Discontinued Ghost MV1

Djsleepy

That’ll have to wait unfortunately. Puffitup and sneakypetevapes are out of stock. No biggie. I got 4 crucible dispensers I’m using at the moment.

I got mine directly from Jyarz ....I put it in my cart and left page up and opened another tab to do work came back to my email and had mysteriously rec'd a 15% off coupon...with coupon and shipping cost was $25.00....code is JYARZ-15 ...hope it helps......

@JayPizzle please.come back once you get both and give.us your review....I'm waiting on my caddy then I'm smell free..hehehe

Last edited:

JayPizzle

I got mine directly from Jyarz ....I put it in my cart and left page up and opened another tab to do work came back to my email and had mysteriously rec'd a 15% off coupon...with coupon and shipping cost was $25.00....code is JYARZ-15 ...hope it helps......

@JayPizzle please.come back once you get both and give.us your review....I'm waiting on my caddy then I'm smell free..hehehe
Ordered it. TYSM!

SquirrelMaster

Here is the wifes equipment, she's a fan of pink\rose as you can see.

28bsdxe.jpg

This is my first try at posting an image here, excuse all the edits. As you can see the Iphone is a true rose color where the Ghost is more of a copper.

Everytime I see it all I can think is

@Djsleepy Yeah I'm light weight haha.

SquirrelMaster,

legalizeRO

Please read this as what am I doing wrong.

I got the MV1 2 weeks ago but I didn't have time to post.
I charged it full when I got it, than made the update, than vaped, sort of.

I know this is on demand so I ran the application again and set the device to 220 (max.)
The first vape has flavor, and can barely be called decent.
The second one can barely be called a whisp.
I can feel something on the 3rd one, but nothing visible.
I even tried rotating the crucible. I think my unit doesn't reach the correct temperature.

It also has a ridiculously small crucible. I can definitely see this unit shelved without a crucible dispenser, which are nowhere to find in Europe.

Coming from a Boundless CFX, which I now fell back in love with...
I also have the Plenty and the FlowerPot, and I can't go back to lower quality. You know how it is...
Here is the AVB of the Plenty, MV1 and Boundless:

https://imgur.com/eSJ3zr8

legalizeRO,

SquirrelMaster

Please read this as what am I doing wrong.

I got the MV1 2 weeks ago but I didn't have time to post.
I charged it full when I got it, than made the update, than vaped, sort of.

I know this is on demand so I ran the application again and set the device to 220 (max.)
The first vape has flavor, and can barely be called decent.
The second one can barely be called a whisp.
I can feel something on the 3rd one, but nothing visible.
I even tried rotating the crucible. I think my unit doesn't reach the correct temperature.

It also has a ridiculously small crucible. I can definitely see this unit shelved without a crucible dispenser, which are nowhere to find in Europe.

Coming from a Boundless CFX, which I now fell back in love with...
I also have the Plenty and the FlowerPot, and I can't go back to lower quality. You know how it is...
Here is the AVB of the Plenty, MV1 and Boundless:

https://imgur.com/eSJ3zr8

That does sounds like a weak heater. If I go straight to 220 and my pack or technique is off the worst that happens is my AVB comes out very uneven but I'm "usually" exhaling big clouds by the second or third draw.

Here are a few tips, you may already be doing some/all of.
-When you load your crucible don't pack it down. I keep mine very "light" by tapping the side of the crucible as I load so there aren't any air pockets and anything above the top of the crucible gets taken off. I find a medium grind works the best for the most part. Fine and coarse work well too but start with medium if you have the choice IMO.

When you're drawing is the stem extended until it "clicks" in the heat sink? Is your draw speed slow enough? I have to slow my draw way down compared to most of my other vapes. You can push the mouthpiece in a little to add some resistance if that helps. I love the free flowing feel of it totally open so I have learned to adjust my draw speed. My door gets hot during use this way which is how I know it's working. Crucibles should be scorching hot when you finish a session (they cool quick though, I blow on them with the door open to speed things up). If I draw too fast the heater can't keep up and my hits are wispy and meh. The outside of unit is barely warm and I can easily handle a spent crucible. I also get tunnelling (center cooked more then edges) if I draw to fast.

I keep my herb with 62% Boveda packs and I find it needs to dry out a little for best results as well. Some strains are worse than others for some reason.

Those are the most obvious things I can think of after rolling out of bed.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: legalizeRO

legalizeRO

I tried short and full extended drip tip, and I can feel the differences, but nothing helps my problem.
I think there's "fake" air as you extend it, so I keep it as closed as possible.
I tried a lightish tapped bowl, and I'll try a very light bowl, but now I just had a Plenty session and I feel very very good.

This unit has TC (temperature control), it shouldn't matter the draw speed. If you start the draw just before the second buzz, the unit doesn't have time to take a brake. Constant everything.
It should matter only if you draw like there's no tomorrow.

I'll try a very slow draw, but that was the selling point for me. Good airflow and speed on demand.
I still have the feeling you don't have to struggle with slow draw, or this unit really needs 225 °C.
Somewhere within the design there's a 5 °C loss, even if the thermostat "reads" the temperature correctly.
Anyone else feels the same way about this?
Or my unit is faulty of course ...

What temperature has the concentrate setting ?
Maybe I can pulse it and use it like that.

SquirrelMaster

I tried short and full extended drip tip, and I can feel the differences, but nothing helps my problem.
I think there's "fake" air as you extend it, so I keep it as closed as possible.
I tried a lightish tapped bowl, and I'll try a very light bowl, but now I just had a Plenty session and I feel very very good.

This unit has TC (temperature control), it shouldn't matter the draw speed. If you start the draw just before the second buzz, the unit doesn't have time to take a brake. Constant everything.
It should matter only if you draw like there's no tomorrow.

I'll try a very slow draw, but that was the selling point for me. Good airflow and speed on demand.
I still have the feeling you don't have to struggle with slow draw, or this unit really needs 225 °C.
Somewhere within the design there's a 5 °C loss, even if the thermostat "reads" the temperature correctly.
Anyone else feels the same way about this?
Or my unit is faulty of course ...

What temperature has the concentrate setting ?
Maybe I can pulse it and use it like that.

I almost forgot, did you check your heat sink for leaks? Remove it from the unit and when covering the bottom with your hand if you suck on the mouthpiece there shouldn't be any air leaking through.

The unit does have TC as you say but that's what I find works best for me. Maybe my draw isn't that slow but I think it is. It's hard because I think it's subjective as to what is fast or slow without a something to actually measure it.

Concentrate mode is Red 3 lights but Ghost recommends against this for herb. I'm not sure the reasoning why.

Virgil from Ghost gave me this info before, you could give it a try as well.

+MANUAL CALIBRATION
Manual calibration directly affects the temperatures - it’s intended to dial heat up or down particularly on the settings that aren’t adjustable via the app (ie everything apart from 1Red and 2Red). The change is about 8% up/down depending on whether the user selects the higher or lower setting.

TO POWER UP
* From sleep mode, triple click both buttons (mode and vape) simultaneously.
* A single amber LED will flash in the middle of the light pipe.
* Press the mode button until the left LED is red
* Wait until the LED goes out and settings are now saved

TO POWER DOWN
* Press the mode button until the right LED is green

TO RETURN TO DEFAULT SETTINGS
* Press the mode button until the middle LED is amber

SquirrelMaster,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes.

@legalizeRO - Check that seal first, since no amount of troubleshooting will help if that's the issue, but it's been a while since that was a problem out of the box. Save those calibration tips for last, imo.

I have this vision of you packing a bowl, setting the temp to the highest setting, and huffing on it as hard as you can, only to get nothing. If that's accurate, drop the temp to level 3 and slow your draw, and see what you get there. On all of my on-demand convection portables, if I hit them the way I think you're doing it, they don't work that well. That much heat, that quickly, seems to sets things in place, and the air takes one route that overcooks what it touches, leaving the rest green. Your Plenty has a good amount of conduction from the start, for a more even cook. Any help from the Ghost crucible as a heat sink doesn't kick in until a few draws later.

Every convection vape has its own sweet spot for draw speed. Most vapes try to force you into their speed. One selling point on the Ghost is that the air flow is wide open, so you never feel like you're working for it...but it still has a sweet spot. This luxury allows you to find that sweet spot, at whatever resistance you like, without restricting your lungs. I think the MV1 hits the thickest with the mouthpiece choked in as far as I can comfortably set it. Once you get the feel of this draw speed, you can pull the mouthpiece out and hit that same draw speed without the resistance, and that's when the comfort kicks in.

I hope this helps!

kiddvudu2

Thanks @Summer ... LOL...I'm 50 I haven't stayed up 24 hours straight in a long time....so I've got about 15 hours so 3-4 hour should work.....

Are you still out there sleepy? that is one hell of a feat you're trying to pull off! Rock on brother! I'm sure I would be face down in a bowl of soup after about 15 crucibles! Ha.

Happy independence day! Happy bday as well!

Peese!

Trulukkyphrank

A question for stealth users: Does there coating also peel off on the inside of the crucible holder aka swing arm?

I think it's a great device, but it seems like the ''coating'' for the stealth black is not done correct. If anodized it shouldn't peel off or maybe it's another method? Anyways it shouldn't peel off under normal usage is my opinion

Trulukkyphrank,
Top Bottom