Firewood Vaporizer

Kaptan

I'm a glutton for punishment so I tried another bowl, this time loaded more and tamped down as tight as I possibly could. It reduced *some* charring, but it still happened. It looks like it took about 15-25 seconds for the device to come up to temp and give me a full rip. I just kept holding that button....

Also to clarify my device history, I have updated my signature. This is not my first rodeo with a vape that requires technique to use.
Just to clarify, you are waiting for the second vibration upon clicking the button before drawing?

Kaptan,

Tombudster

Just to clarify, you are waiting for the second vibration upon clicking the button before drawing?

I'm pretty sure it's the right buzz. I hit the button, hear the preset buzz, keep holding until I hear the buzz that means the oven is almost up to temp. Is there another buzz after that?

Tombudster,

Kaptan

For every button press to initiate heating, you will get first vibration indicating preset temp, then a few seconds later a single vibration indicating time to draw. After releasing the button, keep drawing until you get a third vibration indicating the device has cooled.

Momor

I have my FW7 for about 2 weeks and like almost evryone else i love it !

It's a lot smaller than what i had in mind seeing the pictures here, so i was very pleasantly surprised !

I had to use it for a week with the regular mouthpiece. I sanded its wood part very very slightly because it wasn't easy to slide out out of the box. This wood pieace around the tip of the MP isn't very confortable in the mouth because of its squared shape. The good side of this wood piece is that it stays cool to your lips.
I found the vapor a bit arsh. It reminded me a bit of my Impcognito without cooling stem.

Then my cooling MP came (hula stem xl) and WOW !, it puts the FW7 on another level. Vapor and tips of te MP stay very cool (even at 430°f) and airflow is better (less draw restriction). No more arshness at all.

I wasn't 100% satisfied by the "clickyness" of the button but after a few days of usage it became better and i'm now satisfied.

With BF discount it was a real bargain !

florduh

My new FW7 is here and looking great!

PXL-20201214-212917669.jpg

PXL-20201214-213013030.jpg

With my purple O'Connell dyna inception cooling stem, only had one bowl of blue flame now that tasted so amazing (nothing like a fresh pure vape!) Much more testing to do as usual... So many different stems and setups, I of course am used to the WPA, so going to try it standard for a little bit first. I'll comment more on fit and finish later too, but I love how it is fine sanded, even though my unit is unfinished without the wax oil, feels so super smooth and such a joy to hold!

Thanks again Marc @firewood!!

Has anybody tried both the FW cooling stem and the Inception Dynavap stem? I bought the green stem from FW, but am curious if the Inception cools the vapor even further. If there's not a performance boost, I'd probably just stick with a stem that can be totally concealed.

Traveler

Has anybody tried both the FW cooling stem and the Inception Dynavap stem? I bought the green stem from FW, but am curious if the Inception cools the vapor even further. If there's not a performance boost, I'd probably just stick with a stem that can be totally concealed.
Im pretty sure @Shit Snacks has both now (I have the dimpled stem that Marc sells, and the inception on the way (So cant give comparison yet)

rvarick

I've been using an Inception stem with my FW7 and it does offer some great cooling, maybe slightly over the dimpled/Hula-type stem Firewood offers. I'd say the most noticeable difference is that the Inception stem's mouthpiece doesn't get warm like the dimpled stem can with repeated draws. However despite this, I do end up using the Firewood dimpled stem more though as it fits fully into the unit, while the Inception stem does not (as shown in my post here). But when I'm looking for an extra cool session, the Inception stem delivers.

The next stem I'm planning to try (if it ever arrives via USPS that is) is Mistvape's beaded Dynavap stem (link). I did the math and think that the 50mm one with the mouthpiece on; should fully retract into the Firewood 7. My hope is with the wood mouthpiece I'll have a fully retractable cooling option which doesn't create heat on the lips like the dimpled stem. And I was able to locate one with a purpleheart mouthpiece from Puffitup, which I'm thinking should look quite nice against the Walnut Firewood :tup:

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

I've tried both - O'C inception and the FW cooling, I have green too.

I still have the inception in it, in fact was using it last night, but so far I think I'm liking the green cooling one from FW better.

Not much better, they're pretty close IMO, but I think the FW cooling does a slightly better job and it has the added bonus of being fully retractable.

Ripstar

I've tried both - O'C inception and the FW cooling, I have green too.

I still have the inception in it, in fact was using it last night, but so far I think I'm liking the green cooling one from FW better.

Not much better, they're pretty close IMO, but I think the FW cooling does a slightly better job and it has the added bonus of being fully retractable.
Is the inception longer?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is the inception longer?
Yup, like half inch longer.
@florduh I think the hula actually offers better cooling... It has deep spikes, that spiral so they are coming vertically and horizontally from every side, to effectively interrupt the vapor path and cool it... There are some spikes close to the mouthpiece tip though so at high temps with long hits it could get warm as reported above, but it's manageable... The inception stem has an inner tube, with spikes coming vertically from either end, it is a lot like the old condenser tube in the all glass vapcap I have... I like to use my inception stem, with the purple glass and comfortable mouthpiece, but I do think the hula stem that Marc sells is the best at cooling compared to the others I have and the retractability is working well... @Sneaky Pete makes the hula? He has many other colors available, and yeah I would like to get one of the XL size at one point too...

@rvarick I was thinking @mistvaporizer DynaVap cooling stems could be very nice with FW7... You'll have to let us know how it goes if it fits on its own!

Yeah I was going to do a post talking about my experience with the green hula stem with photos, but since someone asked I had to do it now and will add the photos later...

Edit to add one here:
PXL-20201215-211003172.jpg

(rest in post below)

Last edited:

florduh

I've been using an Inception stem with my FW7 and it does offer some great cooling, maybe slightly over the dimpled/Hula-type stem Firewood offers. I'd say the most noticeable difference is that the Inception stem's mouthpiece doesn't get warm like the dimpled stem can repeated draws. However despite this, I do end up using the Firewood dimpled stem more though as it fits fully into the unit, while the Inception stem does not (as shown in my post here). But when I'm looking for an extra cool session, the Inception stem delivers.

The next stem I'm planning to try (if it ever arrives via USPS that is) is Mistvape's beaded Dynavap stem (link). I did the math and think that the 50mm one with the mouthpiece on; should fully retract into the Firewood 7. My hope is with the wood mouthpiece I'll have a fully retractable cooling option which doesn't create heat on the lips like the dimpled stem. And I was able to locate one with a purpleheart mouthpiece from Puffitup, which I'm thinking should look quite nice against the Walnut Firewood :tup:

Ho-leeee-shit. If that stem works out it would be absolutely beautiful on the FW7. Looks like it should be pretty efficient at cooling as well, given all of the glass beads within the stem. I hope USPS hurries up so you can let us all know how you like it!

@Shit Snacks and @BrianTL thanks for letting me know about your experience with the two stems. Looks like I made the right choice waiting to see how Marc's stem treats me before branching out. It's possible I'll have my unit by Saturday, but more likely Monday. If we were back in the era when Priority Mail took 2-3 days, I'd have already been playing with it by now.

Yeah I was going to do a post talking about my experience with the green hula stem with photos, but since someone asked I had to do it now and will add the photos later...

Sorry dude! :lol:

Shit Snacks

Sorry dude! :lol:

Haha all good, it's especially funny because I wanted to post it yesterday before anyone else had posted, but I didn't want to go back to back with my last post... Then more people posted in between than I needed, while I got even lazier :rofl:

PXL-20201215-210252376.jpg

PXL-20201215-210546644.jpg

PXL-20201215-211158307.jpg

Since I don't know how to resize on my phone, I can actually only post three photos at a time, so there is a fourth from this set that I added to my post above!

D

Deleted member 66001

If anything I'll just push for a return or just sell it somewhere.

Hey man, I'm no more than just a guy in a clown suit telling someone in another part of the world what they should and shouldn't do with their vape. And truthfully, I don't know jack.

BUT..........this a very very VERY good vape. And I'd hate to see someone give up after a day or two. Be pissed, hell yeah. Be irritated, fuck yeah. Kick your dog, hell fuckin'..........no....I mean why would you kick your dog man? It's probably all cute and shit too.

I'm not trying to shit all over other people's opinions, but unless a vape really has some quirks and issues, I honestly think there's way too much discussion, in most threads, about how much pounds of pressure did you put in your tamp.......was it a medium grind, or was it really a medium fine grind........why weren't you sitting indian style facing northeast on a wednesday, weren't you aware this is a thursday vape!!??? I honestly use zero technique. Every night I'll use a different grinder........sometimes medium, sometimes course, sometimes pebbly, sometimes fluffy...........I'll tamp anywhere from hardish to just dumping it in and rippin'. Am I getting the absolute best 100% out of this vape by having no technique, probably not. But that's not the point. The point is, this vape is pretty darn easy to get fantastic results and it doesn't take precise latitude and longitude coordinates to do so.

Shit Snacks is right, you really should wait and talk to Marc......and be prepared to f bomb the world again.....because there's a chance that it may need to go back to Marc. And in all fairness to good Marc's name, I'm only saying that because this thread alone should tell you that's something not quite right with your FW7.

I really hope it works out for you man, I really do.

Tombudster

Alright, so there's some progress.

I don't know what happened. Was it the strain? Who the hell knows, but all of a sudden last night it clicked. Was sitting here with an email from Marc asking for some more investigation, so I loaded that sucker up with some Secret Cookies and it hit me like a freight train. I even loaded up some of the shitty NY medical flower and it gave me some pretty good results.

I literally have no idea what I did differently but here goes my new technique. I even timed things out on a timer to send to Marc. I did nothing differently in terms of tamping or grinding, the best that I can think of is that I'm giving the heater more time to.... heat up. Which I'm not sure if I have to do or should be doing. Is the buzz a suggestion or a definitive "It's at temp!"

11 Second heatup time to buzz from cold
27 second inhale, going from slow to fast, cigar puffing for the first 7 seconds, exhaling at intervals throughout while continuing to hold the power button
Next round
8 second heatup time to buzz
25 second inhale, this time inhaling faster to prevent charring
Third round
6 second heatup time to buzz
20 second inhale - RIP

I do not like that I will never be able to let friends or my girlfriend use it due to the complexity. I'm getting way more even AVB with way less charring, but my herb is not getting as brown as I'd like it to be. The other problem is that I literally need to RIP this thing to get the convection to start kicking in. I'm talking some deep, fast inhales.

I have finally got the bowls down to about 3-4 hits a piece, is that also somewhat normal? I feel like I'll only be able to get 2 bowls per battery which is what I figured would be the case, but maybe I'm just still taking longer to extract than others. My E-Nano kills bowls in 3 hits or less, the Dynavap takes about 3-4 cycles in my IH, so if I can keep the 3-4 hit cycle or less I'll be very pleased.

It's the weekend so I'll be putting this sucker through it's paces now to see what the deal is. Still need to get the WPA glass and the glass stem/wood holder combo from Marc to really finalize the whole kit.

Tombudster,
Reactions: dimmusp

Traveler

I don't know what happened. Was it the strain? Who the hell knows, but all of a sudden last night it clicked. Was sitting here with an email from Marc asking for some more investigation, so I loaded that sucker up with some Secret Cookies and it hit me like a freight train. I even loaded up some of the shitty NY medical flower and it gave me some pretty good results.

I literally have no idea what I did differently but here goes my new technique. I even timed things out on a timer to send to Marc. I did nothing differently in terms of tamping or grinding, the best that I can think of is that I'm giving the heater more time to.... heat up. Which I'm not sure if I have to do or should be doing. Is the buzz a suggestion or a definitive "It's at temp!"

27 second inhale, going from slow to fast, cigar puffing for the first 7 seconds, exhaling at intervals throughout while continuing to hold the power button
Next round
Third round
20 second inhale - RIP

I do not like that I will never be able to let friends or my girlfriend use it due to the complexity. I'm getting way more even AVB with way less charring, but my herb is not getting as brown as I'd like it to be. The other problem is that I literally need to RIP this thing to get the convection to start kicking in. I'm talking some deep, fast inhales.

I have finally got the bowls down to about 3-4 hits a piece, is that also somewhat normal? I feel like I'll only be able to get 2 bowls per battery which is what I figured would be the case, but maybe I'm just still taking longer to extract than others. My E-Nano kills bowls in 3 hits or less, the Dynavap takes about 3-4 cycles in my IH, so if I can keep the 3-4 hit cycle or less I'll be very pleased.

It's the weekend so I'll be putting this sucker through it's paces now to see what the deal is. Still need to get the WPA glass and the glass stem/wood holder combo from Marc to really finalize the whole kit.
I think something might still be wrong about your unit, just compared to my experience with it. I only take about 10-15 sec inhales (tops) and can easily whitewall my glass piece at 390. I also get around 5-6 loads out of a battery (and I change on 2 vibrations)

Good Luck getting it dialed in/diagnosed

Last edited:

Kaptan

This has been my go to mouthpiece (from a VPXL Cloud) at home the last couple of days. Vapor is cool even on preset 3 @ 420* and you can see the vapor density increase or decrease to modulate your inhale. I have also found that the terp taste lasts a few more hits than the stock cooling MP.

Attachments

• BC66CEFF-76AE-4BFF-A56F-07316CE508D3.jpeg
    BC66CEFF-76AE-4BFF-A56F-07316CE508D3.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 30

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

Next round
Third round
20 second inhale - RIP

I'm with @Traveler something is either wrong with your unit or you're waaaaaaay overthinking it. Most likely something is off with it, my experience sounds more like Travelers.

I've commented in here before that its *slightly* less "New user friendly" than my go-to new-user vape, but it's still probably the 2nd most user friendly portable vape I own. It would only take 30 seconds or so for me to show somebody how to use it. By you saying that you will NEVER be able to let your friends or girlfriend use it due to "complexity," that leads me to believe something is definitely wrong.

For example, there hasn't been one instance I felt I needed to cigar puff this thing to get it going... and same thing with a fast inhale/rip.

I start a slow and steady inhale basically as soon as it buzzes. I've never timed an inhale, but even 20 seconds seems like it would be towards the longer-length end of the spectrum for me. Maybe including the cool-down its probably around 20 seconds? By that time my lungs are ready to blow.

Shit Snacks

Next round
Third round
20 second inhale - RIP

Yeah that still sounds slow, like I said I can use the lowest default setting and start hitting at the first buzz, draw for like 10 seconds or so? Thick tasty clouds from the get-go... Long slow draw, half pack loads or less... Try loading less if you want a quicker session?? The amount of time you are holding the button, that battery life makes sense... And by the way, the faster stronger you are ripping it, you are actually getting less convection, you are cooling down the oven whereas a long slow draw will allow you more hybrid convection with the conduction though it also allows more conduction as you cool down the oven less... Yeah it seems pretty easy to share with one person, though I'm still afraid to do that myself lol Good luck with it though!

Vaporware

Anyone else using Molicel P26As? Do they fit okay, or are they too big to fit comfortably? Maybe mine needs a little extra sanding or some of the same batteries from a different batch?

My Firewood 7 came in a couple of days ago and after being pretty impressed the first day I’ve been trying to figure out how to consistently get the performance I did at first. I don’t push it to real charring, but I’ve come close enough that it started to taste off, and that certainly wasn’t required when I first used it.

I finally realized that the Murata VTC6s I’ve been using may just not be the best batteries for the job.

The first day I was using a Molicel P26A, and I would have continued using them except that the ones I have are very difficult to get out of my FW7.

I may give them another shot to see the difference so I can stop wondering if it’s the battery or the device...any tips on getting them out safely if I do try again? I’m thinking maybe wrap a ribbon under the battery before inserting?

@Tombudster Have you been using the same battery model every time? Same or different batteries? Care to share which model(s) and which worked better if you switched them?

It’s also possible that there’s just something not sealing well or another issue that’s lowering performance, but right now the battery feels like the most likely culprit to me.

Either way, I was initially impressed with the FW7’s performance, it didn’t require very long draws or a lot of thought and technique, and I’m pretty sure I can get back there. Possibly even just with different batteries.

So, any more thoughts on batteries? :)

Shit Snacks

Anyone else using Molicel P26As? Do they fit okay, or are they too big to fit comfortably? Maybe mine needs a little extra sanding or some of the same batteries from a different batch?

My Firewood 7 came in a couple of days ago and after being pretty impressed the first day I’ve been trying to figure out how to consistently get the performance I did at first. I don’t push it to real charring, but I’ve come close enough that it started to taste off, and that certainly wasn’t required when I first used it.

I finally realized that the Murata VTC6s I’ve been using may just not be the best batteries for the job.

The first day I was using a Molicel P26A, and I would have continued using them except that the ones I have are very difficult to get out of my FW7.

I may give them another shot to see the difference so I can stop wondering if it’s the battery or the device...any tips on getting them out safely if I do try again? I’m thinking maybe wrap a ribbon under the battery before inserting?

@Tombudster Have you been using the same battery model every time? Same or different batteries? Care to share which model(s) and which worked better if you switched them?

It’s also possible that there’s just something not sealing well or another issue that’s lowering performance, but right now the battery feels like the most likely culprit to me.

Either way, I was initially impressed with the FW7’s performance, it didn’t require very long draws or a lot of thought and technique, and I’m pretty sure I can get back there. Possibly even just with different batteries.

So, any more thoughts on batteries? :)

Specifically did not try my new molicell in my FW7 because I could tell how thick the wrapping was, I gently set it in and could tell how far it would have to be pressed and that it would be difficult to get out so I did not stick it in fully... Samsung 30Q also tend to have thicker wrapping for some reason so I would steer clear of those as well... No problems using VTC6 with mine (though it gave me fewer bowls than I was expecting, it is old though, the one that came with my tinymight) or LG HE4 or LG HG2 and I don't notice any difference in the performance depending on the battery I'm using... if this is a brand new device to you, again it helps to use only it, to focus on honing in your technique, I don't feel like I had that much trouble when I first got mine though...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@VaporWare Yes - my Molicels were a pain in the ass to get out at first. Well, I cant say with certainty if it was all of them or just 1 or 2. I really had to wrestle with the thing a couple times to get the Molicels out, and even slightly dented the casing on one of them trying to pry it out with a plastic/rubber kitchen thing. I think it was a spatula

I dont have any issue using the VT6C, they definitely seem to fit better - however after putting a few Molicels through it, and jamming down on the spring a bit with my thumb to loosen it up, seems to be a bit more cooperative now.

Performance wise I'm not sure if I notice any difference between the VT6C and Molicel 26.

Traveler

I have a load of VCT-5 that I have been using without issue. The (2) VCT-6 I have are too fat to trust after one got close to being stuck earlier this week. I considered cutting the wrap from the lower 60% of the negative end, but then I would have to relegate those cells to only the FW7

Tombudster

@VaporWare Yes - my Molicels were a pain in the ass to get out at first. Well, I cant say with certainty if it was all of them or just 1 or 2. I really had to wrestle with the thing a couple times to get the Molicels out, and even slightly dented the casing on one of them trying to pry it out with a plastic/rubber kitchen thing. I think it was a spatula

I dont have any issue using the VT6C, they definitely seem to fit better - however after putting a few Molicels through it, and jamming down on the spring a bit with my thumb to loosen it up, seems to be a bit more cooperative now.

Performance wise I'm not sure if I notice any difference between the VT6C and Molicel 26.

Uh... I think the battery is the issue. Tried a newer VTC6 I had laying around that I was using in the Pico.

- It fit in the device very snugly but still workable
- It changed the draw restriction a bit
- The heater buzz was almost INSTANT after the preset buzzes
- I was getting great hits out the gate with a 400 F preset, and now I'm getting charring with the same technique I perfected earlier.

I can't believe it, but I think the battery may have just been near it's death or old or something. Going to test more tonight but that was a very, very, very promising 2 sessions, with 4 buzzes of battery left.

Top Bottom