Firewood Vaporizer

ezpz

Anybody know where you can get an inception stem from another site besides O'Connell woodworks? For some odd reason, they don't ship to Hawaii.

ezpz,

rvarick

Anybody know where you can get an inception stem from another site besides O'Connell woodworks? For some odd reason, they don't ship to Hawaii.
Weird, because it's the same rate right? Maybe reach out as it's got to be an oversight/misunderstanding, or look out on EE on Reddit or the classifieds here of course.

And for what it's worth, I'm loving my 75mm beaded mistvape stem as a dedicated cooling option in my FW7 over the Inception, mostly because it fits better while still offering a lot of cooling. The inception does really tame the vapor though.

ezpz

And for what it's worth, I'm loving my 75mm beaded mistvape stem as a dedicated cooling option in my FW7 over the Inception, mostly because it fits better while still offering a lot of cooling.
Already got it in my cart. 😁 Since the inception is going to be a pain in the ass, I went for my second option. Thanks for the input. 👍

ezpz,
Reactions: rvarick

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I believe Jonathan O’Connell makes the Inception stems and J-hooks himself so I don’t think you would’ve found one from another retailer. I’m not buying an Inception stem until he offers a 3” one that will fully retract. That Mistvape beaded stem is on my list too - the 75mm with no mouthpiece should retract fully if my math is correct. Enjoy!

rvarick

I believe Jonathan O’Connell makes the Inception stems and J-hooks himself so I don’t think you would’ve found one from another retailer. I’m not buying an Inception stem until he offers a 3” one that will fully retract. That Mistvape beaded stem is on my list too - the 75mm with no mouthpiece should retract fully if my math is correct. Enjoy!
The mistvape one does retract fully without the mouthpiece on 👍. I do keep the mouthpiece in my case though if I decide to step the experience up, but it does great without it too. And that would be awesome if a shorter inception stem is ever made!

KinkyKankles

Just got mine last night and completely in love! I'm looking to finish the wood today, did you guys finish just the exterior or also as much as the interior as possible? I figure if I could finish some of the interior that would be ideal to prevent potential cracking later down the line.

KinkyKankles,
Reactions: Jah75

west-elec

Just got mine last night and completely in love! I'm looking to finish the wood today, did you guys finish just the exterior or also as much as the interior as possible? I figure if I could finish some of the interior that would be ideal to prevent potential cracking later down the line.
Yes, it is good to try to condition all surfaces, especially the slides.

west-elec,
Reactions: Momor

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Really depends on the relative humidity of where you are, it’s super dry where I live in the winter, but gets very moist in the summer, to keep the wood looking tops I usually re-finish it once every week or two. I’ve used Howard’s feed-n-wax but have since moved to using a butchers-block oil.

Arawfish,

rvarick

I have a finished unit, so I stick with the places where the initial finish (tung oil in my case) was applied by Marc/Firewood. This makes it easy to decide where to apply more oil. These are most/all of the easily accessible areas including the outside (obviously), and larger inside surfaces. I don’t apply to the places where there’s unfinished wood: under the ceramic pieces and in the battery compartment.

Jah75

I should add a caveat to my selection of no finish: I live in a climate that is 90+% humidity 88% of the year so my wood is very unlikely to dry and crack

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Several pages ago someone suggested using nose/forehead grease (sebum) to polish the FW7. I absent mindedly rub my FW on my forehead and then polish it with my shirt tail pretty much every time I use it. It’s got a pretty good sheen now. My wife is so disgusted by this that she won’t use it - opting for her Dynavap instead. So everybody wins!

Has anybody tried using a BB6 or BB9 stem? These are step ground for both 10mm and 14mm female water pieces. I know it wouldn’t retract but I like the idea of switching between native tokes and WP usage without having to buy the WPA...

Jah75

Several pages ago someone suggested using nose/forehead grease (sebum) to polish the FW7. I absent mindedly rub my FW on my forehead and then polish it with my shirt tail pretty much every time I use it. It’s got a pretty good sheen now. My wife is so disgusted by this that she won’t use it - opting for her Dynavap instead. So everybody wins!

Has anybody tried using a BB6 or BB9 stem? These are step ground for both 10mm and 14mm female water pieces. I know it wouldn’t retract but I like the idea of switching between native tokes and WP usage without having to buy the WPA...
easy fix - rub her vapcap on your nose and forehead!

I use a BB9 quite a bit and enjoy it the most (besides the hula spike stem). I like it quite a bit more than the inception stem I purchased to use as well. I just added an extra piece of the felt to the wood channel and turn the BB9 slightly to the left - it then butts up against the felt and blocks the airport for me 8)

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I use a BB9 quite a bit and enjoy it the most (besides the hula spike stem). I like it quite a bit more than the inception stem I purchased to use as well. I just added an extra piece of the felt to the wood channel and turn the BB9 slightly to the left - it then butts up against the felt and blocks the airport for me 8)
I completely forgot that the BB's have a carb hole -- good tip on using the felt to block it -- thanks!

Momor

I use a BB9 stem sometimes. I blocked the air port by stuffing in a little piece of aluminium foil shaped like a nail and it work well.
I also made a shorter adapter with the spare glasse tube, cutting it to the right length so i can use the vape without having to move the BB9 at all. It always sits flush on the ceramic part, i don't have to extand it to take a draw. It has more style :cool:and it's easier to use inverted on a water piece.

ezpz

Hey everyone, I got a quick story to share.

I got my Fw7 on 2/8. After a few days of testing, I decided to order the Firewood WPA on 2/11. On 2/17, Firewood ships it out. Wham! Massive snowstorms hit the States. No tracking info updates until early this morning. Delivered 3/1.

So....... After 1 application of beeswax, and 21 days of "grubby hands" (sorry, no intentional nasal sebum), here's the difference........

😂 I guess I'll be rubbing my WPA on my forehead until the wood matches (don't want splinters on my nose). 😀

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I use a BB9 stem sometimes. I blocked the air port by stuffing in a little piece of aluminium foil shaped like a nail and it work well.
I also made a shorter adapter with the spare glasse tube, cutting it to the right length so i can use the vape without having to move the BB9 at all. It always sits flush on the ceramic part, i don't have to extand it to take a draw. It has more style :cool:and it's easier to use inverted on a water piece.
How did you cut down the glass tube? My first FW7 still has the long glass straw that I will never use -- I'd like to cut that down into small pieces to use with different stems. I have a diamond wheel for my dremel that will cut glass according to the package -- can I use that dry or should I flood with water while cutting?

EZ Wind,
Top Bottom