• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

DynaBox

Accessory Maker
I guess all right. seakip why do you think it looks somehow different?

DynaBox,

seakip

Ahh thanks guys! I'm not home and my roommate sent me a pic, I was comparing it to what I saw online (eg this) and because I was buying from a new website I was a little concerned but it seems to be all good!

Thanks guys! I get home on Saturday after a 2 month tolerance break and can't wait to use it :D

I have a few questions:
- Do I still need to run it empty a few times to get rid of the smell?
- How often do you guys clean with isptopynol?

seakip,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Did anyone ever get a clear answer from Smiss on the single fixed temp the V5.0 runs at?

I believe it is 192°C (377°F). That's what I was told, but by a vendor not Smiss. It makes sense to me because that was the fixed temperature of choice in the early day (Iolite, early log vapes).

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No it's 210°C for the V5.0 and 215°C for the V5.0S on red and I got that directly from my Smiss contact (blue is 195°C and purple is 205°C)

happyvapeman

I believe it is 192°C (277°F). That's what I was told, but by a vendor not Smiss. It makes sense to me because that was the fixed temperature of choice in the early day (Iolite, early log vapes).
I`ve heard 385 F and 415 F and vendors can be notoriously poorly informed, so I`m still hoping some one may have something from Smiss on this one...

happyvapeman,

happyvapeman

No it's 210°C for the V5.0 and 215°C for the V5.0S on red and I got that directly from my Smiss contact (blue is 195°C and purple is 205°C)
Thanks @KeroZen , so I should go up to 7 on my Arizer Solo (410 F) to vape at the same temp as my V5.0...that sounds about right...

We cross posted but I already gave the exact numbers earlier in the thread anyways.
Damn, I looked and couldn`t find that post...thanks again guys!

happyvapeman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I stand corrected, provided of course that we're talking about the same V5.0. ;) 210°C seems a bit high to me and a lousy choice.

pakalolo,

happyvapeman

I stand corrected, provided of course that we're talking about the same V5.0. ;) 210°C seems a bit high to me and a lousy choice.

I know they`re different designs but I`ll crank my Solo up to about 6 (401 F) and see how my ABV compares to my FM V5.0 ABV...

happyvapeman,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes it's a bit high hence the very quickly degrading taste (ABV/popcorn kicks in after 3-4 draws I find) but at the same time it gives nice clouds and extracts pretty much everything at once.

Honnestly even the blue setting at 195°C on the 5S is way too high for me, I prefer starting around 170°C when the strain is delicious or 180°C when it has a more basic skunky dank taste.

KeroZen,

happyvapeman

Yes it's a bit high hence the very quickly degrading taste (ABV/popcorn kicks in after 3-4 draws I find) but at the same time it gives nice clouds and extracts pretty much everything at once.

Yeah @KeroZen it does seem to make sense that it would be that high given the quality of the vape...I`m looking to get as much CBD as I can out of every hit so I actually like the set temp of my FM V5.0.
I`m trying to find a similar setting on my Solo so I can get the same effect, so I`m going to hit it at a lot higher temp than I`ve been trying it at...

happyvapeman,

Wahiker

Looks the same as the box mine came in.

[EDIT] Sorry for the out of sync post. I thought I was the first to respond to the question about getting the wrong one, then when I posted my response, all these other posts suddenly appeared. I didn't see a way to delete my post!

Last edited:
Wahiker,

DynaBox

Accessory Maker
I believe it is 192°C (377°F). That's what I was told, but by a vendor not Smiss. It makes sense to me because that was the fixed temperature of choice in the early day (Iolite, early log vapes).
if any of you have a laser thermometer could see what the temperature is in the chamber model v5.0

DynaBox,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
lol it wouldn't hurt to verify... unfortunately contact-free thermometers tend to be inaccurate when used on shiny/reflective surfaces... like a ceramic bowl. But judging by my other vapes that have more precise temperature control (like the Ascent) I think the 210°C figure is correct, give or take a couple degrees maybe. The ABV ends up quite dark, even if I know it's not the best indicator.

KeroZen,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
unfortunately contact-free thermometers tend to be inaccurate when used on shiny/reflective surfaces
Sorry to go OT on this, but is that also true of the "Temporal Scanners" being sold for taking baby temps? I have a friend who just had a baby and I was going to get her one of these...

cybrguy,

max

Out to lunch
if any of you have a laser thermometer could see what the temperature is in the chamber model v5.0
You won't get the vaping temp unless you're drawing while checking the temp.
still having trouble with the bottom screen
Your best bet, for removing/cleaning, is to replace it with a regular ss screen (that'll improve air flow as well). I don't think much thought was given to the process of getting it out, undamaged.

virtualpurple

Sorry to go OT on this, but is that also true of the "Temporal Scanners" being sold for taking baby temps? I have a friend who just had a baby and I was going to get her one of these...

@cybrguy Temporal thermometers are generally fine for adults and kids 2+. Temporal thermometers tend to be inaccurate in babies because these thermometers are intended to be swiped over the temporal artery. Anatomy is just too small on babies to get an accurate temperature. Some pediatric floors endorse using the temporal thermometers and just swiping down the leg along a larger artery, however it still isn't accurate enough to be used as a standard. It is more accurate than an axillary (underarm) temperature but less accurate than a rectal temperature.

How they perform on shiny surfaces I'm not sure.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: cybrguy
Top Bottom