Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

I'm always open to all feedback thanks man! That's a good idea and I believe that's what is going in the Tubo heater :tup:
Just for clarity, The Tubo is different (I believe, just had a quick look) to what I was suggesting.
I meant to use a glass tube in the same way you are using the rod, I.e. the coil wrapped around the outside, with only the 'return' wire inside.

As I understand it the Tubo places its coils inside a wider diameter tube (probably faster, more direct airflow with a slightly different result to your approach, maybe Tubo might have less 'inertia' but less 'muscle' off the line?).
Obviously I'm making guesses that I can't even call educated! (no experience with either device).

I like that the coil is SS, and only called upon to deal with low wattages, I imagine this means a low/zero risk of the nasties that many suspect might be released from red hot metal.
I bet that translates to good flavour too.
The absence of solder is also reassuring.

I look forward to beta testers reactions :nod:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Glass Symphony for scale. :p

IMG-1013.jpg

For anyone interested, GS weighs 296g and the G43 weighs 28g.

Before anyone asks, no it doesn't hit as hard as the GS. But it sure as hell hits way above it's weight class.:nod:

This thing is going to be nice for portable vapor bong rips on the back patio. I've really enjoyed playing with it so far. Temp charts coming soon.

The heat stays pretty localized in the middle third, so you can easily handle it by either end during use IME.

IMG-0003.jpg

I charted the external temps of the top part (green line) and middle (hot) part (red line) for shits and giggles.

g43-external-temp-test-at-11w.jpg

:peace:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You have my attention. Though, I'd be less interested in using it with a mod as with a wall plug-in adapter.
Though, at the same time, I like having the occasional option of using it with a 510 mod if the need arises.

duff

Well worn
I've been running the G43 on a wismec rx Gen3 with the myevic firmware and the autofire set to infinity.

Taste is great and you can rip it super hard or slow and steady.

There is loss of some heat between rips, but not much. A short break between hits and it's ready to deliver the goods again.

I haven't been able to see any glowing of the coils even in pitch black room.

For it's small size and cost, it's a solid choice.

11 watts
0.15g loaded
4 minute preheat

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I like the pricepoint and the modularity, i am interested in a unit.

That would be great. Please with adaptor for NV Controller :rockon:
The best you can do without inserting a thermoprobe inside is to run it of TC/TCR.
@VCBud Can the unit be easily disassembled for cleaning ? Maybe add spare crimps to package,if they get damaged in the process ?

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

I've been lucky to use the G43 single cradle battery version as my daily driver over a couple of months and it certainly holds up, very tasty and great extraction.

The cost is fantastic and it hits way above it's weight.

G43 Alpha single battery cradle version with water

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Glass Symphony for scale. :p

IMG-1013.jpg

For anyone interested, GS weighs 296g and the G43 weighs 28g.

Before anyone asks, no it doesn't hit as hard as the GS. But it sure as hell hits way above it's weight class.:nod:

This thing is going to be nice for portable vapor bong rips on the back patio. I've really enjoyed playing with it so far. Temp charts coming soon.

The heat stays pretty localized in the middle third, so you can easily handle it by either end during use IME.

IMG-0003.jpg

I charted the external temps of the top part (green line) and middle (hot) part (red line) for shits and giggles.

g43-external-temp-test-at-11w.jpg

:peace:

I've been running the G43 on a wismec rx Gen3 with the myevic firmware and the autofire set to infinity.

Taste is great and you can rip it super hard or slow and steady.

There is loss of some heat between rips, but not much. A short break between hits and it's ready to deliver the goods again.

I haven't been able to see any glowing of the coils even in pitch black room.

For it's small size and cost, it's a solid choice.

11 watts
0.15g loaded
4 minute preheat

I've been lucky to use the G43 single cradle battery version as my daily driver over a couple of months and it certainly holds up, very tasty and great extraction.

The cost is fantastic and it hits way above it's weight.

G43 Alpha single battery cradle version with water
Wow, this thing is looking mighty impressive for the modest cost!
:clap: @VCBud :clap:
What holds the glass beads in place at the herb end?
Conventional metal screen?

I love that it can be virtually cordless.
Any of you guys tried hitting it through a simple j-hook or similar?

HindelangGG

Looks awesome I will definitely get my self one. But as soon as I am a total newbie on the box mod market is my question if it would work with a eleaf istick Pico?

HindelangGG,
Reactions: VCBud

LabPong

How about a 5pin conector to be able to run it of an enail controller?

Looking clean and simple!

That is the last thing I would like with my G43. Because I use a flowerpot and Elev8r with coil.....it is super refreshing to feel the freedom of not being tethered to a cord when vaping!

I like using it like this.....
G43-Strapped.jpg

Looks awesome I will definitely get my self one. But as soon as I am a total newbie on the box mod market is my question if it would work with a eleaf istick Pico?

Any mod used with the G43 will need to be able to have "cruise mode". Or an ability to stay on for a long duration. My average session times are about 9-12 mins.

Most of us are using the myevic firmware (myevic.bin) , so if you have a mod that you can flash that on....your good to go.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
That is the last thing I would like with my G43. Because I use a flowerpot and Elev8r with coil.....it is super refreshing to feel the freedom of not being tethered to a cord when vaping!

I like using it like this.....
G43-Strapped.jpg

Any mod used with the G43 will need to be able to have "cruise mode". Or an ability to stay on for a long duration. My average session times are about 9-12 mins.

Most of us are using the myevic firmware (myevic.bin) , so if you have a mod that you can flash that on....your good to go.
Are you saying that you leave this on cruise control for 9-12 minutes at a time? I am farely new to firmware with cruise control and I have never ran cruise longer than 300 seconds. Does your mod get hot or does the tether prevent this? How is your battery life after one session and on what mod?

This device is very simple, yet pretty well thought out and the ability to connect to any rig is becoming more and more important to many for their home and portable devices. If I still vaped flower I would be all over it.

duff

Well worn
Are you saying that you leave this on cruise control for 9-12 minutes at a time?
It's not quite like fj's cruise.
This is through a different firmware (myevic) where it's called autofire.
So it's heating at 11 watts (in my case) for however long it's running. Nothing fancy.
My sessions are one load and last about 5-6 minutes typically.

If it makes you feel any better I don't have one.....
And that was funny.

wall

It's not quite like fj's cruise.
This is through a different firmware (myevic) where it's called autofire.
So it's heating at 11 watts (in my case) for however long it's running. Nothing fancy.
My sessions are one load and last about 5-6 minutes typically.

And that was funny.
Is it sur_myevic? that's what I'm running on my gen 3

Top Bottom