Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

Because you can control the temperature. Only one temperature on a vaporizer isn't something id want tbh.

People have different flavor, potency, and extraction speed preferences. Plus it allows to experiment with different set ups just like adding an ELEV8R bowl, etc.

The sledgehammer looks like an easier design to use / move compared to the mod version, but that's just my assumption from looking at photos/videos.

Also, I feel the MOD version has another advantage with it being able to be used with dual battery mods, which will equal longer battery life for the vape.

Please correct me on anything if im wrong.

Oh....sorry..I thought you had a Mod G already....your observations are point on....but to be honest...I think I would say that if you need to do lower temps or not take draws back to back very fast....get the mod version as the indications you point out are what you will get with the mod. It is also nice to know exactly where that SINGLE cell is at % wise at all times....and that you can run power more efficiently if you want. And....that timer is sooooooooo nice to have. haaaa

From the point of assuming most of the sled g's are close to the one I have... and run maybe a bit warmer than the 10.1w default starting point......which is were I am super happy (being a taste snob and also needing fast heavy pain relief).....the sled version seems to run maybe at 11w + or so. I tend to use it when I want big full hits and finish the bowl in a short period of time.

Also one other thing that I believe the mod version might allow better use for....is using smaller rigs or j hooks! You will not need as much power that a bigger rig or water rig will need.

MileHighHuman

Oh....sorry..I thought you had a Mod G already....your observations are point on....but to be honest...I think I would say that if you need to do lower temps or not take draws back to back very fast....get the mod version as the indications you point out are what you will get with the mod. It is also nice to know exactly where that SINGLE cell is at % wise at all times....and that you can run power more efficiently if you want. And....that timer is sooooooooo nice to have. haaaa

From the point of assuming most of the sled g's are close to the one I have... and run maybe a bit warmer than the 10.1w default starting point......which is were I am super happy (being a taste snob and also needing fast heavy pain relief).....the sled version seems to run maybe at 11w + or so. I tend to use it when I want big full hits and finish the bowl in a short period of time.

Also one other thing that I believe the mod version might allow better use for....is using smaller rigs or j hooks! You will not need as much power that a bigger rig or water rig will need.

I like higher temps and I like back to back hits, so does that mean I should I consider the sled g43?

I would like having dual batteries in a mod, but tbh ive got 6 batteries so swapping them out isn't an issue

Does this vapes performance decrease when the battery decreases? When using my box mod with an RDA and e juice, the performance is much better when using with fully charged batteries compared to ones that are half or low charged.

I would like the temperature control, but your last post has me a tad confused and im reading it as you feel the sledge g43 is stronger than the mod and better with back to back hits?

sickmanfraud

Also, I feel the MOD version has another advantage with it being able to be used with dual battery mods, which will equal longer battery life for the vape.

Thought about this exact point A LOT. Bud and many other users are very happy with a P80 which takes only one cell. I honestly don't consider this too "portable" so swapping batteries or using a 3 cell Mod would not make too much difference in my life.

I like higher temps and I like back to back hits, so does that mean I should I consider the sled g43?

I may be wrong since I am a G-43 novice, but I believe you need time to heat sink the class balls between hits with both versions? I am under the impression that it takes about a minute between hits (my experience so far).

sickmanfraud,

BestBuds

The Dude
You will get the same performance out of each.

Does this vapes performance decrease when the battery decreases?
. On the SledG Hammer, Yes.

The mod G43 let's you control wattage and it also has a longer wire. They both perform the same. If you went hotter than the sledG hammer you would combust. So the Mod G can go lower.

Either is Beasty.

Baron23

What are thoughts about the sledgehammer, since its temperature can not be adjusted?

Im assuming the MOD version is superior?
So, IMO neither of them are really temperature controlled devices. Pre-heat time...heat sinking the glass balls....seems to be the major factor and not wattage.

I have both and both, if allowed to pre-heat for 4 to 5 minutes will result in huge clouds IME.

Want lower temps, shorten the pre-heat.

One of the major advantages of this vape is its simplicity which reaches its peak with the sled version, IMO.

Best of luck....

LabPong

I would like having dual batteries in a mod, but tbh ive got 6 batteries so swapping them out isn't an issue

Does this vapes performance decrease when the battery decreases? When using my box mod with an RDA and e juice, the performance is much better when using with fully charged batteries compared to ones that are half or low charged.

I would like the temperature control, but your last post has me a tad confused and im reading it as you feel the sledge g43 is stronger than the mod and better with back to back hits?

If you like hotter hits.....you can just up the wattage on the mod version to offset the reheat time between hits. The sled is just easy to use and get auto clouds as Baron as alluded to many time...and I agree. The sled in one way is more efficient with power delivery as the electric circuit is shorter and has less connections that allow for less resistance and allow a more free flow of the power to the G.

But.....you just have to pick which is more important to you.....and it looks like you would be more happy with a mod version for its ability to use 2 cells, control desired temps more than the sled, and the fact that you have experience with mods.....tells me the Mod is for you! lol

I do not notice the power drop off much at all with the mod...because I have it cut off power at a specific voltage. The sled you can sense the power drop with a depleted cell....but also the quality and condition of your cells is important. LG HG2's for me!

Chandler

Time to put the showerhead away. SledG soaking. Took the original mod G out on the road the other day with a jhook. Bbqing wit the ppls, one session over the course of a 40oz bottle of bourbon... G43 been on hiatus due to VAS and testing... But yo. That one session had me so nice. Was a joy to reacquaint myself. I think during this covid shutdown period I'll test g and G alone... Looking forward to loading up 2 G's in the dual pitchfork/widowmaker

Cheers

Edit* blessed @VapeCritic includes a battery otherwise I'd be SOL. Can't seem to find these protected batteries in Ontario.

Any Canadian recipients strike gold and found these suckers?

Chandler,
Reactions: Creeper

Darr1

Loving my g43 sled , haven't stopped using it !! I'm pretty sure there was some advice previously regarding cleaning the unit and how to take apart but I can't seem to find it , don't want to keep going over the same thing can anybody point me to the correct post please or if I read it somewhere else does anyone have any tips ?? How do I remove screen / balls etc just worried about screwing the electrics lol. Thanks in advance

Darr1,
Reactions: Creeper

Terpenetime

How long are the sled versions lasting on a charge?

Around 50 minutes

Loving my g43 sled , haven't stopped using it !! I'm pretty sure there was some advice previously regarding cleaning the unit and how to take apart but I can't seem to find it , don't want to keep going over the same thing can anybody point me to the correct post please or if I read it somewhere else does anyone have any tips ?? How do I remove screen / balls etc just worried about screwing the electrics lol. Thanks in advance

nonamekevin

Around 50 minutes

Thanks friend. I think the website says to heat for 3-5 minutes prior to applying it to your herb. With around 50 minutes of use per battery, that's a max of 10 heat up cycles per battery, not accounting for time spent drawing, stirring, etc. Am I understanding it correctly, that you could probably get 8 full bowls of use before having to recharge?

Appreciate dude. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

Terpenetime

Am I understanding it correctly, that you could probably get 8 full bowls of use before having to recharge?

No, in practise you’ll get much less, although it ultimately depends on how much you load, how big your hits are and how long you wait between draws.

I typically load between 0.15 and 0.2, then wait around 5 minutes for my first hit as I want the great initial flavour AND a big cloud. I’ll probably then take another three hits over the next 10-15 minutes, so the total session time is around 20 minutes. Consequently, I’ll get 2 sessions per battery change or possibly 3 if I speed up a bit.

However, if you only wait one minute between hits, it’ll be all over in under 8 minutes and you might get as many as 5-6 sessions per battery charge but that would be the theoretical maximum in my opinion.

Thanks @Terpenetime much appreciated :clap:

Here’s another (later) one for you...

Last edited by a moderator:

nonamekevin

No, in practise you’ll get much less, although it ultimately depends on how much you load, how big your hits are and how long you wait between draws.

I typically load between 0.15 and 0.2, then wait around 5 minutes for my first hit as I want the great initial flavour AND a big cloud. I’ll probably then take another three hits over the next 10-15 minutes, so the total session time is around 20 minutes. Consequently, I’ll get 2 sessions per battery change or possibly 3 if I speed up a bit.

However, if you only wait one minute between hits, it’ll be all over in under 8 minutes and you might get as many as 5-6 sessions per battery charge but that would be the theoretical maximum in my opinion.

Here’s another (later) one for you...

You the man @Terpenetime, thanks for the info. :rockon:

MileHighHuman

So everyone is happy with Bud's choice of battery? (The LG MJ1 battery)

Also any tools that make it super easy to load flowers?

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

Terpenetime

I’ve no issues with the LG MJ1 batteries that Bud supplied. However, they’re not universally available so Bud is looking into alternatives. You can keep abreast of developments here...

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6418/where-to-buy-the-lg-mj1-battery-for-the-g43-sled/p1

it’s easy enough to load herb into a G43 straight out of a grinder but I prefer to use a Scoop-N-Tamp tool from Delta 3D Studios.

https://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-tamp-vape-tool/
8-BE8-C72-D-DB82-4-E6-E-970-A-D1421-D11-B2-D7.jpg

LabPong

What others would you choose? There are super limited choices here with a protected button head 18650....but Im happy it is an LG cell as it handles the load well!

For herb scoops....to me nothing beats the Newvape made Pax tool

2744-6_1.jpg

Tweakz

@Terpenetime , @GoldenBud - you correctly noticed. I love heavy blows and big clouds. combined with the best taste. and now consider tm and elev8r to be my favorites. tm generally became a daily driver

and I watch a lot of the G43. I like what Vapecritic (Bud) does. he is a good person and I want to support him and will be added to the waiting list. but the heating time for me remains too long . can not it be changed?

Tweakz,

GoldenBud

No, from cold to cloud it'll take atleast 4 minutes of waiting. consider this vape as a desktop one almost. it takes time for the heater to be prepared. But it's cheap..If you already have a mod and batteries, hehe. But according to @LabPong , this vape hits hard as the ELEV8R.

*I tried this vape once, like a mini GS. It hits hard, good taste (dry bong i used)

Last edited:

HighLads

Is it possible to join a list for either of these vapes? Give me hope in these dark times!

HighLads,
Top Bottom