Discontinued Ghost MV1

martinstraka8282

I have never felt the need to stir. The abv is uniform enough that I just can’t imagine screwing with a hot crucible provides enough value for the effort. Yes, I’m a lazy vaper but...seriously...that abv seems toasty enough.

And, I’ll chime in again about the amazing quality of Ghost customer service. Every time the topic comes up here,I think about Grasshopper Labs and the Elevape folks and just shake my head. Ghost rocks it.
I agree. I have stirred at the end and find at most i get one or two underwhelming hits. Just not worth it for me.

lamedroid

lamert
Hi. I received my mv1 yesterday and so far I'm quite dissapointed. I read the manual, the website and watched the videos. Charged the battery to full before use. I'm not inexperienced with vapes.

Vapor production is bad (4 or 5 it's good but the taste....), my product is getting unevenly heated and taste is bad. I only get some terpy flavor at amber 1 and the third draw at amber 2 gives a toasty/popcorn taste already.

I've tried various pull speeds and shorter or longer draws. But it seems to get too hot way too quickly so I think a long straw an d quick pull would be the best?

Am I doing something wrong or does this sound like a faulty unit?

5TgtvTd

lamedroid,
Reactions: arb

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

Hi. I received my mv1 yesterday and so far I'm quite dissapointed. I read the manual, the website and watched the videos. Charged the battery to full before use. I'm not inexperienced with vapes.

Vapor production is bad (4 or 5 it's good but the taste....), my product is getting unevenly heated and taste is bad. I only get some terpy flavor at amber 1 and the third draw at amber 2 gives a toasty/popcorn taste already.

I've tried various pull speeds and shorter or longer draws. But it seems to get too hot way too quickly so I think a long straw an d quick pull would be the best?

5TgtvTd

Porpcorn on 2? I think your fastest path to success is to start a ticket with Ghost. Their CS is top notch and thorough. They probably won't answer until tomorrow.

In the meantime, I normally associate tunneling (charring through the load in one spot) with too fast of a draw on a properly functioning vape. It's possible you're drawing too fast on level 1 for any vapor, and by the time you're on 2 the heat has built up too much and you get some tunneling, but that's just speculation at this point. I think you should try to push the mouthpiece in and slow your draw and see if that works while you wait for a response.

Brewervapesalot

5TgtvTd

Start a ticket. Try updating and/or resetting the firmware via the app. Read how to pack crucible in this forum. Use good, properly dried, weed. Make sure heatsink is together correctly and tightly in place. If nothing, dont stress, Ghost will likely send u a new unit before they even get that one back.

Summer

Long Island, NY
This was posted over on VLF.

https://www.tothecloudvaporstore.com/product/ghost-mv1-for-sale/

"We do have the new Ghost MV1 stealth in stock but as far as for used I think all the used at the moment are the older models. With the used vapes, they come in and we clean them up , test them, but on new screens and mouthpieces where applicable and then box em up ready to go so I don't know which ones are older models and which ones are newer, just know they are all great working units, fully tested, disinfected and cleaned.

The new ones on the other hand are all updated models. For Black Friday were doing the free fast charger, aerospaced grinder, crucible dispenser with the purchase of the new Ghost MV1 ( not refurbished ones) To help alleviate traffic jams if you guys want to reach out and pick it up before the official start date happy to do so.

Also want to clear up that all Ghost MV1s are newer models and have all undergone the same updates as the Stealth Black one

https://www.tothecloudvaporstore.com/new-ghost-mv1-stealth-black/

Any questions , shoot em my way. Thanks guys

Tyler"

dodgy_b

Soooo the high pitch squeal when depressing the vape button?

Been using my new Stealth version for about 12 days and it started with the squeal (not the audible vibrations) last night. Has never made that sound since purchasing? Did a search here on FC and it seems it was complaint back near the initial MV1 roll out.

Should this still be a common occurence with the current units? Is it a sign that something else is affecting performance?

Thanks!

dodgy_b,

martinstraka8282

Soooo the high pitch squeal when depressing the vape button?

Been using my new Stealth version for about 12 days and it started with the squeal (not the audible vibrations) last night. Has never made that sound since purchasing? Did a search here on FC and it seems it was complaint back near the initial MV1 roll out.

Should this still be a common occurence with the current units? Is it a sign that something else is affecting performance?

Thanks!
Mine has made that sound from day 1. It was apparently louder in the past, but they've reduced the noise somewhat.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: dodgy_b

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual, impartial information on Ghost products, but won't blame you one bit if you think I am biased towards this company.

There are rumors of a stealth mode.

I think the noise varies slightly from unit to unit. I have four here, and the newest one is the quietest, but still makes noise.

dodgy_b

Same here...noisy and the leds are way too bright at night for me. But I read a night mode is coming?

There are rumors of a stealth mode.

Yeah this would be great!

I'm a late night, post young kids in bed, on the couch, lights dim, user. The super bright led's and squealing noise isn't exactly chill for relaxing but the MV1's performance certainly is!

skyvaper

In my experience with this vape the battery can be the culprit for increased noise. I have 4 or 5 batteries and I noticed one battery out of the four makes the noise more audible. This was the case with another battery that I had and sent back so they could investigate a while back. The lights can be bright and I hope with a future update they allow them to be dimmed or completely turned off.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@AJS, solid review.

1) when you insert the battery you are in sleep mode. You have to press & hold the button until the battery lights appear, which will be 1 - 3 lights depending on battery level, to go from sleep to standby mode. Then once in standby mode, you have to press the button 3x to turn the unit on.

When the battery is out of sleep mode, even when the unit is turned off, it is in standby mode. In this mode, the battery will deplete because the vape is constantly searching for bluetooth connectivity with the app. What I & others do is to remove the battery because it will last for weeks (last count 4 weeks before I used the battery again) without any depletion. What I recently heard & am trying out is: after you are done using the vape, remove & reinsert the battery leaving it in sleep mode with will also supposedly prevent bluetooth app searching. I'm on day 4 with this method & so far no further depletion.

2) the initial heat-up is about 13 seconds & then successive heat-ups is like 3 seconds since the unit is already warm. Then the draw time is up to 15 seconds. Users draw from 8 - 15 sec. I draw from 12 - 15 sec.

3) try pulling the stem out further & see if you have less of a draw resistance. Since your stem appears tight I assume you have a glass stem & not the newer plastic ones.

4) I tried stickstones stepping method. It works really well:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ghost-mv1.25299/page-102#post-1324372

I skip level 2 & finish on level 4.

5) level 6 (or rather 3 red) is concentrate mode. I have not used it, but the heating cycle time is different from what I hear. Randy from PIU doesn't use the Ghost for concentrates as he thinks there are better dedicated concentrate vapes for, well, concentrates. :)

6) Charges in about 2-1/2 hours depending on battery level.

7) the new Ghosts with the latest firmware produces even more vapor & the battery lasts longer.

If you have the vape, an extra battery, the fast charger, the crucible holder which comes with 5 crucibles (& 1 with the vape), a stirrer, a grinder, a travel case & herb, you have everything most users will ever need. If you want go for broke, throw in an extra heat sink assembly for cleaning convenience. And don't forget you get a 5 year warranty & excellent CS.

This here is a fabulous deal:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/black-friday-vape-sales.11439/page-3#post-1326239

@ghostvapesofficial, or anyone else, if I got anything wrong above, please do correct me. :)

@stickstones, a special request: Could you please put your disclaimer at the end of your post, even if you have to bold it so it's noticeable? Do you know what a pain it is searching for specific posts of yours when they all begin with the same disclaimer in the search page. :doh:

"Disclaimer: My wife works for Ghost Vapes. Take that into consideration when reading my posts in this thread. I will attempt to present factual,...
Post by: stickstones, Wednesday at 5:20 PM in forum: Portable Vaporizers"

Last edited:

fatbiker

Was a new firmware recently released? My MV1 tried to update tonight. I canceled the update until I did some research.

fatbiker,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
While not quite as cheap as the bundle available in the US, @VapeFiend.com have put their black friday deal up.
They're asking £265.49 for the MV1, a crucible dispenser and the fast charger.
29mkm50.png

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/ghost-mv1-vaporizer

While I don't really need a portable at the moment, I couldn't resist and I've ordered one :p
Should be here tomorrow

p.s. don't forget the 420 code too for an extra £10 saving ;)

[edit] Despatched already, nice one @VapeFiend.com

Last edited:

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey FC members! Here is our Black Friday Event!

2gx2u5x.jpg

You will receive a FREE Charger & Crucible Dispenser (worth $90) when you purchase the "MV1 Black Friday Deal".

Click here to take advantage of this promotion. :D

Happy Holidays!

Nerissa :)

Last edited:

Alexis

When the battery is out of sleep mode, even when the unit is turned off, it is in standby mode. In this mode, the battery will deplete because the vape is constantly searching for bluetooth connectivity with the app.
So does this mean that at all times while the mv1 is operational it is effectively emmitting EMF Fields like any other wireless device? I know we are so heavily saturated in this toxic energy nowadays which is increasing exponentially by the day and it is so under recognised and acknowledged for the serious health hazard it is becoming.

There isn't much getting away from it these days but you can take measures like not having mobiles and tablets and electrical appliances in your bedroom while you sleep at night and switching off Wi-Fi and plug sockets etc.

But I have always liked the idea of my vaporizer not being an EMF producing device and when I first heard about the Firefly 2 with its wireless app connectivity requirements if you want to change temperature settings this immediately put me off it.

I can live with it because I badly want to give this vape I go and see if I can tolerate it. And if removing the battery basically disables the Bluetooth feature then at least I know I can always use that option when the vaporizer is not in use to just cut out a little bit on the electrosmog toxicity.

Of course none of this might apply here or perhaps not as I am picturing.

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom