• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gel capsules

Shadooz

745-A61-A0-BE13-4830-9-D11-67-F4-D9-C11951.jpg
Shrooms bottom ? or your abv turn grey ?

Mid is just more concentrated than top, or it's a different oil ?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Shrooms bottom ? or your abv turn grey ?

Mid is just more concentrated than top, or it's a different oil ?

Yeah those are made with a few different mushrooms!

Mids are ~100mg and the top is ~25mg. Same batch, but diluted further.

Going, going, gone?

Was also thinking Daytime, Nighttime, and Party Time 😁😁😅

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

shredder

So after extensive research (10 minutes on Google) to make cbn from thc and after reading quite a bit of conflicting data I settled on baking feco at 305° for 60 minutes to make sleep inducing capsules.

I just filled 4 capsules at approximately 50mg for testing, and I'll post my results in the coming days.

BTW in my research I found 10mg of cbn equals a 20mg valium. I thought that was pretty cool. Without testing though I'm not sure how much cbn my capsules have.

Last edited:

Shadooz

So after extensive research (10 minutes on Google) to make cbn from thc and after reading quite a bit of conflicting data I settled on baking feco at 305° for 60 minutes to make sleep inducing capsules.

I just filled 4 capsules at approximately 50mg for testing, and I'll post my results in the coming days.

BTW in my research I found 10mg of cbn equals a 20mg valium. I thought that was pretty cool. Without testing though I'm not sure how much cbn my capsules have.

Cbn, as thc degraded, isn't far from it.
Cbn is partial cb1/2 agonist, when thc is a full one.
Thc is known to compete with benzo, as it plays with agmydala.
Cbn will play the same, without excessive stress (sympathic stimulation), which lead to a more sedative effect.

My long cure bud are full of cbn, don't know how much though.
Some will found them less heavy (partial agonist only), but they are so good for bedtime...

But Maybe some hiden effect.
Like penicilin dicovery, a long maturation..

Last edited:

shredder

Well so far so good. I slept 9.5 hours, getting up twice to let our elderly dog out. It took 45 minutes to get to sleep, about normal for me. After letting our dog out I got right back to sleep.

At the onset the top of my head felt numb. My wife said her tongue felt thick. We both became sleepy within an hour or so.

I'm still a bit groggy, 10 hours later, but I think I'll cap the rest as is, but I'll add some drops of terpenes that I forgot to add yesterday. Coffee should cure the groggies.

For a formula, I mixed 3.70g of feco that I baked 1 hour at 305°F with 6 grams of ground indica that went through 2 decarb cycles in our Nova fx and a tsp of liquid lecithin and filled to 70ml with coconut oil.

I calculate roughly 50mg per capsule and they feel like it. I'm sure 40mg would have been enough. I make daytime capsules 40-50 mg on average.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

You might consider curing your concentrate with UV light for a week or so to help force the oxidation to occur.

shredder

You might consider curing your concentrate with UV light for a week or so to help force the oxidation to occur.

UV light is one method I read about, along with an iodine treatment, along with heat, like I used.

The trouble is there isn't a lot of data, like light intensity, temps and so on. There is more data on using heat, but that is all over the place. I read to use 300°F to 360°F and for 15 minutes to one hour. I used 305° and one hour just to test. I don't know the sweet spot.

We have to keep in mind cbn will degrade as well, so we can overdue it. It would great to have hard, tested data, but I suspect it's proprietary nowadays as labs work for dispensaries.

shredder

Well so far so good. I slept 9.5 hours, getting up twice to let our elderly dog out. It took 45 minutes to get to sleep, about normal for me. After letting our dog out I got right back to sleep.

At the onset the top of my head felt numb. My wife said her tongue felt thick. We both became sleepy within an hour or so.

I'm still a bit groggy, 10 hours later, but I think I'll cap the rest as is, but I'll add some drops of terpenes that I forgot to add yesterday. Coffee should cure the groggies.

For a formula, I mixed 3.70g of feco that I baked 1 hour at 305°F with 6 grams of ground indica that went through 2 decarb cycles in our Nova fx and a tsp of liquid lecithin and filled to 70ml with coconut oil.

I calculate roughly 50mg per capsule and they feel like it. I'm sure 40mg would have been enough. I make daytime capsules 40-50 mg on average.

I've tried these capsules twice now, same results, a full night's sleep.

My observation though is the "buzz" is more like a narcotic than a MJ buzz IMHO. I'm not sure everyone would like it because it is pretty heavy. I guess now I see why cbn is compared to valium.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@shredder do you use a capsule filler?
Getting bored of going one by one, biggest annoyance is putting the dropper down every fill to add the cap when I know I could get a big syringe and fill the whole tray at once.

I figure I already like these cause I’m lazy, might as well pump it up a notch!!

Gave a time capsule to a friend who gave that to his friend - he claimed it was the first time he had been pain free in FIVE years! What an incredible testimonial, capsules definitely HEAL!

shredder

@shredder do you use a capsule filler?
Getting bored of going one by one, biggest annoyance is putting the dropper down every fill to add the cap when I know I could get a big syringe and fill the whole tray at once.

I figure I already like these cause I’m lazy, might as well pump it up a notch!!

Gave a time capsule to a friend who gave that to his friend - he claimed it was the first time he had been pain free in FIVE years! What an incredible testimonial, capsules definitely HEAL!

I don't use a filler. I fill each one by hand. Never found it to be a problem.

I actually have a filler that my wife bought, I used it once and went back to hand filling caps. I don't think it saved me time.

I set up a little station with a paper towel on the table, the oil in a measuring cup on a paper plate and I keep a bowl sitting in another bigger bowl of ice to put caps in and cool after filling. It's a routine that works for me.

I've had people tell me they got the first good night of sleep in years after trying a capsule.

I gave a couple 20mg capsules to a non user neighbor who had an injury, and surgery. He said he was high for 2 days after eating one, lol.

I've also had people that got nothing from 60mg caps that were too strong for us.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
It's been a while since I filled capsules, but I used to make 50 or so at a time. Drilled a grid of 100 holes in a chunk of plywood and filled bottoms until full and tops got a few drops each. Set the board in the refrigerator for a few minutes and when closed up they are just about full.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's been a while since I filled capsules, but I used to make 50 or so at a time. Drilled a grid of 100 holes in a chunk of plywood and filled bottoms until full and tops got a few drops each. Set the board in the refrigerator for a few minutes and when closed up they are just about full.

Yeah I have done the plywood method, and it definitely saves me time filling, but it seems the big appeal to the filling stations is that you can put all the lids on in one move which the wood method was missing.

I’m curious why @shredder didn’t like his. I’ve looked at them before, but looking again this morning I see a whole plethora of size options, from a 24 pc to over 600 caps at a time! 😁😁

Just filled some turmeric caps yesterday for a friend with a fever. 7 days on Tylenol, still runaway fevers - one day on turmeric and she’s back to life.

Robert-in-YEG

I've done the AVB in capsules, and it works. However, the effects will vary based on how much THC is left in the AVB.

The one thing that I can say from experience, do not take AVB capsules on an empty stomach, and use moderation and common sense. I went through a period where I was vaping all day, eating AVB capsules, and very little else. Without food, the effects just aren't there, and taken every day without food, 4-8 AVB capsules every day for a week will cause digestive complications.

Don't chase the dragon; enjoy the ritual.

shredder

Yeah I have done the plywood method, and it definitely saves me time filling, but it seems the big appeal to the filling stations is that you can put all the lids on in one move which the wood method was missing.

I’m curious why @shredder didn’t like his. I’ve looked at them before, but looking again this morning I see a whole plethora of size options, from a 24 pc to over 600 caps at a time! 😁😁

Just filled some turmeric caps yesterday for a friend with a fever. 7 days on Tylenol, still runaway fevers - one day on turmeric and she’s back to life.

I think the biggest reason I fill caps by hand is I fill over the cup holding the oil to catch spills, or drips from the pipette, and if I get oil on the outside of caps I roll them on a paper towel to get it off. Plus like I said it's a routine I feel comfortable with.

I take several suppliments that noticed that I can buy in bulk so I've been thinking about making my own.

Shadooz

@shredder @invertedisdead

I know what u need !

The caps moving up and down at 00:23 gave me a boner.. with that music, it feels like a giant (slow) gangbang, filling 100 holes/minute ! :evil:

The basic plastic riddle/filler is good for powder, or raw abv. Syringe filling need to be done one by one anyway.
Why i think i will stay with raw abv. Oil worth the time if u suceed to well concentrate it.

Last edited:

shredder

@shredder @invertedisdead

I know what u need !

The caps moving up and down at 00:23 gave me a boner.. with that music, it feels like a giant (slow) gangbang, filling 100 holes/minute ! :evil:

The basic plastic riddle/filler is good for powder, or raw abv. Syringe filling need to be done one by one anyway.
Why i think i will stay with raw abv. Oil worth the time if u suceed to well concentrate it.

I've actually looked into pill making machines for a dry option. Turns out they aren't cheap. A gel cap filler would be sweet.

For dry capsules I drip strong THC oil on tapioca maltodextrin powder that I put in the capsule. The maltodextrin and oil combine and they stay dry, don't leak, and no need to refrigerate. It's time consuming but they do work well.

Shadooz

I've actually looked into pill making machines for a dry option. Turns out they aren't cheap. A gel cap filler would be sweet.

For dry capsules I drip strong THC oil on tapioca maltodextrin powder that I put in the capsule. The maltodextrin and oil combine and they stay dry, don't leak, and no need to refrigerate. It's time consuming but they do work well.

It looks like raped cheese. 🥲

But with my oil concentration, it will bring high glucose peak from malto.
But then way easier to fullfill caps in a riddle/sieve

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I’ve never tried just using straight decarbed flower powdered up. I’ve always been curious about it though cause it’s so simple.
It works - but it's hard to get high MG/cap. I also found it very "burpy". Lately I've been making chocolate squares in a silicone mold. 1 "bar" is 15 squares. I decarb a couple grams of rosin with a 1/4 tsp of coconut oil, mix that with a 1/2 tsp of sunflower lecithin and enough melting chocolate to make 1/3 cup. Pour into the mold for a 1500mg "bar" or 100mg squares.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It works - but it's hard to get high MG/cap. I also found it very "burpy". Lately I've been making chocolate squares in a silicone mold. 1 "bar" is 15 squares. I decarb a couple grams of rosin with a 1/4 tsp of coconut oil, mix that with a 1/2 tsp of sunflower lecithin and enough melting chocolate to make 1/3 cup. Pour into the mold for a 1500mg "bar" or 100mg squares.

Yeah I like the option of being able to adjust the potency so easily using liquids. Makes it easy to get multiple doses from the same batch. Powders seems like it might work well for lower tolerance users who aren’t approaching the same MG limits, but I can totally imagine the digestion being a little heavier with the plant material in tact.

Your method sounds simple and solid which is always a great combo! I struggle with the canna + chocolate flavor combo though, my taste buds just can’t handle it, always struggled with canna flavors when eating, probably why I like the capsules so dang much 😁

I’ve been curious of putting cocoa or cacao in a capsule though for the synergistic effects of anandamide and theobromine and THC+ !!

Top Bottom