Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

I did a preheat at 25w for 5 minutes to see how the vape would be, the core was glowing orange so I'm pretty sure I would have combusted if I used it at that point IMHO.

Running it at 25w.....your going to test CS for warranty with VC or your Mod manu lol

Your rig might be limiting you somewhat....not sure. But trying pulling harder so you hear the air rushing in the tip of the G slide...that is when you have enough draw pressure.

LabPong,
Reactions: Creeper

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you pack your cannabis in the top-hat basket screens or the internal basket screens or the glass joint?

sickmanfraud,

BestBuds

The Dude
Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you pack your cannabis in the top-hat basket screens or the internal basket screens or the glass joint?
You put the bud in the glass joint and the basket screen holds it in. The rimless basket screen inside holds the glass balls in and a flat screen is used to insure that stays in place.
There are some others that use it with a Elev8r bowl and don't put herb in the G at all they put the herb in the bowl. I haven't done that so I can't say much more about it.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Running it at 25w.....your going to test CS for warranty with VC or your Mod manu lol

Your rig might be limiting you somewhat....not sure. But trying pulling harder so you hear the air rushing in the tip of the G slide...that is when you have enough draw pressure.

Yeah it was hot lol. I've been down around 17w with the last session and will probably keep searching for the right wattage, experimenting with the unit has been fun so far.

Creeper,

Baron23

I am also having to go significantly higher than the 11 Watts Bud talks about.

At 12.5 I am still not getting hits any better than my Portables?

How high can the Watts go before combustion comes calling?
IMO and IME, longer pre-heat is more effective than upping the wattage.

Go for four or even five minutes on initial warm up and if you aren't getting clouds like a house afire, then somethings wrong with your device.

imor jones

Hi peeps,
It's my turn to order a g43 as I am in the platoon 3. I wanted to go for the mod version. But actually the sledGhammer version seems to rock the same. Without having to experiment with the wattage. Terpenetime had both and say they rock the same. So the sledGhammer version seems to be just more easy. Where are the cons. You need the right batteries I think. Can't use the bunch of 18650 that I have anyway.
Is this right?
What are your suggestions?
Peace and stay up ;)

imor jones,

SlinkLink

Hi FC. I just received my G43 (sled version) from Bud and I cannot seem to get it to perform well at all. I know this can be a great device based on other's experience so either I am doing something wrong or I am concerned that it may be defective. I get maybe 3-4 whispy kinda soapy tasting hits and more importantly no noticable medicating effects after stirring each hit after 5 minutes of pre-heating. The glass gets hot, yet not quite too hot to touch. The avb is still visibly green with only slight darkening after a 15-20 minute session. I use a fully charged battery. I am regretting not getting the mod version, as it has adjustable wattage and I could see what was going on. Any advice?

imor jones

I was reading something about special batteries for the Sledge. But don't know. Just ordered the mod version

imor jones,

Terpenetime

The glass gets hot, yet not quite too hot to touch

You definitely wouldn’t want to touch the glass on a properly working SledGhammer so it does sound like something may be amiss. I’d suggest reaching out to Bud and see if he can diagnose the problem and find a resolution.

I was reading something about special batteries for the Sledge. But don't know. Just ordered the mod version

The mod version uses unprotected batteries whilst those on the Sledgehammer are protected. Bud lists the ones he recommends on the shop website.

Terpenetime,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
so, 3.7v battery with 3000 mAh storage, is 11.1 watt-hours. So, an hour. Theoretically. A bit less since the voltage will drop as it discharges. Right?

Hippie Dickie,

LabPong

Hi FC. I just received my G43 (sled version) from Bud and I cannot seem to get it to perform well at all. I know this can be a great device based on other's experience so either I am doing something wrong or I am concerned that it may be defective. I get maybe 3-4 whispy kinda soapy tasting hits and more importantly no noticable medicating effects after stirring each hit after 5 minutes of pre-heating. The glass gets hot, yet not quite too hot to touch. The avb is still visibly green with only slight darkening after a 15-20 minute session. I use a fully charged battery. I am regretting not getting the mod version, as it has adjustable wattage and I could see what was going on. Any advice?

What rig are you using with the G? First thing you can try is drawing harder.....listen for the air rushing into the top of the G slide....that is when you are hitting it hard enough.

Also do not pack tight....looser is better.

LabPong,

SlinkLink

What rig are you using with the G? First thing you can try is drawing harder.....listen for the air rushing into the top of the G slide....that is when you are hitting it hard enough.

Also do not pack tight....looser is better.

I am using the j hook from Bud. I should probably get a proper 18mm rig, but I don't think that is my issue. I am taking quite strong pulls, harder than my crafty. I do hear air. But very weak/no vapor. I added more balls to tighten it up because they were a good bit loose and that seemed to help a bit with heat retention, however it still seems as though it doesn't quite get up to proper vaping temp.

Last edited:
SlinkLink,
Reactions: iamdiosa

LabPong

I am using the j hook from Bud. I should probably get a proper 18mm rig, but I don't think that is my issue. I am taking quite strong pulls, harder than my crafty. I do hear air. But very weak/no vapor. I added more balls to tighten it up because they were a good bit loose and that seemed to help a bit with heat retention, however it still seems as though it doesn't quite get up to proper vaping temp.

Ok......the j hook is fine and should not limit your draw power at all. What about your flower....make sure it is really dry and that would be the only other thing that would be an issue that I can think of....if the vape is working properly.

Also, yes....careful of the screens inside the slide that hold up the balls inside the heater. Every once and a while I push it up lightly with the end of a wood brush tool. Sometimes you know it might be a bit loose if the balls around the top of the wire get looser.

almost there

That is good to know thanks.....but what about the warning on his site about the new version....
"Be careful when running the firmware with non-TUBO heaters." ?
lots of beginners will run whatever FW they hear about without any prior knowledge that the tubo firmware is custom designed by FJ to operate his heater. All the default settings are programmed for maximum performance for the tubo/tetra. If someone loaded the FW and fires off a heater like the splinter at cruise with an output of 70 watts, you can imagine the results. Adjustments to the settings need to be made before running any other 510's

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
So last night I did 14w with a 7+ min preheat and while I did enjoy the experience I found the G43 didn't stay hot enough for me to vape the entire bowl in one shot before the battery was too low.

Later on I did 16.5w at 5 min and it was much better overall but a little too hot in the beginning.

I feel like I need to do lower wattage for flavour and bump it up half way to finish the bowl. Might do 15w to start a bowl and half way jump to 17w with a small 1-2 min pause for the heater to do its work. Overall though this thing is really amazing I can't believe how much better it is compared to quartz heating tip. I jumped on the preorder list to buy another one lol.
:rockon:

Baron23

So last night I did 14w with a 7+ min preheat and while I did enjoy the experience I found the G43 didn't stay hot enough for me to vape the entire bowl in one shot before the battery was too low.

Later on I did 16.5w at 5 min and it was much better overall but a little too hot in the beginning.

I feel like I need to do lower wattage for flavour and bump it up half way to finish the bowl. Might do 15w to start a bowl and half way jump to 17w with a small 1-2 min pause for the heater to do its work. Overall though this thing is really amazing I can't believe how much better it is compared to quartz heating tip. I jumped on the preorder list to buy another one lol.
That ain't right....14W and 7 min preheat and it should have looked like you had a house on fire in your mouth when exhaling.

Something is not right with your G43 or mod, IMO.

BestBuds

The Dude

Imma have to back Baron up on that. Something isn't right with your G. :ugh:

LabPong

@Baron23 and @BestBuds, hmm... definitely not that hot, I'll have to contact Bud and see what he thinks. I don't mind as works for me on the higher wattages.

But understand it is not supposed to used at that higher range of wattage. Possibly it is causing a slight longevity loss of the heater ..but more importantly.....it's costing you a lot of battery time usage. You should be able to get 4 12 minute sessions with it on a charge....if your cell is good.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@LabPong ahhh, that makes sense especially regarding battery life. When I finish one session it usually displays ~30% charge remaining so I'm way off your numbers.

@Cl4ud3 I sent Bud a message last night through Vape Life forum, is there a better way to reach him?

Creeper,

LabPong

@LabPong ahhh, that makes sense especially regarding battery life. When I finish one session it usually displays ~30% charge remaining so I'm way off your numbers.

@Cl4ud3 I sent Bud a message last night through Vape Life forum, is there a better way to reach him?

Let us know if you do not hear from him in the next 3 days.....

Do you use the VLF forum? Probably best way to alert him as well would be to tag him with the @ in the G43 main thread HERE.

LabPong,
Top Bottom