• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

SPOILERS

how long did it take you? im in the crater now using the Steinbjorn armor set, feels good to finally be a tanky meatbag lol! bounced between this and fallen Jedi, meh! janky controls. looking forward to atomic hearts, bioshock meets fallout soviet style.

25-30 hours, and I only did the main story. A friend of mine got 100% trophies and spent 60 hours.

letter never sent,

florduh

I know I'm late to the party, but god damn is Witcher 3 a good game. I didn't understand why people were so mad at Cyberpunk. But now I kind've get why you'd be disappointed if you played Witcher 3 first.

I paid like $9.99 for the game and all the DLC during the Steam winter sale. Crazy amount of entertainment for that price.

EarthworldTim

I know I'm late to the party, but god damn is Witcher 3 a good game. I didn't understand why people were so mad at Cyberpunk. But now I kind've get why you'd be disappointed if you played Witcher 3 first.

I paid like $9.99 for the game and all the DLC during the Steam winter sale. Crazy amount of entertainment for that price.
I've been wanting to go back and give this one another shot. Thanks for the motivation.

florduh

I've been wanting to go back and give this one another shot. Thanks for the motivation.

The combat's not as complex or challenging as Elden Ring, the last swords and wizards game I played. But it's still fun. The story and dialogue are top notch though. The next gen update they recently dropped makes the game look fantastic too.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've had the Witcher Enhanced Edition (the first game in the series) in my Steam Library for a decade...but I've never played. it. I need to get around to that.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Akai Katana Shin or Deathsmiles for a quick break from work... Childhood dreams come true, lol

Still messing around with Elden Ring online for longer sessions. Anyone on that? (PS4)

florduh

I've had the Witcher Enhanced Edition (the first game in the series) in my Steam Library for a decade...but I've never played. it. I need to get around to that.

Witcher 3 is my first in that series. Gotta say, I was a little lost with the story at first, but picked it up quickly. Really like the story/lore in these games. Top notch.

Still messing around with Elden Ring online for longer sessions. Anyone on that? (PS4)

PC, unfortunately they don't allow crossplay. What's your build lookin like?

Helios

Witcher 3 like some here i never finished, while i dig the slavic Lore, the controls seemed a bit janky and my OCD never allowed me to further the story quest i kept getting side tracked. maybe one day ill try again? time to kill some zombies sony plus has evil dead up, coop anyone? lets fuck up some zombies!

badbee

Witcher 3 like some here i never finished, while i dig the slavic Lore, the controls seemed a bit janky and my OCD never allowed me to further the story quest i kept getting side tracked. maybe one day ill try again? time to kill some zombies sony plus has evil dead up, coop anyone? lets fuck up some zombies!
It's funny, I bought and played all 3 of the games in the Witcher series and never finished any of them. They were all fun for a while, 3 for a long while, but eventually grew tedious and I no longer cared about the finale. There is something with their story telling or game pacing that isn't quite right (for me).

florduh

the controls seemed a bit janky

Here, I agree. I think it's the camera in combat that's a little off. There's a new camera mode in the upgraded version that just came out, but I haven't tried it yet.

Still love the story/lore. And the dialogue is much better/funnier than most games.

florduh,
Reactions: Helios

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
The Witcher 3 has some pretty decent writing (for video games) and atmosphere.... definitely best with a big screen.. It is totally worth playing to the end! If only they had some Japanese people on the team to do the combat system....

delta hotel

Mannnnn that's what I'm sayin! I want Witcher 3 story/dialogue with Elden Ring combat.
I played it on death march difficulty or whatever it was, and it’s no walk in the park. I might actually argue that it’s harder than Elden Ring on that setting, but I’ve platinumed them all since Demon’s Souls so none of them are particularly difficult to me.

delta hotel,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Yeah I had to set it to Death March to get some action. The problem is that the combat just doesn't thave the depth to be engaging or that reactive, weighty, crunchy feel that only Japanese developers seem able to deliver! Dragon's Dogma also has it, and of course Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising & Bayonetta games.
I hate a lot about From Software games and just play them for the online co-op TBH. The limited number of players and huge variety of play styles makes it fun while MMOs are the opposite of that after a while.

Haze Mister,

florduh

I might actually argue that it’s harder than Elden Ring on that setting

I'm playing on Broken Bones/Hard. I suck at video games (didn't really play anything from 2002-2020) so I usually only play on "normal". This is the first game I've bumped the difficulty up on. My comparison to Elden Ring really isn't about the difficulty though.

I think the controls just feel more precise on ER? I don't know how to describe it better. Witcher 3's controls just seem a little clunkier or less responsive.

I still like the Witcher combat though. Figuring out the best combination of signs to help taken down a monster is fun.

Witcher 3 is also a more relaxing experience than Elden Ring. Haven't had to rage quit once.

florduh,
Reactions: Helios

Madtater

Beta for Diablo IV starts tomorrow for those that preorder it.

Already have it installed and waiting.

I watched some gameplay today. Looks excellent. The new druid class looks interesting and the Nec looks amazing.

Seems like it would be a good game with some durban thai………

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Odin Sphere... for the second or third time. The original PS2 game was gamepad-breaking fury-inducing but the remake is just a treat both visually and in gameplay. A 2D masterpiece.

Haze Mister,

florduh

So a private equity company wrestled away rights to Disco Elysium's IP from its creators...to make a fucking paid Meme Mode?

This honestly seems too on the nose. Like it's all part of an ironic marketing campaign or something. But I don't know. I think these private capital guys are stupid enough not to have any clue what this game's about.

All they know is, there won't be another sequel for years, if ever. (Because they chased away the original dev team).

And they want to see a return on their investment in this IP, now. Next quarter at the latest. So they'll risk destroying any remaining goodwill left in the DE fanbase just for the chance to make a few nickels from a fuckin meme app. Amazing.

Disco Elysium is like the best reviewed video game of all time. There could've been an awesome sequel But these Wall Street dumbfucks were like... " No no, let's KILL the goose so we can get ALL the golden eggs NOW!" They can't help themselves.

Or, maybe they are familiar with the content of the game and aren't very happy about it....

one-of-the-most-haunting-quotes-i-saw-in-de-what-are-the-v0-m1y9zbho3a7a1.png

delta hotel

So a private equity company wrestled away rights to Disco Elysium's IP from its creators...to make a fucking paid Meme Mode?

This honestly seems too on the nose. Like it's all part of an ironic marketing campaign or something. But I don't know. I think these private capital guys are stupid enough not to have any clue what this game's about.

All they know is, there won't be another sequel for years, if ever. (Because they chased away the original dev team).

And they want to see a return on their investment in this IP, now. Next quarter at the latest. So they'll risk destroying any remaining goodwill left in the DE fanbase just for the chance to make a few nickels from a fuckin meme app. Amazing.

Disco Elysium is like the best reviewed video game of all time. There could've been an awesome sequel But these Wall Street dumbfucks were like... " No no, let's KILL the goose so we can get ALL the golden eggs NOW!" They can't help themselves.

Or, maybe they are familiar with the content of the game and aren't very happy about it....

one-of-the-most-haunting-quotes-i-saw-in-de-what-are-the-v0-m1y9zbho3a7a1.png
I never finished this and always wanted to. I’ve just started it over again because it’s been a few years and I’m enjoying it. If you liked Disco Elysium, check out Pentiment.

delta hotel,
Reactions: florduh

Tai Sun

I’m on a super smash for the switch right now. Son loves the game. Hes only 5. Probably buy all the extra characters too. I’ve never done dlc. But for this game and him, I’m really thinking about it.
do it man its diff dlc kinda like new characters in SMASH BROS haahha, i never buy dlc unless big good game but this is diff

Tai Sun,

Tai Sun

Beta for Diablo IV starts tomorrow for those that preorder it.

Already have it installed and waiting.

I watched some gameplay today. Looks excellent. The new druid class looks interesting and the Nec looks amazing.

Seems like it would be a good game with some durban thai………
im keen on this one very keen.. might have to preorder ? haha

Tai Sun,
Reactions: Madtater

Tai Sun

But yeh keen myself on RE4 and the mentioned above but currently playing dead space, elden ring and apex if anyones ever keen to play let me know!

Tai Sun,
Top Bottom