• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks and damn, too bad they don’t ship to United States. I’ll have to keep searching, I saw someone post a link to some other Oregon glass company that looked pretty promising.

Oregon Glass Blower is awesome, and I have many pieces from him, but I don't think he does bubbler rigs? Also his stuff is pretty pricey because he works by hand and it is super thick clear glass btw... I would hit up vape fiend anyway, ask them if they know of anywhere else you can get something like this??

Last edited:

Spike11552

Oregon glass blower is awesome, and I have many pieces from him, but I don't think he does bubbler rigs? Also his stuff is pretty pricey because he works by hand and it is super thick clear glass btw... I would hit up vape fiend anyway, ask them if they know of anywhere else you can get something like this??
They said the website was

He said the large inline bubbler was what he had and he loves it and somebody else chinned in about how much they love their glass from them as well.

And I love my pieces from OGB ever since you recommend him I already have a tinymight hook and a fw7 piece and a drop down.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

They said the website was

He said the large inline bubbler was what he had and he loves it and somebody else chinned in about how much they love their glass from them as well.

And I love my pieces from OGB ever since you recommend him I already have a tinymight hook and a fw7 piece and a drop down.

Oh awesome, yeah that does look like a nice one, it is just an inline perc, without the honeycomb though? Meaning less diffusion filtration but more flavor...

Alternatively, this is a reliable dhgate store if you want to find something there you like for much less money:

Or this piece maybe from another good shop:

Shit Snacks

Mustered up the courage to pull out the screens and beads, to do a deeper cleaning, and so I could swap in the rubies finally! Yeah it was a little tedious, but not such a big deal all said and done, I think the first screens I got back in are secure enough, there may have been a few more rubies than there were boro beads... Still getting it dialed in, but look how pretty:

PXL-20210514-060650295.jpg

PXL-20210514-060638111.jpg

Only thing is I think now I really do need to get up more proper bowl, this 18 mm female to 18 mm male I got from a member here with a gn0ckoff seems less than ideal because I cannot get a screen to stay in the middle chamber, so I'm using an RBT basket screen in the lower stem, so I feel like that is not being efficient with the heat... @invertedisdead I thought maybe you might have some tips? Maybe 18 to 14 is a good way to go for air flow... I have one I would try but it is at an angle so I don't know.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Mustered up the courage to pull out the screens and beads, to do a deeper cleaning, and so I could swap in the rubies finally! Yeah it was a little tedious, but not such a big deal all said and done, I think the first screens I got back in are secure enough, there may have been a few more rubies than there were boro beads... Still getting it dialed in, but look how pretty:

PXL-20210514-060650295.jpg

PXL-20210514-060638111.jpg

Only thing is I think now I really do need to get up more proper bowl, this 18 mm female to 18 mm male I got from a member here with a gn0ckoff seems less than ideal because I cannot get a screen to stay in the middle chamber, so I'm using an RBT basket screen in the lower stem, so I feel like that is not being efficient with the heat... @invertedisdead I thought maybe you might have some tips? Maybe 18 to 14 is a good way to go for air flow... I have one I would try but it is at an angle so I don't know.

Is it vaping evenly or hot spotting? You might look for an adapter that doesn't hold the herb as far away from the heat source. All the ones I use are 18-14mm. I believe it's the male joint itself that causes spotting as it kind of focuses the heat away from the edges of the bowl.

Shit Snacks

Is it vaping evenly or hot spotting? You might look for an adapter that doesn't hold the herb as far away from the heat source. All the ones I use are 18-14mm. I believe it's the male joint itself that causes spotting as it kind of focuses the heat away from the edges of the bowl.

It is actually vaping even more evenly than it was with the boro I think? Like doesn't seem as if I need to stir every hit now, even at 12 watts it didn't seem like it was ripping quite as hard as before? There's maybe a few more extra beads now, just fully covering the heating element so I can't imagine that is the problem but perhaps the basket screens in front of it? I don't know hard to tell I think, pushed it in as far and evenly as I could and it seems okay... Yeah that male joint and the extra space is probably stealing all the heat? I guess that is why the standard usage is to load the male joint itself, but I really don't like that because it's so much harder to keep clean! It's a shame the ELB did not fit...

Shit Snacks

All right so I see these available at TAG, might as well get 18 and 14, if they look like this they should be better for airflow? Hopefully I can get a screen in securely...

Screenshot-20210517-143249.png

The other option I was thinking of, what if I were to try a 18 to 18 female to female adapter, like the GRAV one at vgoodiez (that I now wish I'd gotten with one of my rubies orders lol), so I could then use a 18 male to male adapter with rimmed basket screen to hold a smaller load... Has anyone tried that with a G43? Feels like it would be more efficient, but I don't know with the extra distance from the heater, if being a narrower path would compensate...?

Shit Snacks

Well the adapters came in yesterday, very nice quality and fast shipping, unfortunately I don't have a screen that can fit in the 18 mm male one, not sure what size would be needed maybe a full inch or close to it (3/4-in would not work) However a 5/8-in screen fits perfectly in the 14 mm male one, so now I understand why that is how it is for elev8r at least...

This was working pretty well last night, with medium ground cake mix:
PXL-20210522-212500183.jpg

Then this is some blueberry faygo I vaped just now (next to some green) at 14.5 watts through heady hook:
PXL-20210523-043425271.jpg

So yeah I actually discovered I needed to up my wattage, using the boro glass beads it came with, I seem to do fine with 11 to 12 watts using injector style, however it seems like I had to work really hard to do that with the rubies for some reason? @almost there suggested that my resistance may have changed when I did the bead swap, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to what the resistance was when I received it before removing the glass beads, but it must have been below one because right now it seems to be at 1.08 and my range is 13 to 15 watts perhaps??

I guess it is safe as long as the coil is not glowing, you can see the side of the coil in the glass, I don't think I've ever seen it glow? But I don't know what my max wattage should really be, right now I can do okay with long steady draws, although it can dry me out with this heater! I don't know I have more testing to do, but I am thinking maybe I still do want to try a 18 female to female adapter so I can use a basket screen and a male to male adapter as my bowl for better efficiency... I don't know though with the gaps between the heater and the load, but yeah I really don't want to load the standard way again seeing how dirty it gets.

I also am not testing so properly per se, or trying to maximize battery life exactly, but so far I've been getting pretty horrible battery life, often one bowl or less per charge lol

BestBuds

The Dude
Well the adapters came in yesterday, very nice quality and fast shipping, unfortunately I don't have a screen that can fit in the 18 mm male one, not sure what size would be needed maybe a full inch or close to it (3/4-in would not work) However a 5/8-in screen fits perfectly in the 14 mm male one, so now I understand why that is how it is for elev8r at least...

This was working pretty well last night, with medium ground cake mix:
PXL-20210522-212500183.jpg

Then this is some blueberry faygo I vaped just now (next to some green) at 14.5 watts through heady hook:
PXL-20210523-043425271.jpg

So yeah I actually discovered I needed to up my wattage, using the boro glass beads it came with, I seem to do fine with 11 to 12 watts using injector style, however it seems like I had to work really hard to do that with the rubies for some reason? @almost there suggested that my resistance may have changed when I did the bead swap, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to what the resistance was when I received it before removing the glass beads, but it must have been below one because right now it seems to be at 1.08 and my range is 13 to 15 watts perhaps??

I guess it is safe as long as the coil is not glowing, you can see the side of the coil in the glass, I don't think I've ever seen it glow? But I don't know what my max wattage should really be, right now I can do okay with long steady draws, although it can dry me out with this heater! I don't know I have more testing to do, but I am thinking maybe I still do want to try a 18 female to female adapter so I can use a basket screen and a male to male adapter as my bowl for better efficiency... I don't know though with the gaps between the heater and the load, but yeah I really don't want to load the standard way again seeing how dirty it gets.

I also am not testing so properly per se, or trying to maximize battery life exactly, but so far I've been getting pretty horrible battery life, often one bowl or less per charge lol
Just make sure, everywhere the wire was cut is cool too. All the connectors and any place Bud put heat wrap. That's is the most common fail points on this if it gets hot it's probably a loose connection.

shopdognyc

Are there any tips for cleaning this thing? Picked up one wanted to clear the reclaim and stuff. Can I dip the end into Iso and swirl? Take apart?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: GoldenBud

shopdognyc

Thanks. Was given this advice

Fill a shot glass with Iso and soak the G in there. Be careful to only put enough iso in the cup so that the black heat shrinks covering the wire arent submerged in the iso.
DO NOT REMOVE INNER SCREENS
I mean you can if you want, but have fun getting it all back together
Reporting back on this.

Handful of people told me taking apart is a paid.

Saw a tip on using a syringe which sounds good to clean top down over the beads.

I filled a shot glass with iso. I so took some wooden chopsticks you get from takeout and wedged the g43 between so it had something to stay upright on.

Let it soak maybe 10 to 15 minutes and started to swirl and clean. Should have taken a before photo sorry.

Definitely recommend trying this way.

GratefulDread

My precious G43 will no longer heat up 🥺
I'm not sure what happened to it. It's the mod version. Part of the cable feels stiff now, if that hints at anything.
Has anyone had any luck repairing these? I have tools but not sure how to figure out what's wrong.

GratefulDread,

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
The G43 Vaporizer
Official Thread

What's up everybody!

This is the vaporizer I built that you may have seen me using in my livestreams, previously called Project A, now known as the G43.

What does the name stand for?

Glass slide
4mm glass rod
3mm glass balls

IMG-20181120-150709-4.jpg

What's different and special about this one? It's simple, it's strong, and it's cost effective.

It was designed around dry herb use, but you can vape concentrates with it as well with the addition of a small health stone inside the chamber.

These are the things I thought about while building it:

• Use as few parts as possible
  • Use very simple materials
  • Make it easy to use for beginners
  • Vapor must be very strong/potent
  • It must produce lots of vapor/big clouds
  • The flavor must be pure and unadulterated
  • Keep price to an absolute minimum
  • Sacrifice bells & whistles for more meat & potatoes

I would say this can technically be categorized as a desktop vaporizer, but it can also be fairly portable if you'd like to use it as a cordless vape around your home.

IMG-20181120-151209-4.jpg

How does it work?

The G43 is like some other desktop vaporizers in that you need to pair it up with a glass rig or j-hook to actually use it, there is no mouthpiece or stem included.

The end of the slide is a standard 18mm male connection so you need to pair it up with an 18mm female rig. If you only have a 14mm female rig I will have adapters available as an add-on for a max of $5.

IMG-20181024-171153-3.jpg

If you don't currently have any glass rigs you will be able to add on an 18mm glass J-hook to your order at a max of $10, it works great with it and it's super simple.

Otherwise, if you want a nice quality cheap glass rig, my go-to is the Stereo Matrix rig that NewVape sells for $60 (shown in my video clips), and you can also find very similar rigs on dhgate that are under $100.

Vaping with the G43 is a very simple process:

1) Fill chamber loosely with dry herb (80% full)
2) Turn on box mod and power on cruise control (11 watts starting)
3) Insert glass slide into your 18mm female rig or adapter
4) Wait 3-4 minutes for the glass inside to heat up to full operating temp
5) Start rippin' it!

IMG-20181120-150907-3.jpg

How is it powered?

You have two choices for the power supply, and both options will be included in the base kit. One is a simple battery holder for a single 18650 cell, and the other is a 510 connector so you can easily power it with a box mod.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The first batch of at least 100 units is going to be shipping with the 510 connector attachment ONLY, and the other battery holder attachment will be shipped to you once I've finalized the protection circuits on it to make it safe.

IMG-20181120-151405-3.jpg

The mod I'm using it with now is a Wismec P80 which is a single-18650 mod, but they also sell popular dual-battery models if you want to extend how long you can vape with it. I bought 100 P80 mods that I have in stock for the first 100 people who don't have one and need to add it on (max $35 addt'l).

Other vapes I like a lot that inspired this creation and influenced my design are the Glass Symphony, Elev8r, and Tubo Evic.

Below is a 5-min video clip of a complete session from start to finish:

How much is it and where can I buy one?

$99 @ Bud's Vape Shop (Current ETA Jan/19)

I anticipate being able to offer these to you very soon, and I will be posting all updates on availability in this thread. I'll also be posting a full G43 video shortly, which I will post here once complete, as well as the complete written transcription on VC: https://www.vapecritic.com/g43/

A small group of trusted beta testers has already received their units and have started providing feedback. The beta period won't be too long, I'm doing this to figure out what last minute tweaks (if necessary) I should make to any of the parts before producing any more.

This project was mainly to see if I could create a heater that actually worked, and then when I did get it working I knew it was something you guys had to try for yourselves.

So this basic heater-only model that you need to use with a rig is my first base model that I purposely wanted to be as simple as possible. Then once you guys have had a chance to use it and provide feedback for me I can start integrating those ideas into the next upgraded version.

Once the G43 heater is perfected to our liking, I want to move my main focus to shrinking things down to get it all inside a portable unit the size of a medium box mod. I have an alpha version of this built that works and produces vapor, but it needs a ton of additional work to be a real vaporizer that can be sold, so it's on the back burner at the moment.

On a final note, this will be my first foray into manufacturing, and I know it puts me a weird position when I'm still a reviewer too. I just want you guys to know that I'll be doing my absolute best to remain neutral and unbiased when I talk about my vape as well as other company's vapes, your support is the only thing keeping me going.

I'm not currently taking any pre-orders but I do have a standby list of people who are interested and want to be notified when a unit is available for them to purchase. If you'd like to be added to this waiting list please post in this thread and let me know or send me a PM.

Please feel free to post any questions or comments you may have and I will respond to them as quickly as possible. My wife @VCHazel will also be replying and helping to the extent that she can :p

Stay up!
-Bud

P.S. I'm currently looking for a new US glass manufacturer and don't have any hot leads right now, if you happen to know someone who would be interested in producing my custom glass slides for me please reach out!

:leaf:
How do I turn on the mod box on the G43 Vape?

Vape Master,

Shit Snacks

If you have the G43 which buttons do I press to start it up...?

I only had the mod version of the G43, and it was set up with a P80 as I explained, so I don't know what you're talking about, the G43 attached to whatever mod you want...? So I don't know what mod you are using with it... As far as I know there was a G43 that could plug into wall power and a G43 that would run straight off a battery sled... So yeah I still don't understand what you're asking about exactly, sorry I can't help

Top Bottom