Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I should try a lower range like that since I hardly use the high temp it comes with and get massive clouds on low.

@oldbay I agree with @Shit Snacks and find the stock stem surprisingly effective. The FW7 is a heavy hitter and it's unlikely you'd be disappointed.

Yeah when I got my new one I was riding the lowest temp and then just finishing a hit or two at middle temp, stock settings are 340 380 420, so yeah that is why I adjusted as I did! Could certainly get a darker extraction if I raised my highest setting, but this is how I like it and now I can temp step every bowl!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
First go with the WPA and my OGB corncob. Hits are excellent, I just don't like the messy fit of that bulbous glass adapter from Amazon. If it was a 14mm male j-hook it'd be pretty elegant. Still need to beeswax the FW WPA.

Also I agree with @Vaporware that longer draws are the most impressive and where the FW really shines. It's akin to wattage mode on the Splinter Zs insofar as the stored heat ramps up and you can, intentionally or not, let a massive hit creep up on you. And like @someTooL I seldom need the three buzz heat setting to extract fully enough for me.

@Shit Snacks and @BrianTL were right that the FW7 is an instant hit, as it were, for someone with my tastes in on demand portables
View attachment 7988

Beautiful! I figured it would fit right into your rotation haha

I got the 14mm male to male OGB has on his site, its an expensive adaptor but nice and it is a perfect fit. It's still bulbous but feels comfortable.

I agree though, ideally I would have a 14mm male hook.

Yeah when I got my new one I was riding the lowest temp and then just finishing a hit or two at middle temp, stock settings are 340 380 420, so yeah that is why I adjusted as I did! Could certainly get a darker extraction if I raised my highest setting, but this is how I like it and now I can temp step every bowl!

I dont think I've ever finished a bowl without using the 3rd setting on mine. I can never remember what the factory temp settings are lol as soon as I leave this thread I forget. I gotta add that to my list of things, mess around with the temp settings.

cliffhanger1

I had always forgotten to preheat, but I still don't get the amount of steam that other vaporizers do.
But I like him, he's different from others. Maybe I can do it better !? :)

In any case, after 13 different vaporizers that I have tried, this is the one that delivers the darkest ABV. It's not nearly black, it's pitch black at the highest level. :rockon: but no ashes. I like this ! darker than the hopper io and the dynavap.
this i had never seen and didnt thougt that it is possible to get darker than which i knowing from the past

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I had always forgotten to preheat, but I still don't get the amount of steam that other vaporizers do.
But I like him, he's different from others. Maybe I can do it better !? :)

In any case, after 13 different vaporizers that I have tried, this is the one that delivers the darkest ABV. It's not nearly black, it's pitch black at the highest level. :rockon: but no ashes. I like this ! darker than the hopper io and the dynavap.
this i had never seen and didnt thougt that it is possible to get darker than which i knowing from the past

If you are getting darker AVB yet lesser vapor, that doesn't really make sense? It seems to imply you are not inhaling all that you are extracting... Be it from a technique issue, air flow seal gap issue, or something?

west-elec

Down with adaptors!
My little male 'L' hook is a game changer. I haven't had the WPA off since getting it. And I use a little 14mm male dab rig bong at home.
20210415_200839.jpg
@cliffhanger1 try ramping up your draw speed at the back half of your hit, really give it a rip. Don't be afraid of overwhelming the heater, once heat is in the bowl (anytime after the first hit it) it will keep up easily. First hit let it soak a few secs then a few cigar puffs will ramp up the vapour fast.

NimChimpsky

Finally joining the club! Arrived 2 days early :D just gave her a nice oil bath and burn off. About to head out on our maiden voyage!
Edit: damn, getting some mad tasty clouds on preset 1! Def gonna lower the temp range to chase that flavor. As expected, the wpa/jhook is my preferred method so far and loving it!

Last edited:

Vaporware

I wonder if he’ll switch to the FW8 in June or take more 7 orders first...? :sherlock:

I assume it’s going to be a small but positive evolution of the 7, so waiting may be good at this point, but I am a little sad I didn’t pick up a second 7 while they were easy to get. I know several other people who could use one!

cliffhanger1

I wonder if he’ll switch to the FW8 in June or take more 7 orders first...? :sherlock:

I assume it’s going to be a small but positive evolution of the 7, so waiting may be good at this point, but I am a little sad I didn’t pick up a second 7 while they were easy to get. I know several other people who could use one!
is he planning a FW8 in the near future ?

cliffhanger1,

NimChimpsky

Really enjoying this, it can really rip through a bong too! Interesting that my AVB seems consistently less dark (though I still think pretty much equally extracted) than with my TM/TB. I was expecting the opposite, thinking the hybrid style would lead to darker AVB in general. Not complaining at all, like I said I'm pretty sure I'm getting good extraction, just surprised me and curious if others find this as well.

Shit Snacks

Really enjoying this, it can really rip through a bong too! Interesting that my AVB seems consistently less dark (though I still think pretty much equally extracted) than with my TM/TB. I was expecting the opposite, thinking the hybrid style would lead to darker AVB in general. Not complaining at all, like I said I'm pretty sure I'm getting good extraction, just surprised me and curious if others find this as well.

Try trying longer and slower if you want it darker? More time on the button, upper temps... Like you really should be able to get your herbs extracted black if you want! (though I specifically don't want to myself)

Edit: sorry to tease with another ultimate jayhook design, from the maker of my 14mm male cobalt micro hook, that is even less reproducible, but damn is it awesome!

PXL-20210517-224243361.jpg

Last edited:

west-elec

Black Friday you could get them off the shelf and when he offered up to 25% off I wondered if they weren't selling that well. We were talking on FC about everyone sleeping on the best portable yet, reddit was quiet...
Fast forward 6 months and he could probably charge another $100 and still sell them as fast as he can make them. Really glad for Marc and glad everyone else gets to enjoy the ride.
I am amazed and impressed he has an 8 in planning, when it would be easy to just up volume and ride the wave of success.
What could you possibly do to tweak this design? I got nothing.

Shit Snacks

What could you possibly do to tweak this design? I got nothing.

Oh rest assured, he has plenty though ;)

I think it will be a little more all-in-one (no separate WPA block), and the battery may be in a different location possibly, otherwise yeah not much to change! I think it will be the same type of heating and chamber...

shatter-reality

FW8... 🤤🤤🤤 guess I know what will be my Christmas present to myself. I still like pushing the power adapter idea out there like how the MFLB has to make it a portable or desktop. That or onboard charging via USB-C would seriously be killer. 21700 battery upgrade too would also... 🤤🤤🤤

Anyways enough drooling at something that isn’t even revealed yet. Does anyone have a good method for replacing the screen? Mine finally just was too ungunkable so I pulled it and tossed it and trimmed down a stainless steel screen but I can’t get it to seat very well. Any methods or maybe even a basket that fits well? Oh yeah FW8 with a type of basket screen for cleaning and easy replacement would be tight too.

Shit Snacks

FW8... 🤤🤤🤤 guess I know what will be my Christmas present to myself. I still like pushing the power adapter idea out there like how the MFLB has to make it a portable or desktop. That or onboard charging via USB-C would seriously be killer. 21700 battery upgrade too would also... 🤤🤤🤤

Anyways enough drooling at something that isn’t even revealed yet. Does anyone have a good method for replacing the screen? Mine finally just was too ungunkable so I pulled it and tossed it and trimmed down a stainless steel screen but I can’t get it to seat very well. Any methods or maybe even a basket that fits well? Oh yeah FW8 with a type of basket screen for cleaning and easy replacement would be tight too.

You should just order a bunch of 1/2-in screens (I think that is the correct size, should be in here somewhere) and those should fit much better than cutting one...

shatter-reality

You should just order a bunch of 1/2-in screens (I think that is the correct size, should be in here somewhere) and those should fit much better than cutting one...
I’ll check Amazon, this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you homie. Yeah cutting them is definitely a gigantic pain(I have 3/8 to full inch size screens) cutting them down to size, using the end of a Tera brush to shape it, and trying to get it down there without it rolling and stopping etc. 😂 It’s seriously a GIGANTIC pain. I get super OCD about my vapes being clean otherwise I would have never popped it out.

Shit Snacks

I’ll check Amazon, this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you homie. Yeah cutting them is definitely a gigantic pain(I have 3/8 to full inch size screens) cutting them down to size, using the end of a Tera brush to shape it, and trying to get it down there without it rolling and stopping etc. 😂 It’s seriously a GIGANTIC pain. I get super OCD about my vapes being clean otherwise I would have never popped it out.

Oh hahaha yeah then you definitely need to get the half inch screens! That will solve all of your problems, just double-check the size

Top Bottom