Firewood Vaporizer

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Hi guys, I'm also based in Europe and looking at the FW7. I'm looking for a quick hitter to use on the ski slopes. I would prefer not to worry about battery life so that's why the interchangeable batteries look so good on this device. Anyone has experience with this vape in cold weather?
I’ve used mine camping in -17°c for a couple nights and it worked wonderfully.

west-elec

20210501_122045.jpg
Just needs a little time to dry, then a date with my 7 awaits. Should be a good batch, some really primo Star face colas that went to mould because of a wet spell at the wrong time, days before I was going to pull them. But it's not lost, just more nutrient dense.

Spike11552

Is the inception stem used on the firewood 7 just not for me? Or maybe I’m doing something wrong? I just received my inception stem and personally, I’m not crazy about it. I find it way harder to draw and produce the same vapor that I get on 360F with the stock stem. With the stock stem I can get some super tasty vapor at 360F where as with the inception stem the vapor is almost non existent.

Last edited:
Spike11552,
Reactions: BrianTL

ezpz

I find it way harder to draw and the vapor that I get on 360 is so faint and practically non existent
Just curious. Are you extending the stem? Even though the MP sticks out, you still need to extend stem, for good airflow. Stems will still work when fully retracted, just not as good.

Edit: And yes, it's overrated. 😁 just kidding, I don't have one to compare.

Spike11552

Just curious. Are you extending the stem? Even though the MP sticks out, you still need to extend stem, for good airflow. Stems will still work when fully retracted, just not as good.
I am extending the stem, the first time I think or thought that I may have done that exact thing and just knew that would be the fix. So I packed another one and tried the stem at all different distances and I feel the airflow but it’s just so much harder to draw compared to the stock cooling stem.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am extending the stem, the first time I think or thought that I may have done that exact thing and just knew that would be the fix. So I packed another one and tried the stem at all different distances and I feel the airflow but it’s just so much harder to draw compared to the stock cooling stem.

Yeah I don't know, not like it's amazing, but it shouldn't be as bad as you're describing...?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BrianTL

Gumby

So the glass adapter from my starry whip fits into the wpa there's a thin o ring in there pretty tight. Goodtimes

20210503-121805.jpg

20210503-121836.jpg

west-elec

Those little dab rigs typically have a 14mm male joint so they make a good setup with no adaptor (pet hate of mine). I got this one because it made me laugh that they couldn't spell Groovy.
To complete the juice box effect love what it has printed on the side. Good to know no Butane, and 0% trim 100% Nugger??? Anyone else's bong been Purgerized???

20210504_150323.jpg

Resized_20210504_162856(1).jpeg

Last edited:

Spike11552

How often do you guys change the little gasket/o ring that the glass stem slides into? I think mine may be due for a change. I thought the inception stem was an issue but now when going back to the cooling hula stem that it comes with I’m still getting wispy hits even at 420 but the ceramic heater seems to still heat up. The glass stem slide in and out pretty smoothly and doesn’t appear to be lose but perhaps it needs a new ring with a super tight fit? I’m probably answering my own question here but I’m still curious how often you guys swap that little gasket.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I just got news that my FW7 shipped. I ordered the WPA since I use all my other portables with 18mm j-hooks.

Is this the right glass adapter for me? The wooden piece on the FW accepts 14mm male?

Awesome. Yes, FW accepts a 14mm male

ezpz

How often do you guys change the little gasket/o ring that the glass stem slides into? I think mine may be due for a change.
Got my Fw7 in February and haven't changed anything yet. But I use the WPA like 90% of the time. Do you have the Fw7 WPA? If so, you should try it that way, to make sure the vape itself is working properly. Also, if the draw resistance is too high, then check and make sure your air intake holes are not blocked. Hope this helps. 👍

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How often do you guys change the little gasket/o ring that the glass stem slides into? I think mine may be due for a change. I thought the inception stem was an issue but now when going back to the cooling hula stem that it comes with I’m still getting wispy hits even at 420 but the ceramic heater seems to still heat up. The glass stem slide in and out pretty smoothly and doesn’t appear to be lose but perhaps it needs a new ring with a super tight fit? I’m probably answering my own question here but I’m still curious how often you guys swap that little gasket.

...never? Sorry cannot be of much help, but it does sound like there could be some seal air gap somewhere based on what you've said...

johnnyCanuck

How often do you guys change the little gasket/o ring that the glass stem slides into? I think mine may be due for a change. I thought the inception stem was an issue but now when going back to the cooling hula stem that it comes with I’m still getting wispy hits even at 420 but the ceramic heater seems to still heat up. The glass stem slide in and out pretty smoothly and doesn’t appear to be lose but perhaps it needs a new ring with a super tight fit? I’m probably answering my own question here but I’m still curious how often you guys swap that little gaskethave
Have you tried cleaning the Vape via burn off? It took awhile for mine to stop “burning off” but noticed better airflow and thicker hits afterwards.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Looking good Bossman! So what do you think? How does it stack up for ya?
My first impression is excellent. It's like a slim walnut box mod with the minimal side-by-side configuration any 18650 device . Fit is good, feels great in the hand, and the clouds are easy and even. The bowl is larger than I need, which should be fun, and my WPA doesn't arrive until Tuesday so I still have the OGB j-hooks and my cheap bubbler to look forward to.

Even if I could only use the hula stem it'd be a keeper. Given my predilection for temp stepping convection vapes the on demand hybrid heating effects really nice and unlike anything in my stable.

someTooL

@bossman received mine yesterday also and share your initial thoughts. Fit and finish exceeded expectations. Waxed and polished last night and 2nd oven in today I felt very comfortable. WPA is sitting in the box along with an Inception stem. I’m really enjoying the stock setup and the experience. Kicking myself for not visiting sooner.

floribud

[I’m really enjoying the stock setup and the experience. Kicking myself for not visiting sooner.
Yeah, I've been following the Firewoods for a while. Dont' know how I missed the excitement on this one. I'm assuming the original stem must have been a lot worse. I don't remember a lot of great reviews when it first came out ... but then all of a sudden everyone was getting one. It's not quite any instant-on Crafty, but it's pretty darn close

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Yeah, I've been following the Firewoods for a while. Dont' know how I missed the excitement on this one. I'm assuming the original stem must have been a lot worse. I don't remember a lot of great reviews when it first came out ... but then all of a sudden everyone was getting one. It's not quite any instant-on Crafty, but it's pretty darn close
Instant-on crafty? What magical fairytale land to you inhabit?
Also the stock mouthpiece isn’t bad at all, it’s all I use with mine (well, I have a dyna body overtop of it)

Top Bottom