• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gel capsules

shredder

I’ve never tried just using straight decarbed flower powdered up. I’ve always been curious about it though cause it’s so simple.

I tried for you, lol. It works, but the effects took two hours and faded fast. Oil and lecithin make a big difference IMHO.

On powders, their best feature is how fast they work. For me in 15-20 minutes. I think it's because the maltodextrin is a carb that's digested fast. Oil in coffee works fast for me as well.

On weed taste. Feco and rso have the least taste imo. Decarbed sift hash isn't terrible either.

I make chocolate bars using silicone molds and use feco and a little sweet orange oil in the chocolate. Both chocolate and orange oil help hide the taste. All bets are off as you go over 200mg per bar though. And the chocolate I use, bars from Aldi's, already has lecithin in it.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I tried for you, lol. It works, but the effects took two hours and faded fast. Oil and lecithin make a big difference IMHO.

On powders, their best feature is how fast they work. For me in 15-20 minutes. I think it's because the maltodextrin is a carb that's digested fast. Oil in coffee works fast for me as well.

On weed taste. Feco and rso have the least taste imo. Decarbed sift hash isn't terrible either.

I make chocolate bars using silicone molds and use feco and a little sweet orange oil in the chocolate. Both chocolate and orange oil help hide the taste. All bets are off as you go over 200mg per bar though. And the chocolate I use, bars from Aldi's, already has lecithin in it.

One of the best edible experiences I ever had was blending an infused chocolate bar into vanilla ice cream for a milkshake. Flavor was easy to get down too.
I can't even remember the last time I was that stoned. :lol:

I should try the maltodextrin for absorption, ever since I tried nano gummies I've been wanting something like that in the arsenal that kicks in fast.

Is the medical maltodextrin fully granular? I like the idea of a "dry mix" you could mix into all sorts of bases.

shredder

One of the best edible experiences I ever had was blending an infused chocolate bar into vanilla ice cream for a milkshake. Flavor was easy to get down too.
I can't even remember the last time I was that stoned. :lol:

I should try the maltodextrin for absorption, ever since I tried nano gummies I've been wanting something like that in the arsenal that kicks in fast.

Is the medical maltodextrin fully granular? I like the idea of a "dry mix" you could mix into all sorts of bases.

There are several types of maltodextrin, you want tapioca maltodextrin. It's a super light powder.

I mix in feco, lecithin and mct oil. At about 1/4 oil to powder (volume not weight) then add more powder as needed.

I mix with a fork I found a whisk gets gunked up fast, then when it's mixed well, I force it through a colander with a spoon.

Depending on your ratios it's a heavier powder. In coffee it disappears instantly.

My two favorite ways to use it is by the spoonful followed by a drink of something.
I keep mine in our liquor cabinet and usually chase it with baileys. (Don't tell my wife, it's her Bailey's, lol) It doesn't taste bad, but there is a weed aftertaste. Or in a homemade shake with berries or frozen bananas or something of the like.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My question has to do with the comments about decarbing concentrate at 300+F for over ah hour. I thought the decarbing process was in the 240-250F range and for less than an hour for both flower and concentrates. So I've been decarbing too little? I have started using shatter to make small batches of gummies and soon to try chocolate.

shredder

My question has to do with the comments about decarbing concentrate at 300+F for over ah hour. I thought the decarbing process was in the 240-250F range and for less than an hour for both flower and concentrates. So I've been decarbing too little? I have started using shatter to make small batches of gummies and soon to try chocolate.

No, your right 40 minutes at 240F is what's recommended.

I decarbed feco at 305F for one hour to make CBN. Thc will degrade and make CBN. This was a first attempt experiment. My testing was by injesting.

As it turned out the capsules are quite a bit different from any other I've made. It's a narcotic type effect.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

No, your right 40 minutes at 240F is what's recommended.

I decarbed feco at 305F for one hour to make CBN. Thc will degrade and make CBN. This was a first attempt experiment. My testing was by injesting.

As it turned out the capsules are quite a bit different from any other I've made. It's a narcotic type effect.
Got it, thanks.

I have noticed that most edibles I've tried are great for sleeping and that couchlocked feeling. I bought some sativa based shatter recently to see if I can make edibles that might be more daytime medicine. I have a little decarb device with a 250F setting and I've let it run for 45-50 minutes to decarb about 1g at a time. I figure it needs a few minutes to get up to temp as I place a small pyrex beaker in there. I understand the more decarb time (and temp) the more sedative the effects.

Shadooz

I’ve never tried just using straight decarbed flower powdered up. I’ve always been curious about it though cause it’s so simple.
Compared to eating raw ABV, what i've mostly done...
ABV is low concentrated. I need 10 caps of 000, not a small amount... (my ABV getting a bit weaker recently (further extraction + CBD cut).)

But U would need +15 of my ABV caps, or +20(+∞?) from your ABV....

Only decarbed flower, though, are strong enough, and good tasting (not all :rofl: ), to simply cook on the go.

As i only want to make edible/caps with my ABV and Trims/shakes. Tincture seems the way to go to concentrate.
But still lot of specific stuff to buy and time needed :rofl::cry:

Was afraid ABV, not so green (dragon), tincture would be awfull to take. But make it sugar, and even caps it, would avoid any repellency. Oil is too messy and harder to concentrate. Can't be really pre-caps.
@shredder U tempt me to try, but i like my cave :rofl:
And spirytus is expensive...

shredder

As i only want to make edible/caps with my ABV and Trims/shakes. Tincture seems the way to go to concentrate.

When I vaped herb and had accumulated a jar of abv I made oil from it, and then capsules. The oil worked absolutely great for sleep.

I've been trying to replicate that ever since. Such as baking feco at 305°F for an hour that I documented here.

Those capsules get us super high, (50mg) but still not great for sleep. We have used them for about a week now.

For me, I'm a couch locked zombie, but my mind is in high gear and won't slow down. Plus I'm high when I wake up.

Today I'm decarbing sift hash (super silver haze) 3 cycles in our Nova fx and trying that for sleep capsules.

Super silver haze is sativa dominant, but it has a fairly high THC level and since I want thc to degrade anyway I think and hope it will work.

I'll post the results after trying these new capsules a few nights.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

You might try a MCT tincture, very popular here from the science based companies as Ethanol is expensive here too.

You just infuse your goods into that and filter out the solids. I've done ABV caps that way, It's just easier using concentrates and not having to sieve though!

Decided to do some XXXtra strength ones this time around as well, just for fun of course :D
I think they are around 500mg a piece.......... :wave:

Shadooz

You might try a MCT tincture, very popular here from the science based companies as Ethanol is expensive here too.

You just infuse your goods into that and filter out the solids. I've done ABV caps that way, It's just easier using concentrates and not having to sieve though!

Decided to do some XXXtra strength ones this time around as well, just for fun of course :D
How mct oil infusion can be called tincture ? And how it would be really different from olive oil ?

Ethanol seems easy to evaporate, and so to over concentrate. For concentrate mct oil, u can only do many bath of lot of abv ?

Oil is messy,..
green/golden to sugar seems not. And so easier to store, and use. caps filling, or just as a "teq paf shooter". I Don't know how abv dragon tastes, but if it's awfull, the old salt then dragon shooter then citrus (or sugar on citrus, and bite) :) was and still the way to swallow awfull tequila :rofl:

Mct oil + lecithin + maltodextrin will be as expensive as spyritus + sugar... hard to choose

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

For me, I'm a couch locked zombie, but my mind is in high gear and won't slow down. Plus I'm high when I wake up.
Similar here. I'm up because my mind is racing, usually ruminating. I get the first few hours of deep sleep but wake early every night. Fucking sucks. Taking 20mg puts me to sleep nicely, but I need some type of cannabis time release capsule. I've tried vaping to get back to sleep, but it doesn't do the trick.

There is also a fine line between vaping at night to try and fall asleep and staying up all night vaping weed. Especially if you have to go to work in the morning.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How mct oil infusion can be called tincture ? And how it would be really different from olive oil ?

Ethanol seems easy to evaporate, and so to over concentrate. For concentrate mct oil, u can only do many bath of lot of abv ?

Oil is messy,..
green/golden to sugar seems not. And so easier to store, and use. caps filling, or just as a "teq paf shooter". I Don't know how abv dragon tastes, but if it's awfull, the old salt then dragon shooter then citrus (or sugar on citrus, and bite) :) was and still the way to swallow awfull tequila :rofl:

Mct oil + lecithin + maltodextrin will be as expensive as spyritus + sugar... hard to choose

I’m not sure but that’s what they sell it as here. People seem to like that it doesn’t burn like alcohol does. I’ve wanted to try a glycerin tincture but heard the solubility was low. I had this weird idea thinking maybe the canna flavor could be masked in a root beer flavored tincture since a lot of those roots and herbs are quite powerful in their own right, and maybe the canna would fit in.

Yeah you’re right, to concentrate MCT oil you have to re-infuse, compared to just boiling a solvent down. That’s one drawback to flower infused oils - at least at higher potencies - a reason why I like concentrates, as they just dissolve readily.

Oil is messy,..

If you infuse regular coconut oil (Not mct) you can store those caps in the refrigerator and the oil will solidify so you don’t have to worry about leaking. Cheap and easy. You can add lecithin if you want, I don’t think it’s totally necessary for capsules but I tend to do it out of old habit.

shredder

Technically it is an oil infusion not a tincture. But a lot of people use the terms interchangeably and even dispensaries call it tinctures.

It's actually quite a bit different than olive oil. For one it's not a cooking oil because of it's low smoking temp. It's a very light oil that mixes with a concentrate very well. It has a very neutral taste, but it also hides the weed taste better than any other oil ive tried, and it doesn't need refrigeration.

I read about it for years and thought it was just another oil as well, but one day last year I finally tried it and really liked the concentrate infused mct oil. I'm a caregiver grower and my patients enjoy these infusions too.

The con is if you look at mct oil on amazon you will get bombarded with keto diet adds. Apparently it's popular with that crowd and us.

Shadooz

If you infuse regular coconut oil (Not mct) you can store those caps in the refrigerator and the oil will solidify so you don’t have to worry about leaking. Cheap and easy. You can add lecithin if you want, I don’t think it’s totally necessary for capsules but I tend to do it out of old habit.
It's actually quite a bit different than olive oil. For one it's not a cooking oil because of it's low smoking temp. It's a very light oil that mixes with a concentrate very well. It has a very neutral taste, but it also hides the weed taste better than any other oil ive tried, and it doesn't need refrigeration.
Neutral taste..
The reason i move to caps, i didn't suceed to cook with my olive oil.
Compared to raw abv, the taste is spreaded, and hardly hideable.. for cooking with good tasting flower ok, but for ABV...
and oil need messy time again to put in caps (syringe, or make a dry mix..)

If i bought spyritus i may even add all my reclaim from waterpieces and stop buying ISO.
Alcool is so easy to store for long time, no decantation, no germ spread if u miss-spill water drop in your bottle..

The taste of highly concentrated (with abv) must be awfull though.. and more u evaporate, more awfull must be the taste. Evaporate till FECO, it looks disgusting,.. but with abv it must taste too.. ?

But then, sugar+alcool are easily covered.
@shredder as just coffee seems enough to hide, i would even evaporate my dragon and put whiskey, to make an "irish dragon" :ko:

@invertedisdead notice the pinky finger :rofl:

Last edited:

shredder

Today I'm decarbing sift hash (super silver haze) 3 cycles in our Nova fx and trying that for sleep capsules.

The sleep capsules work pretty well. I do believe they are mostly cbn. They're 45mg but don't seem that strong, but after an hour it's tough to stay awake, and last until morning. Very little buzz, mostly drowsiness for effects.

How'd those killer caps work out?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How'd those killer caps work out?

Took one in the morning but it had a super delayed onset, so by the time it kicked in it was like kowabunga, man! Sometimes I get this with edibles where even if I dose right after a meal, sometimes the effects “miss the bus” and don’t come until my next meal. After a slice of pizza I could really feel it!

Problem is it knocked me out early and I was awake at 12:30 AM thinking it was time to get up!

Not sure if they’re quite 500mg, maybe more like 300 - didn’t finish the batch yet so my estimate is a little loose still.

shredder

Took one in the morning but it had a super delayed onset, so by the time it kicked in it was like kowabunga, man! Sometimes I get this with edibles where even if I dose right after a meal, sometimes the effects “miss the bus” and don’t come until my next meal. After a slice of pizza I could really feel it!

Problem is it knocked me out early and I was awake at 12:30 AM thinking it was time to get up!

Not sure if they’re quite 500mg, maybe more like 300 - didn’t finish the batch yet so my estimate is a little loose still.

If I survived a cap like that I'm afraid my tolerance wouldn't.

Last week one day I did a dab, first one in forever but I was squeezing hash and thought what the hell?

Long story short I did 2 dabs that day and destroyed my tolerance. A couple days later I took a day off to restore my normal tolerance.

Shadooz

Long story short I did 2 dabs that day and destroyed my tolerance. A couple days later I took a day off to restore my normal tolerance.
"Over" dose cannabinoids before sleep is the worst for tolerancy.
And U know u "over" dose THC when u are still stone/high the whole next morning.. :ko:
ABV caps is a sleeping pills, i take it(only recreatively and rarely) way before my sleep to not silently raise my accustoming... I'm not an heavy user, and one day break each week is barely enough to maintain my tolerency...

On another topic, i can only get spirytus for 90€/L.. :cry: i really want to try the taste and simplicity of making [ABV+reclaim] dragon. So i buy it anyway...:cry:
It makes me want to try passing by qwiso then a spirytus wash,.. ISO 5€/L...
MCT oil 40€/L here

And i've checked the price of an alambic :rofl: :evil:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If I survived a cap like that I'm afraid my tolerance wouldn't.

Last week one day I did a dab, first one in forever but I was squeezing hash and thought what the hell?

Yeah they all affect my tolerance, I haven’t quite figured out the perfect dosage that gives me effects without plateauing. I think the real trick is to switch to something low like 10mg so by the time those feel strong it’s easier to hold a baseline. Plus you can make a bunch out of a single gram of rosin and have a cheap, sustainable, healthy cannabis relationship. I seem to be doing something else 😂

It makes me want to try passing by qwiso then a spirytus wash,.. ISO 5€/L...
MCT oil 40€/L here

And i've checked the price of an alambic :rofl: :evil:

Maybe press some rosin then dissolve that in the alcohol..... then you can just use the amount you need to dilute for your tincture, instead of extracting with it and concentrating it down (evaporation)

Shadooz

Maybe press some rosin then dissolve that in the alcohol..... then you can just use the amount you need to dilute for your tincture, instead of extracting with it and concentrating it down (evaporation)
Rosin for ABV ?...

[Abv+reclaim] qwiso then dissolve in small ammount of spirytus, to stay low price.. with iso traces risk... what i'm thinking about.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Rosin for ABV ?...

[Abv+reclaim] qwiso then dissolve in small ammount of spirytus, to stay low price.. with iso traces risk... what i'm thinking about.

I missed the ABV part.

If you use iso after everything looks evaporated at room temp you could purge on a hot plate around decarb temps to make sure everything is activated and try to purge out trace solvent

Shadooz

If you use iso after everything looks evaporated at room temp you could purge on a hot plate around decarb temps to make sure everything is activated and try to purge out trace solvent
I know, i'v already made hot chocolate in past, with just reclaim. But i wasn't accumulating reclaim enough, didn't add my abv in though...
Way cheaper to evaporate ISO. But if i end up with QWISO, i could even dissolve it in mct then maltro... cheaper than spirytus+sugar
Two roads, same destination, different taste..

I'm really tempt by an alambic :rofl:

Shadooz

Two roads, same destination, different taste..
So i bought the two ways...

MCT vs green dragon

I think i will start with ABV+reclaim qwiso for both ways.

Mct oil seems to be better to purge ISO, as ISO boiling point (83C) is higher than ethanol(78C). It May leave less ISO traces, to "boil" qwiso at 85C with mct oil.

Still a question for u, non cavemen..
As i'm going for dry filling, what's the conservation time of each ?
For mct oil, is it better to keep it oily ? or malto+lecithin powder have long storage ?
For spirytus, i guess it is better to keep a "green" dragon, and only do few cannasugar each times ?

200€ for tasting molecular cooking :rofl: :cry: hope it will worth getting me out of my cave...
Cause ABV straight in a french "fondue savoyarde" (not swiss, chauvinistic am i ..?). Is just good tasting with white wine. But my ABV became too weak (free CBD bud i get, and deeper extraction years after years..)

Last edited:

shredder

As i'm going for dry filling, what's the conservation time of each ?

Not sure what you mean by conservation time.

I don't fill capsules dry, because they work better with oil and lecithin.

For mct oil, is it better to keep it oily ? or malto+lecithin powder have long storage ?

I use concentrates with mct oil, and dose by the drop out of an eyedropper bottle. 20 drops per ml. So yes it stays an oil when I use it that way.

For capsules I mix ground cannabis, or a concentrate, and coconut oil.

I use mct oil plus lecithin with a concentrate for making powdered cannabis.

I don't know the shelf life of the powdered cannabis. I suspect a very long time.

I hope I understood and have gave you good answers to your questions, if not ask away.

Shadooz

I don't fill capsules dry, because they work better with oil and lecithin
Malto powdered doesn't work ?
Dry filling caps will be so much easier and faster..
I use mct oil plus lecithin with a concentrate for making powdered cannabis.
I don't know the shelf life of the powdered cannabis. I suspect a very long time.
It was my question,..
lecithin is just an emulsifier, malto is needed to make powder from oil.
Mct + lecithin only make foam not powder, no ?

For tincture i've got no worries of conservation,.. but dried on cannasugar, i don't know if it store well..
And for oil, a droplet of water is enough to grow mold... when u used an eyedropper that u wash, u take risk of water droplet..
and oil sticks everywhere... tincture, powder or sugar doesn't..

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom