Firewood Vaporizer

Spocks_Katra

Hope all is good. Is it working finally? :peace:

EDIT: sorry, was writing as you replied.
Bummer to hear that. Wish I could help you with a good advice..
Try to reach out for Marc first. Maybe he can help you without having it sent in. Best of luck!

Thanks! I actually just wrote marc an email right after I found this out, waiting on a response to see what to do.

freshly baked

QDFgONj.jpg

You guys got me thinking. This is the stem off the herbalizer whip. Fits like a glove. Just dont carry it in your pocket inserted most likely.. Thanks for the great ideas everyone.

Last edited:

cobeast

Hi, I just received my Firewood 3.0 yesterday so haven't had a ton of time to get used to it. Now it wont turn on at all. I opened the battery cover, took out and put back in the batteries. When the contacts on the cover touched the re-inserted batteries it vibrated 4 times, then 20 seconds or so later it did it's shutdown vibration. That indicates to me the batteries are full (4 vibrations upon contact with the door) so it's not the problem. When I go to turn on the unit, no response at all. Any suggestions?

cobeast,

Spocks_Katra

Hi, I just received my Firewood 3.0 yesterday so haven't had a ton of time to get used to it. Now it wont turn on at all. I opened the battery cover, took out and put back in the batteries. When the contacts on the cover touched the re-inserted batteries it vibrated 4 times, then 20 seconds or so later it did it's shutdown vibration. That indicates to me the batteries are full (4 vibrations upon contact with the door) so it's not the problem. When I go to turn on the unit, no response at all. Any suggestions?

I would email marc, Im having problems with mine, I got it fixed but it was sent back with a spring loose and rattling around so now I have to send it back in

cobeast

I figured it out. Chalk it up to user error, not a malfunctioning unit. I was pressing in the center of the button to no effect, but when I shifted the pressure to the outer edge of the button it worked as advertised. I'm sorry you're having issues with yours. I've only had it for a short while and but enjoy it.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Ordered mine Monday, expecting it either this Monday to Wednesday, pretty excited to say the least:

- Cheap - I don't mean cheaply made, but this thing is cost friendly. Even if it's a total bust (I doubt) I wouldn't feel bad spending the cash.

- Convection - I dig it.

- Untapped Power - I see reports of people combusting from pulling too slow at high temps.....I assume that this thing can run good at high temps with a strong steady draw though? I am a high temp vapor more often than not, the idea of being able to get big milky hits fast on demand (and cashing the capsule in the process) really appeals to me.

Like, if I can do 8/5 and bump it up a bit.....and then go from cold, light primer draw, and then long draw and a moderate speed (I can certainly do this...swimmer lungs :D ) and vape the whole load, in a hit or wo that will be off the chain! Even more so if it won't destroy the batteries (I have read decent things)

- On that note, I will have to try high temp with a water pipe as it will probably be a bit harsh with the small path. But, I think I may get a custom stem made up......if the mouthpiece natively fits 14mm females, should be an easy enough request.

hippogriff

- Untapped Power - I see reports of people combusting from pulling too slow at high temps.....I assume that this thing can run good at high temps with a strong steady draw though? I am a high temp vapor more often than not, the idea of being able to get big milky hits fast on demand (and cashing the capsule in the process) really appeals to me.
I'm a temp-stepper so I imagine you'll be able to do this but haven't tried myself, just wanted to temper your expectations about "fast on demand". For me, the first two or three draws (ie first minute +) are the lightest, as the moisture and terps get boiled off and the heater comes up to speed. After that I can take back-to-back draws w/ great results (still medium breath) and finish at temp 4 with faster draws. Hopefully some folks that start on 4 can chime in - who's had the quickest Firewood session out there? I sit still and cash a 1/2 capsule at 2, then 3, then 4 over 6-10 draws depending on the flower, takes ~5 min.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
heho!

not long after i got the unit i got sick of the capsule system and the inability to pack a new load in the hot capsule...

i took out the bottom screen of the capsule and placed a fitting screen within the firewood above the heater (you can get it out again but its not the easiest task). now i load the capsule by sucking up herb or pushing it into some ground material, similar to a solo/air stem.

i have never to touch the capsule itself again. the herbs stay in the capsule when upside down,no problem, worst case they fall onto the screen above the heater and get suckedinto the capsule at the next hit.

i highly recommend this method!

H5fyayQ.jpg

UioKId6.jpg

the dark thing in the first pic is a ultra fine ss mesh screen i added to the mouthpiece
I have been trying a similar method as well. I placed a basket screen just about 1-2mm above the coil. I then decided to try and eliminate the capsule altogether and just load buds (not ground material) onto the screen. I actually had decent results and got a decent extraction, however if you load too much it is easy to get unevenly cooked ABV.

I honestly don't use my Firewood as much lately. It is backup to my Elevape but it really is a great vape and could easily replace my Elevape if I was not so used to the cooler vapor.

freshly baked

I'm sad to say my firewood 3 has died. I tried to turn it on and nothing. I had used 1 capsule early this morning before work and then after work is when it didnt respond. I brought it home and plugged it into the wall charger and the light goes green instantly. If I pull the cord out slightly it does turn red but inserting it fully its green instantly. I'm gonna miss her.... I've emailed mark and I'm waiting for a response to see what he thinks I should do.

freshly baked,
Reactions: friedrich

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Still think this is one of the best hitting vapes out there and is seriously over looked.
Overlooked? This thing gets a post on reddit like everyday, I wish they would chill. Here the FW isn't as popular as the fancier new vapes.

@freshly baked still operating funny with the batteries swapped?

My charger only goes red when charging otherwise it stays green even when not plugged in to the FW. Although I probably have a really old charger.

Last edited:

btka

wanted to report about my fw 3...
I did the temp setting heck (4)
at first I did find the vapor too hot... changed my drawing style and it helped...
since yesterday I am experimenting with the lotus (vape)stem and it really helps cooling down the vapor and I can take strong and long draws without any problem... I connected the glass stem of fw3 with a silicone peace which came with the nano stems with the lotus stem...

BTW I noticed that some debris collected in the heating element... you can see it if you put light where the air intakes of the fw3 are and look inside where you put the stem... do not know how to clean ...

Edric al-Fali

I actually just removed the cover after reading your post and it buzzed 4 times then I held the button in and it turned off. I put the lid back on and it seems fine.....Thanks @paytonpenn for the advice. You are the man!!! Now I wonder if it reset the temp hack setting.

The temp setting was reset. I'm sure. A problem that needs to be fixed with mine results in the battery losing connection and I definitely notice a drop in power as if my settings were reset. I have to go back into the settings and raise the power back to 7, which isn't that much of a hassle.

As a plus, I feel like this little vape has more power than I need when I have my ideal settings.
I'm also noticing a lot of E Cig and kiddie vapes have mouthpieces that fit nicely in the FW mouthpiece.

Gettinbetter

I've been wondering about that as well. I used to "flick" the capsule while still in the box but now I remove it first to avoid adding to the debris at the bottom of the cylinder.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Compressed air from a can would work.
Hey Edric, thanks man.:)
Would or will? Have you done that successfully?
I'd think all that tiny but sticky particles won't move by that.. Did you try to blow it thru the intake holes? Otherwise I'd think you could even harm the device by blowing it further to the electronics etc.. But what do I know?:)

vapen00b,
Reactions: VegNVape

Edric al-Fali

If you look back some large number of pages, someone posted a good pic of the heater and electronics. It looks relatively safe if you go from the air intake out the mouthpiece. The electronics look fairly robust.
I've used a tool with similar air pressure with success. I had to block the holes and go from the intake out the mouthpiece. I did it to degunk it before it got too bad though.
Given what I already know about the wooden body, anything more than an air can could rip the covers clean out of the threads.

I never did it, but I assume you could use the straw nozzle to probe around the heating element.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That would be interesting to know. Has anyone ever successfully cleaned that cylindrical part?

I Was thinking of having my sister order one of these today for my birthday on the 9th. Is there anyway she could pre-order and they can just ship when in stock? If not pre-order for the milaana is on so I could go that route since I missed the Zion train. Still considering just grabbing a Lotus too. I'm all over the place. Any suggestions?

CarrotWarrior

I Was thinking of having my sister order one of these today for my birthday on the 9th. Is there anyway she could pre-order and they can just ship when in stock? If not pre-order for the milaana is on so I could go that route since I missed the Zion train. Still considering just grabbing a Lotus too. I'm all over the place. Any suggestions?

I would send Marc an email to see if it's possible

Service@firewoodvapes.com

Or

Questions@firewoodvapes.com

I remember I ordered an unfinished maple and emailed him to change it to a walnut with a matching caddy via email, and he was really understanding about it all.

Hope it all works out and you get what you want, also happy advanced birthday :clap: I'm a march baby also :rockon:

Edit: @Edric al-Fali @btka @vapen00b @Gettinbetter found this again for the inquires about cleaning the inside heater unit. I personally haven't used this myself but I just ordered one and I also think it's a lot better then spraying pressurized chemical air into the device :tup:

http://www.amazon.com/Giottos-Rocket-Blaster-Blower-Large/dp/B00017LSPI

Last edited:

hippogriff

You'll get your Firewood before you get your Milaana, Milaana's in beta testing now (reports are very promising) so unknown release date, but quick progress. A Lotus is always a good non-electric backup, if you don't mind the butane and butane accessories.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You'll get your Firewood before you get your Milaana, Milaana's in beta testing now (reports are very promising) so unknown release date, but quick progress. A Lotus is always a good non-electric backup, if you don't mind the butane and butane accessories.

Definitely would get the firewood first since the Milaana is still being tested. I had my sister email Marc but the pre-order just looks easier to just purchase as a gift. I'm on the fence, so many convection portables coming out that I want and none of them actually available when my presents are being bought. I guess I could always snatch up the Firefly on the forums for $130 until the new units start rolling out (Apollo, Zion, Milanna, Square, FF2, et.)

How often do these get re-stocked?

Top Bottom