• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firefly 1, 2, 2+

ginolicious

I somehow lost the screen for my firefly 2+. Not that I ever used it anyways. Gonna be doing some nice huge rips on this bad boy tonight with some nice IPA beers. Second night alone with the dog.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Djsleepy

Majordude2626

I somehow lost the screen for my firefly 2+. Not that I ever used it anyways. Gonna be doing some nice huge rips on this bad boy tonight with some nice IPA beers. Second night alone with the dog.
I lost my screen for a while. I just took a regular pipe screen and cut it to size. So much better airflow, that even when I found the original I never used it again. I have had my firefly2 since preorder and still using it, although sparingly. I use it a few times a week. My main vape our two Dynavap bb9s. Oh yeah just ordered a spare battery from slick vapes. It was delivered today.

Majordude2626,
Reactions: Jill NYC

marenvrinda

Can someone clear up a discrepancy? I have seen posts that say the Firefly does the best with finely ground material, and then others that say you should not grind it up too fine. The manual itself simply states it should be ground.

marenvrinda,

jbm

Can someone clear up a discrepancy? I have seen posts that say the Firefly does the best with finely ground material, and then others that say you should not grind it up too fine. The manual itself simply states it should be ground.
I get the best results with either breaking up buds a bit and stirring to break them down more over the course of the session, or a very coarse grind. Finest grind I've used is a medium from a BCG. Coarser is better with the FF.

ginolicious

I do a medium grind. I have no issues with it. I find I get the best vapor production when I use a grinder. Downside is the device gets a lot dirtier a lot quicker. And sometimes you get ground abv stuck to the top of the lid. People who say not to grind are trying to avoid the small specs and to keel the unit cleaner longer. I find this is the easiest vape to clean and takes the least amount of time. So using ground material does not bother me.

marenvrinda

Yep my stuff always sticks to the top of the lid too. But I have always used a grinder in my combustion days and wanted to continue to use one. Speaking of combustion, I have only been vaping for a week now and must say it has totally changed my life. I can't believe the difference in quality (!) and I will soon be looking forward to not having to clear my lungs of phlegm every morning for an hour. This takes a couple months though. Why didn't I make the switch years ago?!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Downside is the device gets a lot dirtier a lot quicker. And sometimes you get ground abv stuck to the top of the lid.
For my Firefly OG I do a medium grind as well but someone on Reddit turned me on to these Amazon solid titanium 5/8 inch disks with holes that fit perfectly over the OG bowl. It keeps herb from getting stuck to the lid or flying down the air path. It also does seem to improve overall performance, promoting better air flow, even heating, and keeping the overall unit cleaner.
20200831_200554.jpg

Vapestein

For my Firefly OG I do a medium grind as well but someone on Reddit turned me on to these Amazon solid titanium 5/8 inch disks with holes that fit perfectly over the OG bowl. It keeps herb from getting stuck to the lid or flying down the air path. It also does seem to improve overall performance, promoting better air flow, even heating, and keeping the overall unit cleaner.
View attachment 2155
I second the idea of adding am5/8 steel or ceramic screen in the fireflys. I've been using my FF2 for almost 3 yr.

Vapestein,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

ginolicious

I think I just got over 10 hits from a bowl plate night. It was an old bowl from a day prior. But damn. It was a never ending bowl. I need to check my ABV see how dark I got it. Don’t remember being able to go all day on the same bowl though. Every hit was pumping.

ginolicious,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

cpl5938

The Firefly 2+ has worked out better for me than I thought it would. Occasionally, I’ll have a bowl that doesn’t go so well but that is few and far between. I find a coarse grind works best and I just break up the buds or grind lightly. I do tap it out every few hits and stir it around. I’ve never used the app. I start at 3 for the first three hits, then go to 4 for the next three hits, and then to 5 for last four to six hits. A bowl will last me a day, with an average of 12 hits. I did buy an extra battery and the external charger. I also bought extra mouthpieces but I’m still using the original one after a year. I clean the unit after every 2-3 bowls and haven’t had any issues with it.

ginolicious

Temp stepping is something I rarely do on this unit. I usually just vape my bowls at level 4. I have some real nice cured and dried weed that’s working super well right now.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Vizyt91

Majordude2626

I‘ve been temp stepping from 330 to 400. I do a hit sometimes 2 a day. It last all week. This vape serves the purpose of being totally stealthy smell wise in conjunction with smoke buddy. I strictly use it for that.

marenvrinda

The Firefly 2+ has worked out better for me than I thought it would. Occasionally, I’ll have a bowl that doesn’t go so well but that is few and far between. I find a coarse grind works best and I just break up the buds or grind lightly. I do tap it out every few hits and stir it around. I’ve never used the app. I start at 3 for the first three hits, then go to 4 for the next three hits, and then to 5 for last four to six hits. A bowl will last me a day, with an average of 12 hits. I did buy an extra battery and the external charger. I also bought extra mouthpieces but I’m still using the original one after a year. I clean the unit after every 2-3 bowls and haven’t had any issues with it.
Thanks for this info.

marenvrinda,
Reactions: cpl5938

Djsleepy

Any one want the brush sold in maintenance kit here it is

I would definitely recommend if not these some other form of metal brush will work, but it’s improved my performance especially after heavy use.

What screens?

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Game changer! I was reading the above.post from @NYC_Frank regarding those honeycomb screens, and just like he said "improve overall performance, promoting better air flow, even heating, and keeping the overall unit cleaner." I had some from my square and placed.on top of my FF2+ and was floored by the first.hit!!!!! Huge tasty cloud that had.coughing cause it was sooo much vapor !!!. The ones I.got the are 3/4" here at Amazon

Here is pic

Check em out!!!!
many thanks @NYC_Frank !

Last edited:

ginolicious

Any one want the brush sold in maintenance kit here it is

What screens?
Screen from mouthpiece.

ginolicious,

NYC_Frank

Game changer! I was reading the above.post from @NYC_Frank regarding those honeycomb screens, and just like he said "improve overall performance, promoting better air flow, even heating, and keeping the overall unit cleaner." I had some from my square and placed.on top of my FF2+ and was floored by the first.hit!!!!! Huge tasty cloud that had.coughing cause it was sooo much vapor !!!. The ones I.got the are 3/4" here at Amazon
Check em out!!!!
many thanks @NYC_Frank !
Glad they worked out Djsleepy :)

someTooL

Thank you for bringing these up. These screens definitely have me interested. 5/8 or 3/4? I see both listed in two posts above. One TI one SS.

NYC_Frank

Thank you for bringing these up. These screens definitely have me interested. 5/8 or 3/4? I see both listed in two posts above. One TI one SS.
stick with what works ... if you have an FF2 get DJsleepys 3/4 ones ... if you have an FF1 get the 5/8 ... dont think the SS vs Titaniam is any big deal ... has turned my old FireFly OG into a supersonic jet ... enjoy your flight
Screenshot_20200910-091400_Google.jpg

Top Bottom