Florida Cannabis News

florduh

Unfortunately Florida makes people jump through hoops in order to legally consume cannabis. Yes, it's smarter to do that than rolling the dice on the black market. But you're looking at a $200-$300 price tag to start toking. The job market in FL is largely shitty service industry jobs that don't pay well.

There's a term called "social murder". When the government allows conditions to exist that they know will result in easily preventable deaths. IMO, that's what the FL Government is guilty of in situations like this.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I was strictly speaking synthetic. Heck, all of us here had to buy from the black market for the longest. I just really worry about people doing that nowadays with fetanyl being found in black market weed sometimes...scary. The real thing to do is just make it legal...I've ranted more than I count about that on here and the reasons for.

florduh

Let's fucking goooooo!

Our dipshit Governor, Meatball Ron, says The Free State will NEVER have recreational cannabis because weed is "too stinky".

Looks like Floridians will have the chance to tell DeSanctimonious to DeFuckoff next year!

florduh

florduh

840,000 signatures now. 94% of the way there!

smoky-desantis.jpg

Haveth

Accessory Maker
You guys are all okay with no home cultivation allowed? This is obviously Trulieve written

Haveth,

Gunky

No. But I wasn't ok with a locked down medical program with a handful of vertically integrated dispos owned by private equity companies that could afford to pay of the State either. Still voted for it. What's the alternative?
Sounds similar to what happened in California. Everybody said what the hell half a loaf is better than no loaf at all (even though they were getting plenty of loaves at the time already) and voted in that piece of crap they have now, which locked in all sorts of wrong stuff and is now near impossible to get rid of... This is "don't let the perfect get in the way of the shitty" thinking. Don't compromise away home grow, is my advice.

florduh

Sounds similar to what happened in California. Everybody said what the hell half a loaf is better than no loaf at all (even though they were getting plenty of loaves at the time already) and voted in that piece of crap they have now, which locked in all sorts of wrong stuff and is now near impossible to get rid of... This is "don't let the perfect get in the way of the shitty" thinking. Don't compromise away home grow, is my advice.

If Florida's current program looked anything remotely like Cali's Prop 215 days, I'd agree with you. I've lived through both. Florida Medical is nowhere near as open and free as Prop 215 Cali. And even after the botched rec roll out... Californians today are paying less for better weed than Floridians even with all the taxes.

If this went through we'd have adult use in 2025. Realistically, if we wanted to try for another signature initiative with home grow...we're looking at 2029. And that's assuming everything goes perfectly.

florduh

The politics of this State are totally fucked. If you guys want to wait for the perfect legalization bill, you're probably kicking legalization down the road another decade. Or worse.

The legislature has already increased the number of signatures required to get an amendment on the ballot once. They hate these ballot initiatives, so they could easily do it again after a legalization close call.

Haveth

Accessory Maker
The politics of this State are totally fucked. If you guys want to wait for the perfect legalization bill, you're probably kicking legalization down the road another decade. Or worse.

The legislature has already increased the number of signatures required to get an amendment on the ballot once. They hate these ballot initiatives, so they could easily do it again after a legalization close call.
You are correct in everything you have said and I do agree with you. This state is very showy on “personal freedoms”.
They recently challenged the vertical integration law and, obviously, were defeated. They would’ve been a MAJOR step forward, especially small businesses being able to be issued licenses to grow etc.
I know you know all of this, since you seem to be very up fo date, just typing out loud for others who may not be :p

ondemander

You are correct in everything you have said and I do agree with you. This state is very showy on “personal freedoms”.
They recently challenged the vertical integration law and, obviously, were defeated. They would’ve been a MAJOR step forward, especially small businesses being able to be issued licenses to grow etc.
I know you know all of this, since you seem to be very up fo date, just typing out loud for others who may not be :p
It's the old folks retirement capital of the US and they are the only demo that consistently votes. They'll do whatever their voting block endorses. It also probably doesn't hurt they are getting donations under the table from big pharma, tobacco, etc.

ondemander,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Maybe now that Rhonda realizes his political career is joever, there will be a redemption arc?

He legalizes weed, comes out of the closet, dumps that wife of his, repeals all the dumbass anti-gay and trans bills. You'd love to see it, folks.

florduh

Some dumbfuck Republican is trying to cap flower THC percentage to 10%!

On the plus side, he wants to cap concentrate THC to 60%....which pretty much means they can only sell hash rosin :rockon:

Top Bottom