Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LabPong

I find you really want to draw slow. But you want to pull hard and slow. The hard allows more vapor productions. I usually start slow and soft for 3-5 seconds and then pull nice and hard for another 10 and then you start feeling it in your throat with huge exhales. Hope that helps.

Try pulling slow for the full 26 seconds the heater stays on for... ;)

LabPong,
Reactions: Modicum

LabPong

I normally do. The hits are massive. Especially the third hit on a fresh bowl. Wowzers!!!!!

nice!

I usually just draw until I feel it in my throat....sometimes it is no where near 26 seconds of the full heating time. Strains, moisture level, quality of flower, and grind/pack will all effect this.

LabPong,

Torbill

I’ve got some very dry weed. I either get combustion when I use it too fine. Or if I break of coarse pieces I don’t get a lot of vapor. Is there a way to make this vape work well with dry weed?

Torbill,

LitPot

I’ve got some very dry weed. I either get combustion when I use it too fine. Or if I break of coarse pieces I don’t get a lot of vapor. Is there a way to make this vape work well with dry weed?
Try starting at pre set temperature 2 and work your way up slowly, maybe stir more often

LitPot,

LabPong

Yes...first question is what temp are you using?

LabPong,

Djsleepy

So as some have warned I got sloppy with my iso and my seals on two lids are 1/4 way loose , seems if I press down at spot to make good magnet connection it seals fine I imagine problem would be if seal was off completely , has anyone been able to reseal? If so how? Tia

Djsleepy,

F-UCTD

As strange as it sounds when this happened to me with my FF2 I used some honey to stick the seal down and it worked. Not as good as a new lid but it worked.

F-UCTD,

Djsleepy

As strange as it sounds when this happened to me with my FF2 I used some honey to stick the seal down and it worked. Not as good as a new lid but it worked.
That’s a f’in great idea , did it last temporarily or permanent ?

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

Honey? Lol. Jesus. Wouldn’t that wipe away when cleaning? This kid and gasket scares me. Just gonna keep it dirty and avoid any possibility it breaking lol.

ginolicious,

LabPong

When I clean around the gasket.....I have my ISO qtip and right be hind it quickly....I have my H2O qtip to clean off the iso. Try not to get the iso on the top of the seal....it can absorb quickly to the adhesive layer.

Not sure what to use for a new food/medical grade adhesive. I have always been careful about that foam seal....ISO can kill it easily.

LabPong,

ginolicious

When I clean around the gasket.....I have my ISO qtip and right be hind it quickly....I have my H2O qtip to clean off the iso. Try not to get the iso on the top of the seal....it can absorb quickly to the adhesive layer.

Not sure what to use for a new food/medical grade adhesive. I have always been careful about that foam seal....ISO can kill it easily.

Interesting method. How old is your unit? And how often you cleaned to have the seal still working mint?

what if we use a cleaning solution that doesn’t have alcohol in it? Like the Zeus cleaner?

ginolicious,

LabPong

I am not sure about using other things to clean...that is all I ever use one most everything. But just test it out on a piece that is bad already if you can.

Try the ISO pads in the packets and use a small strait screwdriver inside it to wipe along the edge and not touch it....but have that water wipe or water qtip ready if you do touch it. You cant be too safe with this part of the vape...almost an achilies heal.

I only use water qtips on the top of the foam seal piece. I just try not to touch the foam edge too much when I use ISO qtips. If I touch the foam seal edge, I just quickly wipe it with the water one quickly. So far I have not had an issue in either a FF2 and a FF2+. Been using them for some time now.

LabPong,

ginolicious

For deep cleans I do a quick wipe with iso and then I rinse with water to get close to the edges. I don’t lithe the wipes. Too bulky

ginolicious,

technique

Hi guys I tend to get a very uneven cook and next to no vapor, I get some vapor for the first 2 pulls but not much and I struggle to get an after this. Currently at 380 degrees and 108 on the slider.

I have never changed my vaping profile so that's at default setting.

I'm still experimenting away so will keep you guys updated as I go.

technique,

LabPong

Hi guys I tend to get a very uneven cook and next to no vapor, I get some vapor for the first 2 pulls but not much and I struggle to get an after this. Currently at 380 degrees and 108 on the slider.

I have never changed my vaping profile so that's at default setting.

I'm still experimenting away so will keep you guys updated as I go.

At 380....you should get decent vapor after the first warm up draw.

Stir after every draw! The finer you grind...the messier is gets..I always suggest chunks or whole buds if they are lower humidity and ready to vape.

I would leave the calibration slider at the default 100 setting. Draw slow and try to draw for the full 26 seconds on the first draw....and at least 15-26 on the 2nd draw. By this time the flower is not moist and should extract easily and more vapor should be seen.

LabPong,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Djsleepy

I love the consistency I get and if it Ever does go down, I know it’s almost always the battery......pop in a new one and BAM ! Hits galore!! Really digging this vape!

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

I noticed this as the bottom of where my mouth piece goes. There is a gap in the body and it’s not flush. haven’t seen any performance issues. But kinda interesting on that not sitting flush. Looks like a defect to me.

YctbYCE.jpg

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

I noticed this as the bottom of where my mouth piece goes. There is a gap in the body and it’s not flush. haven’t seen any performance issues. But kinda interesting on that not sitting flush. Looks like a defect to me.

YctbYCE.jpg
Don’t worry mine too.... I also noticed I had a lot of gunk at back of area where mp goes...it rests against steel filter....will clean more often

Djsleepy,

LabPong

YctbYCE.jpg

It is normal...but is not anything to worry about at all as it does not effect any performance or create safety issues.

LabPong,

ginolicious

It is normal...but is not anything to worry about at all as it does not effect any performance or create safety issues.

Fair enough. Just shocked me to see that on a real expensive vape. I just noticed it. Was like geez. Craftsmanship and pride for manufacturing out the window.

ginolicious,

technique

Yes I have vapor.

I found j had been too timid in packing the bowl. I had been packing too loose as I was had read alot about the air flow.

I now pack slightly tighter, I overfill the bowl and give it a little tamp. It doesn't effect airflow and I am getting decent pulls out of it.

I'm still unable to get a completely even bake on the herb but at the same time I can not say I'm not toasted either.

Another few bowl and I should have this bad boy down.

Thank you all for all the great tips and suggestions

technique,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom