Friends that hate vapes / Vapor?

Hi all,
glad I found this thread. Haven't had MJ in 25 years. Always loved/respected it but not legal here. Still
not legal but detour on trip thru CO and voila----some primo rec CO cannabis. I did a lot of research before and read a lot on this new method-- vaping. So glad I did. Bought an entry vape pen at the CO shop and right away knew----this is IT.
The high is different but magnificent. IMO. Smoking MJ high gives you that jolt which isn't just the THC, it's all the toxic crap too. Like if I ever take a puff on a cig, the toxic crap makes me very dizzy. So that's missing and all you get in the vapor is the good stuff.
As others have said, vaping lets you use way less herb. I can hardly see the little "dose" I use. Very important for me as my CO 1/4 oz needs to last as long as humanly possible.
I knew immediately vaping was IT and just upgraded. Looked at the Arizer Solo, probably best vaporizer quality for the money. It's a lifelong investment so upgraded to the miniVAC. That was tough to push the final "order button" on their website :) Hope it's worth it. Anybody else have one?
I wanted to get one but just couldn't pay it. And I'm assuming your talking about the miniVAP? Right?

VapeNStone,

Alexvlad

All my friends love vaping with me, some of then don't own vaporizers but still the enjoy it very much.

Alexvlad,

ForeverRedBeard

Wormhole enthusiast
I feel like the only "legitimate" reason for disliking vapor is having used a shitty vaporizer.
Agreed. At first I didn't really like vaporization but that was because the only units I tried were the: VB and MFLB. I didnt care for them because I couldn't seem to hit it right ( Now i have no troubles). That was until my friend introduced me to the SSV and that is where my love evolved for vapes.

Grim Chiclets

Your profile pic makes that extremely believable lol.
Also just realized it said power cosmic under your screen name frelling awesome!
The fact that you said 'frelling', you live in MI, and your pic is Skorpius is frelling awesome! There's even a user named Farscaper on here!
But yeah, SSV converted me too after I tried the Plenty and realized vaping was awesome

ForeverRedBeard

Wormhole enthusiast
The fact that you said 'frelling', you live in MI, and your pic is Skorpius is frelling awesome! There's even a user named Farscaper on here!
But yeah, SSV converted me too after I tried the Plenty and realized vaping was awesome

Big time Farscape fan here. I love using the word frell all the frelling time. My routine for awhile was get home from work hit up my buddy to see if he wanted to chill and he'd bring his green and purple ssv over we'd vape and binge watch farscape.. I've been thinking about naming my EVO either Scorpius or Harvey.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
A friend of mine went through the effort of buying a portable vape (a knock-off $60 one) and found that it didn't get him as high as what he would have liked.. Massive shame that he didn't give himself a good first impression to vaporizing. He's also a pack-a-day smoker though so I can imagine the difficulty in giving anything other than smoke a chance

Radio,

SavedByTheVape

It often feels like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. It can be sooooo difficult for me to convince my friends to try vaping with me instead of just diving straight into bong rips and TI-nail dabs. It's pretty hilarious (almost like a magic trick every bloody time) when I finally get them to have a session with me because they are stoned solid after a couple vape rips, giggling beyond their heart's content and their mind's are utterly blown by the huge medicinal effect achieved from such a minimal amount of herbal material consumed

Nok21

There are three types of combustion converts, I've found: Instant, Over time, Never.

I find most combusters are "Over time" converts, it takes them a while to adjust to not inhaling carcinogens and tar. Others will try for months and months of purely vaping with less success than combusting somehow.

Then, a few lucky people get way blasted on vapes their first time.

I dont know.. Just something i kinda noticed haha

TeeJay1952

Among my pals I am John the Baptist as far as vapes go. I have had old biker drop stem, start shaking, eyes roll back in head and then say "Wow!"
I thought it was a stroke but it was just (just?) a head rush. I have had folks who tear through 2 joints take 3 puffs and cry enough!
The number of people who "Don't feel it." who call back next day and ask "What was in those cookies?" when they know damn well when they begged for them.

Nok21

Among my pals I am John the Baptist as far as vapes go. I have had old biker drop stem, start shaking, eyes roll back in head and then say "Wow!"
I thought it was a stroke but it was just (just?) a head rush. I have had folks who tear through 2 joints take 3 puffs and cry enough!
The number of people who "Don't feel it." who call back next day and ask "What was in those cookies?" when they know damn well when they begged for them.

I'm trying to aim for 100% combustion free, but 99% of the people i vape with either combust or don't like using vaporizers- so If I forget mine, I may take a few small puffs.. but lately I've even been passing that up unless someone has rolled one and is blatantly wasting good stuff. Even so.

I suppose a lot of my friends feel like I'm a little elitist because I'm so strict about vaping 99% of the time. I don't mean to insult someone when I say your pipe taste like ass, to me, it just does- because I got my palate back after the change. People don't insult me when they say vapes dont work for them, so whatever, right?

Worst I've had was a friend who tried vapes, and nothing but vapes, for 6 months. He went back to his pipe pretty quick, but I suspect that is because he was probably combusting behind my back while trying to make the switch. :disgust: Didn't even like my VG, but I suppose most of the older crowd has been using pipes far longer than I have so I'll give them that. However, after comparing usage (With a scale) Ive found that I get to the same "level" as him using 1/4 or 1/2 the amount he does.

EDIT: Actually, he loved the vapor genie but felt it wasn't better than smoking. He's much older than I am, so perhaps he will always prefer pipes.

The best I've had was a friend who's body was able to accept vapor day one. I loaded .2 with some pollen, they thought "Thats not nearly enough, man". Gave it a try, loved the flavor, called me 3 hours later to let me know he's "still going strong".:rofl:

Last edited:

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Its kind of akward in social situations when you pull out this device that looks like a walkie talkie....and suck on it for ages like a crack head...or a sick person with an asthma pump.......staring at them right in the eye while you do it. And they look at you back, like :uhh:. And everything goes silent.

Smoking is seen as cool and sexy (at least by those that do it). And vapes, well they're just not 'cool' yet. I think vapes are cool. I'm not sure if vapes are sexy? are vapes sexy? I think thats what vapes need to make them go mainstream. James Bond vaping with a whiskey, Bob Marley never without vape in mouth. Marilyn Monroe releasing vapor slowly out of her mouth and breathing it back up through her nose.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I used to dislike joints and blunts and found them wasteful for years before I ever heard of vaporizing. Was all about the glass bowl. Bongs even seemed like an inefficient method for me at the time. Even way back then, I heard how some people though joints were better. They succumb to that initial nicotine like rush. Like pulling from a cigarette. Once there was more of a ritual established with the bowl (Puff, puff, pass) and bowl smoking etiquette (burn a crescent or corner of the bowl) more of the people I knew adopted the glass pipe over the joint. Despite all I said earlier, I can still roll the perfect aerodynamic airtight bomber joint that doesn't banana burn. (burn on the side of the joint.) :lol:

The first person to recommend a vaporizer to me, never owned one himself. He knew of one medical MJ patient who own a PAX. I also wanted to own a vape because the Gov Cuomo of NY passed a MJ medical bill only allowing for a vaporizer as delivery device. That piqued my interest even more. But I had to venture on the subject on my own. I don't know anybody in my circle that vaporizes at all. They dabbled with E-cigs to quit smoking. But not much beyond that. We do have a few who are into blunts and joints. But they tend to be into every bad MJ cliche' you can imagine and know nothing of the new medical science data. Much less the latest vapor tech.

I am the only convert I know. I have only been vaporizing for 9 months and went from newbie to FC member. Vaporizing has open the door to other interests for me. I've even developed a taste for other vape-able herbs. Once I got my EQ with the DDave kit. I have been going through less per day. plus I can vape those other tasty herbs in the plant kingdom at the lower temps.:brow: So even when I run out, I can raid the tea section at the local Co-op and pick up a little something to take the edge off. I would never combust these other herbs for their effects, But I can extract them no problem with my EQ. MJ seems like an even more complex plan to me now than it did a year ago, and I thought I considered myself somewhat knowledgeable at that time. Barely scratched the surface compared to the new research and what I've learned at FC and the Inter-tubes.

So if you are trying to convert a hater, try to feel them out as to what they 'get' out of it. Then see how important the ritual is integrated into their session.
If you can narrow that down, It might be easier to pick out a vape or type of vape session to have to start them off. And tell them that the buzz will 'sneak up on them' so they aren't anticipating that nicotine-like 1st hit rush, that they get pulling from a J.

Nok21

I have only been vaporizing for 9 months and went from newbie to FC member.

Joining FC makes it all a game changer. You learn about your abv, cooking, extracts, tips and tricks for your vape from everyone- great move for anyone who makes the switch! Makes you feel less insane being around so many combusters too.

Hate going over to a friends to see a perfectly nice Volcano gathering dust while they all pack bowl after bowl. "You know, if you put those 8 bowls into your volcano, set it to high, and held in the VAPOR until you couldn't see any on the exhale, you probably be out of it half way through the bag- and have some leftover for cooking or another session". :disgust:

CuckFumbustion

Joining FC makes it all a game changer. You learn about your abv, cooking, extracts, tips and tricks for your vape from everyone- great move for anyone who makes the switch! Makes you feel less insane being around so many combusters too.
Agree with you on all points! That has to be frustrating seeing the Volcano gather dust. It offers the solution to getting medicated, But alas, you can't pass a bag around in the same manner as passing the bowl. Goes back to the ritual thing I was mentioning.

Got my Vape education here at FC University. :science:Could have easily went to the dark side if I didn't purchase the PAX as my first vaporizer or researched it here at FC.
I bought my EQ entirely from the recommendation from FCer's. Where to buy it from. How to mod it out. Etc. Which was another enormous gave changer, since now I can vape and enjoy other herbs from the garden. Some herbs even enhance the MJ's effects.

The usage of other tea's has even cut down my coffee consumption as well. My tolerance for coffee has lowered. So I use less coffee and herb to get the 'hippie speed-ball' effect. (that's the combo of weed and strong coffee)

Another thing that separates the burner from the vapor-er is the mind-set about 'party-ing'. When you MJ sesh, are you relaxing or are you party-ing? Any thoughts on that?

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Nok21

That has to be frustrating seeing the Volcano gather dust.

You have no idea.. The worst part is he's selling it for like half what its worth, and I can't have desktops, let alone a bag vape in my home. :bang:

EDIT: My PAX is also what really converted me to vaping, and my VG of course. MFLB got me started, everything else picked up where that left off! Pax is just so stealthy and easy to use/hide in a split second! But the cleaning..

CuckFumbustion

You have no idea.. The worst part is he's selling it for like half what its worth, and I can't have desktops, let alone a bag vape in my home. :bang:

EDIT: My PAX is also what really converted me to vaping, and my VG of course. MFLB got me started, everything else picked up where that left off! Pax is just so stealthy and easy to use/hide in a split second! But the cleaning..
Sorry to hear that. Not sure what might not allow a desktop at home for you. But anyway if this helps, Some people have their EQ sitting at their kitchen counter like it was a normal appliance, like say a blender or a toaster. It doesn't look anything like dope fiend device and can double as a food dryer. (If you need to offer an explanation to someone.) Maybe you could buy the Volcano for a 'friend' for later? I don't want to get you in trouble at home. Just hate to see you have to pass on a good deal.

Yea, when it came time to clean my PAX, I would imagine myself cleaning an M1 rifle. Guess the PAX2 requires less maintenance. PAX2 might be a good first time portable for the entirely uninitiated or perhaps an Arizer portable.

CuckFumbustion,

Nok21

Not sure what might not allow a desktop at home for you.

People I live with feel its just way overboard. I don't even like using my Sigelei 150W with my RDA/RTA around my family or friends because its big, but I've called my size limit at that, for now.

I just wouldn't want to try and hide it should some anti-vape friends/family stopped by, if I have a desktop it better be a "Its never moving from that spot" kinda thing, you know? I'd display it like a piece of art or my laptop, but currently people don't view it as a medical apparatus or even along the lines of having a nice set of wine glasses. Even though they LOVE those "Bargain Size" wine bottles.

If it fits in my safe, its safe. Overall, it boils down to social acceptance for me- and most of my family is still learning about vaping in general, as its still a new thing. Its spreading though.

On the Pax tip, its the best stealth vape I've owned (Not QUITE as stealth as the mflb, but outperforms it hands down). But that cleaning is about on par with me cleaning a .22 target shooting pistol, only with the pistol, I don't worry about solvents hitting a temp button! I still love my pax :tup: and will keep it until I have to warranty it, and then some.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

EQ might be the 'hide in plain sight' vape. Nothing artful, but the design does make it look like an appliance. Like something a foodie would own. It does come with a remote, if you wanted some sort of cabinet/safe arrangement. But then again I agree with you wanting to put a cap as to amount of vapeware to have around. I have 2 portables I use and 1 desktop. If I have a portable off the grid vape, then all my bases are covered and I won't feel like I've succumbed to VAS creep.

Now I understand another wrinkle why some people use bowls and lighters. Less hardware, Less maintenance, Off the grid. Can use an apple or a soda can, if in a pinch.

If it fits in my safe, its safe. Overall, it boils down to social acceptance for me- and most of my family is still learning and adapting.
We are in an interesting time where there is a definite sea change going on. Hopefully your family won't have to live with as much superstition surrounding MJ as we have.
But I'm still learning and adapting myself and frankly, on the far end of the curve. Combusters and anti-vapors on the other end. But I'd like to think we all are adapting.:nod:

CuckFumbustion,
Top Bottom