• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

danthepan124

You won't get the vaping temp unless you're drawing while checking the temp.

Your best bet, for removing/cleaning, is to replace it with a regular ss screen (that'll improve air flow as well). I don't think much thought was given to the process of getting it out, undamaged.
what do you mean? I can't even get it out T___T what regular SS screen do you use?

danthepan124,

Deano

I have the new v5.0s that I'm about to send back. I either have a defective unit or they all overheat.

The device gets really warm even on the lowest setting. The glass mouthpiece gets hot too making the vapor warm and somewhat harsh on your throat.

It pales in comparison to my solo.

Deano,

danthepan124

I have the new v5.0s that I'm about to send back. I either have a defective unit or they all overheat.

The device gets really warm even on the lowest setting. The glass mouthpiece gets hot too making the vapor warm and somewhat harsh on your throat.

It pales in comparison to my solo.
Definitely send it in, my device gets warm on lowest setting, but it doesn't get super duper warm, also the mouthpiece does get warm just leave your lips closer to the top

danthepan124,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The shell is aluminium and acts as a radiator. It does get warm but not too hot, unless you are doing like 20+ minutes sessions. The mouthpiece can get warm too.

Keep in mind the vapor path is super short, it has no time and no surface to cool down excepted the short mouthpiece, it's bound to be warmer than the Solo.

To know if your device is defective it's simple: put in on red, it's 215°C. If your load combusts then it's defective, it you just get a dark ABV then it's working as designed.

Deano

It's just not what I thought it was. When inquiring about the flowermate I specifically asked how it performed in comparison to the solo because that's the only vape I've owned or tried and I was told it's equal to or better. I personally see no comparison whatsoever. The design is sleek and maybe slightly stealthier but the quality of the vapor, taste, etc isn't as good and gets really hot, almost harsh to hit.

Deano,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't know where you asked but I would not say it's equal or better than the Solo. This vape has many good points, as you said form factor and stealth, transportable without risk of breaking the straw, but also excellent battery capacity, quick to heat, easy to use and to maintain... but it only has 3 temp settings that are on the high side, a very short vapor path, and yes taste is not the best (due to the high temp and the full-on conduction/radiant heat design)

Your Solo has some convection aspects, a longer vapor path and can do lower temps. The FM5.S on "blue" is like starting your Solo session on level 4.

I hope you are not too disappointed but don't forget it's a cheap budget vape. Did you do the empty burn-ins? Mine needed a lot but now the taste is not the best but not that bad either.

danthepan124

Honestly, I have never tried the Solo, but I must say, for the price the FM5.0s is amazing. My friend got the Imag+ and I must say that I got the better deal only cause of price.

capcoho

It's just not what I thought it was. When inquiring about the flowermate I specifically asked how it performed in comparison to the solo because that's the only vape I've owned or tried and I was told it's equal to or better. I personally see no comparison whatsoever. The design is sleek and maybe slightly stealthier but the quality of the vapor, taste, etc isn't as good and gets really hot, almost harsh to hit.

Maybe you should try the silicone MP if you have one. I much prefer the silicone MP for the reasons you state ie) cooler vape and doesn't get hot.

capcoho,

max

Out to lunch
When inquiring about the flowermate I specifically asked how it performed in comparison to the solo because that's the only vape I've owned or tried and I was told it's equal to or better.
Nobody here told you that unless it was in a PM, and that would be a consensus of one. The FM is a pocket vape. The Solo was designed to compete with plug-ins. Apples and oranges really.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I also am a fan of the silicone mouthpiece, plus it allows the Vape to work in a 14mm water tool.

I also really like the wooden mouthpiece made for me by @Ed's TnT.

Randy from PIU was using one of Eds WonGs for his FMV5.0s some weeks back and had me jealous. That thing looked beautiful. Anything from @Ed's TnT is high quality and very effective. Plus Ed is such a great guy and really cares about his products and his customers!

virtualpurple

Randy from PIU was using one of Eds WonGs for his FMV5.0s some weeks back and had me jealous. That thing looked beautiful. Anything from @Ed's TnT is high quality and very effective. Plus Ed is such a great guy and really cares about his products and his customers!

I just can't speak highly enough of Ed. Not simply his quality of work, but also the quality of the man himself. Ed took on designing the Haze and Flowermate projects without any hesitation, and made beautiful work of them.

I have gotten to speak with Ed by phone a few times and have really enjoyed the conversations whether it's been talking shop or discussing the weather, he's a great guy to speak with and I owe him a phone call soon!

valleysquirrel

So would you guys consider the v5s to be better than the v5? (taste, battery life, efficiency, ease of cleaning)

I'm really considering getting one of these to use as my new 'on the go' in replacement of my pax

What do you think?

valleysquirrel,

danthepan124

So would you guys consider the v5s to be better than the v5? (taste, battery life, efficiency, ease of cleaning)

I'm really considering getting one of these to use as my new 'on the go' in replacement of my pax

What do you think?
I like the v5s only because of the settable temps

danthepan124,

unsorted

I don't know where you asked but I would not say it's equal or better than the Solo. This vape has many good points, as you said form factor and stealth, transportable without risk of breaking the straw, but also excellent battery capacity, quick to heat, easy to use and to maintain... but

Hi, new poster here. I've been lurking and learning since even before I got my V5.0S nearly five months ago. I've resumed partaking of the weed after roughly 30 years of abstinence due to random testing at work. After learning about vaporization in general and checking reviews and videos, I decided to try the Flowermate. It seemed to me to be the best deal and the least problematic. I ordered one and have used it for about 140 days now. I'm very satisfied with it. I most often use it with a D021 bubbler that I obtained through dhgate.
My question is: Is there something that I'm missing by not having a Solo or Air? I read those forums as well, and people seem to love them, but they're continually discussing battery and charger and stem issues. It's hard for me to appreciate why they're considered higher quality.
Can those of you that have used both Flowermate and Arizer products help me understand? Otherwise, I think I'm more interested in the W100 when it becomes available.

unsorted,

Deano

Hi, new poster here. I've been lurking and learning since even before I got my V5.0S nearly five months ago. I've resumed partaking of the weed after roughly 30 years of abstinence due to random testing at work. After learning about vaporization in general and checking reviews and videos, I decided to try the Flowermate. It seemed to me to be the best deal and the least problematic. I ordered one and have used it for about 140 days now. I'm very satisfied with it. I most often use it with a D021 bubbler that I obtained through dhgate.
My question is: Is there something that I'm missing by not having a Solo or Air? I read those forums as well, and people seem to love them, but they're continually discussing battery and charger and stem issues. It's hard for me to appreciate why they're considered higher quality.
Can those of you that have used both Flowermate and Arizer products help me understand? Otherwise, I think I'm more interested in the W100 when it becomes available.
Speaking from personal experience, the solo is considerably better than the Flowermate. I think owning it first before any other vape, the bar was set really high along with my expectations. If you've never tried a solo or have considered purchasing one just do it, you won't regret it.

happyvapeman

Speaking from personal experience, the solo is considerably better than the Flowermate. I think owning it first before any other vape, the bar was set really high along with my expectations. If you've never tried a solo or have considered purchasing one just do it, you won't regret it.

Yup, Solo is great but the FlowerMate V5.0 (s) is a great portable and they both get the job done really nicely. I use my Solo at home and my FM V5 will travel with me.
I did use the FM for several months as my only vape though and it definitely has served me well...

I would not say it's equal or better than the Solo. This vape has many good points, as you said form factor and stealth, transportable without risk of breaking the straw, but also excellent battery capacity, quick to heat, easy to use and to maintain... but it only has 3 temp settings that are on the high side, a very short vapor path, and yes taste is not the best (due to the high temp and the full-on conduction/radiant heat design)

I think @KeroZen says it really well and I like them both a lot (for different reasons) but both have a place in my vape arsenal...

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning! @virtualpurple and @Slow Draw McGraw Thanks so much for the kind words guys, I do so appreciate them and you all! I am just thankful that I am able to do what I love and have people like you all that love what I do! I am truly blessed! By the way where is this video of Randy at PIU using the flowermate with one of my pieces? I gotta tell you all the Randy is a great great guy and has done so much for me and my biz!

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hello and good morning! @virtualpurple and @Slow Draw McGraw Thanks so much for the kind words guys, I do so appreciate them and you all! I am just thankful that I am able to do what I love and have people like you all that love what I do! I am truly blessed! By the way where is this video of Randy at PIU using the flowermate with one of my pieces? I gotta tell you all the Randy is a great great guy and has done so much for me and my biz!

I'm sorry Ed, I meant to say, me and Randy sometimes share pics of our set ups for the night. He had this really pretty looking WonG he was using for his FM. Randy is good people and has taken very good care of me.

Top Bottom