First Vaporizer? Can't decide between HerbalAIRE, DaBuddha, or the Arizer Extreme Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I am split between these three vaporizers and honestly don't know what to get at this point, They are all around the same price so I was wondering whats best, the Extreme Q sure seems like the sleekest with the most options but I heard the HernalAIRE conserves more(and takes whole chunks with no grinding needed), then there is the DaBuddha which people seem to love a lot, and I have to say it does look really well built. I saw a thread(Forget where on the Extreme Q that pointed out it might be more unhealthy due to the vapors passing through the electronic circuit boards which sorta freaked me out a bit also, I mean I want one for health reasons so....)

My priorities from most important to least:

Health - Which is more healthy, seems to be the HerbalAIRE but still unsure, apparently it passes through none of the circuitry...not sure about the others.
Conservation - No one likes wasting right?
Vapor Quality - Taste, thickness, etc...
Build quality - I want it to last
Ease of use - Not fun to get confused...
Warranty - Again, want it to last.

Is there any others in the 150 dollar price range I am missing? They seem to all go around that on Ebay, also is ebay safe for these? I mean warranty wise?

Any help would be great, if anymore info or something I am missing feel free to ask, I am about to pass out so I wont be able to respond to this thread for about 20 hours(Sleep + work), look forward to some advice since I been googleing like mad for about a week without any conclusion.

HillaryClinton,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
I have owned the Vapolution 2.0 for a week now and I love it. Although I only own two vaporizers I feel that it meets your priorities pretty well. I don't want to ramble on too long, but check out the thread because it has a lot of positive reviews. With the coupon listed on the first post it's $99 shipped and I'm quite happy with mine. :2c:

Edit: Didn't realize it was your first post, welcome!

Pickz,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
We have a thread about retailers that are trusted/have proven themselves.

If you are concerned about the quality of what you are buying, I would recommend buying either directly from the manufacturer, or from a well-known authorized distributor - otherwise, you may not have ANY warranty.

Of the ones you've mentioned, if it were me, I'd go with da Buddha.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Buildozer

Peloton

Vapes Hard
My vote is for the HerbalAire, I honestly think it's one of the most underrated vapes out there. The temperature control is accurate, and it doesnt require any grinding to get FULL extraction (I pack my "spent" abv from others vapes into the HA, just to get the last bit of goodness out of it). Oh, and its built like a tank. Whichever you choose though I think you will be happy, I have had many a good times with a DBV as well. Good luck!

OO

Technical Skeptical
I love my HA. That said, there are health concerns about teflon, but they're about 50 degrees F above what the device sees. If you want more info, there's plenty out there about it. In practice, the device has not been shown to reach those temps, but that isn't to say that it's not possible.

I'm not too worried, but you mentioned health was your number one concern. It seems like it would be a freak occurrence though, it has a great track record.

OO,
Reactions: Peloton

Breathemetal

DBV!

The SSV kicks assssss man, and the DBV is pretty much the same vape...so there ya go.
7th Floor is a badass company. Can't go wrong there.

Breathemetal,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You never mentioned what modes of operation your lifestyle requires. The HA was my first vape and it was amazing. It allowed me to experiment and make mistakes (its virtually indestructible) and find out what I like, which turned out to be vaporbonging, which the HA excels at. I like the fact the pump is external, I don't care for bags so its nice to be able to ditch that part of the gear. Penetrating extraction, quality electronics and thermal control, no grinding, healthy materials, robust construction, multiple modes of operation, excellent value . . . it really is a fantastic first vape and I would still be using it if it wasn't for a little monkey I know over at VapeXhale . . . ;)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Your information on the Extreme Q is not quite right. Incoming cold air passes over the circuit board, but heated air and vapour does not.

My first was an Extreme and it served me really well. Having said that, I would recommend the HA out of those three. I've used one and it's a great device. It is by far the toughest of the three and probably the easiest to use as well. I haven't used a Vapolution, but I think Pickz is right, you should consider it as well. With the FC discount it is a real bargain and the air/vapour path is all glass.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Everything I wanted to say has been said, so I will just second them. Paka is right about the air over the circuitry. I would probably choose the HA out of those three, having never used one. But Pickz beat me to it...I think the VAP2 meets all of your requirements and is best in class in taste, price and ease of use.

stickstones,
Reactions: vorrange

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Well I am about to head out but now I am pretty much trying to decide between the Vapolution 2.0 and HerbalAIRE now, how do they compare to each other with conservation and quality of vapors, the Vapolution 2.0 has a lifetime warranty which seems incredible honestly compared the the HerbalAIRE 2 year, wondering how good they are with that lifetime, is pretty much everything covered?

Thanks for all the info.

HillaryClinton,

Tweek

Even if they don't cover everything, at $99 you will more than likely get your moneys worth by the time it breaks. :nod:

Tweek,
Reactions: ataxian

stickstones

Vapor concierge
you're gonna like either one. they are both efficient and don't use grinders. I would get the VAP if my priorities were price, taste, or ease of use. I would get the HA if I wanted bags or wanted a broader usage type experience with my first vape (the Q was my first).

stickstones,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well I am about to head out but now I am pretty much trying to decide between the Vapolution 2.0 and HerbalAIRE now, how do they compare to each other with conservation and quality of vapors, the Vapolution 2.0 has a lifetime warranty which seems incredible honestly compared the the HerbalAIRE 2 year, wondering how good they are with that lifetime, is pretty much everything covered?

Thanks for all the info.

The HA is practically unbreakable so the two year warranty shouldn't be a big deal. I've only heard of one broken HA and that was caused by someone doing something unwise (using excessive force to separate a stuck mouthpiece if I recall correctly). On the other hand, if you're really paranoid about the vapour path then go with the VAP2. It has an all-glass path while the HA uses a silicone whip and a Teflon mouthpiece, neither of which would bother me but I'm not ultra-cautious.

pakalolo,
Reactions: ataxian

max

Out to lunch

Thanks for all the info.
I've used both units in the past. Used them both during the same 2 yr. period actually. The HA I used with bags only. I didn't like it much with direct draw. I think using this model with water filtration works much better than with just the supplied whip. You'll tend to use more herb with any bag filler, whether it's the HA, Extreme, or Volcano. It's just psychological (in that you load and use more), but it's true nevertheless. Also, the HA has a 3 yr. warranty, not 2. Personally, having owned and used both models, I wouldn't worry about the warranty difference in deciding between them. http://www.herbalaire.com/shop.htm

The Vapo is the cheapest vape you can buy with an all glass vapor path (get the optional AIW bowl for the all glass experience-well worth the extra $20), and the narrow diameter bowl/tubing will encourage you to use less, vs. a bag filler or even a full size whip vape like the DBV or SSV. Your hits won't be as big because of the narrow vapor path. You don't use a screen either (although you could jury rig one), so like with the HA, you're loading small chunks instead of ground herb. So the Vapolution takes a little more attention and getting used to, vs. the typical whip model or bag filler, but all things considered it definitely contends for the 'best bang for the buck' award. Unless you want lung busting hits (and you CAN convert this model for use with water filtration, for bigger hits), you get a very satisfactory vape that can help you stretch your herb supply. You may also still be able to the 'FC special'- Vapo plus AIW bowl for $100.

"Enter the promo code: FC4LIFE at www.vapolution.com and we will send you the Vapolution Vaporizer 2.0 basic package with an All in Wonder Bowl for just $99.99 (no hidden costs, no shipping, just tax if you live in CA). The promo code implies that an All in Wonder Bowl will be sent with the basic package. There is no need to add one to the shopping cart. In the order notes please specify the color you would like if you have a preference. I think this is the best deal on a vaporizer available for under a $100 in terms of vaporizer quality and the quality of vapor.

Feel free to email us at info@vapolution.com or contact us through this thread.

Regards,

Vapolution"
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapolution-2-0.4940/

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
I've said it before but DBV all day! I can't knock that vapo deal tho. All are very worthy, truthfully. peace

meduser#420,

FrogBoy138

I think if it's going to be just one person using the unit looking for Conservation at 99.99 the Vapolution is a real deal all glass pathway is something to consider no matter what price range your in.

FrogBoy138,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I think if it's going to be just one person using the unit looking for Conservation at 99.99 the Vapolution is a real deal all glass pathway is something to consider no matter what price range your in.

Yeah, Well it will be mostly me and a friend, max 3 people, hope its alright for that many? If so probably gonna go for it, I like that its all glass on glass, the other ones seem to incorporate other materials which is a bad thing I would think for the most part.

HillaryClinton,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
While glass is nice, and preferred for smoking temperatures, materials such as aluminum, SS or PTFE are safe to use at vaping temperatures, what is the bad thing you mention?

nicelytoasted,
Reactions: MG23

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
While glass is nice, and preferred for smoking temperatures, materials such as aluminum, SS or PTFE are safe to use at vaping temperatures, what is the bad thing you mention?

I heard that things such as Aluminum and certain plastics can release at least tiny bits of toxins if heated to a certain point, I know its unlikely but I would rather stick to glass on glass just to be cautious and if I can get one like that for 100 bucks, seems like a good idea over the others.

I know I am being overly paranoid but thats how I am I guess...blame it on the toxic city I live in(NYC), really don't want to add to that even if by chance I guess.

HillaryClinton,

MG23

Relaxin'
Having used both the 2.1 and 2.2 models of Herbalaire extensively, seeing it dismissed as a simple bag blower disappoints me; bag blowing is typically the least popular usage method amongst "true" HA owners. Using the HA directly into glassware (or with an aftermarket expanded diameter whip) has raised the Herbalaire experience well above any other vaporizer I have owned (10+) or used (15+).
Bag blowing is merely one option with the HA, not the only option. In fact, flexibility of usage styles is one of the Herbalaire's greatest strengths.

You mention your interest in maintaining utmost efficiency as well: HA is the only vape currently in production built specifically for complete extraction without any grinding; they encourage this because the Herbalaire's heat penetration design is more effective than any other vaporizer currently available.
"Any vaporizer that requires grinding is not as efficient as the herbalAire! The herbalAire requires absolutely no grinding, on the contrary, when used in “espresso mode” the herbalAire can be packed solid, extracting essence molecules throughout the entire block of herb. Other vaporizers require grinding in order to touch these essence particles, destroying others in the process." (Manufacturer's Note)

Lastly, regarding durability/reliability: Herbalaire is a tank, plain and simple. You will not break it. Use it with your clumsiest friends, let them throw the HA against the ground; it will be no worse for wear.

I have not used any Vapolution vaporizers before, so I cannot accurately compare them to the Herbalaire. However, I did become familiar with the 7th Floor lineup (DBV/SSV/LSV), as well as other vaporizers that use the same typical ceramic rod heating element (EQ/VB/HB), in addition to many other species of vape while on the path toward finding my ideal home unit + portable unit combination of Herbalaire + Solo.
In my opinion, you will not find a vaporizer that surpasses Herbalaire in terms of functionality, adaptability, ease of use, efficiency, durability, or reliability.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wouldn't sweat the materials. we do that a lot around here and the vapes you want are good. What I do know about glass is that I notice the taste. You will be fine for a three person session...especially if you have two+ aiw bowls. it comes with the whip setup as well, I believe, so with a second aiw bowl you would have a stem/whip for everyone. It will perform just fine like that.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
So would you say that the Vapolution would be better for direct draw Max?
Right out of the box, I'd say yes. Adding water filtration may be a different story. IMO it's a good compromise between hit size and encouraging conservation. The Vapo is a simple, quality vape at a good price (great price if they're still providing the FC special), and even if you decide to move to a different model later on, it's a good backup and you won't have spent a bundle of $ on it.

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/members/mattygtwenty3.5037/' said:
MattyGTwenty3[/URL]]Bag blowing is merely one option with the HA, not the only option. In fact, flexibility of usage styles is one of the Herbalaire's greatest strengths.
As long as that's what you're looking for. It's certainly easy to use as a direct draw vape, but I never took to it for direct hits. IMO the design was optimized for bag use, not direct draw. If you're willing to add a glass piece, that does bump it up in the rankings quite a bit. Hell, if the Vapo FC special is still good, I'd consider buying both at about $250.

max,

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Think I am settled on the Vapolution, hope that coupon works, that would make it even a sweeter deal.

Thanks for all the help, would have not even known about the Vapolution if not for this thread, look forward to writing some praise on it hopefully in that thread soon :-D!

HillaryClinton,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom