Fury Edge vs Arizer Solo II?

Paunaste

I've been choosing a vape for a week now, I'm a relatively new user but have used the Vapcap M before.
I'm basically between two choices:
  • Fury Edge + WPA + Dosing Caps = 150€
  • Arizer Solo II + WPA = 145€
Portability probably won't be the factor I decide by. I've also heard it is possible to change the batteries on the Solo II yourself without any hassle (no soldering).
I just need some honest opinions, best would be people who've had experiences with both vapes!

I'd like my purchase to be reliable so I don't have to purchase another vape for 2 years approx.
Can you guys help me pick?

Thanks!

Paunaste,
IMO, hands down. The Edge.

I like my Solo II. Albeit, it's not much different than my Solo I. But, IMO, the Edge beats them both. Bigger clouds. More options for stems/mouthpieces. Standard USB charger plug (I think both Solo I and II have round DC charger inputs and both have proprietary chargers). The Edge uses a standard USB (C) charger. Super fast.

My Edge is one of my daily users.

Paunaste

IMO, hands down. The Edge.

I like my Solo II. Albeit, it's not much different than my Solo I. But, IMO, the Edge beats them both. Bigger clouds. More options for stems/mouthpieces. Standard USB charger plug (I think both Solo I and II have round DC charger inputs and both have proprietary chargers). The Edge uses a standard USB (C) charger. Super fast.

My Edge is one of my daily users.
Thanks for the constructive answer!
The only drawback I have with the Edge is that it doesn't have a long-standing reputation like Arizer does, ergo I'm not sure if I can count on the Edge holding up for at least 2 years with no major problems.
Your answer does give me a lot more confidence towards the Edge though, is the Edge worth an extra 50€ over the Fury 2 though, what do you think?

Paunaste,

Sn4Pz

The only drawback I have with the Edge is that it doesn't have a long-standing reputation like Arizer does, ergo I'm not sure if I can count on the Edge holding up for at least 2 years with no major problems.
I've heard of problems popping up (PROTECT errors and the like) here and there over the years but nothing that HR hasn't worked with the customer on as long as you're respectful and understanding when messaging them. Personally, I've always gotten a response from HR, even if I'm not asking about a product I bought from them. They seem like nice people.

I've had a Fury 2 and Fierce over the years, and I've only gotten rid of them to give to my friends who want fuck combustion. If I had no friends I would still have them in my daily rotation, for sure :rofl:

Another reason I enjoy their products is the 50% lifetime replacement warranty. My fierce battery got so puffy (I abused the shit out of it, hardly their fault) that it was impossible to remove from the vape. They happily accepted the vape with the busted battery in it, charged me half the price of a regular battery and replaced it without damage to the device and didnt charge me for return shipping... I was pleasantly surprised :p

Paunaste

I've heard of problems popping up here and there over the years but nothing that HR hasn't worked with the customer on as long as you're respectful and understanding when messaging them. Personally, I've always gotten a response from HR, even if I'm not asking about a product I bought from them. They seem like nice people.

I've had a Fury 2 and Fierce over the years, and I've only gotten rid of them to give to my friends who want fuck combustion. If I had no friends I would still have them in my daily rotation, for sure :rofl:

Another reason I enjoy their products is the 50% lifetime replacement warranty, my fierce battery got so puffy (I abused the shit out of it, hardly their fault) that it was impossible to remove from the vape. They happily accepted the vape with the busted battery in it, charged me half the price of a regular battery and replaced it without damage to the device and didnt charge me for return shipping... I was pleasantly surprised :p
Will HR warranty hold up when ordering from authorized retailers though?

Paunaste,

Sn4Pz

Will HR warranty hold up when ordering from authorized retailers though?
I imagine so, just like most other products.

I bought a keyboard from a third party retailer and it comes with their own warranty, as well as the manufacturer's warranty. I would save the email showing your date of purchase though, otherwise some retailers default to the manufacturing date or the date which the bulk shipment was sent to the other retailer. I figure its the same for vapes unless specified otherwise.

That being said, I would email HR/the other retailer to make sure. I'm just a random dude, cant give you any concrete answers :shrug:

Sn4Pz,
Reactions: Paunaste

Paunaste

I imagine so, just like most other products.

I bought a keyboard from a third party retailer and it comes with their own warranty, as well as the manufacturer's warranty. I would save the email showing your date of purchase though, otherwise some retailers default to the manufacturing date or the date which the bulk shipment was sent to the other retailer.

That being said, I would email HR to make sure. I'm just a random dude, cant give you any concrete answers :shrug:
Just checked HR's terms and conditions, they clearly say the warranty is 100% ok if the device was bought from one of their approved retailers :)
Thanks a lot!

Paunaste,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Bazinga

I agree with with Hackerman. So much, that I sold my Solo II. For me, the draw resistance was too great. I also wasn't crazy about the form factor. (Although, I don't seem to mind the form factor on my Splinter). I still believe the Edge is the best bang for the buck. The Company is a pleasure to deal with. The device is very portable and has not given me any concerns whatsoever. Don't miss the Solo II at all.

Paunaste

I agree with with Hackerman. So much, that I sold my Solo II. For me, the draw resistance was too great. I also wasn't crazy about the form factor. (Although, I don't seem to mind the form factor on my Splinter). I still believe the Edge is the best bang for the buck. The Company is a pleasure to deal with. The device is very portable and has not given me any concerns whatsoever. Don't miss the Solo II at all.
Thanks a lot, will be going for the Edge then (unless someone posts something drastic that would change my mind) !

Paunaste,
Top Bottom