FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Wahiker

Have you tried doing a search on this thread? I'm pretty sure there are several posts about water pipe hookups earlier in this thread.

Wahiker,
Reactions: KeroZen

danthepan124

Have you tried doing a search on this thread? I'm pretty sure there are several posts about water pipe hookups earlier in this thread.
There was one that was mentioned before, but if I remember correctly it was expensive...so I want the one I linked because its only 20

danthepan124,

unsorted

There was one that was mentioned before, but if I remember correctly it was expensive...so I want the one I linked because its only 20

Mine came with the glass mouthpiece. I ordered a silicone one and snipped off about 5/8" from the tip with sharp scissors. It fits decently in a 14mm receptacle by itself. But I use a small o-ring over it for a better seal. For an 18mm receptacle a little thicker o-ring would be required. Works great for me!

unsorted,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hopefully in a few days I'll get some good news guys... :brow:

@max: should I start a new thread for the FM5-Pro or is it fine to mix it in there?

KeroZen,
Yes I did , there is some space just under the chamber bowl but it's hard to look inside, there are five holes under the chamber screen and u could use a bent mental pin or anything similar to push the bottom screen out , the first time I tried to take the screen out from above , but the screen was very badly scratched ,maybe the dental pick mentioned might work , but I'm not sure if it would bend the tip of the pick.
I recently cleaned my bottom screen after 4-5 months regular use and it really improved the draw. i found that sliding the heating chamber from the plastic housing made it easier to poke the screen though

bakedn0tfried,
Reactions: Wahiker

FrigginRights

I recently cleaned my bottom screen after 4-5 months regular use and it really improved the draw. i found that sliding the heating chamber from the plastic housing made it easier to poke the screen though

I cleaned my replacement screen a couple times, but honestly I just bought replacement screens and that was a game changer.

Also, I decided to clean the screens every 3 days (or everyday, depends on how lazy you are :p lol) with alcohol.

Modnote: spamlink removed

Last edited by a moderator:
FrigginRights,

AudioGD

Issue with my FM V5.0S.
My V5.0S powered down after the normal five minutes, but would not power back up until I held down the button for over 10 seconds, as the 3 second hold down did almost nothing (five clicks would not work either).

AudioGD,

Wahiker

So when you say "poke", does this mean you just some kind of pointy thing (like a needle) to poke into each individual hole (as opposed to using a Qtip or something similar to just scrub the whole screen with ISO)? I've been thinking of doing that -- it seems easier than disassembling the whole thing to get access to the chamber screen. It's hard to count, but it looks like something like 200 little holes, so I imagine it would take a while.

Wahiker,
So when you say "poke", does this mean you just some kind of pointy thing (like a needle) to poke into each individual hole (as opposed to using a Qtip or something similar to just scrub the whole screen with ISO)? I've been thinking of doing that -- it seems easier than disassembling the whole thing to get access to the chamber screen. It's hard to count, but it looks like something like 200 little holes, so I imagine it would take a while.
aha that would take a while, sorry i wasnt clear i ment that i removed the bottom screen by poking it though the ceramic filter on the bottom. didn't have iso on hand so just blasted it with a torch

bakedn0tfried,

AudioGD

Looks like my V5.0S has stopped working.
Anyone know the warranty period for the V5.0s?
Is the Flowermate company reliable for warranty issues?

Might try to buy a replacement V5.0S, but it looks like there are no USA sellers?

Looks like there is a Flowermate V7.0, I'm assuming it a new model?

AudioGD,

FrigginRights

Looks like my V5.0S has stopped working.
Anyone know the warranty period for the V5.0s?
Is the Flowermate company reliable for warranty issues?

Might try to buy a replacement V5.0S, but it looks like there are no USA sellers?

Looks like there is a Flowermate V7.0, I'm assuming it a new model?

Manufacturer warranties from China are hit or miss, you most likely have to ship it back which will cost you somewhere between 40-100 dollars. So obviously it is pointless to do it.

You can purchase it here and the only company that offers external warranty/coverage.

The FlowerMate V7.0 and V8.0 are newer but they are definitely not better. The V7 is basically the V5 old version in a flask shape, and the V8.0 is so big, the temperature control is not accurate, the mouthpiece is unreliable and sometimes get stuck, and it has a strong silicone/plastic smell.

Modnote: spamlink removed

FrigginRights,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Manufacturer warranties from China are hit or miss, you most likely have to ship it back which will cost you somewhere between 40-100 dollars. So obviously it is pointless to do it.

You can purchase it here and the only company that offers external warranty/coverage.

The FlowerMate V7.0 and V8.0 are newer but they are definitely not better. The V7 is basically the V5 old version in a flask shape, and the V8.0 is so big, the temperature control is not accurate, the mouthpiece is unreliable and sometimes get stuck, and it has a strong silicone/plastic smell.
I would rather order it from puffitup for a worry free purchase.

FrigginRights

Have you been a through a warranty exchange with them?

My 30 day was covered, I didnt purchase the warranty but the same policy applies for their 30 day coverage.

Basically my flowermate died within 2 weeks (battery failure), took a photo, sent it back (they gave me the label), and they shipped me back a new one once I dropped it off at the post office.

FrigginRights,
Reactions: KidFated.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My 30 day was covered, I didnt purchase the warranty but the same policy applies for their 30 day coverage.

Basically my flowermate died within 2 weeks (battery failure), took a photo, sent it back (they gave me the label), and they shipped me back a new one once I dropped it off at the post office.
Wasn't being snarky, just looking to hear it actually went through with them, good to hear.

Puffitup has a one year warranty on the flowerMate5.0s

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Two updates:

Firstly, I got some rather contradictory precisions from my Smiss contact about battery replacement. As you might remember there were some questions about whether some data would be lost in the process, like the calibration or even the firmware (although I found it quite strange that they didn't seem to be using non volatile memory), and well overall for safety reasons they couldn't recommend performing DIY battery replacement to their clients.

I think the latter still stands, but for the former here's what I received (with the language barrier it's hard to be sure) : "I checked with our engineers about the batteries replacement again, they told me the fans can do it but they should use the same voltage (9V), same capacity (2600mAh) and high discharge rate batteries, the two batteries should be in series. We are afraid that they won't be able to find suitable batteries and we don't know how they would solder them. Also please don't forget the battery protection board".

In the light of this it's possible that the previous bit about having to "write some program on the PCB" was just a hint that the battery specs are hardcoded in the firmware and if you chose different cells it could be dangerous. Again do this at your own risk and be careful, but if you manage to source the exact same cells and can solder (without damaging the cell with your iron tip and the generated heat!) then and only then, it might work.

--

The second update... well, a picture is worth a thousand words right? :p

Nnj6edY.png

It's of course too soon to say anything, but my first impression is: if you like the FM5 then nothing can go wrong with the FM5-Pro. It's the exact same platform with two extra buttons and a OLED screen. Ah and they put the charger jack on the top it's no longer on the bottom... More info soon!

EDIT: well you might argue that precisely these additions could go wrong as they add new potential failure points, but I mean that overall it's the exact same design and there shouldn't be any bad surprise.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Two updates:

Firstly, I got some rather contradictory precisions from my Smiss contact about battery replacement. As you might remember there were some questions about whether some data would be lost in the process, like the calibration or even the firmware (although I found it quite strange that they didn't seem to be using non volatile memory), and well overall for safety reasons they couldn't recommend performing DIY battery replacement to their clients.

I think the latter still stands, but for the former here's what I received (with the language barrier it's hard to be sure) : "I checked with our engineers about the batteries replacement again, they told me the fans can do it but they should use the same voltage (9V), same capacity (2600mAh) and high discharge rate batteries, the two batteries should be in series. We are afraid that they won't be able to find suitable batteries and we don't know how they would solder them. Also please don't forget the battery protection board".

In the light of this it's possible that the previous bit about having to "write some program on the PCB" was just a hint that the battery specs are hardcoded in the firmware and if you chose different cells it could be dangerous. Again do this at your own risk and be careful, but if you manage to source the exact same cells and can solder (without damaging the cell with your iron tip and the generated heat!) then and only then, it might work.

--

Nnj6edY.png

It's of course too soon to say anything, but my first impression is: if you like the FM5 then nothing can go wrong with the FM5-Pro. It's the exact same platform with two extra buttons and a OLED screen. Ah and they put the charger jack on the top it's no longer on the bottom... More info soon!

EDIT: well you might argue that precisely these additions could go wrong as they add new potential failure points, but I mean that overall it's the exact same design and there shouldn't be any bad surprise.
We get what you mean @KeroZen :tup:

Slow Draw McGraw,

unsorted

Two updates:

--

Nnj6edY.png

No word on the W100?

unsorted,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@unsorted : nope. Since I told them I wasn't a watertool user they might think I'm not part of the target audience. I'll ask them next time nonetheless, it looked intriguing!

KeroZen,
Reactions: unsorted

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Ahem! This time it must be me hitting the language barrier... did I say something funny or with a hidden meaning? At least I didn't write "water stool" hehe

I meant I don't use bongs nor other similar glass pieces, and the W100 seems to be designed around that usage.

:)

KeroZen,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm still doing the empty burn-ins. Did one full battery discharge already yesterday, charged fully this morning and I'll continue the burn-ins tonight. It has the same "tape smell" near the bowl like the FM5 when new, but I really have to put my nose super close to detect it... It seems to me it's less smelly than my three FM5 were though. I'm confident that it will fully dissipate, as my daily driver FM5 has absolutely zero smell.

But the quick review will be pretty short: take the FM5 and the FM8, make them mate and have a baby having only the good sides of both parents, and you get the FM5-Pro!

Man the thing heats fast! You get set+actual temperatures display in real-time, and last but not least a battery level indicator. Very nice blue on black OLED screen, +/- temperature buttons with 1°C or 1°F increments. Unless it proves to have unforeseen issues in the next week or something, I'm confident to say that this is very good product.

The vapor path didn't change, meaning it's equally short and some people might find it a bit harsh like the FM5, but it's free of any suspicious material. I have to see how it performs at low temps because that will really be the "crash test" for me. Many vapes work and produce good clouds at high temps, but low temps really expose how the vape stands taste-wise. And if on top of that if it can produce tasty and dense vapor at low temps at the same time, you really have an excellent product... we will see pretty soon!

... the V8.0 is so big, the temperature control is not accurate, the mouthpiece is unreliable and sometimes get stuck, and it has a strong silicone/plastic smell.

I don't recall, did you own a FM8 at some point? It's large yes but similar to the Mighty. I found the temperature control to be pretty accurate, same change of vapor color exactly around the 200°C point like in my Ascent. It has a lot of power and can cope with back to back draws, incredibly fast heat up time. On my two samples I found the mouthpiece to be pretty loose, it never got stuck (but it's glass so they have higher tolerances in manufacturing...you can still enlarge the silicone straw holder if it's too tight or slightly lubricate it)

The only point that I can't counter is the strong smell when new because as you might know it has been a real problem for me (the first sample had glue, the second had tobacco) and even after the many burn-ins my units still have some smell. The extra silicone could be the culprit, or even the presence of plastic in the vapor path, but I also think that the "tape smell" is stronger due to the two sandwiched layers around the bowl and the fact the entire assembly is enclosed in a tube, preventing the off gassing to escape properly.

I don't use my FM8 much though, but I still have some hope that the remaining smell will dissipate sometime... But because I don't use it much... oh well, circular logic problem! :p

Top Bottom