'm not sure that the aluminum is exposed to the air path.

This vid shows the heating chamber and says its AL surrounded by ceramic and SS but he doesn't take it full apart to see if the air path is lined...with SS or ceramic.

As I said, and please do NOT take it to the bank as this is only anecdotal, but I believe that the MV1 heating element is made of SS.

@ghost - Virgil, can you confirm the material used for the heating element in the MV1, please.

Raf

@Baron23 yes it's definitely a separate air path on the volcano as far as I know didn't mean to give the wrong impression about that. I was trying to say even aluminum can be safe if you separate it from the air path

@Alexis what part are you allergic to? Did you mean like you're allergic to the ergonomics or something? :)

I have my new MV 1 Satin Silver in my hands! I have the battery on the fast charger getting ready for first use. A relative brought it to me in her hand bag from the USA and they almost took it away from her... apparently it looked suspicious in scanners and they needed to confirm it wasn't a weapon!

While the battery charges, I 'd like to share a few initial comments:

1. I received all the freebies, thanks Ghost!

2. The unit is not as big as I expected it to be, but definitely feels very solid... me likey.

3. I have taken a few draws while the battery charges (separately on the fast charger) and I detect a flavor/smell I'm not liking so much... actually, I can smell it easily when i get my nose close to the green silicone or to the black rubber gasket... i guess it's the brand new smell of the rubber and silicone... not sure if i can use right away or if I should do some initial burnoff's for this. No instructions in the box or Ghost's website to indicate i should, but other sites say I should... I don't like that smell, so I will do the burnoff hoping to remedy this.

4. The mouthpiece has a lot of play... it wiggles a lot. Will have to experiment with it, since there is quite a big difference in draw resistance depending on the position. I'm expecting draw resistance to be better than in my Arizer V-Tower.

5. The door is quite hard to close just at the final moment when the green silicone has almost completely covered the crucible holder... and the latch is also quite hard to press/slide when the door is closed. I was expecting them to be a little softer but i did read a post around page 70-80 that mentioned this could happen.

6. The crucible dispenser is a neat idea, but as someone mentioned before, the crucibles do get a bit stained/scratched by the black arm (the door of each crucible) that hold each crucible..

I'll update once I get to use the unit.

20191207-110828.jpg
20191207-111256.jpg

The biggest learning curve on this device is just how to burn off the silicone smell. To do this most efficiently especially when the f****** battery takes a long time to charge, it's important to understand that it's applying heat while it's flashing green leading up to hitting Amber and telling you it's ready.

So if you stand around holding down the Vape button after that, you're not doing anything. you need to keep cycling it making it flash green and heat up the element below, then once it gets hot from doing this a few times open the door and blow on it and then repeat. Remove the mouthpiece and look down inside and you will see it turn orange when it's Heating and shut off when it's not. Get it orange a bunch of times and then leave the door open, blow on the crappy 'us food safe' Si and repeat this process until you cant smell 'the color green', and whatever secondary filler material (if any, I know for sure the f****** thing is green LOL) was added to this peroxide cured silicone

Once you do all of that then this is really a pretty awesome device way better and capable of much more than what the Pax, solo, firefly can do

Last edited:

cosimo

I really liked this vaporizer. I still swear it is underrated. ...
I was personally really pleased and surprised with the effects I got from just one crucible. But I particularly liked the nature of the high, a very clean and pure vaporizer effect.

I completely agree... and so far 7/7 friends have liked it a lot as well, even the heavy smokers hitting it at 1 amber.

Raptor5150

Man you guys are making me so jelly. Aka JEALOUS :lol:

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

Last edited:
Raptor5150,
Reactions: Kimosabe

Alexis

@Alexis what part are you allergic to? Did you mean like you're allergic to the ergonomics or something? :)

Its complicated and I couldn't possibly explain it because I don't understand it and nobody does.

And just to be clear, I never said and I'm not saying or suggesting in any way I am allergic to the MV1.

More specifically I have insane and bizarre allergy problems which affect my ability to tolerate the vapor output from the majority of devices however pure and neutral the materials are.

It tends to be the better and superior vaporizers of the modern age with the highest vapour quality ironically which I reacts to adversely the most.

It's like an immune response of some sort. Not material or toxin related in any way.

Raf

Its complicated and I couldn't possibly explain it because I don't understand it and nobody does.

And just to be clear, I never said and I'm not saying or suggesting in any way I am allergic to the MV1.

More specifically I have insane and bizarre allergy problems which affect my ability to tolerate the vapor output from the majority of devices however pure and neutral the materials are.

It tends to be the better and superior vaporizers of the modern age with the highest vapour quality ironically which I reacts to adversely the most.

It's like an immune response of some sort. Not material or toxin related in any way.

If you rub some of whatever plant material being used on your skin does your skin turn red/itch? Does putting same in your mouth cause the roof of your mouth or ears to itch? If the answers to these questions are yes try running at a higher temperature

Otherwise it would seem like you're allergic to something in the vaporstream, even though the unnamed devices are expensive, doesn't mean they did a good job of airpath purity. If you get weird allergy effects using vriptech heat wand or steinel heat gun then I believe you about you are allergic to pure vapor.

Could also be that you're just allergic to the raw plant material and the high quality vaporizers are giving you some early session low temperature vaporization that contains the allergens

Edit: I like your comment to show support, I don't actually like that you have this crippling condition:shrug:

Last edited:

Alexis

If you rub some of whatever plant material being used on your skin does your skin turn red/itch? Does putting same in your mouth cause the roof of your mouth or ears to itch? If the answers to these questions are yes try running at a higher temperature

Otherwise it would seem like you're allergic to something in the vaporstream, even though the unnamed devices are expensive, doesn't mean they did a good job of airpath purity. If you get weird allergy effects using vriptech heat wand or steinel heat gun then I believe you about you are allergic to pure vapor.

Could also be that you're just allergic to the raw plant material and the high quality vaporizers are giving you some early session low temperature vaporization that contains the allergens

Edit: I like your comment to show support, I don't actually like that you have this crippling condition:shrug:
The whole point to my unusual situation is that this immune response is highly selective between different devices totally random me and I can tolerate one model very well but not the tiniest little hit from another one despite them having identical materials and almost identical performance and vapor production and effects.

Is a very complicated and unusual situation and it has been discussed many times on FC. But I'm not talking about just a flatline general intolerance and reaction to vapour or herb.

I'm talking about an unusual phenomenon whereby I experienced a remarkably variable level of intolerance type reaction to different vaporizer models despite the materials being identical and Performance being very similar between many of them.

I don't get that reaction when I rub her bum on me but I am reactive to all herbs medicinally cannabis is actually one of the only super medicinal herbs if not the only one I can tolerate well enough to get substantially more benefit from than suffering and complications which would make it unworthwhile overall.

Now although it could be argued that I am allergic to the herb itself and the Vapour it's not exactly an allergy it's just my immune system reacting to virtually everything especially medicinal herbs. It's more like an irritation and the response rather than an allergy as such although I do have a trillian thousand actual allergies or intolerances which are far worse than cannabis and I would not even consider enduring for one day.

And I'm only talking about everyday simple ingredients and household and food items and remedies drinks basically what all of you guys can see him on a daily basis virtually all of its I would have a problem with.

I do really appreciate your thoughtful suggestions and kind words thanks mate. :tup:

Edit- I cant tolerate the EVO at all. Pure glass and SS. Same with Glass Symphony, and G43.

All glass/quartz and minimal SS. But I can tolerate those exact materials in other vaporizers where I do not experience this resort amine reaction to.

Like the Elv8r. I can take ridiculously enormous hits one after the other and tolerate it very well but I can't take even the tiniest whisper hit on the vapexhale cloud Evo will glass symphony which have identical materials and airpaths.

I tolerate the woodscents log vaporizer very well but not the flowerpot one bit so the titanium is not the issue there either. There are lots of other examples as well.

Last edited:

shredder

It actually could be a lot things, like the herb itself, micro particulate in the vapor, the particular terpene, anything they may have been sprayed on the buds, fertilizer the plant took up, on and on.

Vapes can make a difference, but I doubt that much of one. A water pipe could help.

I have a slight allergy to marijuana. Especially certain terpenes, like the earthy or peppery types. Chem dog is the worst for me. Also I have asthma and hot vapor can bother me. And if I have a slight cold, or my allergies are bad, it compounds things.

I suggest you make a log, include herb type, terpenes associated with that herb, if it's organic or not and so on. After a while you may find patterns that may be helpful.

Alexis

It actually could be a lot things, like the herb itself, micro particulate in the vapor, the particular terpene, anything they may have been sprayed on the buds, fertilizer the plant took up, on and on.

Vapes can make a difference, but I doubt that much of one. A water pipe could help.

I have a slight allergy to marijuana. Especially certain terpenes, like the earthy or peppery types. Chem dog is the worst for me. Also I have asthma and hot vapor can bother me. And if I have a slight cold, or my allergies are bad, it compounds things.

I suggest you make a log, include herb type, terpenes associated with that herb, if it's organic or not and so on. After a while you may find patterns that may be helpful.
I am very allergic to all fertilisers. I cant use ANY weed from any source I lnow of in this world which I am not severely allergic to due to organic or chemical fertilisers.

I can only use our pwn homegrown autoflowers on a very basic organic compost mixture.

It isnt the herb Im talking about and you have missed the main point here.

I use the same herb always. Years now. I am allergic to the weed. Im allergic in some way to almost all things. I just live with it and manage the best I can.

The point is, same herb, 2 very similar vaporizers in a performance, vapor density, extraction, potency sense- one I can tolerate as well as any device. Huge hits. Typical baseline allerfgic reaction to the herb itself. Always 100% uniform and consisitent.

The other device, identical materials (eg glass, SS), I cannot tolerate any vapor from it without a very severe intolerable alllergic response.

Like invisible hits and there is an immune type response with my respiratory system.

And the similar model I can use, huge lung busters and no such reaction.

It is very selective and random and unpredictable. Like I say its compIicated and unusual. But it is not the herb or anything in the herb I am talking about.

It is genuinely an unecessary selective immune response to the different vapor output and exact structure or whatever, between different vaporizers. It is effectively the vapor signature I am reacting to.

Something we are still a long way from understanding makes the vapor a different substance in some way, from different models.

My immune system tends to overreact to most things.

I use water exclusively and have vaped since 1999. But these problems developed in 2005 with the contraction and onset of full-blown Lyme disease which turned everything in my life upside down and back to front and things have never been the same since and I doubt ever will.

Last edited:
Alexis,

SquirrelMaster

Let me ask it another way. Anyone here try the Splinter Z v2? Why is the Ghost (or is the Ghost) better?

I wouldn't say it's better necessarily although my MV1 does see more usage. The Ghost has hands down smoother vapour. Even with the Kooling Kit the Ghost is still ahead. That smooth vapour comes a slight cost to flavour but again, it's incredibly smooth. I prefer the crucible system most of the time but the Z is very easy to load/unload and clean. The Z was more work for me to get set up with TCR where as the MV1 was easy. Both require adjusting your draw strength but the MV1 is more fool proof. The Z has the advantage of choosing your mod and user replaceable non-proprietary batteries. The MV1 is my go to vape when I leave the house because I can swap crucibles easily and it's pretty easy to palm and not make it known your vaping. At least if you have a Stealth Black edition.

They're both good vapes but the MV1 is more refined compared to the raw nature of the Z.

cosimo

Today I discovered how truly better it is to pack the crucibles as loosely as possible despite packing less... it feels so strange to pack less yet to get such big clouds and more flavor than before! Completely in love with my unit! Now looking for a nice case to carry it around.

I am very allergic to all fertilisers. I cant use ANY weed from any source I lnow of in this world which I am not severely allergic to due to organic or chemical fertilisers.

I can only use our pwn homegrown autoflowers on a very basic organic compost mixture.

This is so interesting... and cool that you managed to find a mix that worked. Would love to try that mix out in my garden ;) .

Last edited:

Dopeydiver

Today I discovered how truly better it is to pack the crucibles loosely... it feels so strange to pack less yet get such big clouds and more flavor than before! Completely in love with my unit! Now looking for a nice case to carry it around.

1575958228&sprefix=Glycon+,aps,209&sr=8-3-spell

Dopeydiver states:

I find that it works best to fill the crucible, then tap the side to let it settle, and then top it off. I do not pack it at all, but fill it. Using this method, I have been getting lots of hits off a single crucible on one amber light, followed by hits moving up the temp slowly. Over the weekend, even used the same crucible on two nights with a nice medicated feel both nights.

As for the case, I just purchased a Glcon case from Amazon for $8.99 that fits the MV1 and a crucible holder with accessories quite well. It has a nice protective shell and looks great too.
It can be found at:

https://www.amazon.com/External-Har...75958228&sprefix=Glycon+,aps,209&sr=8-3-spell

Last edited:

Mommyjmj

Dopeydiver states:

I find that it works best to fill the crucible, then tap the side to let it settle, and then top it off. I do not pack it at all, but fill it. Using this method, I have been getting lots of hits off a single crucible on one amber light, followed by hits moving up the temp slowly. Over the weekend, even used the same crucible on two nights with a nice medicated feel both nights.

As for the case, I just purchased a Glcon case from Amazon for $8.99 that fits the MV1 and a crucible holder with accessories quite well. It has a nice protective shell and looks great too.
It can be found at:

https://www.amazon.com/External-Hard-Drive-Case-Shockproof/dp/B07GF3BTJ5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WOMQA3445ZDS&keywords=glycon+case&qid=1575958228&sprefix=Glycon+,aps,209&sr=8-3-spell

Thanks for link to the case! This is exactly what I've been looking for!!! Going to get one! My MV1 is finally getting delivered today!

Tombudster

Dopeydiver states:

It can be found at:

https://www.amazon.com/External-Hard-Drive-Case-Shockproof/dp/B07GF3BTJ5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=WOMQA3445ZDS&keywords=glycon+case&qid=1575958228&sprefix=Glycon+,aps,209&sr=8-3-spell

This is the method I've used since I got mine last week, all based on your recommendation. I can vouch for this being the best method, and I get very even ABV out of this. It really is simple to pack as long as you follow the tapping method.

Tombudster,

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
...when I leave the house because I can swap crucibles easily and it's pretty easy to palm and not make it known your vaping. At least if you have a Stealth Black edition.

Dude, you should change your hande to Houdini if you can palm an MV1 !
:lol::leaf:

mod note: edited to move content outside of quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom