Firewood Vaporizer

Tickdickler

How does one get on the mailing list, must have missed those posts. I don't see anything on their website.

Just email Marc to get on the list. He started taking emails July 16 on page 105 in this thread. I joined the list on August 11th according to my email history. I'll let you guys know when I get an invoice.

Tickdickler,
Reactions: vapen00b

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't know nothing about nothing but saw this posted on Reddit but not here.

Unfinished Walnut Firewood 4 - $135.95

Finished Walnut Firewood 4- $165.95

Add battery (1 only per vaporizer) - $10

Unfinished Cooling Unit - $22.95

Finished Cooling Unit - 33.95

Nitecore Intellicharger I1 - $14.95

Extra Mouthpiece and Capsule - $12.95

Extra Capsule - $5.95

3 Extra mouthpieces w/ capsule plus Walnut holder (triple holder) - $36

Full Package (1 finished walnut, plus battery, charger, cooling unit, & triple holder with 3 mouthpieces/capsules) - $220 (normally $260.85)

Please Note - There will also be a shipping charge:

USPS domestic priority - $7

USPS domestic 1st class - $3

USPS Canada 1st class - $11

USPS other international 1st class - $17

EDIT:

I think the price of the actual unit is fair for both Finished/Unfinished; I was surprised to see a package option.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I'm not sure if you read my edited post but the heat up time was increased by at least 50%

"...heat up time was increased by at least 50%."

Not sure what you meant by that, Payton. Do you mean it's a faster heat up time, or slower?

Fat Freddy,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Also @paytonpenn ....would you happen to know what constitutes the difference between a finished and unfinished unit?

Are we talking stain/wax on a finished unit? Nothing on unfinished unit? Was your beta unit a finished unit?

Thanks again!

Fat Freddy,
Reactions: friedrich

Mr Mellish

Its faster heatup with the FW4.

FW4

FW3

Is that timing from the time the FW reports it's up to temp or from the time you turn it on? Mine takes mere seconds to report the temp via vibration and then I begin drawing immediately (slowly). I always seem to get good vapor.

Mr Mellish,

radiant34

thinking i might just get the unfinished cooling mouthpeice as the unit is quite expensive for same heater tech. does it attach to fw3 payton?

thx

radiant34,

Justpassedu

I don't know nothing about nothing but saw this posted on Reddit but not here.

EDIT:

I think the price of the actual unit is fair for both Finished/Unfinished; I was surprised to see a package option.
@paytonpenn around how many hits do you average off a fully packed capsule and at what temp ? Also is your model finished walnut or unfinished ? How many mah are the batteries you are using ? Thank you

Justpassedu,

Mulehead

The full package option is a great deal!
I already have a few chargers and at least a dozen batteries from Zi & Mi, but I can gift the charger and can always use more batteries.

If only all my portables had swappable 18650's!!
This will be my 4th portable convection this year, and 3 of 4 have swappable 18650's.
Hopefully this is a trend that other manufacturers will follow.

Gettinbetter

Also @paytonpenn ....would you happen to know what constitutes the difference between a finished and unfinished unit?

Are we talking stain/wax on a finished unit? Nothing on unfinished unit? Was your beta unit a finished unit?

Thanks again!

I was wondering the same thing. I can't remember if my f3 was finished or unfinished. I rub wax on it occasionally.

aphidii

Do we know what batts will work best in the fw4? I see marc's using HE2s, would Samsung 25R be suitable? Flat or nipple top?

I'll need to source batts locally being outside NA and want to make sure I get the right thing.

aphidii,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have been in contact with Marc about the batteries recently and this is a couple lines from 2 different emails with batteries recommendations/tips.

Marc @ firewood said:
I recommend LG HG2 which should be available elsewhere online, but there are others that are close or equal (maybe some even better?) You probably have either HE2, or HG2 (I don't think there is an H2). If they are HE2 or HG2 they will be good. The important spec to look for when buying batteries is the max continuous discharge current. It needs to be rated for at least 20A continuous current.

Sounds like Marc is getting ready to start churning these things out. I have put my order in already! I don't need another vape. I basically stopped regular use of flower vapes and switched to concentrate pens/tools but I couldn't stay away from this one so I am going to just get the Unfinished FW4 and Unfinished Cooling Unit. I can use the same batteries I have for the Milaana and the same charger and I should still have 3 capsules from the FW3 with a 2 capsule holder. Gonna be set!

Thanks again @firewood

Mr Mellish

I have been in contact with Marc about the batteries recently and this is a couple lines from 2 different emails with batteries recommendations/tips.

Sounds like Marc is getting ready to start churning these things out. I have put my order in already! I don't need another vape. I basically stopped regular use of flower vapes and switched to concentrate pens/tools but I couldn't stay away from this one so I am going to just get the Unfinished FW4 and Unfinished Cooling Unit. I can use the same batteries I have for the Milaana and the same charger and I should still have 3 capsules from the FW3 with a 2 capsule holder. Gonna be set!

Thanks again @firewood

I'm with you. The last thing that I need is another vape.

Oh, wait, I'm on the mailing list as of this morning. Sigh...

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hey-ho neighbor-o!

If you're like me, your sense of 18650 battery use and knowledge is somewhat limited. So I thought I would drop some links here as sort of a refresher course for those of us who feel they could use some updating and reassurance on 18650 battery safety and battery identification, just for starters.

http://tinyurl.com/h6chkqp

http://tinyurl.com/h6kwxjd

"Some superb foundational information about 18650 battery usage and safety on this link.
Anyone new to 18650 cells should read this."
(from @TheDudeNextDoor on http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/18650-battery-safety.18527/page-2)

"I cannot stress this strongly enough...only buy from known, trusted vendors! These include, but are not limited to, the following..." (from @TheDudeNextDoor)

www.liionwholesale.com
www.imrbatteries.com
www.illumn.com
www.rtdvapor.com
www.batterybro.com
www.orbtronic.com
www.nkon.nl
www.akkuteile.de
http://ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer