Ghost MV-1 Speculation and Shipping Thread

Mr. Me2

Regarding its appearance, I'll vote for I think I like it. I'd like to see more images before I make my final vote. But I think it does have a Star Trek vibe, which is fine by me.

And I'm a form AND function guy. I love a beautiful aesthetic. For me, that's one of the negatives of the Mighty/Crafty - too utilitarian.

Just thought I'd weigh in, because there seemed to be only no votes on appearance.

I'm REALLY hoping this is an A class convection vape that has great flavor, doesn't require stirring, easy maintenance, ...what am I missing?

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Regarding its appearance, I'll vote for I think I like it. I'd like to see more images before I make my final vote. But I think it does have a Star Trek vibe, which is fine by me.

And I'm a form AND function guy. I love a beautiful aesthetic. For me, that's one of the negatives of the Mighty/Crafty - too utilitarian.

Just thought I'd weigh in, because there seemed to be only no votes on appearance.

I'm REALLY hoping this is an A class convection vape that has great flavor, doesn't require stirring, easy maintenance, ...what am I missing?
I'm with you @Mr. Me2. If this thing is a GH connected to dual 18650's then it'll be even more beautiful!:science: Phasers set to stun Jim.:brow:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Agreed, @eaglesgift. I'm disappointed by the trend in technology where these smartphone-obsessed "idea guys" design products around needing to use a phone in order to gain control. Not only does that strike me as counter-intuitive in terms of having to fiddle with two devices, but I feel like it's incredibly unfair for people who ONLY own a cellphone (which is incapable of running apps) so that they have a way of being contacted. Innovation isn't about making already-available "advanced" technology be a pass-through for another device. It reminds me of the dilution of web-based content that desktop users have been facing due to the sweeping popularity of mobile devices.

ohmygodimsohigh

I like it! Looks very promising vapor-wise and I don't mind the size for such promised performance.
Except the colors... Who wants a fingerprint magnet, right? Trump might like it as is... :lol::lol:

Agreed.
There is a matte silver one
ghost-vape-mv1-colors-1024x587.png

MoltenTiger

I can't believe you guys are bagging on the appearance of this thing, when the manufacturer themselves claims it's beautiful!

Personally I'm not impressed by the 40 parts... I'm of the design philosophy that less is more but who knows, maybe this is the one.
But it's soooo ugly

Lol it probably looks much, much better in person (esp. the renders aren't using great lighting effects), but IMO the design language follows the logo..

It's not something I'd like to be seen using in public to be honest.
I'd say the same for a lot of vapes too though.

Evidently it is bluetooth/app enabled. If I can't adjust everything from the device without using a phone app, I am not interested.
This absolutely, what is the point of having remote access to a big bastard like this chunka.
I'd prefer a lower price to features that are in a lot of ways purely a gimmick.

If the user can access remote diagnostics, maybe that'd be interesting but I'm perfectly fine with not having to worry about that and leaving it to the developers..

Great push for the industry, but I'm keen to watch the market react and wouldn't settle yet.

Prolusio

Personally I kind of dig how the Ghost looks (other than fingerprints, didn't consider that...). It's definitely unique! I'm tired of all these black rectangles, bring on the spaceship I say!

I think how this vape feels in hand is going to be a big determiner for me though.. if something that large and shiney is too lightweight, has poor tolerances on the body... it's gonna feel like a kids toy. If it has some density and everything fits right I think that'll add a lot to the vape. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

One thing I wonder about bluetooth (maybe an IQ owner can comment..) is does that vaping device stay visible to any person with bluetooth? Like if I have the Ghost stashed in my bag or am walking down the street, and someone tried to connect to bluetooth with their phone; will they see "Ghost Mv-1" appear on their device list?

MoltenTiger

One thing I wonder about bluetooth (maybe an IQ owner can comment..) is does that vaping device stay visible to any person with bluetooth? Like if I have the Ghost stashed in my bag or am walking down the street, and someone tried to connect to bluetooth with their phone; will they see "Ghost Mv-1" appear on their device list?
Interesting question, if that's the case it sure seems like a good use of battery power!
Bluetooth is very efficient nowadays at least, but I can't help but think it would be better if the feature didn't become the norm

Baron23

Absolute ugly as sin. It would have to be unparalleled in performance to overcome its hideous appearance.

Not pocketable/portable.

Evidently it is bluetooth/app enabled. If I can't adjust everything from the device without using a phone app, I am not interested.
I 'thought' I heard that the app is not needed for full operation. I believe it is needed for adjusting the pre-set temps but that's more of a 'settings' type function than normal operation. Of course, I have never seen one and am always skeptical of claims until its in the hands of rank and file vaporists.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I think this thing simply looks like a rocket portion (middle section) and booster section (battery pack/ sides). Colors are personal preferance of course. I'm not in to "pretty" when I vape (not interested if people watching like looking at what I put in my mouth:D) more of a function type guy. This vape looks super ergonomic, no?:shrug: With the release of the solo2 and its 17+ uses big batts are the new bench mark imo. Of course this is not for everyone. Some people like the vapcap better?:2c:

Just Justin

I've got high hopes for the MV1! Really hoping this device is more medical grade than most vapes out that feel like toys.

I'm still all in, even if it is a bit big and weird looking, as long as it performs with those sweet features. On-demand convection, with a pod system, removable battery, dual use, and wide temp control is my dream vape as long as it is also built well, preferably with some metal.

Really excited to see more!

namasteIII

If anyone else feels like being as geeky as I, I gathered screenshots from the video and put them together in a little gallery for easier repeat viewing.
http://420vapezone.com/ghost-mv-1-vape/

I initially didn't care for the shape, but after studying the images for a while I think it might be pleasantly ergonomic.
I agree it does look to fit nice in his hand, Excited about this one, and Dan Morrisons New vape, both look like a step up in the instant on convection game.

Mr. Me2

If anyone else feels like being as geeky as I, I gathered screenshots from the video and put them together in a little gallery for easier repeat viewing.
http://420vapezone.com/ghost-mv-1-vape/

I initially didn't care for the shape, but after studying the images for a while I think it might be pleasantly ergonomic.
Thanks so much for that!

Seeing a freeze frame of the pod makes me hope they also sell pod packs. Then we can ask @Ratchett to make a multi-pod holder and maybe a sweet leather case to hold the vape and pods. Or maybe @phattpiggie or @Winegums could make a wooden pod holder...

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Looking at the vaporpath is seems there are narrows turns, I wonder how long before vaporpath get clogged with reclaim affecting draw.

Otherwise it looks very promising

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke
Top Bottom