Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Stu
I just realized as I'm reading through new comments that I didn't publicly acknowledge your charts!

SUPER cool and helpful man, thank you very much, I don't have the equipment to do that testing myself so you really did me a huge solid :clap:

I've been telling people on the live streams when they see me use it that my guesstimate for the max temperature inside the oven is roughly ~400f based on the extraction and AVB I get.

With the box mod setup you can always adjust this up or down, but with the battery holder-only version it's going to be tuned to get to just about 400f max inside the oven.

Thanks again bro!!

:leaf:

Are you prepared to sell internationally @VCBud ?
Yes sir!

I was reading too fast and you got me to slow down...I thought you said Bud was sending out loaded vapes! Now THAT's some fuckin service!
Wooooooooo! hahah

But he can cross big, satisfying hits off the to-do list!
Music to my ears, thanks for your help my friend!

Why does it need to have protection circuits? Not being a smart arse, I honestly don’t know. I mean I’ve seen @VCBud use one so I can’t understand why he can’t just sell that to me. Like right now! :haw:
I know right! :lol: The extremely simple version where you use an unprotected 18650 in an unprotected battery holder works awesomely well, BUT if something were to go wrong, like the coil wires crossing or something if it's damaged, this could cause it to short circuit which would be no bueno. I'm going to figure some basic protection so that I can still offer the holder-only version that'll work with unprotected 18650's, since a lot of people have those already.

So his customers don’t burn their house down and suit him.
or to put it bluntly :rofl:

So basically, from @Stu tests I'd assume that this vape is def good for concetrates as well, right?
Yes you can vape concentrates with it, you just need some kind of medium to put it on before you place it inside the oven. I've been using a small healthstone in my streams and it works very well, but I'm having trouble sourcing these and can't find any more. The size is need is specific and very small, 9.5 to 10.5mm in diameter.

If I may ask, how's the first 100 list going? Is there still room or it has been filled? I'm not familiar with mod vaping so if I understood correct the 1st 100 volunteers will pay for a mod included vape, right?
There's a little over 200 people on the list and I'm not sure how many will order when it comes time but I'm doing everything I can to get more slides in so that I can make as many as possible. I do have 100 P80 mods in stock for the first 100 people who need one and want to add it on to their order.

PS1: Not to mention that whenever I see Bud's videos using this lovely stirring tool/pick, I feel great owning one as well (420 giveaway almost 2 years ago I think)... Many thanks for it, now that I get the chance to thank you here.. :)
PS2: Keep up the excellent reviewing on other vapes!
PS3: All the best with your new G43 project!! Convection vapers salut you!! :wave:
Enjoy the pick and if you need another one I got you! Thank you very much for your kind words of support, it truly means a lot. Convection all the way baby!! ;-)

Damn I was really feeling this one until the 4 minute heat up time was mentioned, I thought it was more like two. It's not that 4 minutes is unheard of long but I feel like that's longer than my session would take.
Workin on it! If I can get custom firmware programmed I'm pretty sure we can have it boost the wattage for the first 30 seconds to make it heat up faster, then automatically drop it to 11 watts when it's ready to cruise. Hopefully I can get this worked out soon.

Can somebody post a video of the G43 really crushing a bowl like the Flowerpot can? In one hit, 747 Showerhead style, milking a big beaker or something?
I will make sure I post this soon :tup:

@VCBud please add me to the waitinglist... thank you...
Asked my friend and he wants adding to the waiting list too (under my banner) please @VCBud
@VCBud please add me to the waiting list... thank you...
@VCBud I'd also be interested in being put on the waiting list.
I think I'd like to go on the list if I may please
Since international shipping is not an issue, please add me in that list.
I just added you guys to the list, THANK YOU very much for your interest!!

Merry Christmas to all, I will be replying to all comments I missed shortly!

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron23

FP is going to win every time because is has a bigger and more consistent mass of heat.

I haven't really found this to be true. With a four minute pre-heat of a .2-ish size load through a nice 65 mm stemless can bubbler, pulling as hard as I can....well, I have gotten as big of clouds out of the G43 as I have gotten from any vape. Two huge draws then a few clean ups.

This is not to to try to make some hard comparison between FP and G43 or really any vape. They are all different and I love each of the 10 or so vapes I own for their own reasons.

But as far as clouds....my G43 is nailing over the center field wall.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Late to the party....
Beta tester #008 reporting!

I have had the G43 for about 2 weeks now and it is a true portable desktop!
This tiny device can milk my RooR tube effortlessly with amazing flavor.

Heats up in 4 minutes for me at 13 Watts which is not bad at all.
Loading is very simple, just remove the mesh basket and load up, replace basket and you are good to go.
Fits any standar 18.8mm joint.
It requires a moment to start milking and quite a steady, fast pull to get the best performance.
I found a few stirs are required to finish the bowl and evenly vape the material.
Most of my bowls were 2 to 3 hits and then done, the 1st hit is out of this world, the 2nd hit is more vapor but less flavor with the last hits yielding some lighter clouds but little flavor.

The form factor is so small and compact.
The connections and workmanship on the device is great.
Very easy to use device.

A few minor inconveniences from my end, mostly just things that annoy me...
It's battery operated and I despise battery vapes for the most part. I was having a few amazing sessions a few days ago when all of a sudden the vapor slows...WTF??? Load another bowl and try again, super natural flavor but no clouds!! The battery was almost dead.
That's me and batteries!

The bowl area gets pretty dirty quite quickly with lots stuck to the glass.
A quick wipe with an alcohol swab gets it clean, so not a big deal. Just regular maintenance.

A MOD is a foreign item to me...I need to find the manual and figure this thing out. Lots of options but don't want to change anything. LOL!

I have been pondering on the cord situation...
It is very nice cord but I find it too stiff and would prefer something more flexible

I have yet to disassemble it for a full cleaning but it looks like fun! My Glass Symphony has lost a few balls from stoner maneuvers! Hope not to lose any of these but luckily the vape comes with a full replacement set!

I would love a G43 that ran off a VVPS!!!

This short review provided courtesy of the G43 #008 and some Romulan!

Baron23

So you're loading flower and letting it heat up together with the G43 heater?

Does it start cooking a bit within that time frame?
No...the flower does not cook during pre-heat. The oven is not that hot and its full convection so no extraction until you draw.

Oh, I supposed if you had a REALLY BIG mod with lots of batteries and just left it in cruise for half an hour that it would dry out your herbs and maybe drive out some volatile terps...but no...very little conduction if any in this vape.

A MOD is a foreign item to me...I need to find the manual and figure this thing out. Lots of options but don't want to change anything. LOL!

Myevic firmware (what Bud loads on the mods) documentation is found here:

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic

Cheers

juxt

I suggest you stick around here for a while and monitor various threads and you will see that your opinion will evolve with time as you gather more information about vapes and vaporizing.

OK, right, not to get into it, but you are correct, you don't know me. How long have I been here? How long have I vaped? How many vapes do I own?

WHO ARE YOU? What's your name? My name is James, and I'd like to talk to you face to face one day and hug you and tell you I love you. I can say this with authority, I KNOW WHO I AM, do you?

I just said to someone else, the G43 is not my last vape. But instead of talking to some points here you attacked me in the only way you could, on a message board. I'm not into that bro. If you got BEEF, let's talk, otherwise answer my legitimate questions.

I apologize to everyone if this is weird, but I have a high standard. Not just when people know my name, but every moment. I want to be around good people. I'm looking for them here.

wall

So maybe I'm weird but the thought of needing to keep a mod firing for 4 minutes doesn't always seem like the thing I want to do all the time, so am I crazy for saying I'm going to get a GS along with this and use them when I feel the time is convenient? Anyone with both should chime in but I feel sometimes I'm just going to want plugged power and not want to drain my mod. Again maybe I'm crazy but I assume they are different enough to have their own place and the same enough to get some similar results

wall,
Reactions: VCBud

juxt

Sorry if I was overly emotional above....

A MOD is a foreign item to me
for those of us former smokers, with 12432423423 mods already, this is a dream. And again another point for smokers, BANGING throat hit with a jhook. I bought one special just for this now it's that good. goes with me everywhere, taking it to see the inlaws at 5 today.

Oh, I supposed if you had a REALLY BIG mod with lots of batteries and just left it in cruise for half an hour that it would dry out your herbs and maybe drive out some volatile terps...but no...very little conduction if any in this vape
OK BROTHER, you asked for it, 'That's what she said' KAPOOYA KAPOOYA...sorry had to get that out too...
I use a big mod, wismec rfasdlkfjasdl;kfj gen 2 (or 3 because weed) 21700 ... hasn't burned out one after 15 minutes, but i rarely leave one on there that long (they go fast usually).

so am I crazy for saying I'm going to get a GS along with this and use them when I feel the time is convenient?
Absolutely right! Was I misleading? I thought I said I have 1200 vapes above and G43 is worthy get 1, but don't JUST get that. And it's not my LAST vape. And I don't get nor want $.01 for anything G43, I just got one to try for free. AND I will not let anyone come in Bud's thread here and change the subject, because his thing is that good. <<<<<<<<BARON this is your opportunity to tell me ... wait for it....

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

The red line is the temp in the middle of the load. As you can see during heat up, the temp of the herb barely rises during the heat up phase, and quickly cools between hits.

12w-temp-test.jpg

:peace:

juxt

BTW, when mentioning the stone you're using for the concetrates, do you reckon some hemp fiber would also do the job? Similarly to the way you would 'nest' some hash to throw it in a VC..

Yes, hemp fiber should work, but I like stones. just a wad of fiber but you'd have to swap the basket screen he uses now I think,maybe a reversed on that goes around the outside and just covers the lip of the hemp in there. I would draw it like those other guys drew stuff but ... weed.

I'm sorry, did I forget to mention that @Stu is the best damn measurements/chart man I've seen in ages? I so admire your stuff man. I know what goes into that, and you're giving it away to us for free. Well, you got a G43 out of it anyway.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
OK, right, not to get into it, but you are correct, you don't know me. How long have I been here? How long have I vaped? How many vapes do I own?
WHO ARE YOU? What's your name? My name is James, and I'd like to talk to you face to face one day and hug you and tell you I love you. I can say this with authority, I KNOW WHO I AM, do you?
I just said to someone else, the G43 is not my last vape. But instead of talking to some points here you attacked me in the only way you could, on a message board. I'm not into that bro. If you got BEEF, let's talk, otherwise answer my legitimate questions.

I apologize to everyone if this is weird, but I have a high standard. Not just when people know my name, but every moment. I want to be around good people. I'm looking for them here.
Telling your name tells me so much about yourself..,at least you know your name,i seem to have forgotten mine already.I dont think that a name that's given to a person before he was born ,tells any of the story behind.I am just Abysmal Vapor,i've been here,am now ,and will be,and also i wont be the last person you see here to reply to such bold claims .I am also vegan and i dont do BEEF... just the green stuff.I suggest you take a toke bro and chill.. I aint talking no bullshit here andif you think there arent vapes that can do the job as good as the G43,then your opinion sounds like the one of a newbie. Also probably there is some language barrier which made my post/writings sound attacking offensive to you.
There are plenty of people delivering top notch customer service here for years and products,that's why i suggested that you take a look in the other threads, Your post sounded to me like it doesnt take in account all those people and vapes :).
So with the respect for them in my mind i replied to your post and that's it.I didnt got into detail,because i spammed enough this thread with info about other vapes.
If you have any more points you wanna prove or else you can do that in a PM cause i wont derail this thread any further.
---------------------------------------
I have a question for the G43 users though. Do you see any vapor escaping from the top of the vape ? I guess that the herb inside is still hot and producing vapor when you remove it from the water tool.. How long does it take to make it dirty enough so cleaning is required. If it happens that your WT does a bit of blowback, do herb particles make it into the glass ball area ?
@lazylathe Great initial review bro. I guess i see partial answer to some of questions in it.
I dont think that much can be done for the flexability of the wires,because in order to avoid heating and energy loss they have to be a high AWG,which is where the stiffness comes from i guess.
Well i was hating on the batteries too,until i got a 4 battery mod.. lol..
Also draining the batteries low is not good for their health and as you see delivers diminished performance. I suggest draining your batteries to like 35-40% and then swap them(if you have more than one. That way they will charge faster and deliver better performance.You can also do a PA with the RSP-4-200 but it will add another pound to the concept and .
Which mod (model/brand) did you get, i have some experience with those,so if you like you can hit with a PM on the subject. Is your mod capable of running the Autofire or the Tubo software ?
Most of the mods have a 10/20 seconds cut off on the timer,so it will be real pain in the ass to puls it so often during the few minutes of operation.

Last edited:

juxt

So, I wanted to add that @Stu is definitely the best measurements/charts person I've seen in some time. Great job buddy! And you did it for free for us! YAY

I though that one guy that called me out might have something else to say to me. I wanted to say to him that I love him and it's ok that he called me out and I didn't mean to be rude when I responded, but he can PM me if he wants to talk.

Sorry Bud, I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Buddy I just read your response ... you didn't answer any of my questions or try to have a real interaction with me at all. You've just judged me NEWBIE. I agree with you. I am worthless, and no knowlege I have is greater than knowledge that can exist. You're right my name means nothing. I am Juxt, juxtapose, wht does that mean? I am meta bro. For real. You don't know your name? Talk with me. I want to know more about you. I'll tell you anything you want to know about me.

ALSO I AM A G43 USER... ASK BUD IF THIS FACT ESCAPED YOU .... maybe I should post a pic, if some people see something they think it's real. @Abysmal Vapor I"M TALKING TO YOU

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So, I wanted to add that @Stu is definitely the best measurements/charts person I've seen in some time. Great job buddy! And you did it for free for us! YAY

I though that one guy that called me out might have something else to say to me. I wanted to say to him that I love him and it's ok that he called me out and I didn't mean to be rude when I responded, but he can PM me if he wants to talk.

Sorry Bud, I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Buddy I just read your response ... you didn't answer any of my questions or try to have a real interaction with me at all. You've just judged me NEWBIE. I agree with you. I am worthless, and no knowlege I have is greater than knowledge that can exist. You're right my name means nothing. I am Juxt, juxtapose, wht does that mean? I am meta bro. For real. You don't know your name? Talk with me. I want to know more about you. I'll tell you anything you want to know about me.

ALSO I AM A G43 USER... ASK BUD IF THIS FACT ESCAPED YOU .... maybe I should post a pic, if some people see something they think it's real. @Abysmal Vapor I"M TALKING TO YOU

I've read the exchange between you two and I'm puzzled. I'm not sure why you feel defensive. Regardless, apology or not you are hijacking the thread and if you want to have a more personal interaction with @Abysmal Vapor then please take it to PMs. So far no rules have been broken but I get the feeling that if this discussion continues in the thread then it won't be long before it happens.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've read the exchange between you two and I'm puzzled. I'm not sure why you feel defensive. Regardless, apology or not you are hijacking the thread and if you want to have a more personal interaction with @Abysmal Vapor then please take it to PMs. So far no rules have been broken but I get the feeling that if this discussion continues in the thread then it won't be long before it happens.
Hey ! Already did that before even suggesting it,even did an invitation for in one of my posts. Please feel free to remove any of my posts that you find offensive or NOT on TOPIC.. I tried dealing with this in a PM,but it didnt earn much.. I was told i was arrogant and think that other people are LESS of me.. for saying their opinions sounds like the one of a newbie/fanboy.. How is that even an offence to someone ,lol...
Anyway i put an end to it already so there wont be any of it here or elsewhere. Appologies for the inconvinenince of having to read trough those,i dont really find myself much sense into it.. I just responded to a bold claim ,also tried to learn where i did wrong but without success .. So imo one is best to leave such things to an end before it gets Ugly or inappropriate. Everyone has quirks and issues and i agree it is best to not show them in the model specific threads,so once again APPOLOGIES to everyone that felt down reading my posts.
-------------------------------------------------------
Also just discovered the wonderful function of the IGNORE button.. it made sure that i dont have to reply to this user posts in Future .I would suggest everyone using that comfortable function instead of making a multiple post fight in the model specific threads or elsewhere :).. Cheers and thanks for caring and keeping this place clean.

Last edited:

LabPong

I haven't really found this to be true. With a four minute pre-heat of a .2-ish size load through a nice 65 mm stemless can bubbler, pulling as hard as I can....well, I have gotten as big of clouds out of the G43 as I have gotten from any vape. Two huge draws then a few clean ups.

This is not to to try to make some hard comparison between FP and G43 or really any vape. They are all different and I love each of the 10 or so vapes I own for their own reasons.

But as far as clouds....my G43 is nailing over the center field wall.

My reasons for stating that is because of a few things I was thinking at the time....multiple people using or taking draws back to back fairly quickly.....the G43 will struggle trying to keep up with a Flowerpot in that type of use. But yes...if you allow the G43 to maintain heat between draws (not that long 30-40 seconds)...you can get huge hits for sure. If you are the type of user that takes a draw.....stirs....or waits a min or two....the next draw will be full powered and the ones following will be too with that time between draws.

Usually I have more loaded in the flowerpot as well....so that with the larger mass of heat hitting it allow for better use with multiple people or back to back quick draws. But if you do not use like that....some might not even be able to tell much difference at all....but I do like the vapor from the G43 better.

Yea....comparing the 2 vapes is sort of hard as there are so many variables that can change the outcomes of opinions or results. But either one puts you on top tier vaping for sure!

But you are right Baron....and I do not think anyone will ever complain that they could not get a big enough hit off the G43.

Last edited:

LabPong

Bud will be releasing the G43's from his list of sign up's. You will have 2 days to purchase the vape when he releases it slowly. He will offer about 10 or so at a time and go down the list in order of when you signed up to want the vape.

So when he gets through the list of 100-200 or so people.....the G43 will then be open for anyone to purchase ....pending on availability.

This is what he explained recently in one of his streams.

Baron23

No, pure convection. I can even hold the glass slide down near the basket screen after it being warmed up.

The one section where the glass beads are (the beads are the heat sink, yeah?) is the one spot that gets too damn hot and IMO needs some sort of silicone sleeve or some other protection.

Does anyone know what size the glass balls in the G43 are?

3 mm

Last edited:
Top Bottom